I mean, babies need to be feed every three hours, at least at the beginning. The mother is bound to be in public sometimes. Besides, I've seen breastfeeding often enough, and baby's head alone hides all of the important parts.

I mean, babies need to be feed every three hours, at least at the beginning. The mother is bound to be in public sometimes. Besides, I've seen breastfeeding often enough, and baby's head alone hides all of the important parts.

It's not just the baby's schedule either. The mother may have problems if she's not feeding or pumping on schedule. And if someone gets freaked out by breastfeeding, I'd love to see what they think if the mother starts pumping in public!

I'm child free by choice. I've known since I was 7 years old I didn't want kids.

To be honest, I don't believe in having kids. Having your own is so selfish when there are so many orphans in this world.

I'm child free by choice. I've known since I was 7 years old I didn't want kids.

To be honest, I don't believe in having kids. Having your own is so selfish when there are so many orphans in this world.

Even if you aren't permitted to adopt due to race or orientation or can't afford the tens of thousands it costs as liquid assets?

Some children have severe food allergies that make any type of human made formula unsafe. Many women have extreme difficulty producing enough milk in response to a breast pump. But can easily naturally breastfeed twins. I have never seen a women flaunt herself breastfeeding. I breastfeed both of my own children. I never showed so much as cleavage. The only way to see a nipple is to be intentionally staring on purpose at just the right angle.

Demanding that women bottle fed, hide somewhere or outright stay at home is rude. In many places making such comments is illegal.

I love my children. I like most other peoples children. That is not to say any children including my own can't be annoying or outright obnoxious. My in-laws hate me because they say I am too strict with my children. However complete strangers will tell me how perfectly well behaved and adorable they are. I will continue to raise good respectful well behaved children in the hope they become the same kind of adult.

Hm... I have mixed opinions on the subject of babies.

I don't plan to ever have a baby, but I do want to adopt a child no younger than two. I personally would never want to bring another child into this world because of all the orphans, but that is my own personal opinion.

Babies are cute and fun to play with, but I wouldn't ever want to care for one. I like watching and cuddling babies but I don't like the idea of changing diapers and getting up in the middle of the night to comfort or feed.

I prefer toddlers and older children, personally.

Even if you aren't permitted to adopt due to race or orientation or can't afford the tens of thousands it costs as liquid assets?

I've never heard of anyone not being allowed to adopt due to race o_O

But in short, yes. We have so many people as it is, why keep making hungry mouths to feed/taking resources from others? But that is my opinion. I understand some people must submit to their own desires or biology. I see having kids as extremely selfish, and I respect that others completely disagree.

In short, eugh, children. For clarification see below.

I do not hate babies, although I have a dislike for them. The noise some of them make can be ear piercing, and going to women's and children's clinics isn't fun on a normal day but becomes torture with a screaming baby present. Breastfeeding doesn't bother me at all, if I see a mother breastfeeding I feel it's common courtesy on my part to look away. Babies all look the same to me, with differences of eye colour and hair colour. I do not see them as cute or anything like that, although my opinions are a bit skewed as I find hatchling snakes and newly born lizards adorable.

In all honesty, it's the toddlers I dislike more. Especially the ones that can walk. Navigating around small children in a shopping centre can be a chore when carrying heavy bags, something I have to do more often than I'd like. I wish no harm upon children, so when one comes racing towards me and I have no option of sidestepping them, I freeze. I realise some kids are just difficult to control, but is it really so hard to stay near your child? I've seen kids alone without a parent in sight too many times to count and for some reason I feel responsible for hanging around, just to make sure the kid's parent finds them. I don't even like kids.

I don't think I'll ever have children, both because eugh, babies and because I probably couldn't carry one to term without some medical issues making themselves known. If by some miracle I find someone special, and I have the financial means to support a child while no longer having the dislike for them, then maybe, I might consider it or attempt to adopt.

Edited by VampiricOmen

My sister is like many people in this thread, she doesn't like babies or little kids and never sees herself ever having one of her own. I on the other hand adore babies, and I see myself having one or two of my own in the future once ready. When my cousin had her baby I got to see him when he was only 2 weeks old and he pretty much did nothing but sleep. I loved holding him and just hanging out on the couch with him until he needed to be fed or changed.

