nicknick88

Roentgenium

After reading this rp, will you join?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Zein frowned, picking up his other scythe. "You just broke two rules of uncle," he said, trying not to wince. He arranged the flame's heat so that the flame was pure white next to Kyra, so there was almost nowhere to escape. Seven seconds until the whole room was engulfed, and she'd have nowhere to run to. Unless she gave up. Better for him. "Ay Kyra!" called Zein walking through the flames, creating a shield of fire arond himself, picking up another scythe, his groin still throbbing. "You know I may not be able to see you, but there are almost no shadows left in this room. I estimate you have about 7 seconds before the room is engulfed. You'd best call uncle so I can call it off."

Edited by nicknick88

(OOC: she's not holding the scythe anymore, she quickly dropped it before trying to kick Zein)

((Right then, glad you cleared that up nick. I withdraw my complaint.))

Waking up in the big, comfy bed was always the best way to start the day. Adam yawned loudly as he moved like a caterpillar around the bed, enjoying the warm and comfort. Back when he was still living with Mommy and Daddy, his bed was often cold, and he had to share it with his older brother and sister. But ever since 'Uncle' took him in, he got to wake up in his own bed. He learned many things from Uncle's teachers, like learning how to read, write, sing and pick things up with his mind. He even got a kitty to look after! The thought of his cat made him stop squirming as he looked around the bed.

"Mr. Kitty, where are you?" He called out with a sing-song voice. A few second later, a black cat jumped up to the bed and began to rub his body around Adam.

"There you are!" He said, grabbing the cat. He rubbed his cheeks on the cat, and he purred back in response.

"Come on Mr. Kitty, we gotta wash up." He added, shooching off the bed while holding the cat near his shoulder. Since he was still a little too short to reach the sink, he got a small step to help him. Placing Mr. Kitty on the floor, he brushed his teeth and washed his face.

"All done! Breakfast time." He said, once again picking up Mr. Kitty as he walked out of his room. Although he was still in his blue pyjamas, he was more concerned with having breakfast. Maybe once that was done, one of the older kids could play with him.

However, all the other kids were running away from the cafeteria. He wondered if he slept in, and that breakfast was done. He was quickly becoming sad, he wanted breakfast, but he already slept in! Picking up the pace, he ran towards the cafeteria. When he got to the door way, the room itself was on fire. He used to be afraid of fire, but when he saw the older kids use it, he didn't become as scared whenever he saw it.

"W-why are you guys fighting?" He asked, his eyes nearly breaking into tears. He hated fights. Fights brought nothing but bad things, so why were the older children doing just that. However, he also had another thing in his mind.

"D-does this mean breakfast is over?" He asked, with the same breaking voice. Mr. Kitty meanwhile growled lowly, his fur becoming more visibly charged.

Edited by Lore_Master

((@MW898 edited the original post, this is going to be a rather short one))

"Ay get out of here, before you burn up too!" called Zein. "Six seconds!"

A low growl rose in Lirana's throat as some lunatic lit the room on fire. Before then, Scath had noticed nothing. She was too wrapped up in her own mind. She spared a momentary glace toward the fighting pair, before she picked up her own scythe, a long, drawn-out sigh escaping her lips, before I whistled to her dog, and the pair of them moved through the fire- Scath using what little shadows she could gather to create a crude path -and back out into the corridor.

Some people literally had no respect for those around them.

Kyra ignored everything around her. She ignored flame boy's offer of mercy, like she needed them anyway. She simply flipped into an aerial somersault. she created a platform of shadow below her and rolled across it. Coming up, she pushed of the platform straight at flame boy and his fire shield. Creating her own shield, she drove straight through his. Hers wasn't as powerful and dissipated under the pressure, but it deflected flame boy's around her just enough for her to slip through and tackle him at the shoulders. She smashed to the ground on top of him, unintentionally jolting her knee into his groin and almost making her headbutt him. But she recovered quickly and pinned on of his shoulders with her hand. Her other hand stood poised on his neck, pushing down slightly to block of his airway just enough that it would likely break his concentration. Well, a little harder than that, she was angry. She had a small shadow placed over his scythe hand to keep him from bringing that to bear. The thumb on the throat hand turned inward and scratched at his neck slightly. Under normal circumstances, he was likely capable of getting out from under her, but with the low oxygen levels in the room, he had burned through most of it, and her hand cutting off most of his air, he would have a hell of a time escaping. The heat from the burning room beat on her from all directions, and she was likely going to be affected by the low oxygen levels too. But her attention was focused on flame boy. She stared from behind her eyes. Past the cold rage. If the lack of oxygen didn't break his concentration, her stare most certainly would.

