Hey, I don't know if someone has pointed this out. but, the reason babies are "selfish" is because they don't know any better. They need to learn this stuff. They are curious and take a thing to try to figure out what it is. It might look like a fun toy or they are trying to find out if it's edible, lol laugh.gif

Btw, babies are cute and I admit it, a little boring, but I like them. The thing is here that they don't know any better than to not take something. You need to teach them. They can't be selfish if they don't know what it is.

As an older brother of a one-year-old who has dealt with baby behavior on a day-to-day basis and knows what they are capable and incapable of doing at such a young age, thank you for this comment.

Guys, there's no need to argue. Everyone has their own opinion. Some people like babies, others don't. Just deal with it.

There is a significant difference from saying that you dislike babies to saying that you want babies dead. One is tolerable to an extent, the other is not.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

No offense, but you are saying that you would rather not exist then ever be a baby, imagine the feelings of other people not yourself. That's a pretty selfish thought.  sad.gif

I understand why you don't like babies. They're stinky, messy, and boring. But they can't help it. They need to learn not to be stinky, messy and boring. Well, some people stay boring for their entire lives but that's not the point! Btw, if someone did kill you for being a baby, your parent would be sad, your family would be sad, I would be sad cause, you know, someone killed something that couldn't even fight back.

If a baby could read and understand this topic, It would be crying right now considering that you want to  kill it.

Actually, Sparkle didn't say that, 'twas me. i believe her comment was more directed towards your discussion with St. Jimmy

*Indicates her member title before continuing* As much as I'd rather not argue about this, and would really have preferred nobody said anything (though I actually quiet liked this post, 'twas very well written and not just insults flung a muck, thanks for that) And even more so, am not going to explain my reasons because I don't really want to start a discussion about that either. I really don't give a crap if it's selfish or if people would be upset. And yeah, a baby would be upset, but so would a fetus (if either could understand) We kill those all the time (oddly enough, I'm actually pro-forced birthlife, but if I explained, my reasons for that I'd just get calls of "sick" and such. Not to mention there's a separate topic for that) I really give no mind to that. I might have if I was that little, but at that time I hadn't existed in this wonderful nightmare. If I could go back and kill myself as a baby, paradoxes aside, I would (I'm actually surprised nobody else agrees with me, but I guess she just hadn't realized how little sanity we actually have *Shrugs*)

Toss insults if you will, call me sick if you like, I won't care and I am (possibly literally), I really don't give a crap anymore

EDIT: Though I won't be replying to insults. We don't have the patience or sanity for that

EDIT2: This is really long. Basically, our head can't handle having this argument, which we cannot win anyways because I have no logical basis for anything. But people may still feel free to fling petty insults and call her sick as I deserve it

Hrrm, the more I look at this, the more I hate it. While everything I said is likely true, we don't know, she just doesn't feel that saying it was the best thing to do in situation. Then again, it made no sense to her at the time and I posted it anyway. But our sanity can be more than a bit questionable and I didn't feel like censoring myself for the sake of others. I'm going to leave this here, I've admitted it and she can't take it back, but we'd prefer to just not talk about it anymore. Even to nice, well grounded people who are not yelly insulty jerks. And anyone who wishes to be a jerk is perfectly allowed to and we deserve it, I was just kind of worried abut it messing with our head and causing her to end up doing this weird pronoun thing where I mess up with my pronouns and call herself we and she and I within the sane sentence, I generally don't notice until we've already done it. Oops, she's going on a tangent, sorry. Long story short, my head can't handle this argument

Edited by MasterWeavile898

I like babies as long as they're not mine and aren't screaming. I think some are cute and I think babies laughing are adorable, but I'd never want one of my own. I have no where near enough patience for it.

You are saying that being a baby is like being sick. Baby are not sick, you can dislike them all you want, but babies are babies, and you can never dismiss the fact that you were one once.

I think St Jimmy was kidding there.

I think St Jimmy was kidding there.

I just don't take people serious who talk like that, especially on the internets. smile.gif

In real life, well, threaten my baby and ... no comment.

The thing about saying that you wish you could burn all babies is, at that point, you've made your dislike of babies personal to people who do have children. Or enjoy children. And parents (at least) are notoriously protective. wink.gif

I am confused blink.gif who said babies should burn? I can't seem to find a post stating that seriously...

Also she said that being asked as godparent is a huge honor and that she has never been asked to be one, making it into a huge deal.

