nicknick88

Roentgenium

After reading this rp, will you join?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

((Character Name: Skye

Age (4-17): 17

Power: Wind

Weapon: Dual daggers (Non-throwing, double-edged)

Pet: Budgie (a type of parakeet, for those of you who don't know)

Pet's power: Shadow

Pet's Special Ability: To become invisible and inaudible at will.

Pet's name: November

Character Appearance: Skye's hair has mutated to become light blue, and is thick, wavy, and reaches to her mid-back. Her face is heart-shaped and mischievous, and her eyes are a shocking blue (obviously from a mutation). She's short (4' 11") and is slim and light. There are a few short sky blue feathers sticking out from her forearms.

Pet Appearance: The feathers on November's body range from burnt orange to red. The feathers on her wings and head are blue with black stripes. She's a little small for a budgie.

((Is November overpowered?))

not really accepted

((Finally got a chance on computer

Character Name: Llen

Power: Shadows

Weapon: Magic Wand

Pet: Cat

Pet's power: Light

Pet's Special Ability: She can understand human language. She however cannot communicate back.

Pet's name: Cinnamon

Character Appearance: She has long black hair that has occasional black feathers the same color and length as her hair. She has medium size wings, big enough to fly short distances and boost her time in air when jumping. She can't fly long distances without getting tired.

Pet Appearance: This but her eyes are brighter more orange amber. She also has darker more orange spots of her fur color on her chest fur. They are small and look like cinnamon. Her claws are very long due to mutation, and she has fangs. Her tail is almost normal except that it changes to feathers at the tip.

Other:

Why is pet name after pet abilities?))

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Claws as in body part? Or claws as in ninja-weapon?

ninja weapon

ANd silverpheonixx accepted, well wait til later like Wednesday to start, just cuz homework

((Finally got a chance on computer

Character Name:

Weapon: Magic Wand

Pet's power: Light

Pet's Special Ability: She can understand human language. She however cannot communicate back.

Pet's name: Cinnamon

Character Appearance: She has long black hair that has occasional black feathers the same color and length as her hair. She has medium size wings, big enough to fly short distances and boost her time in air when jumping. She can't fly long distances without getting tired.

Pet Appearance: This but her eyes are brighter more orange amber. She also has darker more orange spots of her fur color on her chest fur. They are small and look like cinnamon. Her claws are very long due to mutation, and she has fangs. Her tail is almost normal except that it changes to feathers at the tip.

Other:

Why is pet name after pet abilities?))

Where is ur char's name?

EDIT: Also what do you mean by swaps?

Just saw this. You go back and forth between past and present tense a lot, makes the RP very confusing to read

Anyway, will be getting to a PC sometime tomorrow. I'll make my sheet then. Or maybe now, gotta see how much time I have after I eat

Forum Name: MW898

Character Name: Kyra

Weapon: Claws

Appearance: 6' tall. Straight, black, shoulder-length hair. Ghostly white skin. White eyes (irises, pupils are still black) Long fingernails, filed to a point and painted white. Wears black pants, a black t-shirt with a pair of white angel wings on the front, and black tennis shoes. Her nose is medium length and fairly pointed. Her eyes are mostly round. Her eyelashes are long. Her eyebrows are long and thin. She has small dimples. Her eyes also usually have shadows under them and look fairly sunken but still fairly lifelike (creepy, but she doesn't look dead) And she has a tatoo of angel wings, matching her shirt, on the back of her right hand

Pet: Salamander

Pet Power: Ice

Pet Special Ability: Line of sight teleportation

Pet Name: Kinky

Pet Appearance: Fairly large, about three inches long, yellow with two black stripes around his middle (like a belt) An extra pair of eyes behind the first, all four eyes are blue. His claws are like needles

Other: She's also very acrobatic and she sunburns easily

That should do it

Edited by MasterWeavile898

((yes))

Zein woke up. 360 days since he had first been taken into the compound. Five days from now would be a year. He loved it here. Nice warm meals, king sized beds for everyone, the fact that they gave us super powers, a nice little agama, and they regularly kept up our physical fitness through training; all these things made it feel more like home. In fact it was better than home. He didn’t even miss home here. Zein brushed his teeth, washed his face, put on some clothes, and headed to the cafeteria for breakfast. He would sit with some friends. Today was waffle day. Yummy.

