angelicdragonpuppy

"Display lineage as originally received"

Honestly, with all the complaining people do about things relating to lineages and how SOME (not all) people like to act like they're the be-all, end-all of dragon value I'm starting to almost wish we'd go back to the days of having to map it out yourself by manually clicking through the mother/father links instead of having an actual lineage viewer. And that's coming from somebody who's rather picky about lineages--even with rare dragons I don't yet have.

I feel like, if it's gonna show to others, it needs to be made obvious that it's been forcibly set to the "original lineage" so that there's no possible way a person couldn't realize the dragon has a current lineage that may not be quite so desirable. It just feels... Almost dishonest otherwise.

If you just sort of "freeze" the lineage... I dunno, feels again almost wrong to then give offspring with an incorrect lineage--especially if maybe they want to see the lineage as it actually is instead of how it once was.

And, again, though, the "trade value" argument people bring up is just... Silly to me.

Personally, if there were a way for me to tell that you're showing an inaccurate to the current status lineage... I'd consider your dragons worth less than somebody who had their lineage showing as it currently was--even if it's not quite as pretty. And I'm pretty sure I could figure it out just by checking back a few generations unless it's a super-high-gen dragon.

I just don't really see why it has to then be viewed that way for EVERYBODY else. If they want the original lineage to show, they can enable original lineage themselves, IMO. Though, like I said, I have no issues with you (general you) personally seeing the lineage a different way.

I feel like, if it's gonna show to others, it needs to be made obvious that it's been forcibly set to the "original lineage" so that there's no possible way a person couldn't realize the dragon has a current lineage that may not be quite so desirable. It just feels... Almost dishonest otherwise.

If you just sort of "freeze" the lineage... I dunno, feels again almost wrong to then give offspring with an incorrect lineage--especially if maybe they want to see the lineage as it actually is instead of how it once was.

And, again, though, the "trade value" argument people bring up is just... Silly to me.

Personally, if there were a way for me to tell that you're showing an inaccurate to the current status lineage... I'd consider your dragons worth less than somebody who had their lineage showing as it currently was--even if it's not quite as pretty. And I'm pretty sure I could figure it out just by checking back a few generations unless it's a super-high-gen dragon.

I just don't really see why it has to then be viewed that way for EVERYBODY else. If they want the original lineage to show, they can enable original lineage themselves, IMO. Though, like I said, I have no issues with you (general you) personally seeing the lineage a different way.

This.

So Fuzz, what you are saying is that you do NOT consider the lineage as part of the dragon?

That is where I disagree with you. I DO think the lineage is part of the dragon. The most important part, in fact. Otherwise its just a picture no different from any other dragon of the same breed on my scroll.

And people are going waaaay overboard with the programming aspects of the whole "freeze". TJ doesn't have to save a single extra thing to implement this. Why? Because he already records exactly what is needed: The current status of a dragon, its lineage (which he's stopped erasing), its time of birth, and its time of death. (ok so he'd have to add one single little column to the database for the view options, but that's still adding a negligible amount to the size of the database.)

Any half decent program / programmer can, based on certain values (ie, show dragon's lineage as it was when the egg was laid) show a lineage EXACTLY how it was at the time the egg was laid. An example:

Program looks at current status of toggle: Toggle is to show lineage as originally was. So!

It looks at all the dragons in the lineage (their full entry in said database), and if Dead Dragon A died before the breed date of the egg, a tombstone and no more lineage is shown. If Dragon B died after the breed date of the egg, the full lineage is shown.

TJ is a good sight better than "decent". He's quite good, actually, to judge from the game. If I can see multiple easy ways this could be done using a database (and I'm an amateur database programmer), then I'm sure he can think up dozens of easy, non-laggy / non-size-intensive ways to do it.

Besides which, TJ is on record as saying he finds deadlines (and their erased history) as miss-representing the dragon. In fact.... His actual post:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5661001

It was posted on Nov 13 2011.

And since then, he has indeed stopped erasing dragon history.

And.....

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7588573

So my own view is, how deadlines are shown is going to change again and given TJ's actual statements on the subject, I find it highly likely that the end result is going to be no deadlines at all, unless something like a toggle (or the BSA) was worked out and enjoyed broad enough support to convince TJ to implement it. So I always find it humorous to listen to the deadliners tell others to deal, because I'm pretty sure that eventually deadlines are going to vanish completely. And the lineage side is going to be telling the deadliner's to "deal".

