Narath

1 x 1

((OOC: No, I'm not in a bad mood, I was just saying things. I'm actually in a good mood. Today I went to my old grade 2 teacher's classroom and did some volunteer hours like I do every week, and gave the class some fudge for a Christmas present. Those kids are amazing.))

"That's what I'm trying to do." James explained as he tried to wipe away her tears, which was somewhat difficult because they kept turning to pearls.

They finally reached his ship, and as he passed his quartermaster he ordered him to set sail in ten minutes maximum. If they were being fired on, sooner, even if some people got left behind. Without explaining the nearly nude girl that was now asleep in his arms, James entered his cabin and set her on his bed, puling the blankets over her slender frame before he came back out.

((OOC: Nope. don't change it.))

Edited by Narath

(Aww come to my school Narath D: (The girls will be all over you, seriously you can't just carry food into my school and expect to walk out with all of it.)

(Waiting for Lukos to reply.)

((OOC: They really like food that much?

All right. Don't push yourself though.))

"There's always a position open for people, as long as we have the room on board." James replied. "If you did join us, this ship will become your home, and therefore, you will need to help take care of it. It's hard work, but if we all pull our weight, there's a good profit in it."

James looked at the man doubtfully, as it was obvious that he wasn't used to the water. They weren't even sailing yet.

"What we'll do, is see how you can handle yourself till we get to the next port. You do well enough, and you can stay. Do we have a deal Mr...."

((OOC: By the way, I owe most of my pirate knowledge to the old game Sid Mere's Pirates.))

(Narah: Yup, they'll kiss up to you so much I'll throw up, then when they get what they want they'll say thanks nicely and pretend they didn't know you xd.png

Lukos: Oh sorry!

Username: mipuppy1

Character name: Jacob

Appearance: Jacob

Position on ship: Pirate

Other: Very flirty

(Can I make a girl pirate who is the younger sister to your pirate Narath?)

((OOC: Accepted, and yes, it's fine with me if you make a younger sister.))

"Then we have a deal Cornellius." James said, shaking the man's hand. "Once we set sail, I'll go over a few base rules with you, and Master Gibbs, the quartermaster will fill you in on what jobs need doing."

The captain then walked to the rear of the ship, and gazed over it's stern, ready to keep an eye out for any guards, or more of his men.

Username: mipuppy1

Character name: Heather

Appearance: Heather

Position on ship: Lookout

Other: She's very vain and proud of being the prettiest (and only?) girl on the ship.

((Accepted. She's not going to like the mermaid being on board is she?))

(Yup tongue.gif

Winter Break! Finally!)

Heather jumped down, landing perfectly on her feet. She marched up to her older brother, looking quite angry. "You brought a girl on board?" She asked, eyes rolling in annoyance, "Can't you keep your censorkip.gif on land? Honestly, and no clothes what is the matter with you brother?" She paused, "Your an enemy to woman." She pulled back her right eyelid, stuck her tongue at his face and marched out.

(Sorry for short reply.)

((OOC: Marched out of where? He's on the aft deck.))

"Heather!" James called after her. "Come on! You haven't even heard me say why she's on board! It's nothing like that!"

James sighed. He should have expected his sister to over-react. It was a special trait of hers, and it only got worse when another girl was involved. Or in this case, a mermaid.

(Never land, because I'm half asleep and I know nothing about pirates other then that they stab people and sail seas.)

"Sure you can." Heather muttered sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Men will always be men, even my dear brother." She spat, and kept on walking. She dug through her wardrobe, picking up something she had outgrown and walked back out, throwing the change of clothes at her brother.

"Take this and put it on her, you pig."

(Don't worry, going to splash my face with water now, see you in 45 minutes, more or less.)

Edited by mipuppy1

James followed his sister to her side of the cabin and caught the clothes as she came out.

"She's a mermaid! He blurted out in a rough whisper, so that the others wouldn't hear.

He'd explain it to his small crew later, but for now, they just needed to focus on getting ready to leave.

"She won't know what clothes are for! And she doesn't seem to understand english either, so I can't very well explain it to her can I?"

((The deck is the floor of the ship. Above deck is the upper part where people are usually most busy, and below decks is where storage, sleeping area, mess hall and most of the cannons are. Fore/bow is the front, aft is the back, starboard is right, port is left. The foremast is the mast that sticks out the front (the mast is the wood pole with sails and rigging on it), and then there's the cabin where the captain sleeps and stores navigation stuff and things (basically, his office). The cabin is at the back part of the ship, and the roof is where the wheel of the ship normally is, along with a small part of the deck. The crow's nest in on very top of the mainsail (main mast with biggest sail. I can't remember if our ship has two or three), which is where the lookout is.))

Edited by Narath

"Find an excuse to keep her naked why don't you?" Heather muttered, glaring resentfully at her older brother. "We should probably get going, I don't know if you know yet, but about 15 guards in fancy red suits were chasing you guys last time I checked." She said tone changing cooly as if she were commenting on the weather.

(I'll slip this in... Shh... I was never here.)

"I'm not trying to find an excuse!" James said exasperatedly. "Maybe can you do it? She might respond better to another girl."

When she mentioned the guards, James ran to the aft of the ship, and cursed. They were indeed making their way towards them.