It had been almost a year since Cody was brought to the compound and he enjoyed everyday of it. Life in the rest of the world was harsh and unforgiving compared to the soft beds and warm meals of the compound. He had grown use to the luxuries the Man had given him and the other children. This is why Cody aimed to prove his skills to the Man, to show him his thankfulness in combat, by practicing with the Shurikens the Man had given him. The extra set of arms helped as well giving him twice the firepower as well as extra strength.

Cody sent a star flying towards Echo who blinked just in time to dodge the attack appearing again to the right of him. Without hesitation Cody again threw a star straight into Echo chest sending the bird back into the fulling padded walls of the room. Blinking back to him Echo happily chirped as a way of saying "you got me!" Cody smiled pulling the throwing star from a practice set of densely packed armor he had ordered for her so she wouldn't get hurt when they practiced this way. Using his power over gaseous particles Cody formed a mirror of water vapor allowing him to see nearly 360° around him. The two practiced for a while until they both grew tired and more then a bit hungry. After washing off he and Echo, firmly attached to his shoulder, set off for the cafeteria by ways of the ceiling.

The ceiling in the compound were completely smooth unlike the monkey bar infested room he had just come from forcing Cody to use his power instead of just his six limbs. Since gas has a hard time passing through solid objects Cody used his control of the air around him to force any part of his body to solid objects such as his hands to the ceiling. This ability allowed him to walk, crawl, or climb on walls, trees, and really any simi rigid object. Though because he preferred to travel around like this and his mutation giving him an extra set of arms he often was called some sort of spider related nickname. Though he really didn't mind much since it was a rather perfect fit for his appearance.

[Also yes I understand spiders have eight limbs and Cody has six like a bug but spiders are cooler and much more deadlier like him.]

What a year it had been. Scath lay quietly in her bed, eyes wide open, thinking. She'd been awake for hours, merely thinking over what had happened. From the slums of a broken city to the... high life? She supposed you could call it that. If anything, she should resent the Man. But she didn't. She lifted her right hand above her, as she did most mornings, flexing her fingers. It still worked perfectly. There was no change in how easy it was to manouver her skeletal hand.

Still not used to it? The familiar voice brought a smile to an otherwise emotionless face. Lirana's thoughts always came to Scath as those of a young adult female. Her voice was deep, comforting and sounded... smooth.

The human turned over in her bed, gaze locking with that of her dog. I am, Lirana. Whether I accept it or not... Now that's a different matter.

Lirana stood up, her claws clicking on the smooth, wooden floor. Her tail wagged softly as she padded over to her mistress, sticking her cold nose right up in Scath's face.

She smiled, reaching out and fussing the dog, scratching behind her ears. You're a good dog.

With that, she swung her legs around. Lirana retreated back to her bed, lying down and putting on the best 'stroke me' face she could muster. Scath almost ignored it, giving her dog one last pat before she got dressed.

Once fully clothed, she took her scythe from beside her bed, instantly feeling at ease as soon as her hands touched the smooth wooden handle. She could only feel with her left, but even the vague feeling of holding something with her right was reassuring. She turned to the door, scythe resting on her shoulder, put one hand on it and opened it. She stood there for a few moments as Lirana came over, before stepping across the threshold herself and shutting the door.

Character Name: Adam Moore

Power: Mental

Weapon: Duel Wands.

Pet's power: Lighting

Pet's Special Ability: Using himself as a conductor, Mr. Kitty can call a bolt of lighting, striking all within range of him.

Pet's name: Mr. Kitty

Character Appearance: Standing at just 3'8 feet, Adam like to pretends that he's a big boy just because he's a bit taller than kids his age. He has short brown hair, mostly because his dad prefers that kind of hair style. His most noticeable feature is his baby-blue eyes. In short, he's your typical cute five year old boy. However, the mutation from the 'red stone' caused his skin to become permanently cracked. Its most noticeable around his torso and legs, but bits and pieces of it can be seen on his arms and stomach.

Pet Appearance: Mr. Kitty is a normal black cat, however it seems to have gained a trait that belongs to sea anomalies. His fur is permanently carrying 1000 volts of electricity, and only Adam seems to be unaffected.

Other: Has recurring nightmares, mostly related to 'the bad man'

((Shadows seem overpowered compared to the other powers. I mean you got 4 pros for one con, compared to the rest. Unless you meant to say 'yet offensive and defensively weak.'))

