Hey, In the U.S, the densest population is along the coastline in many of the larger cities. The population is pretty low everywhere else.

I do sort of regret saying that now that you bring that up.

The population is pretty low everywhere else.

Those areas are generally one of a few things:

-harsher

-harder to build on and cultivate

-harder to get resources to

There's a reason why lots of bigger cities are built around areas with water, ocean or otherwise. They are fantastic resources and in some cases provide a form of defense.

There's probably plenty of space in places like Antarctica or the Sahara Desert, but the conditions are extremely harsh to live in and it's hard to get certain resources. You can at least get fish down in Antarctica but it's colder than a lot of places on Earth and would be hard to get other resources to on a daily basis. It's hard enough just to get teams of scientists down there.

I have so many siblings that my older brothers and I literally raised them ourselves - taught them to walk, talk and read. Our parents work all day, everyday.

So if I had a child, I'd like to think I'd know exactly what to do, what to say and how to say it to get the results that I want.

Overall, I have a very bottomline response to the concept of having children.

If I do decide to have them, it will be when I am financially secure ( ME. Not my family or even my spouse. Me. ) and of what I feel is a proper age.

To me, for me, having children is the perfect opportunity to shape the next generation and perhaps the future depending on how I raise them. There is so much potential in blank slates like children.

In all honesty, my children would be very proper, undergo all manner training and know the importance of a good waltz or two. These things skipped a generation in my family ( my parents ) but I do not plan on letting it die.

It is true that society can wrongly shape what we want our children to learn, but you'll find that even with access to the internet, if a child is schooled and taught in the home specifically, most often it will negate the harshest lessons and inappropriate sides of society.

This is true for all eight of my siblings.

My older brothers, 20 and 22, have never had a date and when prompted, their response is "Are you insane? That'll just distract me from graduating and starting my business." For me, I also have never had a date, but what keeps me from it is just that I need to find an intellectual equal who is equally determined for greatness, and in a university though that may be possible, but you can never be sure. They could only be there for a high paying job or for their parents, or maybe they won't even graduate at all.

So yes. Babies are a complicated subject for me - I love seeing other people's children but I never fawn; rather, I speak to them as though they are adults; without the baby talk and all of that.

I've actually a few very intellectual conversations with 4 and 6 year olds - this is what our society is coming to after all. Which may be either a good or bad thing - sometimes you cannot escape what they adsorb, but you CAN control how they use it. That's what, to me, makes raising children so promising.

As for the population debate, I'm just going to link to an image that's actually out of my Anthropology class' powerpoints from the textbook. This was a very helpful class last semester, and really, this diagram pretty much explains this population debate. This is why some populations are very high.

Link.

I've always felt like the province I live in could handle more people. I mean the province is 251,700 sq mi, nearly the size of texas, but the population is only just over a million. A lot of the small towns are becoming deserted.

Edited by Syaoransbear

Babies annoy me as well. Or Kids in general. Its not so bad when they're quiet and well behaved, but in typically quiet places, like a nice restaurant where you go to have dinner in peace, babies crying makes me want to wrench my ears out. Whats worse is the fact that the parents don't do ANYTHING about it. Now that i think about it, maybe its not the kids. Its the parents. Its the way they raise them. Ive seen babies crawling all over dirty mall floors, with parents doing their shopping. Those babies then proceed to get in everyones way, crawling all over the place, then putting their hands in their mouths. Its gross.

Then there are those parents who don't do ANYTHING when their kids get in trouble. O.o There was this one boy in a restaurant, on my grandpas birthday, who went up to my dad, stepped on his foot, slapped ME, then ran off putting his hand on those empty table dinnerwares (like the plates and all.) The parents didnt do ANYTHING. Even to this day, i still make it a habit of wiping my plate with a napkin or something before i eat...@.@

But i do like those kids who are quiet. Theyre the ones im totally fine with. Its those kids that think they can do whatever they want who makes a bad rep for kids in my opinion. >:(

That's a bit dramatic. :/ imo. Ignore me, I'm 32. I should really know better than to criticise younger people on the internet. This is also why I generally avoid getting involved on the message board- I feel damn old here and I never remember how old other people are.

One thing we can all agree on, I think is that SICK babies are not fun. I have one right now.... ohhhh man.