In short, the deadliner's unwillingness to compromise at all is, I'm pretty sure, going to result in deadlines going extinct. Which is a shame because I like many deadlines. But as they say, thems the breaks! wink.gif

Cheers!

C4.

Only read this page and haven't read the whole, but I don't think I need to. All I have to say is this:

You drop it to the ap? Well too bad for you, not your egg anymore and you don't get to control what happens to it. Or the way the new owner views the lineage.

The end.

Edited by dothefreddy

So Fuzz, what you are saying is that you do NOT consider the lineage as part of the dragon?

That is where I disagree with you. I DO think the lineage is part of the dragon. The most important part, in fact. Otherwise its just a picture no different from any other dragon of the same breed on my scroll.

And people are going waaaay overboard with the programming aspects of the whole "freeze". TJ doesn't have to save a single extra thing to implement this. Why? Because he already records exactly what is needed: The current status of a dragon, its lineage (which he's stopped erasing), its time of birth, and its time of death. (ok so he'd have to add one single little column to the database for the view options, but that's still adding a negligible amount to the size of the database.)

Any half decent program / programmer can, based on certain values (ie, show dragon's lineage as it was when the egg was laid) show a lineage EXACTLY how it was at the time the egg was laid. An example:

Program looks at current status of toggle: Toggle is to show lineage as originally was. So!

It looks at all the dragons in the lineage (their full entry in said database), and if Dead Dragon A died before the breed date of the egg, a tombstone and no more lineage is shown. If Dragon B died after the breed date of the egg, the full lineage is shown.

TJ is a good sight better than "decent". He's quite good, actually, to judge from the game. If I can see multiple easy ways this could be done using a database (and I'm an amateur database programmer), then I'm sure he can think up dozens of easy, non-laggy / non-size-intensive ways to do it.

Besides which, TJ is on record as saying he finds deadlines (and their erased history) as miss-representing the dragon. In fact.... His actual post:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=5661001

It was posted on Nov 13 2011.

And since then, he has indeed stopped erasing dragon history.

And.....

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showt...dpost&p=7588573

So my own view is, how deadlines are shown is going to change again and given TJ's actual statements on the subject, I find it highly likely that the end result is going to be no deadlines at all, unless something like a toggle (or the BSA) was worked out and enjoyed broad enough support to convince TJ to implement it. So I always find it humorous to listen to the deadliners tell others to deal, because I'm pretty sure that eventually deadlines are going to vanish completely. And the lineage side is going to be telling the deadliner's to "deal".

In short, the deadliner's unwillingness to compromise at all is, I'm pretty sure, going to result in deadlines going extinct. Which is a shame because I like many deadlines. But as they say, thems the breaks! wink.gif

Cheers!

C4.

I don't see why deadlines would be extinct - but even so - loads of people would probably be trying to look at loads of different lineages originating from the same dragons... that has to be a strain.

That said - if tj says showing incomplete lineages is misrepresentation - so is freezing the lineage the way you have it and looking at THAT, if something is later killed off. The dead one is still dead.

I am (thank god) NOT my mother, and even less am I my grandmother. I am me. That is what I mean when I say the dragon is not the lineage. If I could be descended from someone else, I would be like a SHOT. xd.png

Sure I'm a deadliner and I bitterly regret the change we have already had (which has actually pretty much stopped me bothering !) That aside - I really don't mind if this happens or not, though I hope everyone ends up happy (some chance of THAT !) I breed most of my own important lines from my own dragons to make sure everyone stays alive. But while I know TJ is practically god in terms of programming, I think there are other things that are more important.

(snip)

I don't see why deadlines would be extinct - but even so - loads of people would probably be trying to look at loads of different lineages originating from the same dragons... that has to be a strain.

That said - if tj says showing incomplete lineages is misrepresentation - so is freezing the lineage the way you have it and looking at THAT, if something is later killed off. The dead one is still dead.

(snip

Re the strain: Only TJ can state if it would be too much, because he's the only one who knows his database. Databases are BUILT to do this kinda thing, its what their designed function is. So, how about leaving the server strain out of it and focusing on the rest? Since not a single one of us except TJ can make an accurate statement on what the database can and can't do.