Her white eyes darted open. It was pitch black, it was always pitch black. She liked the black, her name was black. She held up her hand, her white nails contrasted beautifully against the black. She carefully flipped the switch on the wall next to her, the beautiful blackness was quickly dispelled by the sudden burst of light from the ceiling. She sat up from her soft bed, the sheets' dark folds slowly rolling off her chest as she stretched. She was a bit cold without anything to cover her, but she had always preferred the cold. She carefully stood and walked into the bathroom. She was greeted by the smashed mirror that always greeted her. She had smashed it during her second week, she had always hated what she saw in it. She had ripped that frightened little girl out ages ago, but for some reason she still hated mirrors. She continued past it into the shower, closing the door behind her as she did so and collapsing the room into blackness. She made her way over to the shower by touch, her vision had not yet readjusted to the black. She stepped in and reflexively turned the hot water all the way up, only turning the cold a small amount. The hot water rushed through her hair and onto her back, soothing her and helping her muscles to relax.

Some time later, she always took long showers, she stepped out and onto the cold floor. Her bare feet tried to make her recoil at the cold touch, but she forced them to stay. Weakness, even a minor thing like that, was unacceptable, even in private like this. She would willingly do just about anything to get her way, but she would never show weakness, not even to herself.

She stepped out into the hall, still unclothed, but unworried; there was another locked door between her and anyone else. For some reason she had been placed at the end of a long, empty hall. It was barren aside from a door that lead to a pantry which was always mysteriously full, and the intimidating little exit. She didn't know if the others had hallways like this before their rooms, she had never been in any of them; though she had made the attempt several times. She rarely left her own room anyways, she wasn't very fond of being around others. She entered the pantry and walked over to a shelf. She pulled out her usual breakfast, some dry cornflake cereal, and sat down at the table. She ate quickly and was back in the hall within ten minutes.

She returned to her room door and looked up at the little inscribed plate holding her name, Kyra. It was all she had left from before. She had, literally, been stripped of everything else when she came here. All that was left was that single first name her single mother had given her. Entering, she walked over to her dresser. She wasn't sure why she had a dresser, she always wore the same thing. And it was always mysteriously clean and folded on top of the dresser in the mornings. She quickly slipped into her underclothes before reentering the bathroom. She freshened the coating on her nails and checked herself over for any pimples, no like she ever got any since coming. Then she washed her face and brushed her teeth. Feeling slightly refreshed, she confidently strode back into her room and finished dressing herself.

She decided that today would be a good day to attempt to "eat" with the others. She hadn't had much luck with them during her time here. Something about her seemed to frighten them off. Sure they would act friendly, but they always seemed wary of getting too close to her. It wasn't her looks, there were others that looked far worse who still had friends. In fact, she knew why; she wanted them to keep their distance, so she tried to make her attitude one that would keep them away. She flirted with the less-deformed males just enough to keep herself from becoming some mysterious untouchable recluse that everyone was curious about. But no one really knew her. Sometimes it gave her the feeling that she remembered as sadness from before. But she simply turned that raw emotion and used it to make herself stronger. Most of the time she didn't care though, she was clearly above them all. Not a single one stood near her greatness, and someday she hoped she would have the chance to kill them all.

She hadn't even realized she had entered the mess hall until she was halfway through the door. She had been caught up in her own thoughts and had almost walked into the room looking half-dazed. That was a weakness, she couldn't have that. She carefully regained her proper composure, one that made her fairly uninteresting yet still announced her presence if anyone cared to know, and continued forward. She got a few glances from the others, but most simply ignored her and continued eating. Kyra didn't bother getting any food, she simply sat down at an empty table and waited for some male to come and fail at looking her in the eye. They always seemed to look just a bit lower. She actually smiled at this, despite sometimes being an inconvenience, it usually made it easier for her to drag information about what she had missed the last few days out of them. Unfortunately for them, she didn't even consider those ones as potential mates. She didn't want a drooling man-beast drowning in her shadow. If they couldn't look her in her sunken white eyes, they didn't deserve her. She had yet to encounter one who could.

