Narath

1 x 1

James ignored the slap from Heather, and immediatly grabbed a long length of rope before handing it off to his sister.

"Tie this off." He ordered, his voice pointing out that he was clearly not in the mood for her lip, before diving off the ship with the other end.

This is stupid, this is stupid, this is stupid. James thought as his body rushed down to meet the waves. But, nonetheless, here he was, diving into the water to save a mermaid. A very strange thing indeed.

Pearl gasped, trying to locate her attacker. Her vision was red. She swim around frantically, feeling the right fin of her tail being ripped. She let out a scream, trying to pull her tail free, only managing to rip it in the process. When her tail had been freed, she flipped her tail trying to swim off. She quickly discovered she couldn't swim.

James surfaced from the water with a gasp for breath. Instantly, he looked around trying to find the mermaid, which wasn't hard. His heart sunk as he saw that she was in fact being bitten by the sharks. Without a second thought, he swam over to her with his sword drawn, jabbing at the noses of any shark that came by. Finally, he came to her side, and grabbed a hold of her waist.

"I've got you." He said as he jabbed yet another shark. "I'm here."

James then proceeded to quickly tie the rope around them, and then clung Pearl close to him.

"Pull us up!" He shouted.

Pearl blinked, seeing a land folk figure coming towards her before she blacked out.

Heather shouted for a couple of other men and together they helped pull up James and the mermaid.

(Sorry for short reply, things are crazy here. Tell you about it later.)

Edited by mipuppy1

((Hooray for craziness!))

As soon as James and Pearl were hauled onto the deck, James quickly untied them, and rushed her into the cabin, still in her fish form.

"I need anyone with medical knowledge here now!" He called out, sweeping the table clear once more, and placing her on top of it.

Smith and a few others rushed in with whatever medical supplies they had, and began to frantically work on the mermaid, removing her torn clothes so that they could treat the bites easier. As they began to work, James was pushed outside so that they could have more room to work.

(Not when it's boys trying to get in your room to try to sleep in the room with you and your cousins, then in all the craziness someone knocks down and glass on water on a pillow and because it's stained yellow we think someone peed in the room so we all spend 30 minutes freaking out and pointing fingers before we find a cup near the door. Yeah... I thought we would have to sleep in the guys room while the room was cleaned. Glad that's over.)

Pearl moaned, shifting over. Someone or thing was poking and prodding her. Was she dead?

((I hope you gave those boys some swift kicks. Those stupid boys.))

James leaned up against the door to his cabin, at the ends of his nerves. If only he'd just pulled her from the ledge right away. She might have been cross with him, but at least she would have been fine. But for some reason, her hating him was the last thing he wanted. Why was that.

Meanwhile, the men worked tirelessly to mend the mermaid.

Pearl let out a groan. She hurt all over, the pain was everywhere and so intense she felt like she was on fire. No clear, soft and silky water rested in layers above her, to comfort her either. Instead, like a fish out of water, she felt dry and hot. She eyes snapped open, her surrounding fuzzy for a moment before her eyes adjusted.

As Smith and the others exited his cabin, James took the doctor to the side.

"How is she?" James asked, his face fret with lines of worry.

"She'll live." Smith replied. "The sharks didn't take too much flesh from her. I believe the most damage is probably to her fin. Most of it is still there, but it's really torn up. I was able to sew it back together for the most part though, before she dried off and went human. Just get her to rest, alright? That is what she needs now."

"Thank you Smith." James replied before heading back into the cabin.

As he entered, James saw that Pearl was just beginning to wake up.

"Pearl!" He exclaimed, hurrying to her bedside, and taking her hand. "How are you feeling?"