You're still young and vital yet. If you feel old, then I'm a dinosaur at 40. LOL

I've thought about having children, but I'm too young now to really decide if I want one or not. I've always thought about adopting or something.

After my younger brother was born, which he is 10 years younger than me and my full-blood brother, he is crazy! Nobody can deal with that kid. He is always in trouble won't shut his mouth and he doesn't care if he gets spanked his stuff taken away or if he makes his mother cry. With that I've been debating whether to have children or not period. If I do at least I will be prepared for the worst of it.

My husband and I have no plans to have children. We are both very career-oriented, and we want to devote our time to that and each other rather than to children. I do not even find babies to be all that cute, so that is probably a good sign that I should not be a mum. xd.png

I've thought about having children, but I'm too young now to really decide if I want one or not.

That is perhaps the smartest post in this thread *applause*

I have two daughters. All through their childhood and even through Uni, one was always up for babysitting, loved children, joined up as a volunteer with CISV, to work in their camps, and planned four children of her own.

The other always said she hated babies and they should all be murdered at birth, and that children were only, and just barely, acceptable from the age of 3.

Guess who has two children and who "took steps" to ensure she will never have them. We change. Nothing is writ in stone.

I've thought about having children, but I'm too young now to really decide if I want one or not.

Agree. I'm only twenty! laugh.gif

But mostly I like babies and children. I find them really cute and mostly my motherly instinct awakens and I'm in an "Awwww it's a cute baby!!!" mood, but toddlers can sometimes annoy the heck out of me. When they just refuse to calm down, scream and shout and cry hysterically it can be super obnoxious. My reaction mostly depends on my mood, though.

But what I hate even more than that is parents who use yelling and hitting the toddler as a solution to try and calm them down. I hate it. Or when they don't care so much that they just say: "Oh, let him/her cry. He/she will calm down eventually."

That makes me wonder - why on Earth did you even have a baby in the first place?

babies and very young children weird me out. I am unsure why, but I do have a near phobia-like reaction. I do not look at babies for that reason. I cannot explain it other than I am entirely not comfortable around them.

I adore babies. As in, get all gooey every time I see one. For the longest time, I could not see a baby at the store or at church or anywhere without telling whoever I was with, "I want one!". Now I have one (yaaaaaay) and she is the joy of my life - which makes me want to have more. smile.gif

Here is a topic on babies. Human babies.

I hate them so. I mean, I know it's sad. But I can't stand babies and have no plans to have one in the future. Married yes. No babies, though.

First thing I thought when I saw the title 'babies' was ug, yuck. Then I saw the rest and had to laugh. I really don't like babies, or children. I hate how everyone tries to push them on me. I didn't like them when I was younger and that hasn't changed as I've gotten older.

Ok, I'll add a bit more to this. I hadn't read any replies when I wrote this.

I have never liked kids or wanted any. Animals yes. I have raised many young animals of many different species. I hate when babies or kids start up in public. Though that doesn't mean I don't think they should be there. I just don't like it. The problem I have with the noise is that it triggers my migraines. And it's irritating. If you're going to bring your offspring out please try to control it. I don't let my dogs act up and I expect the same from human parents. As I said, I've never wanted kids. Even if I did I would never have any. There are a couple of reasons. There are way too many people already and I don't want to contribute to the problem. Both my boyfriend and I have many health problems. I couldn't pass those issues on to something I claim to love. Plus it would be a drain on the system. Also because of my health I could never take care of a kid. There are days I'm in bed all day. I get up to take the dogs out and feed everyone. But that doesn't take long. And they all seem to know when I'm not feeling well and behave. After a few hours with my friends 4 year old I had a pounding headache and my back was spasming so bad.

I don't have any problem with anyone breastfeeding in public. I see nothing wrong with it. It'd be good if more people breastfed instead of using formula.

ALSO, I don't understand when people say 'you were a baby once'. It has nothing at all to do with my feelings towards babies. Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

Edited by annageckos

I don't have any problem with anyone breastfeeding in public. I see nothing wrong with it. It'd be good if more people breastfed instead of using formula.

Its natural and better for kids in the long run. Packed full of necessary anti-bodies to help kickstart the immune system.

Agree. I'm only twenty! laugh.gif

But mostly I like babies and children. I find them really cute and mostly my motherly instinct awakens and I'm in an "Awwww it's a cute baby!!!" mood, but toddlers can sometimes annoy the heck out of me. When they just refuse to calm down, scream and shout and cry hysterically it can be super obnoxious. My reaction mostly depends on my mood, though.