However, when they get a little older and become toddlers and little children that's where it gets iffy for me. Those are the ones that start having tantrums because of silly things and their parents give in. Or start to run around the stores grabbing at things and knocking stuff over. When my sister and I were young, if we didn't behave our mom wouldn't bring us anywhere until we did. It was simple as that and we learned to behave quickly.

I guess my dislike for children is more the parent's fault because they aren't raising them properly. Little kids that behave and are nice I like, but can only tolerate for so long because they have so much energy!

In short, eugh, children. For clarification see below.

I do not hate babies, although I have a dislike for them. The noise some of them make can be ear piercing, and going to women's and children's clinics isn't fun on a normal day but becomes torture with a screaming baby present. Breastfeeding doesn't bother me at all, if I see a mother breastfeeding I feel it's common courtesy on my part to look away. Babies all look the same to me, with differences of eye colour and hair colour. I do not see them as cute or anything like that, although my opinions are a bit skewed as I find hatchling snakes and newly born lizards adorable.

In all honesty, it's the toddlers I dislike more. Especially the ones that can walk. Navigating around small children in a shopping centre can be a chore when carrying heavy bags, something I have to do more often than I'd like. I wish no harm upon children, so when one comes racing towards me and I have no option of sidestepping them, I freeze. I realise some kids are just difficult to control, but is it really so hard to stay near your child? I've seen kids alone without a parent in sight too many times to count and for some reason I feel responsible for hanging around, just to make sure the kid's parent finds them. I don't even like kids.

I don't think I'll ever have children, both because eugh, babies and because I probably couldn't carry one to term without some medical issues making themselves known. If by some miracle I find someone special, and I have the financial means to support a child while no longer having the dislike for them, then maybe, I might consider it or attempt to adopt.

... If they're at a clinic, they're probably sick. That probably explains the screeching and you certainly can't expect a mother or father not to bring their child to a clinic when they're ill.

I've never heard of anyone not being allowed to adopt due to race o_O

But in short, yes. We have so many people as it is, why keep making hungry mouths to feed/taking resources from others? But that is my opinion. I understand some people must submit to their own desires or biology. I see having kids as extremely selfish, and I respect that others completely disagree.

I wasn't. The state is generally opposed to allowing people to adopt outside their race due to culture shock and inability to understand racial issues in the same way.

I know for my wife and I, we both felt we had to have children, me to make sure my culture doesn't die out and my duty to marime law, and her because she would always feel as less of a woman and because she felt it would be turning her back on an important part of her covenant with G-d.

Babies, I love them.

I have a baby brother, and though while sometimes he can be difficult and a pain to deal with, I love him greatly. I appreciate being with him and helping take care of him. It really transforms a person, especially someone young. biggrin.gif

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Aw I've kinda always wanted kids. I was an obsessive mother to my stuffed animals when I was little tongue.gif But I melt when it comes to babies and little kids. It's not so much pregnancy that scares me, but the actual giving birth part...kinda terrifies me, actually. But I really love kids. I might adopt. So many girls who want kids say that at a certain age, because the idea of childbirth is rarely (never?) appealing...but I would be glad to adopt.

Babies. I love babies.

If I want something loud and drooly that I have to keep up with at all times, I'll get a dog thank you. Dogs can actually be trained to listen/do tricks and are actually cute.

I'm the oldest of four kids, and... there really is no better form of birth control in my opinion. Babies/toddlers are too loud, too obnoxious, way too gross (seriously, until about 2-3 years, all babies look like little weird alien beanbags), and frankly I just do not have the time or patience to ever deal with it (... my thoughts may be harsher than usual today because I've been playing babysitter all damn day and have not had a moment of silence since about four in the morning.), and as selfish as it sounds, I'd like to just have the chance to live my life for myself/people I actually had a choice in making part of my life or not <<

Edited by Dr. Paine

... If they're at a clinic, they're probably sick. That probably explains the screeching and you certainly can't expect a mother or father not to bring their child to a clinic when they're ill.

