I said that I can be annoyed by a toddler's constant hysteria and crying, but not all children behave that way. I'm usually very good with kids, I try my best to be patient around them and mostly I do a pretty good job!

I like babies a lot and I loved holding my baby neighbor when he was still an infant, and babies fill me with some kind of strange joy.

I'm not saying anything about being a mother in the future, but it's not too fictional or impossible. tongue.gif

Unfortunately, I agree with OP here. I find human babies absolutely disgusting.

A lot of you have probably heard the same old "once its yours you will love it no matter what" nonsense, but take it from my now very distant friend who became a father not two years ago... human offspring are the spawn of Satan. Or well, that's how he put it.

"Human offspring are the spawn of Satan." - Direct quote.

And after having been forced to babysit a certain relative's "new addition" in my late teens, time and time and time again, I'd hate to agree with him, but I do. Now I see why Imps are portrayed the way they are.

Ironic, though... I can bet the contents of my recently refilled wallet that the vast majority of people on here won't think twice about saying they like, say.. kittens, or duckings, or puppies. AND YET, there is a very prominent trend of disliking human babies.

I understand that compared to being barfed on, pissed on and eternally annoyed by the agonizingly loud cries of a smelly little pink poop factory that's only going to grow up to put a colossal dent in your savings, and then end up hating you for trying to tell it how to behave, simply can not measure up to the comparatively miniscule amounts of care and resources needed to keep your little puppy or kitten happy and healthy, but it's peculiar, isn't it? Strange how the lot of us are ready to go AWWWW about the infant of almost any species, but our own.

But hell, I might be wrong on this...

But let me tell you one last thing.

The only people I've ever known that have shown even the slightest admiration for human babies, are primarily girls, who have never had the opportunity to actually deal with one for more then 5 minutes at a time. Even my own mother thought I, her only son, was a colossal pain in the arse to raise. And I probably was.

I'm planning on keeping my thing wrapped up tight, or maybe getting the required procedure to prevent fatherhood.

But personally, I think it's clear I'm not burning with anticipation to spawn another imp.

Edited by Brotato

It's a bit odd. Kids love me (ug) and I am good with them. I've watched them in the past. But I just don't like them. I can put up with well behaved ones for a bit, but I would rather not. I do like teaching younger kids about animals, but I still don't like the kids. Babies are worst. I'm fully able to care for them for a time, but I don't want to. I've raised orphaned animals. I just don't like them. I don't know exactly why. Part of the reason is there are just too many people as it is. I like nature and animals better and more people mean more destruction.

Nothing worse than when people with babies nearly force you to hold one.

I don't like them. I don't really like kids.

Not exactly about babies, but soon I'll have an exam with a little kid as a patient, and for some reason I can't wait! I hope the kid doesn't get scared, though. sad.gif

Ironic, though... I can bet the contents of my recently refilled wallet that the vast majority of people on here won't think twice about saying they like, say.. kittens, or duckings, or puppies. AND YET, there is a very prominent trend of disliking human babies.

I understand that compared to being barfed on, pissed on and eternally annoyed by the agonizingly loud cries of a smelly little pink poop factory that's only going to grow up to put a colossal dent in your savings, and then end up hating you for trying to tell it how to behave, simply can not measure up to the comparatively miniscule amounts of care and resources needed to keep your little puppy or kitten happy and healthy, but it's peculiar, isn't it? Strange how the lot of us are ready to go AWWWW about the infant of almost any species, but our own.

Baby animals are often adorable and, depending on the species, require far less extensive care than human children.

Take kittens for example. Within a few months that kitten will be able to not only take solid food, but to do its business in the box, explore the world on its own, and take on some responsibility for its own care (washing itself, finding the food bowl by itself).

It takes like five years for a human child to get to some of those stages, and human children are dependent on the parents for at least 18 years. Cats live into their teens, yeah, but the cat typically doesn't end up hating you because you try and modify its behaviour to be less bad or any of the other nonsensical reasons children "rebel".

And looking it from a different perspective, an animal often provides some sort of function. Animals can be very therapeutic, as well as aesthetically pleasing. Animals can be trained to work. Babies can't do any of that (and I find neither babies nor children aesthetically pleasing, but that's more a matter of opinion), and neither can children until they get older.

A lot of people do find human babies cute but I just don't see it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't like babies. I reject the premise of diaper duty. They're loud and shrieky. They take away your normal sleep routine. They need too much attention. (and when they grow into children and teens, I don't handle defiance very well.) I have trouble bringing myself down to the level of a child, because that's a level of immaturity I absolutely hate dealing with. It's also important that I have reasonably calm surroundings and that I simply get enough time away from people to unfray my nerves every now and then.