"I'm not playing Uncle." She snarled coldly.

He had used his three strikes, now she would dispose of him. But something told her death was not the best choice. He needed a taste of his own medicine. He needed to be humiliated.

(OOC: Hope it's okay to assume they both fell to the ground, I can edit it if it isn't. And xd.png, if this were a movie, Zein would be so lucky right now)

Edited by MasterWeavile898

((lol, its all good bruhh)

Zein laughed it off. He gather some of the fire around him, lit his palm, and focused it on Kyra's back, burning her. The windows had since been heated enough to crack open. (cause glass cracks when it get hot enough) Oxygen would keep the reaction going for a good forty more seconds. He didn't even have to make more fire. Zein stood up. He was surrounded by a wall of fire. Five seconds until the remaining patches without flame would be burnt up. Those patches were the only place she could stand. And they were burning up too. How could she win? Zein began to count down. "Everything in this room, including you will be burnt up, and you'll burn alive before I suffocate! In 5..4...3..". Zein was starting to feel lightheaded.

Edited by nicknick88

(OOC: I have been paying plenty of attention. There is still plenty of shadow left in the room. Just not in the air. The fire would in fact be casting many shadows off the tables and chairs, and onto the tables and chairs. Until the room is fully lit, Kyra has plenty of space to work with. Also, urm, she was on top of him, how did he get her off before he stood? I'll roll with it. And even if the windows did crack, he's consuming oxygen at a very high rate. They'll both suffocate before the fire burns the place down. Not to mention she was holding his throat, thus he would suffocate faster. As I said, I'll roll with it, literally in fact, but still...

Addendum: Actually, you are being completely unrealistic now that I think about it. First, portions of the room that have already burned will stop burning. Zein would need insane powers of concentration to keep fire in the charred areas. He can't control every molecule of fire in the room. Kyra has even more space to work with.

Also, Zein is dead. Being "cacooned in fire" would cut off his oxygen too. Not to mention superheating the air, his organs, his blood, etc. Even if he doesn't receive burns from fire, he should have boiled alive or suffocated by now

And don't bother saying something about his powers. You can defy science a little, but there is no way in hell that Zein can win by lighting the room on fire. Maybe a draw, but all the methods you've used so far are equally lethal to him as Kyra)

(OOC: I have been paying plenty of attention. There is still plenty of shadow left in the room. Just not in the air. The fire would in fact be casting many shadows off the tables and chairs, and onto the tables and chairs. Until the room is fully lit, Kyra has plenty of space to work with. Also, urm, she was on top of him, how did he get her off before he stood? I'll roll with it. And even if the windows did crack, he's consuming oxygen at a very high rate. They'll both suffocate before the fire burns the place down. Not to mention she was holding his throat, thus he would suffocate faster. As I said, I'll roll with it, literally in fact, but still...

Addendum: Actually, you are being completely unrealistic now that I think about it. First, portions of the room that have already burned will stop burning. Zein would need insane powers of concentration to keep fire in the charred areas. He can't control every molecule of fire in the room. Kyra has even more space to work with.

Also, Zein is dead. Being "cacooned in fire" would cut off his oxygen too. Not to mention superheating the air, his organs, his blood, etc. Even if he doesn't receive burns from fire, he should have boiled alive or suffocated by now

And don't bother saying something about his powers. You can defy science a little, but there is no way in hell that Zein can win by lighting the room on fire. Maybe a draw, but all the methods you've used so far are equally lethal to him as Kyra)

(He doesn't have to control the fire for it to be spreading, in real life, fire spreads without anyone controlling it, no in order to stop it he'd have to be, he only had to light the initial spark, after that it can spread on its own. He's letting the rest run wild.

O, and I didn't remember reading you were on top of me when you posted, oops.

As for cacoon of fire, maybe caccoon wasn't the best word, I meant more like a ring of fire, tall enough she couldn't go through without getting burnt.

Fires are heat resistant, just as ices cant drown, shadows can see in the dark as if it were night, earth cannot be hurt by natural disasters, lightning cant be hit by lightning ... etc. SO as Zein is losing Oxygen with Kyra, he isn't getting burnt.