While the lineage view does currently show if a dragon is alive or dead, why should it? Its a diagram of the dragon's ancestry, and just because a dragon has been killed doesn't mean it didn't exist. No matter what, if you clicked on a dragon's image in the lineage, it would STILL go to a tombstone on the dragon's view page.

So how is not explicitly stating if a dragon is dead or alive misrepresenting it? The dragon still at one point in time existed, even dead it still has its code because IT EXISTED AT ONE POINT IN TIME. It had to, how else could it have produced the still living dragon?

I'd be fine with some sort of notation in the place of a dragon's name / code that indicated if it was alive or dead. But removing a dragon's image and its ancestors images from the lineage view because its dead is like burning the photo of your great-grandparent and wiping their ancestors out of your lineage because they are dead.

In short, since the dragon at one point in time produced your dragon, it therefore existed. Treating it as if it never existed (which is what current deadlines want) is the misrepresentation.

Cheers!

C4.

cyradis4, I truly hope it would be as easy to code as you say. Even if it wasn't, though, the "freeze lineage" thing should be. I mean, in theory it'd mean even less work for the database, as a dragon with a frozen lineage is a lineage that the system doesn't constantly need to keep checking for updates on.

I figure it'd be a standard BSA, available on everything, irregardless of growth stage:

Preserve Lineage: Preserves the current records of this dragon's lineage. Future changes to the lineage, such as the death of ancestors [possibly also "or the changing or loss of names"] will not be shown. This action is irreversible.

Another interesting idea to consider... would it also "freeze" Nocturnes / Zombies into displaying as they were at the time of freezing? I think it wouldn't, since those are standard changes that you already accepted at the time of getting the dragon, but if they were frozen in certain forms it would make for some real interesting lineages with them!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

The point of the lineage viewer is to show the ancestors of a certain dragon, the current state of how things are, the breed, name and other characteristics of the parents/grandparents/etc. What's the point in the whole option if, as a result of this suggestion being implemented, it would display *false information* having to do with the ancestry? It kinda contradicts the whole purpose of the viewer, I think!

And not only do some of you want to give users an option to change the way a lineage is displayed for themselves, you are implying that this setting should affect *others*. Seriously, how does that make any sense?

And yeah, I have to agree that "dragon" doesn't equal "lineage" at all. By changing the state of dragons that have offsprings, people do not affect *dragons* of others, they only affect lines.

My ancestry is mine, but I am not it. I'm an individual who has parents, grandparents etc. but that doesn't make them belong to me, lol.

If my mother decides to change her name on paper, I don't see how it would be fair of me to disregard that change and claim her name to still be the same, and on top of that to make people around think that way. I don't like providing real life analogies, but I guess it's somewhat similar to this. If something in a dragon is changed, then I think it would only be fair if that info was updated on the lineages of its offsprings, otherwise the lineage view feature ends up providing outdated intofmation about it, it falsifies it.

Edited by ZzelaBusya

Would this mean that if I traded for this

http://dragcave.net/lineage/73DVe

(as an egg; I'm not stupid - I can breed another) the person who got it would never be able to see the lineage ?

Because I was working up to this for AGES and then the deadline thing was changed. I did it partly to see if - after the time was up - it would show as inbred. Now I will never know. But I'd love to have one that would stay as this looks without the previous lineage showing !

i would think if the codes of the dragons remain after the 2 week period (when they would have normally been scuttled), then yes it would show as inbred because the checker programs are looking for codes and finding repeats.

i would think if the codes of the dragons remain after the 2 week period (when they would have normally been scuttled), then yes it would show as inbred because the checker programs are looking for codes and finding repeats.

Oh. I had always hoped, you see, to make it a TOTAL deadline and see if THEN it didn't - given that the lineage of deads was expunged together with their names.

I wonder if there is anyone with an inbred deadline from before the change who can check this ? Nothing to do with whether or not one wants this - I'd just love to know if it WOULD have worked, see smile.gif

It has always been that you are only allowed to control what happens to dragons that are physically on your scroll. You cannot control what is on someone else's scroll. If you have a dragon for whose lineage is made up of dragons that live on other people's scrolls, you have no control over that dragon's ancestry. In other words, you have absolutely no control over what happens to any of that dragon's parents (or grandparents, etc.) that you do not physically own. You can only control the dragons that you own and any of the children that you personally keep. So if you want 100% control over a dragon's entire lineage, then you must own every single one of those dragons on your scroll.