I would never expect a parent to withhold medical treatment because I dislike the noise children make, everyone has a right to medical treatment. I have a fear of hospitals so going to that clinic stressed me out to begin with, and I became further stressed when there was a lot of noise. I was an outpatient for several months and my appointments were always scheduled after school, where there was many children, some not ill, creating noise. Of course, that is no excuse for my brusque comment and I apologise for my offensive statement. It was not my intention to suggest that all children should be quiet, even when ill.

Edited by VampiricOmen

It seems to me that being the caretaker to younger siblings often ruins whatever parental desire someone may have eventually developed, at least from what I've observed. It seems that almost everyone I've known who has been the oldest, with significantly younger siblings, has decided they don't want kids.

My ex-neighbors were a family of seven, with a 12 year old girl and her 11 yr old brother caring for a 3 yr old, 2 yr old, and an infant. They were practically the parents to those three kids, since their actual parents avoided their responsibilities to the point of locking the children out of the house and letting them wander around with strollers and crying toddlers - they nearly lived an entire summer in my house, because their parents didn't let them in to use the bathroom or get a snack...anyway, the oldest girl is now about 14 and she tries to get away from that family whenever she can, to have one moment away from her siblings she practically raised, and I know she won't want kids of her own.

I think it just destroys whatever ideal image of parenthood someone has in their head as they grow up. They see what it's really like when they're young and more open to childhood influence, before they've reached the maturity of an adult truly ready to be a parent, and it's really sad - maybe my vision of being a mother is hopelessly flawed because my youngest sibling was only 4 years younger than me, but I still know that I want kids one day. I'm putting my prospective career first instead of settling as a stay-at-home mom right out of college, but I would like to be a mother, I think.

I love babies, I adore them. I don't want any of my own, but babies are so cute, they smell divine, and they are so, so, so soft. I love shopping for babies, and babysitting, and eeeeeee!!!!!! Babies! I like playing for the day(I'll tolerate the diapers) and giving him/her back at the end.

What I don't like are parents that take a three month old into a movie theater, or that bring disrespectful children to a restaurant that isn't targeted at families- is in fact targeted toward people who don't have them(or people who spring for a babysitter). I'm sorry I don't appreciate more the inquisitiveness of your six year old, but I'd rather he didn't keep turning around to ask me inane questions while I'm out on a date- it stopped being cute after question number five. I don't go to Chucky Cheese or Dave and Busters and rain on your parade. :/

So, I love babies...I dislike most of the people that have them.

I'm very divided on the issue. I don't like babies very much, I don't like how they drool and I don't like how they smell, but the oddest thing that I can't stand is baby clothes or baby phalanges. Ugh those things are so ugly! I don't know what annoys me about them, it's not like I don't understand how most people are driven to the point of insanity by how cute they think they are, but I can't see the appeal. Obviously everything about babies is going to be smaller, but wow do they look weird. It's so... out of proportion. Ew.

But I don't think of them as 'babies' so much as 'small humans'. I liked watching my second cousin get older and older, and introducing Pokemon to kids is the best thing ever. Every baby will eventually become a toddler, and that's when the fun begins. Hours talking about weird concepts like 'Would I rather ride a pterodactyl or a giant pigeon?', looking like a master of everything because I can beat the hardest level of their video game, being the iron chef because I can make ramen, awesome. I've always said even as a child that I'd probably adopt, but as I grow older I'm thinking if I get a nice family going, with a spouse and a dog and curtains, the whole nine yards, maybe it'd be nice to carry on my bloodline and ideas of life with just one. Just gotta get through the first four years of a pooping meat bag. But who knows, life is unpredictable. It's senseless to bring children into the world if you can't give them a good life where no parent is ever home or there isn't even a stable home.

But I don't think of them as 'babies' so much as 'small humans'. I liked watching my second cousin get older and older, and introducing Pokemon to kids is the best thing ever. Every baby will eventually become a toddler, and that's when the fun begins. Hours talking about weird concepts like 'Would I rather ride a pterodactyl or a giant pigeon?', looking like a master of everything because I can beat the hardest level of their video game, being the iron chef because I can make ramen, awesome. I've always said even as a child that I'd probably adopt, but as I grow older I'm thinking if I get a nice family going, with a spouse and a dog and curtains, the whole nine yards, maybe it'd be nice to carry on my bloodline and ideas of life with just one. Just gotta get through the first four years of a pooping meat bag. But who knows, life is unpredictable. It's senseless to bring children into the world if you can't give them a good life where no parent is ever home or there isn't even a stable home.

