hazeh

Oh, We're Halfway There

@Shiny: Yes, haha. I placed John in the park, where Rowe & Delia were planning to go XD I hope that's alright.

I love the idea of the scent and sounds, though. Sounds perfect! :3

Edited by MokiHunter

@Shiny: Yes, haha. I placed John in the park, where Rowe & Delia were planning to go xd.png I hope that's alright.

I love the idea of the scent and sounds, though. Sounds perfect! :3

And we were going to the park because Lucas, Kat and Azet where there smile.gif And then Starri joined the party tongue.gif

All the badasses hang at the park wink.gif

Edited by Emeraldmay

That reminds me; how big would the park be, exactly? My original intention for not having John interact with the others there is because he wasn't in the same area as they were (if he could see them, he'd probably just walk elsewhere to be alone).

I was kinda hoping that someone could see him and try to talk to him, and then have him be all suspicious and try to get away because he's just silly like that XD

I dunnos, just ideasss.

Dolores Park in reality is quite large, and is on a slope of a hill. c:

I'll edit the first post and then try to get Delia (and possibly Ophelia) up tonight.

Hey StarriAngel Imma hold up on posting Azet so Mousia can catch up... I hate it when I don't post for awhile and I come back after a busy time and it's like. Man if I only posted sooner then I wouldn't be left to die... Hope that's alright...

It's winter break, and I have a craving to do an RP. Can I still join, or will you guys keep me away due to any RP I join dying? xd.png

Well we also just started, so, there's that |D

You are totally welcome to join~

Edit: I think I'm going to nix Ophelia as a character, I'm really not feeling her. |D Good thing I haven't posted as her yet. Gonna make someone else.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Mousia? o3o

@Hazard, any range on the whistle? Like how far can they be for it to still affect a halfling

Edited by TotallyDrow

Yeah where's Mousy? >>

Hmm. I don't want the whistle to be too powerful, but it should be mostly realistic. Maybe 100 yards for prime effect, after that each 50 yards decreases in how much it affects a halfling (or unless they're in a safe zone. We can figure those out, too. Main house and underground dens are some, definitely. Let's get some other main areas designated too). 150 yards would be uncomfortable, 200 yards a minor annoyance, 250 you'd barely notice.

Sound good?

Sounds good to me! c:

Also, I was planning on making a hunter character. I'd be allowed to do so, yes?

If so, what would be the specifications for them? Like... would they have to have a certain background or? Just curious.

Edited by MokiHunter

Not sure what to do with Lucas Now.... should I wait for Mousia? Or just assume Katerina is gonna wait for them there?

@Moki,

Oh that's a good question. I sorta just made my potential hunters history up. *points at RP gallery in Freeform RP section*

Edited by TotallyDrow

Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity. Between the holidays and my crazy work schedule, I haven't had time to sit down and write. I'm actually going to be on a hiatus for about a week- I should come back next Sunday, the 5th. I don't expect the roleplay to suspend in my absence, but obviously I can't accept new characters while I'm gone. (You can still send them in, but I might be able to reply since I'm going out of town in a day and the internet connection is sketchy). Also try not to go too far without me, I still have certain things I want to carry out.

Moki, if you really need you can have John move on from Delia. And create whatever hunter character you want. They can have any background you want, I was thinking of making a hunter myself from a halfling family.

I wanted to apologize. My internet's been super spotty and I haven't had a chance to post. I'm writing one right now though!

Well I'm stuck until Shiny posts XD

which is why I'm tempted to make a hunter character...

I'll guess I'll just do what you said, Drow, and just play it by ear haha.

Well I managed to make a post tonight biggrin.gif I leave tomorrow morning though so we'll see if I can write anything during my trip.

Also, yay, Mousia's back! Glad to see you're still here c:

Yaaay :3

I'm not sure what to do now, to be honest XD

Cause I'm trying to follow John's character, and he wouldn't go with one of the clans unless he had to, but like... hnnng wjskdxc I don't want him to be left alone again cause then I won't be able to get him into the story. I'll be stuck again lol. Gaaah what do I dooo... I guess I can muster something up XD

Howdy everyone, seems it's been a little quiet here.