The point of the lineage viewer is to show the ancestors of a certain dragon, the current state of how things are, the breed, name and other characteristics of the parents/grandparents/etc. What's the point in the whole option if, as a result of this suggestion being implemented, it would display *false information* having to do with the ancestry? It kinda contradicts the whole purpose of the viewer, I think!

And not only some of you want to give users an option to change the way a lineage is displayed for themselves, you are implying that this setting should affect *others*. Seriously, how does that make any sense?

And yeah, I have to agree that "dragon" doesn't equal "lineage" at all. By changing the state of dragons that have offsprings, people do not affect *dragons* of others, they only affect lines.

My ancestry is mine, but I am not it. I'm an individual who has parents, grandparents etc. but that doesn't make them belong to me, lol.

If my mother decides to change her name on paper, I don't see how it would be fair of me to disregard that change and claim her name to still be the same, and on top of that to make  people around think that way. I don't like providing real life analogies, but I guess it's somewhat similar to this. If something in a dragon is changed, then I think it would only be fair if that info was updated on the lineages of its offsprings, otherwise the lineage view feature ends up providing outdated intofmation about it, it falsifies it.

ZzelaBusya:

When talking about your own lineage, do you pretend that your father doesn't exist? Do you claim that your mother had an immaculate conception? That you HAVE no biological father?

If the answer is "no", then I must ask: Why do you insist that your dragons do just that?

No, you are not JUST your lineage. But it is part of you. Your genetic material came from both your father and your mother, and theirs came from their grandparents. In short, while you are more than your lineage, your lineage is still a significant part of you. (I won't get into how much a part, that's a whole nature vs nurture argument and beyond the scope of this thread. Besides scientists still haven't worked out how much of each of us is in our genetics and how much in how we were raised).

Names are neither here nor there, in my opinion, and are a minor detail of this suggestion which can be worked out. Using the current name of the dragon makes sense, even if it is dead. Because you are right, its name did change (which BTW is a relatively new change, how well I remember when names could not be changed). And hey if instead of a name, there was (deceased) and said dead dragon's ancestors were still shown (and the dead dragon's breed picture), I think everyone on the lineage side of the fence would be happy. And hey if you wanted the link to the dead dragon removed from its picture? Sure! Definitely a negotiable part of this idea (and similar ideas).

The death of a dragon can't change that it, at one point, existed, and that the owner of the offspring knew it existed. That it and its parents did indeed exist, and had names and codes. What you want to do is pretend that those parents and grandparents never existed.

You are also getting caught up in what people are saying about saving "images" of the lineage (your comment about inaccurate information), and for a database, saving a picture is far, far, far more space intensive than saving a few bits of text. And really, saving an actual picture would be going against what a database is designed to do. Which means, even if this were implemented, the current names would almost certainly be shown because doing it otherwise would be pointless. But again, that is a detail that could easily be worked out and changed.

So, where is the disinformation? From what I've seen in such topics in the past, the names would be the current ones. Or a placeholder like "deceased".

C4.

PS: The change in my scroll would only affect people who got eggs from me. Ie, you could trade all the deadlines you wanted, and so long as the line was dead before you traded it, it would show as dead.

If you killed it after it died, then yes I should have the right to restore the lineage of my dragon when viewed from my dragon's lineage.

Your dragon's lineage is still gone.

But I can view mine in all its glory, because I got it before you killed your dragons.

Edited by cyradis4

It has always been that you are only allowed to control what happens to dragons that are physically on your scroll. You cannot control what is on someone else's scroll. If you have a dragon for whose lineage is made up of dragons that live on other people's scrolls, you have no control over that dragon's ancestry. In other words, you have absolutely no control over what happens to any of that dragon's parents (or grandparents, etc.) that you do not physically own. You can only control the dragons that you own and any of the children that you personally keep. So if you want 100% control over a dragon's entire lineage, then you must own every single one of those dragons on your scroll.

Right on.

OT - but this was a deadline made from dragons on my scroll, bred for this purpose. I would still love to know if it would have worked if the goal posts hadn't moved so close to the end... sad.gif I would never have passed on an offspring without the warning that it was 25th gen and one of the most inbred in the whole game (as cited by a fan site owner last year - not just the NUMBER but the pattern, I was told :xd.png )

When talking about your own lineage, do you pretend that your father doesn't exist? Do you claim that your mother had an immaculate conception? That you HAVE no biological father?