I'm selfish. I want my time for me. I have no intention of bringing a child into my world unless I'm pretty dang ready for it.

I'd much rather have animals.

I respect and understand people who don't like babies. I mean, babies are a handful and they cry and they can get really stinky. But I really like them because they're super interesting. It's really cool to watch them develop personalities and discover what they like. They're just little people figuring out how to act. It's just really incredible.

I respect and understand people who don't like babies. I mean, babies are a handful and they cry and they can get really stinky. But I really like them because they're super interesting. It's really cool to watch them develop personalities and discover what they like. They're just little people figuring out how to act. It's just really incredible.

I actually like this point of view. wink.gif

And that reminds me, I somehow adore the sound of a baby laughing. There is no cuter sound than that! At least coming from a human being. wub.gif

I like babies.

Yeah, they're sticky and messy and can be brats.

But they can be so cute.

I was thirteen when my sister was born so I've pretty much helped raise her.

It's fun watching them grow and become little people.

I do really want to become a mother one day.

I cannot overstate how much this thread has made me giggle~

Hate is a strong word but it is not a death wish on anything. Loathe, maybe. Maybe. Hate is an extreme dislike. Anyways, some babies are cute, some babies are not. To me its like dogs. Some dogs are cute and you just wanna pet them and be like "Aww~" Some dogs are annoying little pricks that are all over you and licking you, and just ew.

Yeah. I want a family though. Babies can be cute. Not all of them though. Just some.

Lovely, I have the same view point with the original poster. I don't plan on getting children. Well, maybe if they grow through the baby stage super fast. I just dislike babies. As some babies may be cuddly, they are rare. Most babies are destructive, even if they don't mean it. They are also too demanding. Milk, milk, milk. My diapies wet. It's enough to drive a mom crazy. I can't handle all the responsibility. Toddlers are worse. They can walk and become walking disasters. They are ever curious and break into things. Objects that you think are safe from them are never safe. I got my mug broken, my pencils all scattered and etc. i am a neat and organised freak so you can feel how a disaster is for me.

It actually depends. I would prefer having female children because males are guaranteed to be destructive as described above but females at least have some chance for the contrary. tongue.gif I know. I'm being biased.

I do flat out not like babies all that much and I deffinetly do not plan on having any kids before I have a life with more time and attention ready for one.

It is not that I hate them, but I find babies hoisy, gross and troublesome, they require more energy and patience that I have spare and a whole new mindset and way of thinking that I do not have (yet), I probably will some day when I feel ready to actually have kids, but I do not see that happending in near future. At least not until I have been educated and have a job and such.

I know it is technically not babies, but I once worked for a short while in a kindergarden and even though it had its moments, it was really hard and working together with kids and telling them what to do and what not to do is actually pretty hard. It is deffinetly not the way I want to go with my life, but I do have a great deal of respect for those who can control 10-20 toddlers and still keep their cool xd.png

I have no maternal instincts towards humans babies. The closest is my nephew but I do not babysit him for more than half an hour. And I refused to change him. So he would have to wait until my sister got home. Dog pile me for it if you want. I'm not meant to mother. The only time my mommy instinct comes out is with baby animals.

I actually love babies/kids.

I'm only 14, but I hope to at have 2+ kids when I'm older. But, if I am not able to have kids, I want to adopt some kids (I might even like to try being a foster parent). I've always kinda had a thing for kids, and I love babysitting/being with other children (and kids tend to like me as well). But, for any of you that don't like kids, I won't judge. I may not agree, but everyone can have their own opinions about things. smile.gif

My sister is two, and she's pretty bad. Don't get me wrong, I love her, but she is among the most obnoxious things on the planet. She can be really horrible sometimes, such as wanting to see her exhausted mother while said mother is trying to sleep, crying over the underwear she so desperately wants despite her inability to grasp the concept of a toilet, and her overall bad attitude. She can be good, occasionally, but that moment is a rare one.

I love babies who are raised right. My sister has not been raised right, and she is the reason I'll never have kids.

I like babies. But only fried in oil. Never butter.

No but really, I've grown my fair share of pedophobia over the years. Mostly due to my extremely immature and ridiculously irritating brother.

I don't feel like I'm at a point in life where I would be willing to give up a career and become someone else's caretaker for 20 years until they move out. When you have a child, you're committing yourself to 18-20 long years of being responsible for them. Maybe I'm selfish, but I would not give up a career for a kid. Sorry.