But what I hate even more than that is parents who use yelling and hitting the toddler as a solution to try and calm them down. I hate it. Or when they don't care so much that they just say: "Oh, let him/her cry. He/she will calm down eventually."

That makes me wonder - why on Earth did you even have a baby in the first place?

I'm on the fence with babies. I pretty much raised my autistic little brother with awful backup from my parents so I am like half ruined on wanting children. Part of me is like "I'm done." But then I havent birthed my own so part of me is like "I can do better with my babies." I mean over all once I am economically and over all just ready, I want to have twins, a boy and girl twins. That is like my life dream.

Some babies to me are like dogs, their cute when their not constantly in my face or in my vicinity. Like some babies are cute and quiet but others are noisy little hethens and I want them as far away as possible. Some toddlers too are just annoying little buggers and I wanna give them a smack on the hand just "No. Stop." Seriously. So yeah some babies are like "Aw lemme hold them and hug them and nuzzle them and just AWWWW" and others just "Shut em up, take em home, never bring them out in public ever again." I don't know, I'm just easily annoyed like that.

In terms of parents letting toddlers cry it out, sometimes its a tantrum and constantly giving them attention doesn't help the situation. Trust me, I have had to go through my little brother crying and stomping and over all just making a fuss and the more you ignore them, the more they realize their fuss wont do them any good so they slowly shut up and either try a different way or entertain themselves elsewhere. I do agree that spanking in some situations is uncalled for but being raised in a home where if you effed up big time you received a punishment to match made me a responsible young woman. So Yeah. Different parents have different techniques on how they raise their children.

Babies. I despise most of them. I don't see what is so cute about hairless, bald, drooling infants. Baby animals are cute, but not baby humans. I have a temper, and I do not have the patience or the tolerance to look after babies. If someone asked me to babysit I would say flat out no. I would much rather raise a puppy than a baby. Puppies are cute, easy to train, and not as loud as babies. They also don't cost as much and become independent pretty quickly, unlike humans who take like 10 years to become independent. Also, the idea of pregnancy and giving birth terrifies me. I would hate to be carrying around a parasitic life form for 9 months, only to finally get it out after hours of excruciating pain.

So, in short, I hate babies

Oh, and I hate it when people say "You were a baby once" as an excuse. Just because I was a baby doesn't mean I have to like them. I was probably just as ugly and annoying as other babies.

Edited by C88

I don't like babies, will never raise them, and generally want them nowhere near me.

Snakes are much better.

Snakes are much better.

Ick no. My in-law tried forcing me to hold my nephew when he was born. I still haven't to this day. Hate me for it. Do I love him? Yes I do, but I would NEVER want to watch him for more than ten minutes. I don't baby-sit. And I would NEVER change a diaper, EVER.

Its natural and better for kids in the long run. Packed full of necessary anti-bodies to help kickstart the immune system.

Not only that! Breastfeeding for at least six months and up to a year helps the normal development of the mouth and jaws and muscles that move them. It can prevent disproportion of the child's jaws and many orthodontic anomalies. smile.gif

When I was younger I didn't do so good around babies and younger children. They always cried when I tried to hold them and they never seemed to like me. Now that I'm older babies and children love me. To me I think being a mother would be off course an ultimate challenge but being able to bring a child into this world is something amazing. Sure it hurts and the babies scream, mess things up make your life hell but its all for a bit... They do grow up... eventually.

And please don't take me on about this but this is just my own personal feeling and how I was brought up but the word hate is kinda really aggressive when talking about babies.

I was always taught you can hate a peanut or a bug but never say hate to a human. Its like wishing them to die.

I love the flavor.

Just kidding. (Or am I? DUN DUN DUUUN)

Babies are cute. Some of them are tiny and have squishy faces, but I love them. I'm good with young kids and animals.

Just because I hate something doesn't mean I wish it dead. I just don't want it near me. I do hate babies, kids, most people. But don't get me wrong, I'm not mean. I am polite to everyone as long as they are polite to me. I would rather be far away from most people, give me animals. Babies, I don't find cute, not one bit. Nothing about them is appealing. I'm 32 now (blink.gif) and my feelings haven't changed on that.