Narath

1 x 1

(Maybe because she is to busy/we are going to fast?)

(I haven't seen that movie in ages >.<

My cousins own it though...)

The mermaid watched as the male landfolk made many fast and confusing gestures after a loud sound went off then rushed off. "Go...?" She asked, watching him leave. She sat there for a moment before deciding she would get out. Placing a hand on the frame of the bed, she pushed herself up, using the table and then the wall to support herself until she got outside. She could smell the salty sea air and hear the waves slapping against the ship, seagulls cried somewhere above her and the sky was a beautiful clear blue.

"Hey look, its a girl."

"You think the captain brought her?"

"She must be a prostitute."

"Well she is naked."

"Look at the size of her chest!"

"You think the cap will share?" Several male landfolk started talking at once, they were looking at her weirdly. None of them was the dark haired one from before. Suddenly, the mermaid felt very self-conscious.

((OOC: The men on his ship will be friendly enough. Kind of like the crew in the movie Sinbad))

James saw all his men suddenly look his way, but they weren't looking at him. Turning around, he saw that the mermaid had come out of the cabin.

"No! Get back inside!" He ushered, getting a bit flustered.

With great speed, the captain pushed her gently back into his side of the cabin, and then locked the door behind her.

"Look, it's not what it looks like!" He explained as he turned back to the crew. "I'll explain when we aren't being fired on."

As if to prove his point, a cannon boomed in the distance, followed by some of the railings being taken out.

"Heather, how much longer till we are out of range?"

(Ohh! 1001 Nights! Me and you are now besties happy.gif)

(But aren't they pirates?)

Heather shrugged, even though she knew her brother couldn't see or probably wasn't watching. "15 minutes at the least if we go full speed." She shouted down, after a pause and a quick calculation.

The mermaid fell to her knees, suddenly the familer blue sky, the comforting salty sea air and the crashing of waves was cut off. Tears begun to pool in her eyes, as she turned around and banged on the locked door. "Jame! Pearl go!" She wailed.

((OOC: 1001 nights? Is that the show? or the old cartoon movie? I can't remember.

They are, but they are nicer pirates. In the old movie, they were always for the girl and trying to help out.))

"Good." James replied. "We'll need to plot a course afterwards too since we didn't get all the supplies we needed."

He could hear the mermaid's thumping on the door behind him, and felt a pang of guilt. It wasn't like he wanted to keep her prisoner here. It's just that if she walked around nude, then it might cause problems.

"Heather, please go and gets some clothes on our guest." He said before going and taking the ship's wheel.

James would have done it himself, but they probably would have run into problems i his attempt, and the crew would probably start thinking more nasty things. So, the logical reason was to send the other woman to do it.

(You know? The story? Sinbad was one of the fairytales/stories.)

(The pirates I knew were all about burning down towns, and stabbing each other DX (Probably why I avoided them so much xd.png)

"No, after this I get to eat and rest. I've been up all night." Heather snapped grumpily, "You brought her on board, she's your problem, not mine and not anyone else's and I'm definitely not doing your dirtywork." She spat, before climbing down and heading below deck.

The mermaid let out another pleading wail before curling up into a ball.

((OOC: I just watched the movie...))

James sighed, and went back to steering the ship away from the port they just left. After about ten minutes, he handed the wheel over to one of his crew, and then proceeded to explain to everyone as to why they had to flee the town, and what the mermaid was. He also warned them not to harm her in any way, saying that if they befriended her, then they could get her to gather treasure from shipwrecks and such things. Of course they bought into it, and they didn't persist on beating her for pearls and jewels. After that, he planned a course to a nearby port, and headed into the cabin, opening the door slowly as to not spook the girl.

"Hey, it's James." He whispered gently. "I'm sorry I did that."

The mermaid looked at him, blue eyes questioning why he had trapped her in here. She backed away, as the door opened, watching him wearily for mood swings.

"No, no, please don't be scared." James said kindly. "I was just protecting you."

The pirate held out a pleading hand, in the hope that she would take it.

((I can show you the world...))

The mermaid flinched when he held up his hand, assuming he wanted to hit her. She backed away, bumping into the bed. Her eyes were now wide in fear, tears pooling up again.

James lowered his hand with a sigh. It was no use right now. Maybe he'd try again in the morning. But right now he just noticed that he was a bit hungry, so he grabbed some food from a cupboard, and sat down at the large table in the room to begin to eat, Maybe things would make more sense on a full stomach.

The mermaid watched as the pirate brought out food, curiously, her head was tilted like a puppies' would be. She quickly figured he was eatting. So he was going to taunt her with food? Well... She wouldn't give in, she would be strong!

The pirate looked towards the mermaid, and saw her looking at him curiously. Well, probably looking at his food more.

"Are you hungry?" He asked. "Here, have some."

James held out the plate towards her, offering it for her to eat.

The mermaid looked at the floor, the pirate and the plate slowly. She cast the pirate a weary look before getting up on wobbly legs and dashing out, hands reached out towards the plate. Her hand closed in on something before she tripped and banged her head against the corner of the table. She fell crumpled to the floor, there was a sharp pain, and them everything was black.