Amen.

I am kind of surprised that nobody got attacked for their "I hate babies" opinion thumbs_up.png

(Caution, I might rant!)

Until some years ago, I disliked the idea of getting children very very much and didn't like babies overall and was really against it/them. Whenever someone saw a baby they were like "Aw cutie pie!" and I was like huh.gif

I hated the reactions of others when I mentioned that I don't like children or my personal decision to not get children, the looks on their faces.

The top comment I ever received was when I already started living in Japan (which is ranked 105th among 136 countries in gender equality ranking by the way, it's not unusual here for women to stop working once they give birth). A Japanese senior told me "but you should get children and take care of them before it's too late, you are a woman! You won't get younger!" I wanted to slap him. Hard.

You would think you can decide for yourself what you want because it's your body, wouldn't you?

Seriously, I hate this behaviour of other people and the questions. When I was 16-18, it seemed people expected me to get a boyfriend. Now I am older and in a serious relationship and people ask me: "What about children?" All I can think is "It's none of your business?"

Now, I still dislike or don't care about babies of other people but I started to want to have my own - yet I wish there was a forward button so I can have children without experiencing pregnancy and the screaming in the night laugh.gif I was thinking about adoption as well.

I really want to raise my children well so they aren't rude or annoying like other people's children I met. I think it was good for me to "wait" because I don't think I would have been responsible enough to raise a child when I was younger.

I am kind of surprised that nobody got attacked for their "I hate babies" opinion thumbs_up.png

I thought it would be the other way around in my case, sadly. I'm used to getting comments saying, 'Well, you're not an adult/female so you won't understand how frustrating pregnancy/raising a child is'.

Hate them. Could NEVER take care of them. They're gross to me and I will NEVER change a diaper or wipe noses. If I was forced, I'd be in jail for neglect. Animals though, I'd be happy to take care of.

I hate babies and kids (adults as well)

I'm the middle kid of my family and had the joy of dealing with my little brother he's 10 years younger

once he was grown my older sisters started having kids and though I was going to babysit, that was a funny joke

I'm fine with breastfeeding

I have a great memory of when I was around 5

I was playing at the park was some other kids and a woman starting breastfeeding, none of us cared then some lady stated yelling at her for doing it in front of little kids

This is the great part, One of the kids I was playing with

a little boy when up to the lady who was yelling and told her to be quiet, "she is just feeding the baby". I remember the breastfeeding woman and some of the other adults laughed at that

we didn't understand what was wrong

Children scare/frustrate me. I would love to be able to raise them, I feel like I would be a good parent, but I strongly doubt I have the proper patience to handle them in their worst moments and just about everything having to do with the creation and development of babies has me screaming for the hills just thinking about it.

I think if it ever occurs to me to actually try being a parent, I might adopt instead.

What I don't like are parents that take a three month old into a movie theater, or that bring disrespectful children to a restaurant that isn't targeted at families- is in fact targeted toward people who don't have them(or people who spring for a babysitter). I'm sorry I don't appreciate more the inquisitiveness of your six year old, but I'd rather he didn't keep turning around to ask me inane questions while I'm out on a date- it stopped being cute after question number five. I don't go to Chucky Cheese or Dave and Busters and rain on your parade. :/

So, I love babies...I dislike most of the people that have them.

I know what you mean. Kinda. Last weekend I've been watching "Gravity", in 3D. A several seats away there was a pair with a kid, I don't know, maybe 7 years old? I was actually okay with the kid asking questions (rather quietly, what was good) every 5 minutes, they're just that curious at this age, plus a lot of technical language. But man, the movie was a serious drama genre which could be classified partially as horror. Poor kid could've been horrified of all these... *spoilers hurr* ...dead bodies... and the illussion of realism. I hate parents this irresponsible and I actually feel sorry for the kid ._.