Count

The Count Project

The other Montague is similarly well behaved! He gendered male and will grow up soon. I doubt I'll be able to get him a home during the holidays, so let me know when you're available. c: I don't wanna scroll block you, so we can arrange to send him over right as he's about to mature.

The other Montague is similarly well behaved! He gendered male and will grow up soon. I doubt I'll be able to get him a home during the holidays, so let me know when you're available. c: I don't wanna scroll block you, so we can arrange to send him over right as he's about to mature.

I've got space smile.gif But I'm only home in a few hours from now. ;_;

I got the pretty, thank you!

In other news, Count Secundus bit his first egg, but it was lost ;_;. Oh well. Next month!

Edit:

I gave Count Secundus a description that I hope will get approved. smile.gif

As the first pure childe of the Montague line of vampires, Count Secundus is deeply proud of his vampiric heritage and a staunch defender of the Montague ideals in public perception. Normally considering himself far too refined for acts of violence, his precious composure snaps like a meagre twig in vicinity of any identified Capulet, hunting them until he's either irreversibly lost their trail (after which he'll be in a foul mood for days) or until he's given himself the pleasure of slitting their throat. Of course, this doesn't keep a Capulet down any more than it would knock any other Vampire out of stride, but the symbolic value of the gesture keeps Count Secundus content... and his sire quite displeased - if he were not her first childe, she would have him disowned for his two-faced behaviour.

Edit II:

And Count Daedalus:

Count Daedalus is the second pure childe of the Montague line of vampires and a hunting companion of Count Secundus. The two have a relationship much akin to brothers despite their bloodline technically being separate, with Secundus a childe of Countess Montague and Daedalus a childe of Count Montague. Daedalus tolerates his 'brother's' mood-swings, helping him cover up the worst of his slips of civilised behaviour out of amicable generosity - and because his own neck is on the line, since his sire has on a few select occasions insinuated that he's responsible of keeping Secundus in line. This is especially true if the backlash might tarnish the reputation of the family as a whole, which would never be tolerated.

I hope that's all right. smile.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

I have a lovely pure egg (z-code!) from Count Daedalus to give to anyone who'd like to give a Montague a home. smile.gif (If no one turns up, I'll keep it. <3)

Gone to Sethiss. She hasn't posted here yet, but she's been watching the project... largely because I keep bothering her about it! laugh.gif I asked her if she wanted it and she said yes. happy.gif

Edited by pinkgothic

Hi! I just found this project, and it sounds like it'd be pretty interesting. I'd like to join on the Capulet side. Seems like they could use some help. ^.^

I want to participate!

Forum Name: Dayaine

Scroll Link:Scroll

Clan: Capulet

Active Sires:

-Name, gen, active/inactive (has it bitten this month?)

Preferred Method of Contact: PM

Edited by Dayaine

Hello everyone. I would like to request a Montague egg (though I wish I could request both...)

I want to participate!

Forum Name: Kurei Chitsu

Scroll Link: http://dragcave.net/user/Kurei%20Chitsu

Clan: Montague

Active Sires: none yet

-Name, gen, active/inactive (has it bitten this month?)

Preferred Method of Contact: PM

Edited by Kurei Chitsu

Dayaine, Kurei Chitsu, welcome, both of you! Nice to see some interest in this project. biggrin.gif

@Kurei Chitsu: Once zEW4L grows up (see post two posts above yours), I'll ask Sethiss to try getting you an egg, assuming Count doesn't beat her to it. smile.gif

Report from Sethiss (I really need to get her to post here, herself):

Countess Zewyl grew up!

Unfortunately, her first bitten egg was lost.

If someone wants to try catching it, it's bound to show up in the AP about three days from now. (It was bred less than ten minutes ago.)

Yes, sorry about that everyone. Apparently Countess Zewyl is a little absent minded. Or maybe just focusing on more important Montague matters than keeping track of her egg.

Thank you for keeping up with this project while I was out of the country, Pinkgothic! I should have warned you that I was going to be gone for a week. I'm still in the airport, but once I'm back in my nice toasty apartment I will update all of the lists. Once again, I really appreciate your help. You're a lifesaver!

