Rarek

Titans South

Which is promptly when Cinder came flying in the window, followed by a slightly hesitant Firenze. Firenze stared at all the people looking at him, and knew he had to make a good impression. Pushing away his shyness, he gathered himself up and said the most intelligent greeting he could think of; "Hi." He noticed people staring at his arm, and realized a current was starting. he quickly expelled it. "My name is Firenze, a the weasel attacking the pizza crust is Cinder,". He gave a small wave and the realized that everyone was staring at hi still, even the girl behind the sofa. Trying to break the silence, he said

"Pleased to meet you?"

Hana stepped back from the window as Starfire and the mystery visitor flew up to it. Starfire introduced the late comer and they ventured a greeting. As she was the nearest to them Hana gave a small wave of her own.

"Hello" she said, rolling on her feet slighty.

It seemed like the boy had some kind of electricity based powers, judging by the small spark that had appeared on his arm. Hana wondered what the first training was going to be like with such a large variety of powers available.

Luna immediately knew she liked the boy that was late when she saw his little pet weasel chomping away at the pizza crusts.

"Hi, I'm Luna." She said as she stepped forward.

"It's nice to meet you. A few of us already said what our powers were, so I'll go ahead and tell you what mine is. I'm a shape shifter. I can absorb DNA through touch and then alter my own to switch forms. See?" She said softly petting Cinder and then changing form to copy him exactly- the only visible difference being her eyes, which stayed their usual albino red color.

She skittered over to Cinder and gave him a greeting of her own.

"Hi, I'm Luna. It's nice to meet you." She said in a friendly manner to the pet.

Phe remained hiding behind the couch, making sure that her eyes were only visible. She didn't know what to make of the new visitor. He was scary and had a weasel. Phe didn't understand what a weasel was. She just knew that it apparently had sharp claws and craved pizza crust. She didn't like it. She slunk closer to the floor and used as a shield. She'd been brave enough for today. She couldn't take any more surprises or people at the moment. Maybe if she zipped down the corridor she could escape before they made her introduce herself. Then again she didn't want to be rude to the Titans. Phe flew quickly into the hallway across from her, flying at about fifty miles per hour.

She was the master of stealth and managed to slam into the sliding door before escaping into the dark corridor. She was safe here, that guy probably wouldn't bother pursuing her, which was good because she'd probably collapse inward if she tried to say anything.

As Firenze was greeted by the girl named Hana and the shapeshifter Luna, whom started chatting with Cinder, He noticed some movement behind the couch. Suddenly, a quick blur which he almost didn't catch zoomed down the hall. The door opened and closed, which startled Cinder. He sent a probe outward a felt a humanoid shape speeding down the hall. "It appears that I have scared one of your colleagues," Firenze said sympathetically. "Allow me to apologize," and without a word speed after the person, who was hiding in the hallway. He felt bad that he scared someone, especially when he had chickened out at the arena. He had been there the whole time, watching in the shadows. and, if it weren't for Cinder, he probably would not have followed the others to the tower. Maybe he didn't fit in, he thought.

Meanwhile, Cinder was enjoying here self. First she had delicious food, and now she had company from a fellow weasel! At least, she thought it was a weasel. There was something strange about her, but Cinder didn't mind. She enjoyed strange.

Edited by LeviathinGeneral

((Ryujin it is stated in the rules that you should PM your form to the OP. Rarek doesn't want forms posted in the topic.))

[Leviathin, Phe isn't hiding in a closet, she's just in the hallway. I didn't say anything about a closet. huh.gif ]

"Please go away… it's a lot of people here and I'm just searching for some space. Please go away, I'll be fine. It's not your fault… go away." mostly, she knew that she had limits on how many people she could handle in one room. She could get used to it, but she needed some time. The last thing she needed to do was burn down the Titan's Tower. She curled into her herself, holding her legs against her chest until it hurt, her arms visibly shaking. She'd been brave so far, but she wasn't sure she could hold out much longer. The words she said weren't even making sense to her anymore, they were just things that made people go away when she needed space. She could almost feel the fire cropping up all around her, like little weeds that would eventually take over the building and destroy it. Turn the whole thing into ruins where people pointed and stared. Phe tried to take some deep breaths, to lower her heart rate, but nothing worked. She could only handle so much at once.

Firenze stared at the huddled figure in the hallway, shocked that he had caused such distress. He could feel a plasma current gathering in the arm and quickly expelled, although he vaguely felt that he wasn't creating it. He went back in and closed the door behind him.