"Cast off!" He called. "We got company!"

As the men rushed around to do his orders, he walked back to his sister.

"Please just help me with this." James said. "When I found her, she was being auctioned off. She has to be terrified."

"Come on, she's probably just like training a dog. Force her down, force the clothes on her, you need to show her who's boss." Heather shrugged, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "Your not captain for nothing you know." She flicked his head, as if to remind him, then she stretched, "Well, I better get back up there."

The mermaid slowly opened her eyes, where was she? She was sprawled out on the weirdest platform, it would shift down where she put her weight. She pressed her hand in front of her, but fell over on her head due to her arm buckling in surprise and then a lack of balance. This was a trap wasn't it? This platform was designed to keep her here- well she wasn't giving up yet! She tried again, placing her hand on the platform, however she was ready this time. Flexing her arm, she slowly made it across the platform. She miscalculated at the end and placed her hand on air, stumbling and falling to the ground. She let out a wail as tears pooled in her eyes.

(Thanks, that was really helpful!)

(And the platform is a bed if that wasn't made clear xd.png)

"And you would do well to remember that I am the captain." James said as he stalked away from his sister, furious at how stubborn she was.

It was a wonder as to how much she disliked other women sometimes. Treat the girl like a dog? Really? That was just rude. James opened the door to his cabin, just to quickly drop off the clothes, when he saw the mermaid fall onto the floor in tears. His cheeks turned red, as she was now once again uncovered. Nevertheless, he kneeled down next to her, and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Meanwhile, the ship began to makes it's way out of the harbour.

((OOC: No problem. You should play sid mere's pirates. Really easy way to learn some of this stuff.))

The mermaid flinched as if his touch was electric. Pearls begun to plop to the ground, rolling around and getting under several things. She watched him wide-eyed like a deer in headlights. She didn't want to be hurt anymore, she would obediently listen to this new landfolk and he might not hurt her if she was good. She jutted out her chin, the other landfolk liked to talk to her holding her chin up close to him, so she could smell his bad breath, and he always talked so dangerously low. She tried to communicate with this landfolk, mimicking sounds the other landfolk liked to make, "Peearll...? Crii... Topani?" She asked, watching him wearily. Her voice was soft, musical.

She used to beckon landfolks to her favorite rocks once, singing them over. She had hoped to make friends, however the landfolk only played in the water for a little bit, then they fell asleep and wouldn't wake up. She had tried to call more to see if they could help the others, however they fell sick to.

(Or go to the library and check out all the Pirates of The Caribbean movies xd.png)

Edited by mipuppy1

"Tropani?" James asked, pointing to her. "You are Tropani?"

Well, she might not understand much English, but maybe they could at least figure out names now.

"James." He said slowly, now pointing to himself. "I am James. James."

Hopefully, she would understand what he was trying to do. If they got past this simple thing, then maybe he could get her to at least put some clothes on.

((I find the game more instructive.

By the way, the quartermaster is someone who works on a ship to help with discipline, and to keep moral up so that the cre doesn't rebel. Very hand in that game. It was a pain to get those ships I lost back.))

"Pearl..." She repeated, watching with curiosity as he pointed to himself and spoke. "I pearl Jams!" She declared proudly, "Jams!" She pointed to her own bare stomach.

((OOC: You're really trying to make this as hard as possible, aren't you?))

"No, no that's not it." James replied, shaking his head with a smile. "Me, James. James. Jame-s."

He pointed to himself once more, emphasising with each movement that he was talking about himself.

"You are...?" He said now, pointing at her, and trying to keep his eyes on her face.

(Whoa, where did all Lukos's posts go?)

(She's intelligent, but not some kind of automatic language learner xd.png)

"Jane." She repeated, "Jame...s" she worked out the word slowly, looking at him carefully. "Cry?" She asked, blinking, "Cri... Pearl!" She clapped happily like the landfolks in the auction and waited for him to make more sounds- this game was fun!

((Must have deleted them.))

"Yes, you cry pearls." James said, slightly agitated now. "What is your name? Name? My name, is James. Your name is?"

James repeated the hand gestures, but he wasn't sure if it would get through. She seemed to think that it was a game. Maybe it would be better if his sister helped out, being another girl.

"Yes, yes name... Name Pearl! Name Jams! James name!" She smiled, clapping her hands again. "Cry jam!" She crawled over to the pirate, looking at him with wide eyes and hesitating for a bit before butting her head softly against his stomach and curling up in his lap. "Jane." She looked up at him, blinking, then stretched out like a cat exposing her bare chest.

(Well this is certainly awkward xd.png)

(Why?)

((OOC: Earlier, she quite. I don't know why. That explains my 'Aaaaaaawe' from earlier.

This almost reminds me of Tarzan (when Jane is trying to introduce herself).))

James was startled by her sudden friendliness when she crawled over to him, an even more so when she stretched. The pirate immediately averted his eyes, looking anywhere but at her, his face now very red. Suddenly, the thundering boom of cannons was heard in the distance, and he could hear his men shouting outside. They must be beyond the city's coastal walls, and were now being fired on. James gently moved the mermaid off of his lap, and onto the ground.

"You stay, I go." He said, slowly, pointing to her, then to the floor, and then to him, then the door, before rushing out.