It was unfortunate that she had chosen today to come here, it appeared the others were eating waffles. Just an overly-starchy bread covered in liquid sugar. Kyra personally found most of what the others ate disgusting. She did enjoy the days when they ate the little sugar sausage sandwiches. It was somewhat disgusting, but she couldn't help but enjoy them. And they weren't totally unhealthy, they had eggs and sausage on them, not totally. She realized she had been looking around just a bit too curiously and attempted to remedy that fact by staring at the table in such a way that indicated she was equally interested in the table as she was the rest of them. She hoped someone would come soon, she really wanted to get out of here.

(OOC: I don't think shadows is so OP. Offensive doesn't mean strong offenses. It just means it's not a defensive class. It seems like a hit-and-run type class. (That's certainly how Ima use it) Incapable of dealing or taking major damage, but fast enough and able to hide so that you don't get annihilated after the first strike

Addendum: And "versatile" isn't really a pro either. I'm not even really sure how Shadows is versatile. It can't be a powerful defender, it's not the fastest, not the best attack, no healing, not even necessarily the best at sneaking (though I don't see anything else good at it). Really somewhat meh)

Llen woke up, sunlight hitting her face. The light streamed in from her rather large window, illuminating everything without the need for a light. Although her element was shadow, she didn't mind the light. She rather enjoyed it sometimes, in fact. But it could be a little annoying when she was trying to hide. Next month would be her birthday. She would be twelve then. Getting up and walking to the bathroom, she brushed her teeth. She didn't have to get dressed, She always wore next day's clothes after showering. It was a habit she had gotten. After brushing her teeth, she looked for Cinnamon. She was usually on the ledge by the window, she liked to sunbathe in the light. She was there today too, like usual. "Cinnamon, wake up. We have to go eat." Llen called. Meowing, Cinnamon got up, stretching the way cats do. Picking Cinnamon up, Llen walked towards cafeteria.

((Anything can be OP if you use it in the right way.))

(OOC: True dat. And Shadows was chosen the most. Understandably, it's cool. And I do have a plan to keep from getting utterly crushed. I wouldn't have picked it if I didn't think it was tough, I like a challenge)

((I didn't put this in the OP, just realized that, but the more advantages an element has, the weaker les strong those advanteges are, and its weaknesses are weaker. Take this for example. Shadow has four strengths. On a 0-5 scale its four strengths are a 2.6-3.2 (0 being weak five being strong) and its weakness is really weak (like .06) While fire has one strength and one weakness fire' strength being like a 5 and its weakness is being like a 2.3. Everything else is average 2.5-3.5. I meant to put this in the OP I guess I just forgot, let me post it.)

EDIT: Lore_Master is accepted

Double Edit: If you don't understand and you want me to post stats for each power/pet from a 0-5 scale, ask me, if enough people ask me to I will.

Triple Edit: Defense more like a .06

Edited by nicknick88

((I also imagine each person has their own specific way of using said element. Like a signature. (My version of shadows will probably be closer to necromancy in Derek Landy's SP series. Minus a few raising the dead.)

I have nothing to post currently o-o))

(OOC: Yeah, we all have different personalities and will think of different ways to use each power. I have a feeling numbers and stats will basically be ignored when things actually get going)

Cody didn't leave the ceiling until he was through the cafeteria door that he used as a pivot point to swing in with. There were a few of the others already seated at different tables eating their breakfast. A couple glanced up to see who had come in but lost that curiosity when they saw who it was. Cody wasn't the most popular of kids there even though he only had the extra arms mutation but he continued on towards the smell of food. He never got tired of the meals the place served since food was food and it was certainly a lot better here then outside the compound. Gathering a plate of everything he could Cody found a table to sit and eat in peace. Though as he began eating one of the girls, Kyra, entered before sitting down at a table by herself. He watched her for a few moments before returning to his plate slightly curiosity as to if she ever ate anything but he quickly moved on to other matters.

After Cody finished breakfast he began leaning back in the chair wondering about what the next couple of days would bring. He knew they would soon be sent to fight in the Arena to prove themselves for the Man by killing off one another. Looking around he watched the other kids who would probably become his opponents in the deadly sparing matches to come. Only his training would keep him alive but he still didn't know too much about the arena itself and that fact worried him. Having just a bit of knowledge could mean the difference between a slit throat and a intact one. He had trained with all the other children since they had gotten here so he knew their basic abilities and mutations. Though maybe over the next few days he should scout around to gain a better understanding of the competition.

