Narath

1 x 1

Anyone want to do a 1x1 rp? I would like to have some romance, but I am fine with most themes. Space, medieval, zombies, pirates, etc.

Edited by Narath

I don't mind al all. No more people though please!

So, what theme do you girls want?

Looks like it is up to Mipuppy to decide then. *stares*

I would kind of like to do an RP without magic for once though. I think it might be interesting.

I can't play as a girl character for the life of me. Girls are too weird tongue.gif

Edited by Narath

I'm good with pretty much anything fantasy/fiction.

Personally, I was hoping for something like zombies or pirates.

Say your top two picks, and we'll see what everyone is most hoping for maybe.

Pirates it is then.

You really like mermaids don't you?

To make things go easier in the RP, why don't we make it so that out of water they have legs?

I do not like twilight. They ruined vampires and werewolves. Those monsters are supposed to be, well, monsters. Not a bad version of Romeo.

What is Whoniverse/Wholock?

I haven't seen doctor who. Only bits and pieces sad.gif

They are kind of like that aren't they Mi?

I am going to make a mini character sheet. Mostly just for the names, and looks and stuff.

Username:

Character name:

Appearance:

Position on ship:

Other:

Any of you want to be the captain? Personally, growing up with Star Trek Voyager, I like the idea of a female captain.

Okay. I'll be the captain then, as I'm assuming it would be difficult to hava a mermaid captain.

I'll make my character a bit later.

Username: mipuppy (I am offend if you guys don't know that by now xd.png)

(Also, you guys can call my Maria ^.^)

Character name: Pearl

Appearance: Pearl

Position on ship: Cute girl who just sits there and smiles. A.K.A, I have no idea.

Other: This was probably the most laziest form I have done since forever xd.png

Edited by mipuppy1

((All right, let's start.))

James stood at the helm of his Sloop of War, the Risico. The prow of the ship sliced through the gentle waves like a knife as they sailed across the sea. He loved the smell of the fresh air, mixed with the saltwater spray from the waves that steadily rocked the ship. Though it wasn't the biggest or most impressive looking ship out there, it could take down a Brig of War. If the crew worked well together that is. The Risico was one of the fastest and most maneuverable ships in the world, and James took great care of her, making sure she was looked over and repaired every time they docked. It needed to in case they got into trouble, which was what him and the crew was always looking for. They were pirates after all.

"See here? Yes this is a mermaid." The auctioneer laughed, spilling water on the mermaid girl who flopped on the stage weakly, truly a helpless fish out of water. The auctioneer wiped sweat off her brow, the hot sun beating onto his back as many curious bidders gathered around the stage to see the mythical creature. The auctioneer watched, beady eyes squinted and waited until he was happy with the amount of people. Another bucket of water was thrown on the now limp mermaid girl as he spoke up again, his voice loud and clear.

"And that's not even the best part," the man chuckled, kicking the girl in the side. She let out a shriek of pain, bidders muttered to each other, not very happy that the specimen was being damaged.

"Wait for it, wait for it..."

The mermaid gasped, her side was sharp with pain, the fresh water stung in her eyes, the sun attacking and cooking her as if she were a pig on the spit. The curious mermaid had swum to close to shore, she wanted to watch the deformed merfolk who swam on land in the funniest way. Then the deformed merman had caught her, at first she thought she could be friends, but she quickly discovered it was not meant to be.

The crowd thicken, growing louder and louder, some demanding the man to stop damaging the item while others watched curious. Finally, a pure white tear squeezed from the pitiful mermaid's eye, the liquid turning into a beautiful solid pearl as it hit the ground and rolled off the stage. Though it was a tiny thing, greedy hands immediately grabbed for it, knocking each other to the ground just to gain a tiny sphere.

A loud scream cut through the angry shouts of the crowd. Everyone hushed, greedy eyes watched as a cut from the mermaid's shoulder gush blue blue, turning into topaz as it hit the ground. Polished and cut to perfection, it was way to good to be true.

"100,000! I'll give you 100,000 for it!" A bidder's voice rang into the air, it was quickly covered by louder voices, promising much more.

No one questioned why the auctioneer was selling such a treasure, they were to blinded by greed to think straight.

(So umm, pirates come crash the party, and kidnap the mermaid. Unfortunately, the mermaid doesn't speak Humanese (yet) and has developed a human phobia. The person who manages to gain her trust and befriend her will be the one she sticks to. Like glue.

Is this good?

I think I'll make another character soon.)

(Oh yeah, precious mineral that come from Pearl disappear in about 1-3 days)

((Gah! You're all on land! I'm just going to do a mini-time-skip for myself then.))

