TJ09

2013-11-30 - Late-November Release

Not only. There was a Silver in the last hour drop! And plenty of Ices.

while I was egglocked I seen a cave born Gold egg I think I was just checking the bioms out seeing what eggs were up for grabs and I seen that one but off to catch these new babies I thinks and then off to study

"You must wait 2 more hours."

GAH. Goddamn misclikced eggs. I'm happy with my pair but I want to see what ELSE I can pick up!

Got gifted one off site so at least I will not miss out on this release entirely. Hooray.

Ahh, glad you finally got one Ashy. I know you've been trying since it was announced ;A;"

For once I got lucky and happened to log on at abt 1:10am DC time.  Got my six within 50 minutes, then egg-locked.  I gendered 3 male and 3 female and when this is over I will probably gift some of the bred eggs in the forums...  Depends on how much time before the Christmas Festivities starts...

Thank you TJ and Birdzgoboom, a new Spriter...

@Ayelidee

With me it was mostly luck.  I'm now further handicapped by a hand tremor that makes moving and holding the cursor over an egg rather hard to do...

My sympathy with the tremors...

If you aren't yet taking a mineral supplement, you might want to try that.

Spirulina, which contains a number of trace minerals, seems to help, if you have trouble finding a decent additional mineral supplement.

Whatever the health issue, the too-common shortage of essential minerals and symbiotic digestive gut bacteria, worsened by the chelation/essential gut bacterial-killing effects of Round-Up in GM foods, (which, increasingly, informed doctors recommend that people avoid, where still possible) increases a problem involving cells requiring various specific nutrients to function, and supplementation typically helps with issues such as those regarding neuromuscular control.

I mention this publicly because so many people have been developing related functional/digestive/auto-immune disorders, and this interferes with DC play.

More generally, thanks to TJ, the spriter(s) and Mods for bringing us another lovely dragon!

And congrats to birdzgoboom, our newest, (and evidently promising,) spriter!

Personally, I hope this will be a Common, and not something difficult for people to get later, as it seems as though a fair number of people are not having fun.

While some have time and energy to regard the more difficult/impossible Releases as a challenge, many play for fun and relaxation, to collect dragons, and I do think that those who are feeling discouraged should be permitted to express unhappiness without being, however mildly, effectively censured for this, as long as they aren't disparaging those more fortunate for being so.

TJ does need feedback to know if/when large numbers of people are not finding the game worth-while, and why, in case he'd like to take this into consideration during Releases, and he won't get it if too many people fail to publicly mention this where he's likely to notice.

Hey, new record! The minimum amount of people I saw were 90, cool.

Hourly drop coming up, get ready!

edit - Spotted a cheese, and since I'm egglocked I clicked on a new released egg, and it said I was overburdened. xd.png Guess nobody wanted it!

Edited by car340

Over 200 users when it got to the top of the hour o_O

Edit: Confusing post was confusing ...

Edited by DeathCry

Hey, new record! The minimum amount of people I saw were 90, cool.

Hourly drop coming up, get ready!

edit - Spotted a cheese, and since I'm egglocked I clicked on a new released egg, and it said I was overburdened. xd.png Guess nobody wanted it!

-prepares for the madness- I AM READY!!!! I think......

Well, I went and got myself egg locked last night before the release began. Hopefully my eggs will hatch soon so I can join the egg hunt. If not I can look forward to seeing 2nd and 3rd gens pop up in one of the trading threads.

Of all days to decide not to go online in the morning... oh well.

Thanks, TJ and birdzgoboom for the new dragon! smile.gif

Well..I've managed to catch one. I hope I can get atleast one more, for a male/female pair but idk if that will happen. I'm really grateful for new releases and this one looks very pretty <3

But I do wanna say that jeez the amount of lag with this is awful. I don't have the best computer out there, but I don't have the worst either. And especially at the latest top of the hour drops, I lagged so bad I couldn't even refresh or click to go to any other parts of the website. I had to close the tab and then it still took a few moments to load the site homepage up. For a minute, the alpine biome got stuck on 3 other random eggs (not the new release) and nobody was taking them, so I figured I'm not gonna be able to catch 4 more of the releases anyways, so I clicked to take one of those eggs to get things rolling again. I know I clicked it, but my page was just...loading..and loading..and loading...And eventually I just clicked to go back to the cave page, to refresh my alpine biome. I don't know if clicking to go to a different page while it's in the process of telling you that you caught an egg essentially stops you from catching that egg or what, cause I didn't get the random one.

Anyways I guess my point is just that, everyone wants to be able to catch the new releases when they come out..and I know since I've started playing on here, pretty much every new release I've seen people talking about how they can't manage to catch the eggs because the site is just so crowded and laggy and if you don't have great reflexes and a fast computer, it can be impossible to get even one. While I get this breed is alpine-only, it just seems to make the problem worse when on the release day, it's only available in one biome (making that biome even more crowded)...I don't think it should necessarily be easy for everyone to fill their scrolls at release time, like sure making it a challenge is fun, but I think everyone should atleast have a fair chance at catching one or two.

That said, the people on DC all seem like a pretty great community- everyone's friendly and there are even people and whole forum threads who are willing to give out new-release eggs to people who weren't lucky enough to catch any. So thanks for being so cool, guys happy.gif

Congratulations Birdz for becoming the Cave's latest Spriter to show off her work. It's always nice to have a fresh face joining the ranks of our esteemed and hard working DC artists. It is certainly not an easy or fast endeavor to create a new dragon and your efforts are much appreciated. Hopefully we'll see more of your work. Like so many have mentioned, we eagerly await viewing the adult dragon.

I caught my eggs last night X3 and it looks like the normal eggs are already mixing in.

-removed, take gifting/trade requests to the appropriate threads in trading.

Edited by rubyshoes

-removed, take trading to PMs/trading section threads- Edited by rubyshoes

Oh phooey, I'm egg locked with a speckle throat. >_< I'm hoping to catch more eggs to trade but it looks like everyone has got their share. Oh well, I can't wait to see the adult sprites smile.gif

Locked with 6 new eggs and a CB Silver from the Coast. happy.gif

Nice catch! I'm egglocked for another day. I wonder if these will be uncommon.

*Sign* Out of all the days there can be a release this is probaly the worst for me...now in a camp and I can't reach my laptop until I go home. Hope I can catch some on the release day still...

(Lovely hatchlings! Cannot wait to see them grow up though. tongue.gif)

Oh phooey, I'm egg locked with a speckle throat. >_< I'm hoping to catch more eggs to trade but it looks like everyone has got their share. Oh well, I can't wait to see the adult sprites smile.gif

Not everybody has their share, some people are still struggling, but the giant dogpile of catfighting in the biome Alpine has been cut down by a third. smile.gif

A new egg?! Wow, I only saw this by chance. biggrin.gif Thank you, TJ!

*running back to the mountains*

This is not going to happen until next year. Good luck to everyone still in the game ~

Hunting on the alpine. Just found out about the release oh... 30 mins ago? I don't check the forums often enough it seems. Thank you staff!