TJ09

2013-11-30 - Late-November Release

I don't see a single egg in the cave. sad.gif How often do they drop and when?

They drop in the alphine, but since many people are clicking them, they run out for a few minutes, then return again.

There's a good way to catch them - When the drop comes, hover your mouse over a slot, refresh until the new egg comes underneath, click click click!

I sometimes see only 4 blockers in the way when madly clicking and refreshing.

Doesn't work on all browsers. I have to press backspace and refresh otherwise it just shows the same eggs that were there before.

Edited by Ashywolf

I do everything I can to grab my six in the first hour of release because I know I have no chance once commons start dropping, and I have nothing valuable to trade for eggs I can't get. Everyone wants low gen prizes or CB Golda lol, and I just am not lucky enough to have those

I normally grab a seventh and gift it, but not this time, it was too difficult just to nab my three breeding pairs >.<

I only begin catching them when the commons drop!

(I was on before then, but had no chance whatsoever! Then in the confusion and misclicking of the first drop with commons mixed in, I nabbed nn egg, and it all went uphill from there!)

LOVE the new eggies! Can't wait to see what the dragons look like ohmy.gif and I really hope they're not rare cause I have a feeling I'm going to want to mass collect these beauties!

The alpine still has a lot of people

Alpine actually has more people now, then it did at midnight xd.png

I know the woes of a slow computer. In fact, my computer was 10 (yes, TEN) years old until I replaced it with this new shiny one a few weeks ago out of absolute necessity.

That being said, I was generally one of those people always trying to get put on a list to receive a new release. This is my very first one where I was able to experience what it felt like to have a fast connection and to catch eggs with ease.

My point is that I always managed to somehow get a new release egg, regardless of it was gifted or if I had to catch it myself in a few weeks time with my (VERY) slow connection. Complaining about my slow connection never helped matters and really, it's childish. Some kind soul out there will be willing to help you and then, you can do the same for others one day. I know I certainly have now that I have this nice computer.

Just be patient. I've had years of practice lol.

Edited by VictorianVivian

lovely lag we have. Yep, I'm done. Went to come back for this hour drop, nothings changed. So I hope people have better luck than me. See you guys.

Alpine actually has more people now, then it did at midnight xd.png

Really? Last night, the highest I saw it get was about 300 during the hour release.

The problem is people shouldn't HAVE to do that just to catch anything.

You do realize that people have been using tricks like that since the game has been in existence right? Back when there was only ONE cave - not a bunch of biomes - and far more people all hitting that one cave compared to the 200-300 hitting the alpine biome last night.

Having to do "stuff" like that has always been a part of the game for those people who wanted to hunt fast and efficient and get out of the way to make room for others. Learning to optimize my computer to hunt the cave was one of the early things I learned from another player when I started playing back in 2008.

You do realize that people have been using tricks like that since the game has been in existence right?  Back when there was only ONE cave - not a bunch of biomes - and far more people all hitting that one cave compared to the 200-300 hitting the alpine biome last night. 

Having to do "stuff" like that has always been a part of the game for those people who wanted to hunt fast and efficient and get out of the way to make room for others. Learning to optimize my computer to hunt the cave was one of the early things I learned from another player when I started playing back in 2008.

...I'm quite aware thank you.

Although I quit for a couple of years, I ALSO started in 2008 ¬¬

My problem is that the fact that they've had to do this in the first place instead of something being done to fix it.

Edited by Crobat

I dunno if it was just me but it froze up bad for a minute or two lol I misclicked a Golden Wyvern and saw a cheese in there for the first time in my life. That was cool.

I think the lag monster was everywhere : 4 minutes drop of which 3 of lags.

And of course no hope to get an egg for me. Sigh, I have been pointing my clock at 6 in the morning for 3 times in the hope that was the day of the release and of course it is the only day I was not at home before 5 pm sad.gif

I have to say I'm getting desperate. It usually takes me several hours to get egg-locked with new release, but this time I'm having bad luck. The eggs are super cute though and so are the hatchlings.

Edited by Jem4ujina

Was fine until :02, lag murdered everything from loading until :04, by then 2 refreshes and everything was gone.

Got one of them red and blue split eggs though. Dont think i have that breed yet. Yay me.

I dunno if it was just me but it froze up bad for a minute or two lol I misclicked a Golden Wyvern and saw a cheese in there for the first time in my life. That was cool.

Yeah it was down for about 1 minute.

Really? Last night, the highest I saw it get was about 300 during the hour release.

Eh, I was there just first five-ten minutes until I got my fill. During that time there wasn't so many of us, although we were also spread through the biomes.

...I'm quite aware thank you.

Although I quit for a couple of years, I ALSO started in 2008 ¬¬

My problem is that the fact that they've had to do this in the first place instead of something being done to fix it.

And how should TJ fix that? He can't change the way your browser works, he already blocked turning java script off, and still savvy people found way around it. This is a game, and in both game and real life it's perfectly fair to find advantages and then use it.

Maybe if you have plenty of friends on this game, they are willing/able to help you.

It's easy to be patient then.

Most of the time I have to fend for myself or do without, 'cause I'm just not close to anyone on this game.

Sucks to be a loner.

~Tara dry.gif

Have to agree with you there.

Have to agree with you there.

Good lord. Six people I just gifted today were no one I knew. And I know for a fact that other people do the same thing as we do. Really, good connections aren't that important. My first CB Blusang was gifted by a person with which I spoke a couple of times - she too saw that I didn't have one and gifted it out of the blue.

And, if you do not believe in that, hit the trading threads then. There's always new release force, abandon thread and loads of other gifting places.

OOOOHHHHHH I know exactly what they are and what they have to do with!

I wish I could tell you guys...

But anyway I'm gonna grab my telescope for a special event! I've got my "EYES ON" it!

user posted image