TJ09

2013-11-30 - Late-November Release

Green Opals are also a lot easier to get - I've snagged three of them! And the Flutterbutts are still dropping and sometimes even staying for a couple of refreshes.

Again to the artist - WELL DONE!

Loving the new eggs, thank you TJ and Birdzgoboom for the new dragons.

For those of you having a hard time, I'll be breeding 2nd gens to give away once they grow up.

Is it just me or are Trihorns really easy to snatch right now? I misclicked two in a row. Hopefully the 5 hours waiting period goes by quickly so I can gift the CB Trihorns and then try to get a second new release. I'm happy with one, but I'd also like a second for a breeding pair.

That or my Yellow-Crown hatches first.

They've been really easy =o I'd also snatch them quite a bit from AP and throw them back as CBs too. Well I only do it cause usually I get bored of refreshing. >_>;

I've noticed they're either appearing more often or not getting scooped up as quickly - maybe both. They're my favourites so it's working out well for me. I really should be trying for more of the new release though - they're also beauties. happy.gif

Trihorns are my favorites as well, and thanks to this release I've added quite a few to my ever growing army. I look forward to seeing how well they pair with the Nhio's.

Syiren, check your PM...

I want to again thank TJ and Birdzgoboom for the great new egg...

Thank you again. Now that I'll have a breeding pair I can happily gift their offspring to others.

Thank you to TJ and Birdzgoboom again for these lovely new dragons. They may have been late, but at this point who cares? They were well worth the wait. happy.gif

They've been really easy =o I'd also snatch them quite a bit from AP and throw them back as CBs too. Well I only do it cause usually I get bored of refreshing. >_>;

I believe that now when we hatch ER eggs and toss them back into the AP, unless the hatchies lack enough Views to grow up on and the AP eggs are over 4 days, they wind up in the Wilderness as adults, and not on anybody's scroll, so I've stopped doing that. sad.gif

Darn it, Alpine's starting to slow down now, this at a time when when more people are on...

Bet it won't move at all this evening, when I can drop a misclick, and by which time I hope a gifted egg will have been picked up, so I have room to hunt...

Nobody has room to pick up eggs they don't want, although a lot of us do seem to be misclicking frequently to make up for it. laugh.gif

But at least the purty new eggs are still showing up. smile.gif

Beautiful! I just wish they had gendered spirtes. I already have 16 of the little guys, and girls. xd.png

Hmm... pretty. I like the purple color and the concept on the dragon breed.

Oops. I forgot about the new release eggs and didn't put them into a hatchery. tongue.gif

Wow these are gorgeous. I've only managed to snag one so far, hopefully I can grab another so I have a breeding pair. smile.gif

Wow these are gorgeous. I've only managed to snag one so far, hopefully I can grab another so I have a breeding pair. smile.gif

Hmm... Breeding pairs. I guess I should get another too.

Extra breed info here, whaaaat! And there's lots of it. (I got up early to post this...orz; )

Name: Nhiostrife Wyvern (a spin on “Neon/Neo Striped Wyvern”)

The original breed name was going to be Twister, but after the recent events in the Philippines, I decided to change the name. The sort name is still Twister though—that’s why it shows up where it does alphabetically on a person’s scroll. So either name is cool to call 'em!

Or, you know, Flutterbutts!

Personality: Nhiostrifes are passive and curious; they only fight when they absolutely have to. There have been a number of incidents in which farmers would go into their barns only to be greeted by a Nhiostrife all curled and cramped up where the other animals (such as cows or pigs) are, not having a care in the world. Because of their curiosity they tend to cause problems innocently, such as knocking through walls or eating something they probably shouldn’t (which will end up happening far too often throughout their lifetime). If they get in a bad mood, they can get very nasty, but once they’re not angry they feel bad about their behavior and do their best to make it up to whomever they may have upset or hurt.

Size: It varies between male and female. Males are generally larger than females. Females range between four to six feet in body length (not including tail), have a body height of five to seven feet, a wingspan of twelve to thirteen feet, and a buttwing span of six to nine feet. Males range between five to eight feet in body length (not including tail), have a body height of six to nine feet, a wingspan of thirteen to fifteen feet, and a buttwing span of eight to eleven feet.

For both genders, the tail easily adds another five to seven feet onto their body length.

Habitat: Most live strictly in areas with open air (mountaintops, open fields, etc) so they don't run into things when flying. Occasionally those with better eyesight will travel out of those general areas.

Weapons: Since they lack upper arms, their back legs are very strong. One kick or swipe of a foot can easily break through tough brick walls. They also have the ability to breathe an incredibly hot blue fire, but they generally don’t use it much.

Mating: Females don’t really have to do a thing when it comes to finding a mate—it’s all up to the males. A male Nhiostrife will put up a beautiful air display that is completely unique from all others in an attempt to charm a female. If a female is charmed by the male, they will become mates for life.

More stripes = more attractive. Most Nhiostrifes only have between 2 and 4 stripes, though. Very rarely is there a Nhiostrife with completely blue wings, but if there is one, he would have the pick of nearly any female in the vicinity.

Diet/Hunting: Nhiostrifes are omnivorous. When they eat meat, they usually hunt for sheep, deer, goat, and the like. They do have a strange love for potatoes, and an owner could probably make the wyvern do some pretty amusing things for one. They also like to eat berries and oranges.

Because of their general nearsightedness, Nhiostrifes have a great sense of hearing and smell. Even if they can’t see their prey when flying, they can hear or smell them and determine where they are before swooping in and catching their meal.

Anatomy/Etc: Muscular legs with big feet. Their nails curl similar to a bird of prey’s.

They are nearsighted and have two sets of wings—one near their shoulders and the other near their back legs. As a hatchling, they only have one set of wings, making it impossible for them to fly because they cannot balance themselves in the air. If an adult Nhiostrife loses the ability to use its hind wings, it will lose the ability to fly forever unless the wings heal. This main need for a second set of wings comes from the Nhiostrife’s eyesight and a less-than-stellar sense of depth when flying. With this added set of wings, they're able to keep themselves completely stable in the air and make quick turns that may take other dragons more time to do. Being able to make sudden turns and twists helps counteract their nearsightedness.

Concept art: You can find the concept art here!

I was just going to tell people about this post by the Nhiostrife Wyvern's Spriter, but thought, what the heck, just post the quote... so here it is...

Thanks again, Birdzgoboom...

@Horse2000... Check your PM...

Edited by Husky51

Nice dragons, thanks TJ and spriters. Too bad I missed the release. Guess IN have to try and grab some at some point.

Nice dragons, thanks TJ and spriters. Too bad I missed the release. Guess IN have to try and grab some at some point.

Ceiyru, check your PM...

Thank you, TJ for giving me the opportunity to grab a bunch of these eggs and also to gift a few...

Mine are about to gender (hurry up!). I like to be surprised, so I still haven't looked at TJ's dragons, and it hasn't been spoiled for me this time. Gonna stay away from the click-sites until my dragons grow up tomorrow - I can't wait to see what the grown ones look like!

I caught another, and I was actually pretty surprised they were still dropping that frequently. It's been quite a few days.