"Did I do that?" he questioned the others. "I may have come suddenly, but I meant no harm," Cinder, who had been sitting on the table, ran up his arm and sat atop his shoulder. He felt the scar stretching from below his eye to his wrist on his left arm, and recalled the last time he had tried to fit in. "Should I go?"

Hana, seeing that she wasn't really needed right now, sat down on the couch out of the way. It seemed the new arrival had caused Phe to panic again, but before anyone could explain to her she had run off. Firenze had sped off after her and Hana wondered if that was such a good idea. She looked blankly at the others but moments later Firenze returned, looking somewhat dejected.

"I think we just need to give her some time" said Hana when Firenze asked if he should leave. "I don't think she is used to dealing with people often, so she probably took a little fright. Perhaps we should let her calm down a bit."

She smiled and patted the seat next to her in a gesture of friendship.

"Why don't you come sit down? You must be tired travelling all the way here."

((As far as I can remember, the tower is on an island without any road access right?))

((Pretty sure that's right, yes. I'm gonna let a few more posts go by before the Titans interject.))

(True for titans west and east, but south isn't shown in the cartoon, so we can decide.)

Kami looked at the building in the distance, curious as to why it was shaped so strangely. Humans normally liked their buildings to be straight up with nothing else. This one was shaped like the English letter T.

Kami could see how that fit, this was a place for the Teen Titans, but still strange that it was shaped that way.

Looking down at the note she held again, the one given to her by that girl who called herself Argent, she looked around as though expecting to see a sign. Finally with a sigh she began to walk towards the tower. As her feet touched the ocean her eyes glowed blue for a moment before her whole appearance changed into a girl made entirely of water.

Calmly she walked out across the ocean and onto the island where she resumed her normal form and walked to the door.

Kami frowned up at the tower again, idly playing with a leather bag attached to her belt, then shrugged and clicked (whatever passes for a doorbell).

When it opened she calmly held out the note.

"I'm here to try out for the titans." She said in an Irish accent.

It took a second before she remembered what her teacher had told her, but she smiled after a second, still unsure why humans did this. It was so strange, their facial expressions, their hand gestures...

"Oh sorry I forgot." She said, thrusting her hand forward to shake. "Hello, my names Kami."

Edited by Ryujin13

[Yeah, but we're still in Jump City in the original Titan's Tower. So it's surrounded by water.

Nothing to post IC at the moment.]

Firenze sat down, and Cinder ran over to perch on his shoulder again. He stared down at the pizza and he realized he hadn't eaten since...no, he shouldn't think about that. There might be someone who can read his mind. As he reahced for a slice, a noise echoed out loud somewhere. Cinder jumped and then hid in the inside of his bomber jacket. "Is that the doorbell?" Firenze questioned the girl, Hana, beside him.

((A little careful next time Ryujin, saying someone opened the door could be potential powerplaying, which isn't allowed in the RP. I'll let it slide this time though, not to worry!))

Starfire, who had just settled back into the room, sighed gently and floated down to the other end of the room. "I'll get it."

She descended through the Tower's lift system this time, too tired to fly back down again. As she opened the door to the tower, she yelped as a note was thrust into her arms by a strange looking girl. She then introduced herself as Kami, and Starfire quickly put on a smile.

"Greetings, it is most enjoyable to have another one who wishes to participate in the Titans South program! Please, follow me!" She made a polite gesture and floated off back towards the lift, expecting the new arrival to follow. She looked back over her shoulder. "So, Kami, where have you come from? How long did it take to get here?" She asked out of simple curiosity more than anything, trying to make idle conversation as she entered the lift.

================================

Robin, who was back in the Titans' common room, took a minute to clear his throat. "Alright, while Starfire gathers the new arrival, perhaps a few more questions are in order."

Raven took that moment to interject. "I agree. You all seem so...nervous. Perhaps it would be useful for you all to better know who your teachers are."

Beast Boy also spoke up. "Yeah, we're here to answer anything you have to throw at us. We promise we won't bite!" He gave a large smile, as though it would help ease the situation in some way.

(Sorry I just thought it was a safe assumption that someone would answer the door so I left it open as to who would answer. Didn't think that it would be a problem.)

Kami looked around with interest at the inside of the tower as she followed, but returned her attention to the floating girl when asked about where she had come from.

"I..." Kami paused, considering her answer carefully. "It would take awhile to explain. But I've been on earth for a year or two, so I guess I'm coming from the place they call Ireland." She explained. "It didn't really take a long time to get here, I walk fast when I have to." She said, looking at the inside of the elevator as they went up. She didn't think it necessary to explain how she had walked across the Atlantic Ocean, especially since it wasn't strange to her at all. When she was shown into a large room where a number of other people lounged around, Kami calmly moved a lock of her hair from her eyes and moved to sit on a nearby chair.