(Time skip to when Pearl wakes up after James responses?)

(Oh and answer to your last OCC, your were suppose to ask if she had trust issues first tongue.gif)

When the mermaid suddenly fell to the floor after grabbing the plate, James immediately crouched down at her side. The plate of food had broken, and now glass was littered on the floor. He knew he should have stuck with wood plates. Anyways, looking at the mermaid, he could tell that the glass had cut her porcelain skin in a few places, and there was also a nasty gash where she hit the table. James rushed to the door of the cabin, and threw it open.

"Mister Smith, get in here now!" He called out.

Smith was the ship's doctor, and he knew that he would be able to help. The man quickly followed the captain inside, and shut the door behind him, and looked shocked to see the scene of the fallen mermaid.

"She fell against the table when I offered her the plate of food." James explained.

"Just clear the table." Smith responded, placing his small kit down nearby. "I'll need to give her some stitches."

James hurried to obey, and when he was finished, the two men hoisted her up onto the now empty platform. The doctor quickly went to work, cleaning the wounds, stitching her head, and applying gauze where needed. After that, James gently placed her on the bed, while Smith cleaned up the equipment.

"She'll be fine." The man said. "Just get her to rest, and don't let her stress herself out. Or touch those stitches."

"Alright Smith." James said as he tucked in the mermaid. "And thank you."

After the doctor left, James cleaned up his own mess, and then brought up a chair next to the mermaid's side. Where was he supposed to sleep anyways without his bed? The chair would have to do. And so, the captain just sat there, watching over the mermaid, until he finally fell asleep.

(Yep. Timeskip time.))

Her head hurt. Dull pain pulsed on various spots on her body. She let out a soft moan and forced her eyes open, it was dark. A single candle flickered on a small platform with four legs. She looked around, where was she? She rolled over and gently bumped into a small mound. Squinted her eyes, she identified it as the male land folk. She remembered, she had hit her head and blacked out.

He had stayed with her? He didn't even sleep in his own platform? Smiling, she wrapped her arms around his head, gently stroking his hair and resting her own head next to his.

James woke up to the feeling of something pressing against his head. When he opened his eyes, he was shocked to find the mermaid pressing herself against him.

"Good morning." He greeted, turning slightly red.

She shifted, letting out a yawn, then mimicked the noise he made. "Morning good. Cry." She smiled, petting him.

James smiled at the mermaid, and gently took hold of her hand.

"James." He said, pressing her hand against his chest. "James."

"James." She pointed to her own bare chest, "James." Her stomach growled.

(Should have put those clothes on when he could xd.png)

"James." He repeated, placing her hand back on him.

Then he heard her stomach growl.

"Oh, sorry, you must still be hungry." James said. "Wait here, and I'll get you something."

As he said this, he motioned with his hands for her to wait in the bed, and went to a cupboard to get some food for them, wooden plates this time.

She watched the pirate curiously, her head tilted. What was he doing? Suddenly, the door opened, and Heather strutted in as if she owned the place. "Raise and shine brother dear." She looked at Pearl, her nose winkled as if she smelled bad. "Look, I know your... Busy, with your new toy..." Her eyes looked over to the pile of unworn clothes on the ground. "And your a guy, and all so you need a female's... Companionship once in awhile, but you should remember that your captain of the ship and you have work to attend to." She paused. "I've come to get you for breakfast. Your late."

Edited by mipuppy1

"I haven't done anything like that." James said defensively as he backed out of the cupboard with some food. "She hurt herself last night, and I was making sure she was alright. Anyways, I'll be right out there. I just have to feed our guest, and then clothe her, and I'll be out."

"Whatever you say brother dear." Heather rolled her eyes.

"Brother dear!" Pearl clapped her hands excitedly, mimicking the pretty female land folk.

"Hey look, she talks!" Heather turned to Pearl, amusement twinkling in her eyes.

"Talks! Pearl talks! Whatever look, hey!" She smiled happily.

"Does she... Have a disability?" Heather asked, looking over to James.

"Disability, does." Pearl wasn't helping her case.

"Hey, girl, sit." Heather ordered suddenly.

"Sit?" Pearl questioned, tilting her head.

"Sit." Heather demanded, walking over to the mermaid girl. She roughly pushed her down in a sitting position. Pearl begun to wail, tears started pooling in her eyes.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Here." Heather shoved a small dried fish into the surprised mermaid's mouth.

Pearl chewed thoughtfully, then swallowed. "Sit?" She asked.

"Heather!" James said sternly. "She just doesn't know English! Don't treat her like that."

James picked up the clothes from the floor, and tossed them at his sister.

"If you're going to feed her, why don't you clothe her too." He said before digging into his own food.

"No she's your pet." Heather spat, then paused thinking. "Or you could give her to me, and I'll take care of her. When we get to the next port I could sell her for a pretty penny."

"Penny?" Pearl echoed, she looked at Heather, hoping for more food.

"Yes, I can sell you back to a brothel or something and with that money I could buy a new knife." Heather explained with a smile.

"Sell money? Brothel I?" Pearl asked curiously.

"What a delightful child." Heather laughed, patting Pearl's head.

"Delightful!" Pearl repeated, smiling happily.