Rarek

Titans South

"It's okay" said Hana staring down at the remains of her plant. It had withered and twisted up into a burnt pile due to the fires, but thankfully Phe managed to put them out again before they spread any further.

"I don't fly much myself" she continued trying to reassure Phe. "I mostly take the bus everywhere. In fact this is my furthest I've been out of Gotham. What about you? Do you travel much?"

"Uh, yeah actually. I've been all over and beyond. I've kinda... been traveling my whole life. I can fly on my own, which would probably have been better, but I don't know where the tower is," Phe replied to Hana. "I was in Gotham once... I didn't really like it there. I promised never to go back for... personal reasons." she tried to avoid saying 'because I almost burned down half of Gotham because I was scared by Batman'. That would definitely reflect poorly on her. Not to mention everyone could probably hear their conversation right now. She would tell them about her past later. Maybe never, but definitely later.

Hana gave a small chuckle.

"Gotham can take people like that. A lot of people who come from other cities tend to say it's kinda gloomy and depressing, and they get put off with how many super villians are running about all the time. I guess you need to grow up there to be able to deal with it all. For us it's all pretty normal. And Batman keeps us safe."

She cocked her head to one side.

"So you've been all over? Ever been to Metropolis? I was supposed to go there last year as part of a day trip but our mini-bus got taken hostage. I got a lot of Superman postcards from the kids that did make it though."

[ugh, Rarek needs to get us there soon. This conversation is nice, but I don't want to shotgun...]

"No, actually. I've kinda avoided Metropolis because I was afraid that Superman would come after me if I accidentally burned something. I'm still working on controlling my powers, which is why I joined, and I was in even less control when I visited Gotham. I don't visit places with famous superheroes in it anymore because I don't want to be attacked," Phe explained to Hana. It was mostly true, she didn't want to be recognized and attacked. The encounter with Raven proved her point even farther, that if they knew then they would treat her as though she were there for a malicious purpose when she was not.

((Me too. Want to keep the RP alive though. Mine keep dying T-T))

Hana nodded in uderstanding.

"I can sympathise with that. I'd guess fire related abilities aren't something you can practise too well in most places. When I first worked out my powers I broke a lot of stuff. Took me a few attempts to stop my plants from crushing everything they got hold of."

She gave a little noncommittal shrug.

"I went through a lot of eggs."

She gave Phe a smile and clapped her hands together.

"This is a fresh start for all of us though. I'm sure if we work together, we'll all do okay. That's what being in a team is all about right? Helping one another?"

Phe looked away. She hadn't really thought about the others as much as herself for starting anew. She felt guilty for being so selfish. "Eggs? Why would you go through a lot of eggs?" she a curious now. Why would someone go through eggs like that? Was it to control her powers better? Phe wished she had that kind of mind to think about training her power better before just using it. The power she wielded terrified her just a little though. This was her whole mind acting out, making her start fires without meaning to. It was just how things progressed and her control lessened to a point where she needed help, and when she received it... she was twisted from her right path, made to see that fire could only cause pain. So she reveled in it... "Was it to keep the plants from crushing things?"

Hana nodded happily, pleased that Phe had worked out what she meant.

"Yep. I practised trying to pick eggs up without crushing them with my plants. They are really fragile so they break easily. It took me a few months, but once I got the hang of it I was able to move onto other stuff and eventually trusted myself with handling people. It was all baby steps, but totally worth it in the end."

((*lays a cookie trail for Rarek*)))

((Sorry everyone! The holiday season was very busy and jam packed for me, but it is coming to a close very soon. I'll be posting more regularly in a couple days time.))

Beast Boy had been watching out the window, seeming to mumble words and sounds to himself as though he were flying the plane. Then he grinned and hopped up out of his seat excitedly.

"We're here! Titans Tower!"

The great T-shaped tower whizzed past as they zoomed closer. At the same moment, Robin's voice came over the address system.

"We've arrived at the Tower. Everyone please keep your seat restraints firmly in place until we've landed. That means you too Beast Boy."

Beast Boy's jaw dropped as he retook his seat. "Sometimes I wonder if he's psychic something. He's holding out on us for his powers, I just know it!"

The Titans Dart flew around the back of the tower and entered a cave in the rocks beneath it. As the engines powered down, Robin spoke again.

"We've arrived at the Tower, but don't bother getting up..."

A bright light filled the entire inside of the Dart, turning blindingly bright. But as it subsided, they found themselves in the Titans' common room, the five Titans standing in front of them.

Robin gave a grand gesture around the room. "Welcome to Titans Tower."

As the jet landed in the tower and the whole group was seemingly transported into the tower's main room, Blitz simply let it happen with a placid and bleak expression. When Robin spoke, she took a long, deep breath. Her scrape was beginning to itch and she was so tired she could fall over and sleep right then. She hated fighting. It was quite inconvenient and uncomfortable. And perhaps that went back to the days at the orphanage where she felt alone and had not the intelligence to at least try to befriend others. The white-haired maiden's life would be very different if she had just tried. But no. She hid and cowered and cried about it until she finally couldn't take it anymore and her wall of filigree burned in rage.

While the girl thought of all this, the grandure of being in the tower was lost on her. Shifting positions and looking rather uncomfortable, she bit her lip and tried as hard as possible to hold it in, but she just couldn't. Blitz was practically bursting. "Where is the restroom?"

Starfire couldn't help but stifle a giggle at the young girl's distress. "Out the back door of the room, fourth door down the hall on the left, then the staircase to the..."

Raven just sighed as Starfire listed off a bunch of directions. "Just follow me. Try to keep up." She exited the back of the common room, looking back at Blitz through the open door, expecting her to follow.

Cyborg took the opportunity to chime in. "As for the rest of you, dig in! There's lots to go around!" He motioned to the Titans' built-in kitchen, where stacks of pizza lay waiting. Beast Boy's eyes nearly bugged out of his head and he practically dove into the pile, claiming an entire mushroom pizza for himself.

When Starfire, started to rattle off directions, Blitz tried to make a mental not of them, but was concerned that she simply would not be able to remember all of them. She was much better as remembering the location of a place she'd already been than finding it through directions. Thankfully, Raven offered to show the was and the teen followed. Though she wasn't the most long-legged, the time she'd spent walking around with Natasha had made her accustomed to walking more quickly due to the height difference. And keeping up with Raven couldn't be that hard. Despite of her coldness, her actions proved she cared about people, even just a little bit. Blitz found it hard to believe that Raven would go out of her way to get a skittish, fearful girl lost. Especially because the majority of the new recruits were pretty prone to being dangerous if the situation really rattled them, especially Blitz and Phe.

Phe just slumped over on the couch, ready to go to sleep. She barely even acknowledged the pizza on the counter before she curled up on the couch, trying to take up as little space as possible. She thought that they wouldn't get rooms or anything and that they'd probably just sleep on the couch. That was what happened at Titans East, and it was mostly because they didn't have any spare room for her to crash in. That was okay though, she'd been in colder places than that. Phe started to fall asleep, relaxed and content at last. She could still hear conversations, but she didn't want bother starting any yet.

Eventually they arrived at the Tower, Hana had been so bust talking to Phe she didn't even notice the approach until Beast Boy got all excited. They didn't even need to disembark from the Dart, there was just a bright light and suddenly they were all inside the common room, with huge stacks of pizza waiting in the nearby kitchen area.

Well Hana had heard that the Titans more or less lived off pizza and other junk food, but she was more used to a more balanced diet. Moving over to the counter she took a slice so as not to appear rude and then walked back to the common room. The largest TV she had ever seen took up most of one wall. There were certainly perks to being a recognised hero.

The smell of pizza stirred Phe from her slumber. It couldn't hurt to have a slice, especially since she'd been flying a lot today and moving about in general. She stood to grab a slice and was confused. Usually she just ordered cheese pizza since it was cheapest, and she barely ever had pizza besides. Now she struck with indecision over which one to grab. The one with pepperoni? What about the one with pineapple? There were so many choices, and she couldn't afford to pick a bad one. She never let food go to waste if she could help it. What if she picked the wrong one and everyone suddenly knew she was a young super villain once? Was there a choice for that kind of pizza? Phe didn't know, but it was as though she was sitting at a feast, but she was wondering which selections were poisoned. At last she last out a small whimper and backed away, sitting back on the couch, still hungry and ashamed.

Hana had eaten about half of her pizza slice when she heard someone pop down on the couch behind her. Turning around she saw Phe and smiled.

"Feeling better?" she asked, wondering if the girl was okay now she was out of the Dart. Then she noticed the look on the red head's face. She still looked upset about something.

"What's wrong?" Hana asked moving closer. She had hoped Phe would be happier once they were at the tower.

((Edited because I can't spell D:))

Edited by Fortune86

As the Titans watched the recruits, they couldn't help but feel as though there was a general state of unease amongst them. Robin in particular watched with close scrutiny. Blitz seemed skittish, Phoenix appeared to be extremely unsure of anything, and Hana was trying to fit in but was obviously preoccupied with thinking. The rest seemed frozen in place.

Robin cleared his throat. "You all do know the tests are over for the moment, right? You're all completely safe in Titans Tower." He looked at Cyborg and Starfire questioningly, but they just shrugged their shoulders. None of them knew what was wrong with the recruits.

Meanwhile, after a few twists and turns in the halls, Raven and Blitz finally ended up next to one of the many thick metal doors in the Tower, completely unmarked and unclear to be the washroom to anyone other than the Titans themselves.

"There you are," said Raven. "I'll wait here to take you back."

Blitz followed and entered the bathroom when it was indicated. "Thank you." Once inside, she shut the door and relieved herself. After washing her hands, the girl regarded herself in the mirror and sighed. She was decided to wash her face to refresh herself, but Havoc would have none of that. The other form was not finished harassing Blitz. "Blitz. You can kill them. You can kill all of them. Just let me out!" What happened to you being me? What happened to you wanting to help and being good? "Are you dumb? I am you, but who said I was good? I just let you tell me what to do because I had to make you think it was safe to let me out more often." Why? "Because, deep down, I know you want to let me out. I know you want to kill-" No! You're wrong! I hate you! I'll never let you out again! "You have to." Why would I? "Because, without me, you're nothing. You're just some good-for-nothing kid with no powers." Robin doesn't have any powers. "He's good with weapons and can do just as well or better without them. Besides, do you honestly think they'd just let a kid with no powers onto the team?" Horrified, Blitz dried her face hurriedly and opened the door. She looked scared of her own shadow. Well, more than she had been before. She didn't look at Raven or even look like she was seeing anything, just staring with wide eyes. Perhaps she didn't notice...?

"Please don't make fun of me... but I don't know what kind of pizza I want. I don't get to eat pizza very often and I don't want to waste it... but I don't know why someone would put pineapple on a pizza because I've only have pineapples alone and-" Phe stopped herself. "I don't want to take one that I don't like..."

She wrapped her scarf around her face to hide her embarrassed, red face. Why was she this flustered over pizza anyway? It was a stupid thing to be frustrated over, but she didn't want to mess up her first impressions. She only had one after all, and she couldn't afford to make enemies on the team. They were a team after all, not a group of super villains.

Raven waited patiently outside the bathroom door, hovering cross legged with her palms on her knees, eyes closed. When she heard the door open, she opened her eyes as well.

"Alright. Let's get back to the-"

She stopped mid-sentence when she saw the look of terror on Blitz's features. Something must be in there with her! Immediately she lunged past the teen into the bathroom, looking around wildly. After a few seconds, she rushed out the door and looked at Blitz, guard raised and prepared to fight danger.

"What happened? What's wrong?" She said this with a tone of urgency, hoping to nab whatever scared the young girl before it got away.

Looking at Raven blankly as she burst into action, she spoke quietly and definitely, not faltering in her words. It was as if any and all emotion had just shut off to prevent her from doing anything stupid. Natasha would be able to say that she'd seen that expression often. It happened when Havoc scared her, which was her worst fear because there was nothing Blitz could ever do to stop her once she was out. Or so she thought.

"Havoc wants to kill you. Havoc wants to kill all of you. She comes out when I bleed and she wants to kill everything."

"You forgot the part that I'm you. So that means you want to kill everything."

"Stop. You're lying...," she whispered as she put her hands over her ears in a feeble, childish attempt to get Havoc to stop talking.

"You're leading them on. You're putting all of them in danger. Just let me take care of it."

"No, no. Don't... Stop talking..."

"You're tired. Let me take care of it. You're really tired... Let me control your body while you sleep, okay?" Hvaoc's voice melted into honey as Blitz let her take over. Suddenly, Blitz's face was lit up with a nervous smile and her rubbed the back of her head. "Sorry, Raven. That was just Havoc trying to shake you up. I'm fine. It's really nothing. But I'm starving. Could we get back before all the pizza's gone?" The voice was slightly lower and had a completely different tone from when she'd spoken before and was much more informal than when Blitz usually spoke. Poor girl. A slave to her other half. And there was nothing anyone could really do about it. The only thing was that Havoc didn't know how to work Blitz's power, to turn it off. The one that prevented her from bleeding. And Havoc would soon be dismayed by the weakness of Blitz's form. Indeed, she was considering giving it back. The evil-doer almost had more influence when she let Blitz ruin her own life instead of dirtying her own hands...

Despite all this, Havoc's eyes gleamed unnaturally and one could have sworn a coat of black kept rippling over Blitz's natural light gray eye color, but maybe it was just an illusion of the light...

Glacier felt at home in the tower as he looked out at the extensive view practically ignoring the others as he took a moment to soak all of this in. He was actually here, somewhere where he could make a difference and help others with all of these amazing people. He could get used to the flying, he thought, and he could get used to the view.

Glacier cracked a smile when the pizza was out and reached over everyone to grab a slice. He chewed slowly as she continued to look over the ocean and city, his thoughts wondering.

"Please don't make fun of me... but I don't know what kind of pizza I want. I don't get to eat pizza very often and I don't want to waste it... but I don't know why someone would put pineapple on a pizza because I've only have pineapples alone and-" Phe stopped herself. "I don't want to take one that I don't like..."

She wrapped her scarf around her face to hide her embarrassed, red face. Why was she this flustered over pizza anyway? It was a stupid thing to be frustrated over, but she didn't want to mess up her first impressions. She only had one after all, and she couldn't afford to make enemies on the team. They were a team after all, not a group of super villains.

Hana smiled. Poor Phe. She was reading too much into this.

"I don't think anyone is going to judge you by your pizza preferences" she explained. "And if you're not sure what kind you'd like, why not try something plain? Like the cheese and tomato one? I'm not a big pizza fan myself so that's the one I went for."

She held up her half eaten slice as an example.

"Or if you want, do you want me to grow some fruit for you? I think I've got some apple seeds on me."

Raven watched the young girl with a concerned expression. At first, she considered asking a few questions as to who this threatening Havoc was. Before she could ask however, Blitz seemed to have a breakdown, holding her ears, fighting with herself, quite visually struggling to control what seemed to be her own mind.

And then, just as she thought Blitz would collapse, she perked up and her entire mannerism changed. Laissez-faire, spunky, and completely out of character. Raven even thought her features changed, but quickly dismissed it. Something wasn't right.

"Sure. Let's go back to the party." Raven floated along ahead of Blitz, glancing back every so often to ensure she was still there.

Eventually, the pair arrived back in the entertainment room, and Raven waved the slightly altered Blitz inside. Instead of casually sitting back however, she went straight to Robin and whispered in his ear. Robin's features turned slightly concerned and nodded, but seemed to wave off whatever it was Raven had told him. Raven herself simply took a position next to the other Titans.

Cyborg spoke up next. "So now ladies and germs, we would like to open up the floor to some questions. Anything you like about us, we're here to answer." He put on an inviting smile and scanned the recruits, as did the other three Titans. Beast Boy was still stuffing his face with pizza, but gave a muffled "Me too" through the food.

"I know... its just... the times I was with people I always felt so judged. I'm just not used to a surplus of food really. I don't know what to do-" she started to say, but was interrupted by Cyborg and the others walking in. It was Blitz. Phe moved to the other girl, and tried to remain calm. "What kind of pizza do you like? I'm having trouble picking a piece, and I really want to know what other people like. I'm sorry if it seems stupid, I just wanted to know what you like. You just seem like someone who likes pizza." she hoped that Blitz wouldn't make fun of her, she just didn't seem like the type. She just hoped so much that maybe she'd offer some advice. If she was shot down, she'd be okay with just taking a cheese pizza slice.

Hana watched Phe as she went to go over and talk with Blitz. She wondered what kind of life she had lived to make something as trivial as choosing a slice of pizza so hard.

When Cyborg asked if anyone had some questions Hana raised a hand.

"Where exactly will we be training? Here at the Tower? At that arena place?"