Kami's eyes roved over the assembled group, watching them and more importantly their aura's. A lot of them had shards of the elements in them, which was interesting but not unheard of.

One, a large male with a white headband, was particularly interesting to her. He had a hint of her element in him, but it was corrupted slightly, less pure. Usually this meant one couldn't access the full range of an element, but overall it remained to be seen as Kami's powers didn't act in the same way in this world as hers.

When they were offered the opportunity to ask questions, Kami took time to pause and think on hers.

What did she want to know about these people? She wanted to know many things obviously, their powers, backgrounds, everything, but Kami had learnt that the people of earth didn't like to divulge to much about themselves. At her home she would have just done a quick tap and both sides would have known at least a small amount about each other, even if it glassed over more intimate details.

"Argent told me your names, but that doesn't mean I know who you all are." Kami said, her voice quiet but easily heard by everyone in the room. "All I know is that you are the Teen Titans and that you have made protecting this city your mission. Why? Why do that at all? I have listened to the wind and it says that only one of you were born in this city. The rest of you have no affiliation beyond circumstances. The rest of us decided to come here and attempt to do this in another location, but why did you do all this to begin with?" She asked curiously. Though the words on their own sounded almost condescending, in truth she was truly unsure of what the answer would be. To her it seemed strange that five strangers would randomly decide to stay together and protect the city without a good reason. Maybe they felt responsible for the city for some reason? Maybe they just made a group decision. She didn't know but she wanted to know. "I just want to understand why you decided to start this is all." She finished after a moment of silence.

Edited by Ryujin13

(I actually was replying when my internet crashed but i then forgot) Firenze stared at the newest arrival, marveling at her boldness. Yet how could he answer? He could not tell his whole story. "Some of us had no other option," he said. He then cleared his throat. "My turn," he said, preparing to ask the question he had wanted to during this time. "What are your goals for us?" he asked the Titans. He only knew that they were to be trained, yet he did not know what would happen after that.

((I haven't been posting because I don't think there is a lot for Hana to do at the moment.))

Phe had calmed down considerably now, but she'd been out of the room when Kami asked her question. So she didn't know that other girl was curious about their roots and various histories, but Phe wouldn't answer that anyway -at least not honestly. So she went to grab a bite of pizza, randomly picking whatever hadn't been gnawed on by the ferret, and sat down on the couch to eat. These new additions would have to be watched and monitored in case of -no, she couldn't do that to her teammates. This wasn't a villain team after all. There was a sort of uncomfortable pause, so Phe spoke up,"I'm sorry, can we all go to our rooms or separate? I'm not great with crowds, and I'm exhausted. I flew here last night and didn't get much sleep." mostly, she was scared that if someone did something she didn't expect, she would light the tower on fire. People typically didn't like it when she did that.

Firenze glanced over at the Titan who appeared to be in charge, Robin. "May I ask what is the sleeping arrangement? If we are to stay here, then I need to leave to retrieve a bag." He glanced at the others, hoping that they bought his story. Cinder was somewhere under couch, and he whistled for her to come. She jumped onto his arm and ran up it. "Also, may I ask if Cinder is allowed to roam?"

"We sleep over at the Arena" explained Hana to Firenze. "I guess that makes sense because we'll be doing all our training there. We're only here for a look around I guess."

It seemed everyone was starting to feel a bit worn out. Hana wondered if Robin would answer all of Kami's questions now or safe them for another time. To Hana it didn't matter too much about why the Teen Titan's decided to form. She figured they were just another group of people who wanted to protect people. That wasn't too hard to understand, was it?

"Okay. Thanks...Anna, you said? Firenze was having trouble understanding the way people spoke here for some reason. "I still need my bag however." To hide his nervousness he got up and paced back in forth. Cinder, who was now had acquired a taste for pizza, spotted a lone pizza crust sitting under a near by table. Leaping at it, Cinder grabbed it and ran under the couch, in doing so tripping Firenze, who fell straight down and banged his his head against the floor. So much for being normal, he thought.

Hana frowned slightly. She had yet to mention her name to Firenze and she was sure no one else would have told him. How did he know? Or not know, since he got it wrong anyway? Close enough guess for her to feel a little off put though.

She was beginning to wonder if this had been such a good idea. She had been so excited at being picked to train alongside the Titans, despite having no real battle experience, she hadn't even considered what it would actually be like. So far everyone seemed to just be mulling around, unsure and afraid. She had hoped things would be a bit more disciplined.

(Finally someone is picking up on this. I actually did that accidentally though. sorry.)