I had no idea that fires cast shadows, I looked that up, oopsies

So Im going to edit some of my post.)

EDITED it

Edited by nicknick88

(OOC: Yes, but portions of the room will have already burnt. It won't burn twice without serious effort, Zein would have to be controlling it all.

You know you just made fire strong against two more types by making them heat resistant? As well as stalemating them. And actually, I didn't realize shadows could see in the dark well. I actually intended for Kyra to have learned that as a skill

And furthermore, you really shouldn't make them impervious against their own aspects. For more reasons than I have time to type on this censorkip.gif

Light casts shadows. Fire's make light. A light charrie could theoretically light the whole room, if they had that level of concentration, but not fire. Have you ever seen a burning building on TV? They are usually quite dark, fire really doesn't put off much light

Also, being surrounded by fire would still suffocate him

Gotta go, will reply later)

Why was it getting harder to breath? Adam was just standing in the door way, away from the flames. And yet, he was coughing and becoming dizzy. All around him, the air was getting darker and darker, but yet he could see the fighting, and the flames. He wanted to tell them to stop fighting, he wanted to yell for help. Mr. Kitty managed to get free, and left the smoky corridor. He then began to make an annoying meow, trying to get Adam's attention.

"M-Mr Kitty.... Come back... Its too scary to be alone." Adam said, getting more and more tired as he left the doorway and followed the sound. When he got to Mr. Kitty, he collapsed onto the floor, coughing. He just couldn't stop coughing, it was like something wanted to get out.

(Lol as for the shadow part I said I looked that up, and you were right there's no use continuing to argue that point. Okay, I see what you mean. maybe heat resistant isn't the right word. Flame resistant there, I already acknowledged the fact that he would suffocated, no use continuing to argue that. If he were surrounded by fire, hes not suffocated, , there is still Oxygen coming from above the wall. But if the whole room burns up, he will suffocate, I did acknowledge that too.))

(OOC: Flame resistant is fine. I acknowledged that. But the heat would still have boiled his blood. No matter how you slice it, he should be dead. You really can't use fire as a direct shield

And the way fire consumes oxygen means that the fire gets the oxygen first

And sorry for still not posting. Waiting until I get back to a PC

Addendum: Also, Kyra is much more likely to die from oxygen deprivation than burning. But Zein has more fire closer, so her would suffocate first. Fire isn't a very good power indoors)

(Im sorry, maybe its because Im not in as an advanced level of science, but Im still not getting your point. If he's flame resistant, wouldn't he not but burnt or get hot from fire, he can just step through it? And I know nothing about HOW fire consumes oxygen, I know it just does, so maybe you're right about that. If there is a wall of fire around him, he can still suffocate, but at the same time it still takes a while to suffocate in humans, that much I know, like three minutes, and this fight has been what, thirty seconds? Kyra would burn up before that. I'll add that Zein was starting to feel light headed though.)

Edited by nicknick88

(OOC: If I recall correctly, the majority of fire related deaths are from suffocation, not burning

And oxygen aside. Being flame resistant means hewon't recieve burns. He is still susceptible to heat. And a high amount of heat all around him, like a ring of fire, for an extended period of time would cause his internal organs and blood to boil)

(OOC: If I recall correctly, the majority of fire related deaths are from suffocation, not burning

And oxygen aside. Being flame resistant means hewon't recieve burns. He is still susceptible to heat. And a high amount of heat all around him, like a ring of fire, for an extended period of time would cause his internal organs and blood to boil)

(If something is flame resistant, would it be resistant to the heat created by flame, if not, then I guess Zein should be dead, look that up because I think the heat created by the flame would be immune to that. And again for an extended period of time, it's only been like thirty seconds.)

(Hello, I have no idea where to start, but I will be back possibly on Monday to introduce my character as I have other places to go today)

(OOC: He can't resist flame heat only. There is only one type of heat. He either resists all of it or none of it. And making fires heat resistant makes them kind of overpowered since a large amount of both the lightning and light powers is heat (There's also electricity, and I suppose light could blind people? But it's still a slight advantage)

And I think you have the wrong kind of suffocation. You're thinking light-headed fainting, I'm referring to choking and coughing. Like Adam is experiencing

I am just going to let it go though, Kyra still has a large advantage. I'll just have to pull out a few more tricks

But first, I'd like you to know how many times I've broken character to keep Zein alive

>1)Back at the start of the interaction I made up that stupid three strike rule so she wouldn't just kill him for burning her hair

>2)And again when he lit the chair on fire

>3)And again when she denied his challenge to Uncle

>4)

She stopped suddenly, waiting for fire boy to turn his idiot head and face her instead of Cody.