Glad to see you're interested and welcome to the project, Kurei Chitsu and Dayaine! My vamps should be able to bite for January soon, so I will keep you posted. *salutes*

Thank you for keeping up with this project while I was out of the country, Pinkgothic! I should have warned you that I was going to be gone for a week. I'm still in the airport, but once I'm back in my nice toasty apartment I will update all of the lists. Once again, I really appreciate your help. You're a lifesaver!

Glad to see you're interested and welcome to the project, Kurei Chitsu and Dayaine! My vamps should be able to bite for January soon, so I will keep you posted. *salutes*

That's a relief; I was scared you'd run off, leaving the Capulets rather crippled in this epic struggle. laugh.gif Welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your time off. smile.gif

I managed to get in touch with the person who caught the lost egg from Count Secundus, and it's been named pure, so it's a proper Montague now. smile.gif They're not going to partake in the lineage, but! They did bite a festive egg that was lost, so if anyone from the Montague side of the struggle wants to try and catch it... go ahead. biggrin.gif

(Alternatively, if someone from the Capulet side would like to try and snag it and reappropriate it, I'm sure that's also acceptable...?) xd.png

Did Count run away?

I hope not. The Capulets still need to start their lineage. wink.gif If s/he does run away I'm going to have to supply some of my own sireless vampires (not from the original Halloween drop, but before sires were recorded) to start us off on that side. *g*

--

I asked the person who owns Count Gamma of the Montagues (Painter) if I could share the PM I got from her; she said yes, so here's a paste (because it's an awesome PM):

I noticed you caught this handsome fellow! Since Count Secundus is part of the Montague line of vampires, I feel obliged to let you know about your catch. happy.gif You don't have to do anything! But if the project looks interesting to you, you're welcome to join in. smile.gif If not, disregard this PM. Enjoy your vampy!

That's... kind of neat. o_o I don't think I'll participate (I'm too inactive!) but I appreciate you bringing this to my attention! That has to be, really, the coolest breeding project I've ever seen. Then again, I don't look at the projects that much.

I named him "Count Gamma of the Montagues" since gamma is the third letter in the Greek alphabet.

I bit an egg and it repulsed. The egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/Trx2K

I hope you guys have lots of fun with this! 0_0

Edited by pinkgothic

Wow pinkgothic, thanks for doing that investigation! I'm glad Count Gamma made it back to the Montagues successfully! I'll add him when I get home!

Sorry for the absence! My vamps should all be off cooldown soon, to it's almost time for another wave of bites! Before I start with the Capulets, I have a quick question. Dayaine mentioned using the naming convention Conte & Contessa instead of Count & Countess for Capulet dragons so that it is easier to tell who belongs to which line. I think that's a fine idea, but I'd like to get a second or hear some opinions before I change everything!

Edited by Count

Good news for the Montagues this month! Both Count and Countess Montague transformed an egg that stayed on my scroll. A home is pending for one of them, but would anyone else be interested in a second generation Montague?

I got overzealous and went ahead and had Count and Countess Capulet bite! One of them got a little too excited the egg was kicked from my scroll, but we finally have a pure second gent Capulet egg ready to go!

Edited by Count

Good news for the Montagues this month! Both Count and Countess Montague transformed an egg that stayed on my scroll. A home is pending for one of them, but would anyone else be interested in a second generation Montague?

I got overzealous and went ahead and had Count and Countess Capulet bite! One of them got a little too excited the egg was kicked from my scroll, but we finally have a pure second gent Capulet egg ready to go!

The Capulets finally have a bebbe Capulet?! Aweso--, I mean *sneer*!

I'm always interested in Montagues, obviously. I'm sure Sethiss is, too. tongue.gif

I would like to let people know that the Montague is safely being taken care of in my scroll. Thank you, Count.

In addition, I have found that, for better or for worse, my fiancee has chosen the Capulet side... she may reply here if she has a chance.

Edited by Kurei Chitsu

*pokes Count's earlier post about a new naming convention for the Capulets*

Anyone have any opinions on changing the convention to Conte & Contessa to make the lines easier to trace?

-Also, I picked up the first Capulet!

Edited by Dayaine

I would like to let people know that the Montague is safely being taken care of in my scroll. Thank you, Count.

In addition, I have found that, for better or for worse, my fiancee has chosen the Capulet side... she may reply here if she has a chance.

Awesome, welcome aboard! ...my condolences about your fiancée. wink.gif *giggle*

*pokes Count's earlier post about a new naming convention for the Capulets*

Anyone have any opinions on changing the convention to Conte & Contessa to make the lines easier to trace?

-Also, I picked up the first Capulet!

I do think that sounds neat... it would certainly add the dynamic of allowing for family betrayals, by naming Montague childer the Capulet way or vice versa. smile.gif Personally, I'm not hugely sold on the titles - I think I'd prefer something even more distinct from the Montague variant - but the distinction's definitely a good idea.

Congratulations on the Capulet! smile.gif Nice to see that part of this project finally getting off the ground.

Montague vs. Capulet Feud:

Every story has a beginning, but not all stories have an end. This story, like many others before it, is one that seems as timeless as time itself. A fight that becomes a feud. Friends that become foes. And a beginning as innocuous as any could ever be.

The Capulets and Montagues, two families as old as time, began as the best of friends. And as many friends eventually do, they grew apart. What caused this chasm to open between them? What created the divide that even now forces the next generations apart?

Blood.

For the Montagues, blood has always been extremely important. Only those who are pure and beautiful were allowed to descend of the Montague line. Beautiful lineages or caveborn children were always welcome, but the Montagues refused to acknowledge any who were not of a purer blood.

The Capulets, on the other hand, were accepting of those who were born to misfortune, accepting any who came across their path, even the messiest of lineages. The Capulets were known for their soft hearts, often converting eggs that were unloved simply to find them homes.

But....

All of this was a very long time ago, and as is often the case with a feud between friends, the reason for the feud became a somewhat distant, forgotten memory. Both sides turn more children every month in an attempt to turn the feud in their favor. Neither side discriminates any longer on who may or may not become part of the line because each child is precious as the two sides battle for supremacy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what you guys would think of this idea for the feud, but I told Count I'd start trying to write something up. Also, I chose the Capulets for the messy lineage side as they each turned a messy lineage, but the Montagues have only ever turned pretty lineages or CBs.

Just let me know your opinions!

Nice write-up!

Though... I thought we're not supposed to bite messy lineages for this project? *confus* x_x

4) Lineage members must either be CB or eggs from nice lineages (Thuwed, Dorkface, even lines, etc).

Though I'd not be opposed to seeing that changed, as long as it's okay with Count? smile.gif Even if I've equally got to admit I like the idea that this project focusses on pretty lines and CBs (as opposed to "just CBs" or "anything goes").

Alternatively, maybe just change it to pretty-lineaged for the Montagues (letting their childer inherit the prestige and power of their lineages) and CBs for the Capulets (who aren't that interested in traditional social power structures)?

I will hold on to the egg for a little while to see if anyone new turns up, but if it hatches before then I'll send you and Sethiss a note!

Thank you for joining the project, Kurei Chitsu! Sorry about your fiancee, haha.

If you're not sold on Conte & Contessa, pinkgothic, do you have any alternative suggestions?

I like the idea of there being a source to the feud, but I would still prefer to keep messy lineages out of the project! The whole CBs over pretty lines idea from pinkgothic would work for me though! Right now I've made a point of only biting CB second gens, but that would be fine since they're the older children anyways... I can start biting lineaged Montagues next month!

Edited by Count

If you're not sold on Conte & Contessa, pinkgothic, do you have any alternative suggestions?

Nope, which is why it's a completely half-assed crit on my end. laugh.gif Lord and Lady, maybe, but that's rather overdone already, and doesn't quite suit the fluff. Marquis and Marquise, perhaps? Yeeeah I have no idea. I'm not very good at this. xd.png