Please stop.

No, I am not pretending that someone in my ancestry doesn't exist. But people who kill dragons to form lines do not end up doing that either, and what I mean is - if a dragon is dead, this characteristic of it is displayed in the lineage, and nowadays if you go to its page, you will be able to view it and see its lineage with no problem.

If killing a dragon meant implying the dragon doesn't exist, then the dragon would end up disappearing from the lineage altogether. That isn't happening, all that does is that its status on the viewer gets updated accordingly.

Guys, the lineage *viewer* is not a lineage *builder* after all, it just displays the info. /shakes head

Right on.

OT - but this was a deadline made from dragons on my scroll, bred for this purpose. I would still love to know if it would have worked if the goal posts hadn't moved so close to the end... sad.gif I would never have passed on an offspring without the warning that it was 25th gen and one of the most inbred in the whole game (as cited by a fan site owner last year - not just the NUMBER but the pattern, I was told :xd.png )

I don't know, fuzz.

I strongly suspect that yes, it would have worked.

Why?

Because TJ was deleting the dead dragons and their lineage information from the database (code and all!). So, with the dead dragon literally wiped out of existence, there would be no way for a lineage checker to see said non-existent dragons.

*shrug*

I don't have any proof of this, the only deadlines I have that are old enough to have been wiped I have no proof of being inbred.

As an amusing aside (and a point to ZzelaBusya proving that deadlines did indeed treat the dead dragon as non-existent), there are several dragons out there with impossible lineages. Because when a dead dragon was wiped from the database, it still had children which had the dead dragon's code in their database profile. And then when a new dragon came along, and was randomly given the dead dragon's code, the lineage page linked to the new dragon instead of a tombstone. I don't remember which dragons it was, but I've seen the lineage link of them. It was like, for example, a white dragon having a Neotropical dad and a Gold mom.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

It has always been that you are only allowed to control what happens to dragons that are physically on your scroll. You cannot control what is on someone else's scroll.  If you have a dragon for whose lineage is made up of dragons that live on other people's scrolls, you have no control over that dragon's ancestry. In other words, you have absolutely no control over what happens to any of that dragon's parents (or grandparents, etc.) that you do not physically own.  You can only control the dragons that you own and any of the children that you personally keep.   So if you want 100% control over a dragon's entire lineage, then you must own every single one of those dragons on your scroll.

That's contradictory. You have no control over what happens on other's scrolls... Yet you can change how they view their dragon's lineage records? Hate to break it to you, but... that's controlling what happens on someone else's scroll. The lineage of my dragons is a part of my dragons. You have no right to edit those records on me.

This suggestion would NOT control other people's dragons. It maintains MY lineage records, a part of MY scroll. It doesn't stop you from killing / releasing / renaming / unnaming your dragon in the slightest. It simply prevents you from making changes to how I view things I now own. You let them leave your scroll--you gave up your right to control them.

The idea reduces the control people have over others. It doesn't give more.

Hate to break it to you, but... that's controlling what happens on someone else's scroll.

No, it isn't. Because the lineage doesn't take place on your scroll, except the parts (dragons) of it that you own.

No, it isn't. Because the lineage doesn't take place on your scroll, except the parts (dragons) of it that you own.

The lineage is a record of a family tree. A record I own. You being able to take it away is the equivalent of a dog breeder choosing to burn their records and consequently making the purchased pedigree papers of someone who bought a dog from them, records safely tucked away in their own home, magically explode. Or a father dying and someone utterly forgetting who their grandparents were because of it. :/

Gettin' real tempted to make a "remove deadlining" suggestion instead. I have nothing against deadlines in general, but if people don't want to compromise for the other side than so be it. If you don't care that I can lose my special lineages, why should I care for yours? They don't make sense for the above reason anyway.

I don't know, fuzz.

I strongly suspect that yes, it would have worked.

Why?

Because TJ was deleting the dead dragons and their lineage information from the database (code and all!). So, with the dead dragon literally wiped out of existence, there would be no way for a lineage checker to see said non-existent dragons.