It is. Huge honor, Huge responsibility, AND: nothing to do with religion. Its more a cultural thing, even people without a confession like to have someone close to their kids being a little responsible too.

If they ever ask you again, just tell them the partial truth: You don't think you could handle it (and blame the responsibility) and thus don't want to risk it.

I am confused blink.gif who said babies should burn? I can't seem to find a post stating that seriously...

That was us. We want a lot of things to burn though. And it was not serious, our preferred method would be strangling, though the efficiency of that would be relatively low. We're really done arguing about whether or not that's okay, but we're happy to give you more reason to hate us

That's a bit dramatic. :/ imo. Ignore me, I'm 32. I should really know better than to criticise younger people on the internet. This is also why I generally avoid getting involved on the message board- I feel damn old here and I never remember how old other people are.

One thing we can all agree on, I think is that SICK babies are not fun. I have one right now.... ohhhh man.

Edited by Khymarea

One thing we can all agree on, I think is that SICK babies are not fun. I have one right now.... ohhhh man.

*hugs* stock up on coffee, tee and sweats, it will pass. btw: almost 35 here. so, young one, feel content there are others who are older. (and i can always look at FUZZ and feel like an infant! biggrin.gif)

People find babies gross. That's perfectly fine. However jokes about killing children is crossing the line.

The thought of people actually wanting to kill helpless, defenseless babies that do not know how to act like you'd "wish" them to is a very sickening and distasteful one.

Not really, that feeling is actually rather common. No one says anything because of backlash. Some people are meant to be parents and lovable to them, some aren't. Unless you're a vegetarian, that statement means almost nothing.

Not really, that feeling is actually rather common. No one says anything because of backlash. Some people are meant to be parents and lovable to them, some are. Unless you're a vegetarian, that statement means almost nothing.

Well, I hope all those people are able to get help with their terrible thoughts.

Also, just because I eat meat does not mean I cannot be offended by people wanting to kill human babies. That statement is wholly ridiculous.

Well, I hope all those people are able to get help with their terrible thoughts.

Also, just because I eat meat does not mean I cannot be offended by people wanting to kill human babies. That statement is wholly ridiculous.

And I could care less for them, unlike baby kittens that people stomp to death every day. I'm not saying it's okay to do so, just wouldn't feel offended by it. For me. Clearly not everyone is disturbed by it, cause everyone has their own opinions.

Edited by GhostChilli

And I could care less for them, unlike baby kittens that people stomp to death every day. I'm not saying it's okay to do so, just wouldn't feel offended by it. For me. Clearly not everyone is disturbed by it, cause everyone has their own opinions.

Indeed, people do have different opinions and reactions. That is fine. Just don't go around telling me how much my personal opinion means, that's all.

Indeed, people do have different opinions and reactions. That is fine. Just don't go around telling me how much my personal opinion means, that's all.

Misread "distasteful as "disgraceful" my apologies.

People find babies gross. That's perfectly fine. However jokes about killing children is crossing the line.

Find a new topic of conversation now, please. Joking or "joking" about dead babies includes discussion on killing them or wishing them dead. Sorry for being unclear.

your parent would be sad, your family would be sad, I would be sad cause

You obviously haven't met HappyFace on here...

Moving along, my sister is starting to learn the hardships with her child(ren). It's becoming obvious that she had one because she's obsessed with the idea of playing "mommy" without realizing how hard they are to raise. This goes for teenagers now that I think of it.. and why child abuse is more more common.. bless my father for being able to keep his cool with all three of us by himself.

You are saying that being a baby is like being sick. Baby are not sick, you can dislike them all you want, but babies are babies, and you can never dismiss the fact that you were one once.

'Twas a joke.

Yes, babies are babies. Still don't want to be around them until they're older.

That was us. We want a lot of things to burn though. And it was not serious, our preferred method would be strangling, though the efficiency of that would be relatively low. We're really done arguing about whether or not that's okay, but we're happy to give you more reason to hate us

Us? You said it. There was no us in the equation.

While the forum's budding Ed Gein population is a fascinating topic (or people just wanting attention), I myself don't really have an opinion on human babies. They grow slowly, they have developmental stages, they mature into adults. Okay, cool.

What I do find promising is that so many people appear to not want children. If we're being completely honest here, it's probably not from the societal areas that have the biggest impact on the overpopulation crisis, but hey-- it's a start.

Us? You said it. There was no us in the equation.

I think she means "us" as in she has more than one personality :P