TJ09

2013-11-30 - Late-November Release

It's just a guess, based on the colors and where they fall in the breed sort -- listed between Turpentine Dragon and Ultraviolet Dragon.

Edited by purplehaze

there is also a completed dragon thread. some may remember it from there if they had seen the sprites on there. not saying they were there but its possible.

but i agree with purplehaze. it seems a plausible possible name based on those facts.

just got #7. had to wait for stuff to hatch. the first ones i caught can hatch in 10 hours. i think i might stop at 4 pairs.

Edited by spring_dragon

Why is everyone calling them twilight dragons? No-one even knows the name until one grows up. And I thought the spriters weren't supposed to reveal this stuff.

We typically make a name up until the actual name is released.

Ex; Blu-Sangs were Brine dragons

Hmm...anyone else think the "Twilight" dragon will look like the avatar that birdzgoboom has on the wiki?

Hmm...anyone else think the "Twilight" dragon will look like the avatar that birdzgoboom has on the wiki?

I highly doubt it. That dragon is a blue amphiptere, whereas these guys are purple and have hind legs as well as two sets of wings, making them some sort of wyvern.

I highly doubt it. That dragon is a blue amphiptere, whereas these guys are purple and have hind legs as well as two sets of wings, making them some sort of wyvern.

Hmm, true, I dunno, for some reason in my mind it looks like an alternate version or something to me ._.

They actually look like a lindwurm.

i grabbed my four, one of each gender for me, one for my fellow imagineyouricon mod and one to gift my girlfriend. uwu

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be an amphitere. There are wings instead of forelimbs, and the hindlimbs of the hatchling seem to change in a second pair of wings when maturing. (just like a skywing, which is an amphitere) So my guess would be some kind of amphitere and not a wyvern, like everyone seems to think.

Can't wait to see these babies grown up.

It'd be kind of lame if they revealed what it's supposed to look like on the Wiki. Makes it less of a surprise.

However I seem to doubt that image is related to this dragon, so I'm still pretty excited to see the final adults.

I can't believe how hard it is to get one... Still stalking the Cave and have as yet to catch one sad.gif Hopefully they aren't too rare and when all the chaos is over I can catch a few smile.gif

They actually look like a lindwurm.

Lindwurms have front legs, not hind legs, on DC. I know that on Wikipedia, examples of lindwurms and wyverns look awfully similar, but for the sake of DC I think lindwurms have forelimbs and no hind legs and may or may not have wings, and wyverns have hind legs plus wings but no actual forelimbs.

I'm getting the feeling this is going to be an amphitere. There are wings instead of forelimbs, and the hindlimbs of the hatchling seem to change in a second pair of wings when maturing. (just like a skywing, which is an amphitere) So my guess would be some kind of amphitere and not a wyvern, like everyone seems to think.

No, they still have hind legs. They are a bit hard to see, but the hind legs are definitely still there.

Edited by edwardelricfreak

HMMM, still no cracks on my eggs-- did anyone see TJ's hatch?-- did they go through the progression or just pop out?

( a programming omission perhaps?)

yes < Ruby Shoes,thanks, just saw that-- usually 1200 views is much further along---

but as long as they hatch I'm OK laugh.gif

Edited by dragonpuck

HMMM, still no cracks on my eggs-- did anyone see TJ's hatch?-- did they go through the progression or just pop out?

I looked through the fan sites and finally found some on Dragon Dump that had a stage 1 and another with a stage 2 crack - the number of views/unique views were a bit high (so I'm thinking these might be a breed that need more "views" than some of the others).

DP, at least you have some to wait for cracks on.... was busy putting on the Thanksgiving feast and weekend here and completely missed the release until today... Still stalking the Cave to get me one.... Going to live vicariously thru your scroll so I can enjoy the hatching wink.gif

They certainly had SOME of the intermediate stages. I saw them at 2 and at 5.

They seem VERY slow to crack, don't they.

I did just glance at yours and one of them finally has a stage 1 crack (none of mine have cracks yet either though).

You mean my old avatar? x'D Those are blue and black amphiteres. I wonder when that'll get updated on the wiki. ovo"

I'm glad more people have been able to grab these eggs! <3

Edited by birdzgoboom

You mean my old avatar? x'D Those are blue and black amphiteres. I wonder when that'll get updated on the wiki. ovo"

Congrats for the release! Will you post more about this guys once TJ's hatchies grow up?

Congrats for the release! Will you post more about this guys once TJ's hatchies grow up?

Thanks!

And yep, I definitely will! I've got quite a bit to share about these flutterbutts when his are all grown up.

And thanks for being awesome and gifting so many eggs to people <3

Glad I have a chance to congratulate you on your first in-cave dragons, and thank you 'in person' for these lovely new dragons!

And especially for the pretty purple!

*loves purple*

Im egg locked. six of the new eggs. I found these really easy to get, and the hatchlings are so cute!! I can't wait to see the adult. Is it just me, or does Dragon Cave have a ton of wyverns? xd.png

Good luck to everyone who havent caught any yet!

Yay I finally got one. I may or may not keep trying. Since they're here to stay I might just wait till everything calms down. XD