*shrug*

I don't have any proof of this, the only deadlines I have that are old enough to have been wiped I have no proof of being inbred.

Thanks - that figures. I wish I had worked that bit faster on IT, rather than on my grey 8th gen...

I still live in hope of a compromise here...

Thanks - that figures. I wish I had worked that bit faster on IT, rather than on my grey 8th gen...

I still live in hope of a compromise here...

I'm in favor of a compromise, because in truth I like deadlines just like I like regular lineages, and feel they should have a place in the game just like regular lineages.

The problem is....

One side is insisting that:

- All deaths remove the dead dragon and its ancestors from the lineage view, no if ands or buts.

- if it destroyed your lineage, which you worked hard on / paid a high price for / were attached to / had a reasonable expectation that it would stay intact because of an agreement YOU made, tough. Sucks to be you. Basically, I don't care in the least that my actions are hurting you.

The other side wants:

- to be able to see the dead dragon's picture, and the links to its ancestors, in their dragon's lineage so long as the dead dragon was alive when they got their dragon.

- to have some protection that the lineage of their dragon, which they are attached to, won't be irrevocably destroyed.

- to prevent other people from maliciously and with pre-meditated forethought from destroying something they worked hard on / were attached to. (or just accidentally destroying it, not even knowing that they were hurting someone else)

The current method doesn't help either side, the lineage views are still being destroyed and the deadliners don't like it because people can always see past the tombstone now.

In short, unless the deadliners are willing to budge off of "all lineages destroyed, no one can ever see past the tombstones, no compromises ever!", then there isn't a compromise possible. To negotiate, both sides have to be willing to compromise.

You and I, I feel we could work out a suitable compromise that is fair to both sides. And seeing as how you liked the Research BSA, we've already reached one.

Cheers!

C4.

@ Fuzz: This is how a deadline turned out, with no way for any checking program to see passed the stones. http://dragcave.net/lineage/V8TtF

Deadlines can't be made any more, only another form of lineage-with-a-hole.

----------------------------------

I can't see any point at all in toggling things on and off.

That is every bit as disingenuous and misrepresentative as was said about deadlines. In fact moreso.

If you want to be realistic, then all lineage elements should remain intact but with 'deceased' added to the name of the dead dragon.

(But then, what else in DC is realistic.)

Edited by Shamiir

@ Fuzz: This is how a deadline turned out, with no way for any checking program to see passed the stones. http://dragcave.net/lineage/V8TtF

Deadlines can't be made any more, only another form of lineage-with-a-hole.

So it would have shown him as not inbred. Though - do you know if there was any inbreeding in that one ? It shows on AOND as genuine 4th gen.

I know they used to display that way, but well, I think it's moot anyway, given the info from c4. I'd forgotten about recycled codes.

I have a few that were done from siblings and they all display the same. They can't be read as inbred because the info is gone. I can't even tell which were the siblings now.

Was looking at the link C4 provided from way back (I was pretty ill and not playing at that time lol) and found this:

From Fuzz in reply to TJ:

I like the idea of being able to SEE it - but I can see Saloiq's point. Maybe if it were accessible to view it when you click on the tombstones, but not when you just did a routine lineage VIEW ?

rofl rofl rofl. So....

- All deaths remove the dead dragon and its ancestors from the lineage view, no if ands or buts.

- if it destroyed your lineage, which you worked hard on / paid a high price for / were attached to / had a reasonable expectation that it would stay intact because of an agreement YOU made, tough. Sucks to be you. Basically, I don't care in the least that my actions are hurting you.

Who said this ever? No one has said it that I'm aware of... Dead dragons have their ancestors removed anyway currently and sometimes when they still have names, you can still click them to view their ancestors...so they aren't gone forever.

No one said THAT either. They said that lineages are out of your control unless every dragon is fully owned by you. Since an ancestor is someone else's, if they kill their own dragon, that's THEIR decision to make. No one said "sucks to be you" OR that they didn't care that they hurt you.

We said that you accept pretty lineages at your own risk, and if something happens, you will have to deal with it because that other dragon isn't yours. But no one ever used that language you described.

Honestly, i'm really disappointed in this being brought up by the same people all over and over again, especially since TRADE VALUE seems to be one of the driving factors.

If you want perfect control over the whole lineage, build everything yourself.

if it is supposed to be high-gen, just take your time.