Though James loved the sea, he was glad to be on the land again. His crew needed a respite, and a good night's rest, as did he. As he wandered through the town, he saw a high stage on which there was an auctioneer, and what looked like... A mermaid? Why would there be a mermaid here? They were often solitary. Nevertheless, the auctioneer had one, and was treating it rather poorly. Though he was a pirate, James had a softer heart than most, and would not stand for innocents being harmed. So of course, he went along to do something he might very well regret. Whispering to the few men that accompanied him, he ordered two to go and round up the others to wrap up whatever they were doing, and get the ship ready. To the other five that were with him, he ordered one to accompany him, and the others to take strategic positions around the place. When that was done, James and his crew member snuck up behind the stage, knocking out guards when they needed to. Then they finally reached the stairs behind, where his eyes met with the mermaid's. James lifted a finger to his mouth, trying to signal to her to stay silent. Hopefully, she would realize he was here to help.

((OOC: If she is dry, she'll have legs right? Like in Pirates of the Caribbean?))

(Last time I check, yes.)

The mermaid moaned, her tail was splitting into two, drying and become two fins like the land folk. Scales harder her fins and her ability to walk was equal to that of a baby. All this noise confused and frightened her, the rough weird noises the land folk made startled and upset her.

She curled into a ball trying to block it all out. She was scared, what was going to happen to her? Up above, a seagull screeched, out of the corner of her eyes she spotted male land folk, climbing the stage and telling her to be quiet.

"All right then, sold for 750,000,00-"

"Pardon me my good sir," James said as he drew his pistols, strolling onto the stage. "but I have a counterbid."

With that, he pointed one pistol at the auctioneer, and the other at a nearby guard, his crewmate doing the same to another.

"What about your life? I'll throw in a few hundred coins too, just to be nice. Just hand the girl over to me."

The man glared at the pirate, beady eyes narrowed and full of distaste. Quicker then normal for a man as big as he was, he roughly pulled the battered mermaid up, using her as a shield. He set her on her feet, her legs went limp, he kicked her legs into place, and she figured that she could stand using his arms as support, the bruises were quite unnecessary if you asked her.

"D-don't shoot, or you'll hurt it. Trust me, it won't work after it's d-dead." He told the pirate, his voice clearing shaking from fear.

The mermaid let out another distressed wail. She could feel the way the man was shaking her. He was scared, and naturally that made her scared, it didn't help that a male landfolk was pointing a strange stick at her. Probably to strike her? More tears fell from her eyes, hitting the ground with a soft 'pang' and rolling off the stage as she struggled, trying to get free.

James was about to make a witty retort, when a blue man knocked the auctioneer down. It seemed like today was going to be a strange one indeed.

"Well done lad." He said, slipping his pistols into their holters. "Here's some coin for your trouble."

The captain tossed a small purse towards the strange man, and another to the fallen auctioneer. James did say that he'd give him some after all.

"If you want more money like that, I could use someone like you aboard my ship. You'd have to decide quickly though. I'm guessing that we'll be dodging cannon balls on our way out."

Striding over to the mermaid, James removed his coat and hung it over her shoulders so she was no longer fully naked.

"Are you alright sweetheart?"

Edited by Narath

The mermaid looked up at the man, he had draped some strange kind of fabric over her. Land folk were weird, they liked to cover themselves even under the boiling sun. Big blue eyes watched the young pirate wearily. She couldn't understand what he was trying to say, but he spoke kindly and gently to her, but so did the other land folk until he caught her and turned savage, besides he was about to hit her with that stick.

(Grab her and run? I imagine reforcements have been called?)

Edited by mipuppy1

((OOC: Sorry Achios, but I've waited as long as I could to let you post ahead of me. I just can't hold out any longer.))

"We've got to go now." James said, beginning to get nervous.

The more time that passed, the more likely it was that more guards would come for them. And so, James scooped the mermaid into his arms, and began to run for the ship, his crewmates clearing a path (not by murdering or anything like that).

(I sense I love triangle... Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!)

The mermaid let out a surprised squeal, her legs flying in the air and grazing various objects and people. She liked the feeling of the air flying through her hair, it felt like swimming through the waves, the way they both played it, tossing stands in her face and out. She begun to panic however, struggling to fall out of his arms- where was he taking her?

((OOC: I know you have a thing against romantic triangles. You voice that every time we try to start a 1 x 1 or more. Speaking of which, are you going to reply to the other one?))

"Miss, please calm down." James said as he struggled to keep the mermaid in his arms.

For someone that seemed to know so little about legs, she was using them quite fine in this instance. The girl even managed to hit him in the lip with her knee, drawing some blood.

"Oh, come on! I'm trying to help you!" Said the now slightly disgruntled pirate as they neared his ship.

(So I'm over doing it?

You seem like your in a bad mood today Narri *pets*)

She, not understanding the pirate was trying to help her, kept on struggling. Tears started pooling out of her eyes as he scolded her, hitting the ground as little pearls, guards and pirates alike bent down to scoop them up. The sound of the water slapping against the shore gradually calmed her down. The soothing sound of the waves, exhaustion from crying all day, and the way the pirate held her, swaying back and forth made her snuggle next to the pirate's chest, trying to find sleep.

When she woke up, it would all be nothing but a bad dream.

(EDIT: Aww ninja'd!)

(Actually, I don't think I have to change my post because he wasn't talking to her?)

Edited by mipuppy1