If she'd stayed in character she wouldn't have stopped, she would have just walked up to him while he was distracted, likely without even telling Cody off so Zein wouldn't notice she'd turned around, and murdered him

>5)

She spun it around so it was between his legs, staff end first. It sped up and into his groin.

Groin? Ha. She should have sliced his head off

>6)

Her other hand stood poised on his neck, pushing down slightly to block of his airway just enough that it would likely break his concentration.

In character that hand goes through his neck

>7)

He needed to be humiliated.

Again, made this up so she would have a good reason not to kill him. I was attempting to have that post end this stupid fight and needed a way to explain why she didn't just kill him since she had him pinned down

Now then, may I have permission to not break character next time? Or maybe you'd like to go back to that post and end the fight there? And in case you hadn't noticed, my patience has run out)

Llen had left soon after seeing fire start through the window of the door. She guessed that if the cafeteria was on fire, they likely wouldn't have breakfast. Going back to her room, she got some cat food for Cinnamon and made a sandwich. After finishing her sandwich, she took Cinnamon outside with her to train.

Cody was surprised to be pushed away from the fight by Kyra but he understood and backed down. Instead he called to Echo and jumped up onto a beam in the ceiling for a seat. Though as the room was starting to get hotter from the sweeping fire he put up a wall of air to be able to stay and watch. Unfortunately the sound of a child's scared voice caught his ears and spiked his curiosity. Using the ceiling again he made his way over to the door where he had heard the sound come from swinging into the hallway. However the person he found leaving the door didn't match the voice he had heard.

Course the sound of coughing coming from the hallway answered the question and running down the hall found the source. The little boy Cody recognized as Adam was collapsed on the floor coughing continuously and seemed to be in shook.

"Hey hey hold on Adam, i got you" he said kneeling down to sit him up.

Pulling the fresher air from around them Cody funneled it towards Adam's mouth to help him breath and filtering out the smoke he had inhaled.

Edited by Lightdragon4444

The air around Adam got much clearer, his coughing lessened in frequency and intensity. Finally, the coughing was replaced by gasps for the clean air, before that too lessened into tired breathing. There was only one person he knew who could do that, Cody. He felt his body being readjusted, he had been moved to a sitting position.

"T-thank you Cody..." He said, giving off a meek smile before looking around, where had Mr. Kitty gone too? But wait a minute, the fight!

"Cody... you need to get them to stop fighting, they won't listen!" He cried out as he quickly got up onto his feet. Apparently a five-year old's metabolism is a frighting thing indeed.

[i guess i could end the fight i still have all three strikes and Zein should be getting a little bit tired by now. Think of the children or child i guess.]

"Yeah no problem" Cody sighed smiling before standing up and looking back towards the cafeteria. "I don't think i can stop them at this rate Adam, you just have to let their anger burn out." [

]

Though he didn't seem too convinced on letting Kyra and Zein just fight it out and again Cody sighed at that fact. He knew breaking up the fight could quite possibly shorten his life in several ways but if he didn't Adam would try and could get severely hurt in the process.

"All right little one I'll put an end to the fight" He smiled rubbing Adam's short brown hair. "Then we can go and find Mr. kitty, Alright?"

Kneeling down so he was eye level with Adam he explained his plan.

"Ok so I'm going to use the extreme levels of Co2 in the cafeteria to blast the two of them apart so they get disoriented. Once I've done that i want you to move their mouths with telekinesis and make them both mouth the word "Uncle" at the exact same time. Then Echo can mimic their voice and make them actually say "Uncle" and end this battle due to the rules. Once someone has said "Uncle" the fight is over no matter what. Think you can do that?"

Luckily they both had recently said "Uncle" allowing Echo to mimic their voices to make the whole plan work. Getting to the door Cody concentrated on the small gap of Co2 and air between Kyra and Zein forcing it to expand rapidly and blowing the two away from each other. In the same time he used the CO2 to smother the fire that had nearly consumed the entire room depriving it of oxygen.

"You're up Adam" he thought.

[but my answer to the fight was so perfect, man i had it all figured out, i guess someone will have to figure that part out. Lore, any ideas?]

Edited by Lightdragon4444