DigitalGarden

Nhiostrife Wyverns breeding plans

I'm loving the bleeding moons and royal blues. (I'm a sucker for breeding royal blues anyway).

Hmmm what about a female hellfire? Her blue might look nice with the blue in the new ones =)

She's on the first page actually. I don't like the pairing much...

user posted imageuser posted image
Edited by edwardelricfreak

Oh, you're right. I must've missed her. Her blue is much more teal..not very good at all, imo. Hmm...I still haven't seen a pairing a truly that fond of, other than the ice lol

I love the idea of Nhiostrife x Trihorn.

Thunder x Nhiostrife is a fantastic pairing as well. happy.gif

*plans to try both when hatchling matures*

I'm going to go with the sunsongs since they brighten the Nhios up. Gives a day and night effect.

They look great with greys, but I don't try to make checkers with new x old dragons anymore. It's nearly impossible. dry.gif

I'm going to go with the sunsongs since they brighten the Nhios up. Gives a day and night effect.

Oooohhh, That looks SO pretty!

I can't understand the love of Sunsong with them. I understand that contrast is good, and yellow and purple are complementary colors, but the Sunsongs overpower the duller colors of the Nhiostrife, and the purple clashes horribly. Sunsongs are also just complete already, so it's hard to make them work with much of anything other than maybe another dragon that is made of complementary colors. Nhios unfortunately don't fit the bill and are overpowered by the powerful colors of the Suns.

I like Grey, Guardian, and Bleeding Moons with them because they share subtle, duller tones and the two reinforce each other without overpowering each other.

For contrasting stuff, I like Brimstone and Turpentines because somehow they have the "right shade of yellow", I guess? Again, they don't overpower each other, but complement each other and they just look nice. I'm really not sure why I don't like Golds with them, though? Brimstones are all-yellow, too, but the Golds just look too washed-out and cold next to the Nhios I guess. Brimstones are just warm enough from their shading to withstand the cooler, dull Nhios.

I love them with Ice and Thunder, I might do a lineage with all 3 breeds cool.gif

They also look good with Bleeding Moons although I have horrible time getting anything other than Bleeding Moons when I breed them with another species. Out of 33 successful breedings with BBWs I got 32 Bleeding Moons so I don't plan on doing more lineage projects with them. dry.gif

user posted image x user posted image

Why did you have to share this with me? *shakes fist* I already have a shadow walker project I'm behind in. Dx

Edit: Just for fun:

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Flaviel - yes I can confirm they are breeding like bunnies :'D

We could totally do offspring swaps and make huge checker lineages. o:

o3o Yes. Totally this. Some of my hatchies will grow up tomorrow so I'll start working on something. :3

And what about some alts?

user posted imageuser posted image ... okay, this one is here for lols.

Edited by Light Concorde

I was going to suggest Shadow Walkers but then totally forgot. They look fantastic, especially the purple (Nakase's?) alt. c:

As for the other alts, the Sweetlings, Cavern lurker, and Corteo's alt Arsani look pretty great. I'm uncertain about Walker's alt and I already mentioned the purple SW.

I like the gold and the sunsong pairings to be honest. I am also very fond of the tangar pairing.

I'm not sure how I feel about all the gray themed dragons paired with them. Yeah, some of them, like the storms, look ok in a single pairing but I fear would get a little tiring in a larger lineage. I will also admit that I don't like the alt black pairing at all. The nhios are so detailed and the alts are large and fairly simple it creates too stark a contrast between them. Also, I am not fond of that shade of black with the nhios. Ironically, I am not too fond of the turpentine pairing with them either(despite my obvious bias).

Edited by Nectaris

Yeah, the purple shadow walker is very pretty with them, but I admit I actually really like the regular, too. And I do like Walker's with these, although Cort's is actually also very nice. I can't decide whether I like the cavern lurker's with them or if I just like the cavern lurker alt. xD

These looked cooler in my head. xP

Yeah, the purple shadow walker is very pretty with them, but I admit I actually really like the regular, too. And I do like Walker's with these, although Cort's is actually also very nice. I can't decide whether I like the cavern lurker's with them or if I just like the cavern lurker alt. xD

These looked cooler in my head. xP

I like them with the dragon horse.

user posted image/user posted image

*squints* Hmmm, not as good as I hoped it might be....

*squints again* I think I like the Waterwalker combo best of those. Also really liked Nhios with Tsunamis...

Edited by Amazon_warrior

flamingos.. oh my gosh.

why do these look so good o.o

Editing 'cause I just figured out my plans for breeding:

I love this breed with flamingos SO FREAKING MUCH, so I'm gonna start with a checker between those two, and then work my way to an awesome little palette stairstep.

The stairstep is probably gonna be tricky as heck, but I wannnnnt to to do it SO BAD.. o.o It think it'll look really amazing. Basically, it's just female Nhio Wyverns paired against these bad boys, in order:

user posted image

... because I didn't realize how well I could go from red to blue with DRAGONS holy crud. If it doesn't work with Nhio's well, I'll probably keep going with it with some other dragon.. maybe whites or something idk. [or maybe just a black-tip o.o since it'd look REALLY COOL if I had him as a medium color eeeee~ too excited about this]

/excitement

Edited by ƒrozen

Ooh, those Shadow Walkers pairings are all pretty. o3o

Eep, I may have just died a little. Those are SO PRETTY. Ugh, curse my passion for lineages with holidays (particularly Valentine's dragons) and spriter alts... So much prettiness I can't get. D:

user posted imageuser posted image ... okay, this one is here for lols.

Ha, I want ALL THE BABIES from Hershel for the lols. Ever since I first saw him. xd.png

Lots of great ideas. I really like the Moonstone dragons with them. Really pretty. I also think the Two-headed Lindwurms look well!

Edited by DragonCavePlayer

^ Lol these are nice, I wish they could be compatible.

Such pretty spriters alts!

Yea, that's a hopeless dream. I can probably guarantee I'll never have a valuable trade to get one =P Closest thing I have is this AP find: http://dragcave.net/lineage/S8Q3h

Some spriters give away their 2nd gens for free, so it's not an impossible dream c:

"They do have a strange love for potatoes"

I'm tempted to breed them with seragamma wyverns just because I think their eggs look like potatoes.