Taking a Shuriken from one of the many pockets he had attached to his camo color shorts he spun it around his lower right arm's finger mulling over his thoughts. Though as he watched the light flicker off its blades his eyes unconsciously drifted towards Kyra. It was a few seconds before he realized he was staring and quickly shifted his gaze. However he glanced back at her curiously because he really didn't know much about her. She could probably be one of the biggest threats to his goal of facing the Man in combat and since he might go against her it was better safe then sorry. Picking up his tray he made his way over to the counter where empty eating ware was placed before walking back towards his table zipping up his blue hoodie as he did. Expect as he got back he took a turn and instead sat down at Kyra's table directly across from her.

"So are you ready to end practice training and get on with the actual fights" Cody asked his gaze wavering from her white eyes if only for a moment. Mentally he shook himself for fazing, he wasn't a scared little kid anymore so why did she make him feel like a cold breeze just went across his neck. If he wanted to win the tournament he had to conquer all his fears or they would end up killing him and ending that dream. The mental timeout took only a few seconds before he was back in the world. Cody shifted his eyes back to hers leaning back in the chair to give the impression of a calm demeanor as he waited for her answer.

She walked down the corridor, her eyes wandering, her mind filled with so... much. Subconsciously, she was rubbing her arm, left hand running up and down the smooth bone. Liranna dawdled behind, sniffing every single patch of discoloured wood. Even if she had been down here hundreds of times in the past year, the German Shepard still licked at strange patches in the floorboards.

After a few minutes of walking, the pair of them reached the dining hall. Also known as the cafeteria. Scath glanced down at her dog, and her dog looked back at her. Liranna's eyes were a dark, almost warm, brown. Intelligence reflected within them, twinkling in the artificial light. A slight smile came to her mistress's face, before the pair continued. Waffle day. Some dull attempt to make everything feel like a massive joke.

Scath rolled her eyes, heading off to one of the empty tables. No one really sat with each other, she'd noticed. Mealtimes were usually times of calculated silence, or loud roars of chatter. This morning seemed like a quiet one. She wasn't particularly hungry yet, instead merely sitting, her scythe on the table, as she went through her daily maintenance. It consisted of polishing the blade, checking for scratches, chips or blunt sections, making sure the handle wasn't splintering or cracked. A cracked handle could leader to further damage to the weapon. That was most certainly what Scath did not want.

(OOC: Wow, that was perfect)

That was quick. Kyra thought as the male sat by her. She likely knew his name, but she didn't feel like remembering right now. She resisted snarling at his act. She knew she made the others uncomfortable, they didn't have to hide it. Then again, he was doing an admirable job. She decided to go easy on him, for the moment.

"I suppose." She said, disinterestedly tapping the table with her finger, "I might if I thought I would encounter a challenge. But everyone here seems so small."

She looked up, knowing full well that her words belittled the male. But she widened her eyes slightly anyway, just enough to make it seem like she didn't wish to be inconsiderate. Surprisingly, he was still looking at them.

"Oh, I'm sorry, that was rude of me." She said, moving her voice to a slightly surprised pitch, "I'm sure you'll do fine. Maybe you'll even make it to whatever 'finals' are planned." She lifted her nail to her face, temporarily moving her gaze away from his, "Though I'm sure it would be a shame to have to kill you, and your," She glanced towards his extra arms, "Appendages. So you might want to die a little sooner."

Her lips spread into a smirk and she set her hand back down on the table. She raised her eyes back to Cody's, there it was, and stared into them. She stared from behind her eyes, as if her soul was looking out, to behind his, into his soul. She found that when she looked at someone like that, it would often break their concentration. It was perfect to punctuate her thinly-veiled threat. She couldn't actually see into his soul, but it seemed the others felt like she could when she did it. What was more, it seemed to go both ways. They felt her staring into their soul, searching for something to take, something silly like that, and they felt as if they were looking into her soul, and what they 'saw' frightened them. Kyra figured they were just getting the chills, but they could think whatever as long as it worked to her advantage.

The other kids around Zein at his table were being loud and noisy as usual. He turned around, after hearing the girl's, from what he gathered her name was .. Kyra's? threat to Cody. He smiled. Zein was a very impish boy. Why not just play a quick, little, prank on Kyra? He lit his finger on fire, and lightly poked her hair, so she could not notice. This was to make sure her hair caught on fire. He turned around and resumed talking to his friends.