Anyway, I wanted to bring some updates to your attention.

First off, I've added a new rule to the OP. (Just so everyone knows, new rules will always be added to the Bottom of the current rule list)

This new rule stipulates that each person is limited to 4 characters at the moment. This is subject to change in the future.

Next new update--

I have devised a hierarchy for the Halfling Clans. It is as follows:

Clan Elders: In the Aegis Clan, there are Four Clan Elders. These leaders are in charge of the operation and protection of the Clan to ensure that its members are safe but also that their behavior is regulated to maintain this safety. They convene to decide official actions of the Clan as a whole, as well as how to handle specific threats. Elder status is typically inherited by the oldest of the offspring, or appointed by the individual Elder him/herself. Elders have a five-pointed star tattoo behind both ears and a four-pointed star on the back of their neck.

Clan Matriarchs: These are the spouses (including male spouses) of the current Elders. Although they have no deciding factor in how the Elders lead the Clan, their opinion is still highly respected and holds weight with the rest of the members. They often are in charge of supervising particular groups of halflings (guards, medics, caretakers, etc). Matriarchs have a five-pointed star tattoo behind both ears.

Clan Generals: These halflings are unique guards that are given command over a group of others. Every General answers to the Clan Matriarchs that their unit is appointed to, but they give direct orders to the halflings in their unit either before patrol or on the field. All Generals have a small five-pointed star tattoo behind their right ear.

Clan Guards: These halflings were trained from a young age (typically) to defend the Clan against danger. They have skills as warriors, and some are trained in using specific weapons (depending on which unit they are apart of). Units of guards complete different tasks depending on which Matriarch their General answers to. (Patrol, detection, missing persons, ambush, intel, etc) They answer to their Generals, unless otherwise dictated by a Matriarch or Elder.

Clan Medics: These halflings are talented in the use of medicine, both traditional and modern. Some have gone to medical or nursing school and utilize their skills through these careers to keep their identities hidden from normal humans. For the Clan, they usually help with births of a new Halfling, injuries, or sicknesses that otherwise would have been risky to be seen by a regular human medical professional. They are given liberty to live amongst humans if they wish as long as they have regular contact with a Clan Guard. A medic's actions may also be dictated only by an Elder, and occasionally a Matriarch.

Clan Caretaker: These halflings are in charge of taking care of the younger halflings and making sure their basic needs are met, as well as supervision to be sure they don't abuse their transformations (especially in public). These halflings are usually skilled with handling groups of children at a time, and have sharp reflexes in order to react as quickly as possible to a potential hazard. Many Caretakers were once Clan Guards.

Clan Members: They do not have a specific name other than just being a part of the Clan. Anyone who does not fall into the categories above are not given particular tasks by their superiors, although they are still subject to the same rules and regulations set by the Elders and enforced by the guards. They are free to lead whatever lives they wish, but are required to live within the secret dens of the Clan and check in with the unit of guards that shares the same dormitory wing from time to time.

Clan Children: Like regular members, they don't have a specific calling or duty, but they are all required to live in the secret dens and are subject to the authority of their particular Caretaker(s). They are required to be in school (human school for children 13-17), or otherwise are homeschooled by their Caretakers. Homeschooling also includes obtaining control over their transformations and learning how to use their hybrid bodies properly.

I'll be adding this to the OP for future reference.

Lastly, I think we should devise a certain symbol for the Hunters to wear as an emblem of their hunting status. Obviously not all hunters would wear this, as it isn't a requirement, but it would be seen as a marker to other hunters. Someone already mentioned that the Hunter's whistle could be used as an unofficial badge (which I think is a great idea) but I still think a symbol should be used in junction with it.

I'm welcome to any symbol or inscription, made up or not, that anyone wants to suggest.

So...should we post rankings for our characters now that we have an official guide to them?

If so, I'd bet five dollars that Katerina would be a caretaker due to her love of children and wish to help them through life because no one except her friends helped her early on.

As for the piece relating to the hunter insignia, I have nothing to offer currently, but I shall either post here or edit this post if I come up with anything.

You don't have to mention it in your profiles, but I can make note of it if you want. That's more of an idea of how you want your characters to act within the Clan. c: