Rarek

Titans South

Hana was taking a moment to pull a piece of debris out of her plants vines, so small she had only just noticed it, when the girl from a few moments came back looking slightly annoyed. She said hello and explained that her friend had told her to come back. Hana looked past her, but couldn't see anyone. Someone invisible perhaps?

Suddenly the girl was talking to thin air and dancing around. Hana watched her for a moment before trying to to gain her attention.

"I'm Hana. What's your name?"

"Hi... I'm Audrie"

She simply said, and Sarah waved with a grin on her face -- she'd never really accepted her death and Audrie often felt bad for her... she was only, what, six? And a dog had killed her. Biting her lip, she quickly asked "Got any friends here? I don't really... actually . Sarah... Andy.." she pouted her lip and counted her ghostly friends on her fingers. Quite a few... sadly, her powers didn't give her a chance to have friends outside of the supernatural world.

"Not yet" said Hana trying to remain positive. "I've only been here about twenty minutes."

She got the feeling that Audrie wasn't really paying attention to her. She seemed fixated on something else. As Hana had no idea who Sarah and Andy were, she decided to ask. They didn't seem to be any of the new Titans identified so far.

"Who are they? Other trainees?"

"Oh... yeah. My power is that I see ghosts," she sighed and shrugged. Sarah suddenly ran over to the ship and Andy shimmered into existance. She waved to him then turned to Hana.

"They're ghosts. Actually... Andy was a friend of my dad's" she stretched, remembering the day he found her and she had burst inro tears because he was dead from cancer.

"Uhmm.. what's your power thingy?" she asked.

Robin was busy feeling proud of the Dart he had summoned on command, laughing a little at Glacier's request. Cyborg turned back to Luna. "I don't know to be honest with you. Robin didn't say a word about this to me. Probably wanted to keep it a surprise." He kneeled down close to Luna's ear and began whispering. "If I had to guess though, that thing has a AeroTron 9000 installed in it, which would be an autopilot system which I had planned on installing in the T-Car for ages." He gave her a playful elbow and winked. "Robin would've killed me if I did that though."

Robin clapped his hands. "Alright! Everybody hop in! There are enough seats for everybody in the back, so try not to fight for a seat."

The cockpit of the Dart opened with a whoosh, and Robin hopped into the front seat. "Alright. Cyborg, Raven, Starfire, take the remaining cockpit seats. Beast Boy, sit in the back with the recruits."

Beast Boy stood there with his mouth hung open. "Aw MAN! I would've totally wanted to drive!"

Robin narrowed his eyes seriously. "That's precisely why you aren't."

As Starfire and Raven took their places, Cyborg gave Luna a tap on the arm with his robotic fist. "Time to head up to Titans Tower. Don't let BB bug you too much." He winked and took the remaining copilot's seat.

"Alright Recruits, ready to go!" announced Robin. "Hop in!"

After observing some of the more sociable recruits talking, Blitz resolved to tune out. Two more people arrived and started to show off and the girl immediately regretted having come. These people were so much more qualified than she. Havoc may have cooperated for the fight, but Blitz suspected that the other form was just trying to get close enough to Blitz so she could ruin everything again. It was in her nature to be cautious, and Havoc's sudden attitude adjustment just wasn't adding up. When Robin announced that they should climb into the jet, she did in silence and with a vigilant, blank look about her. She sat at the very back in a corner and tucked her hands into her lap, legs pressed together tightly. Her face betrayed nothing, for she was so focused on not being a bother that she was hardly thinking anything at all. Blitz had her eyes fixed to a spot in front of her, though (as expected) she didn't appear to be looking at anything or anyone in particular. All those things coupled made her either the least or most noticeable in the space, depending on the demeanor of the observer. If they were amiable and keen, it was quite possible that the white-haired girl would stick out like a sore thumb. But those too absorbed in their own conversations would likely not note anything strange.

Luna gawked silently at Cyborg at first, hearing that such an advanced system had been installed in the beautiful machine, though she wasn't in the least bit surprised.

When she heard that Beast Boy was riding in the back with the rest of them, she felt both pity for the goofy teen and excitement because she would get to talk more with her most probable future mentor.

"Aw, c'mon Beast Boy. If you were driving you'd have to pay attention and be careful and stuff. If you're riding passenger then you can tell us more about Titans Tower and all the cool things we'll be doing." She smiled, turning back to look at her pointy-eared acquaintance before she hopped up into the back of the large jet, obviously taking a window seat. She didn't much care for closed, confined spaces after being stuck in a little white room for so long.

Glacier walked onto the air craft as told figuring he would,have a chance to talk with the people sitting next to him and get to know more of them. This was so different compared to the small town that he was from just outside of the city. Even though the ship was a great looking craft he had never actually flown before and his nerves were buzzing.

He sighed when he sat into the chair on the back of the ship away from the windows and waited for the others to sit to see who he'd be sitting by.

Luna watched as the boy that called himself Glacier sat down in the seat diagonally behind her, then hopped up and turned around to look at him, curious.

"So. Uh. Hi again." She smiled sheepishly, trying to make small talk, since he seemed a bit nervous. Even though she wasn't in her actual dog morph, she could sense the slight tension that he held just from the way he walked and the way his jaw was -ever- so slightly clenched. She wanted to make him feel more at ease.

Luna herself wasn't great with flying in jets, but flying was nothing new to her. She had several different bird morph and a few other unique flying animals and reptiles at her disposal.

Phe realized the giant thing that Robin had called over was going to fly. They were going inside of it, and they were all going to crash and die. It was going to be okay. She put on a crazed grin and walked into the dart. It looked like the seats that weren't next to a window were mostly taken. She'd probably have to look outside no matter which side she sat on. Tears started to form in her eyes, but her crazed grin didn't vanish. She just sat down next to the window, resigned to die in a horrific explosion that would rend them limb from limb. In a way for keeping herself from causing anything to be set on fire while she was stressed, she ignited a small flame, focusing on keeping it perfectly still. She had it slowly change colors, cranking up the heat in the small flame and cooling it back down. Her hands still trembled as she held the flame just above them, and the flame flickered and died, just before it lit her ratted glove on fire.

[Poor Phe. She's just goign to freak out the whole time because she doesn't really know where Titan's Tower is so she can fly there herself...

Plus I'm mean.]

Beast Boy sighed and nodded at Luna. "I suppose you're right. Still, would be fun to fly this thing." Although he was initially upset he didn't get a cockpit seat, his spirits seemed to lift as he entered the fighter.

"Wow! I've always wanted to get a flier for the Titans, this is so rad! Maybe if the Titans South do well with this, we can..."

He trailed off as he noticed the white haired girl in the corner of the fighter. "Oh...hey there. Blitz, wasn't it? You seem upset." He took the seat next to Blitz casually. He smiled slightly. "Don't worry, they don't call me the comedic relief for nothing! What's troubling you sis?" He leaned back in the chair, looking attentive.

Robin's voice came over the address system. "Fasten your seatbelts everyone, this is going to be a very quick trip with the top speed of the Dart."

If one was listening closely, they could then hear Raven's voice in the background saying "try not to crash this time" as the engines roared to life.

Edited by Rarek

Glacier managed to smile with tight lips at Luna kneeling on the chair in front of him, "Hey Luna." He got slightly nervous by the ways she was sitting but didn't mention it, "You a good flyer I'm guessing?" He asked and laughed at himself slightly before saying, "I'm not."

He watched as Phe sat at the window a seat away from him and noticed the similar tense looking I her body that he felt. He could practically feel the heat coming off of the girl in waves but he tried no to make the girl more nervous by fiddling with the seat arm rests.

He almost groaned out loud at the words he heard faintly from the intercom, "So Luna is a good name." He said wanting to keep himself from noticing the plane lifting off the ground.

"Ghosts?" asked Hana. That was slightly creepy. Was that why Audrie kept talking and interacting with thin air? There were dead people about? Hana looked around feeling a little uncomfortable. Just how many were about?

Hana held up the plant in her arms a little as a way of explaining her abilities. She suddenly didn't really feeling like talking about powers at the moment, her own or anyone else's. The idea of dead people hanging around unnerved her. She had been haunted by the past long enough.

At that point Robin insisted that everyone climb aboard the Dart. Moving her bag strap into a more confortable position she followed the group as they embarked the plane...thing.

Taking a seat Hana sat with the plant sitting in her lap. She wondered how long it would take to reach the Tower.

Luna laughed; "Oh, believe me, I'm freaking out on the inside."

"The flying part I'm used to. It's the whole being in a tin can part while flying thing that's making me a little nervous. But hey, if you only think of what can go wrong, then what do you think is gonna happen? That's what my mom always said anyways." She explained, trying to help calm the dark haired boy down despite her own nerves starting to get to her.

"Plus, we've got the Boy Wonder driving us! We'll be fine." She smiled, then turned and sat back down to buckle her seatbelt like Robin had told them.

Blitz looked over to Beast Boy blankly, almost looking as if she were in a trance. Her face was so plain it would have scared the wits out of Blitz herself if she could have seen it. But as the cogs turned in her head, it seemed that the facade crumbled and she looked more frightened than anything. But as she remembered she'd been spoken to, she began to haphazardly craft her reply. "Hm? Oh yeah, that's me." As the young man went on, the girl who looked to be scared of her own shadow listened intently. She was not about to slip up of her own accord. "I'm just um...intimidated, I suppose. All the others seem to know exactly what they're doing and I just...don't. I mean, I know how to use my power, but Havoc, my other form, has a mind of her own." Gee, thanks. You make me sound the villain. How many times do I have to tell you that we're the same person?! But you've killed people and I haven't. I'm just the weapon. Your feelings are the controls. So it was really you who killed those kids, not me.

Beast Boy rubbed his chin and looked thoughtful for a minute. "So, you're saying this other you...Havoc that is, can't be controlled? Something tells me that's not entirely true." For a person who was normally joking at everything, Beast Boy seemed more serious when he put a hand on Blitz's shoulder. "We'll test you completely, it's what this is for. We have a huge amount of experience in five Titans to draw on and I'm sure one of us can help." He gave an encouraging smile. "Try not to let it get you down though, it'll ruin your appetite. The Titans only order the best pizza in Jump City." He winks and sits back in his seat.

Suddenly, he noticed someone missing and raised an eyebrow. He hit a button on the wall for the intercom to the cockpit. "Hey Robin? We've got a couple missing, Audrie and Jin I think it was."

"Not to worry BB, I got this," Cyborg answered back. A whoosh sounded as Cyborg exited the cockpit and scooped up Jin and Audrie. "Yo! We gotta go guys!"

He carried them into the back of the Dart and plopped them in empty seats and gave them a playful tap. "Sorry to manhandle you like that. Thought you wouldn't want to get left behind. Luna, take care of them for me?" He gave her a fist bump and left the back of the Dart, climbing back into the cockpit.

"Everyone hang on!" said Robin as the craft lifted vertically from the ground. The engine pitch grew higher as they accelerated forward towards Titans Tower.

Edited by Rarek

Jin felt as if he was in a seperate world from everyone else... majority of them easily towering over his shortish frame... he didn't even want to be near Cyborg... their difference in size would be verging on comedy and would just point out to everyone else how short he was... despite his age.

Jin merely sat cross legged on the ground, one hand clasped around a large rock he had kept in a pouch and the other on the hilt of his sickle. He was busy brishing the rock against the blade edge, sharpening his weapon as best he could... given the circumstances. During the introductory mock fight... he had noticed that the alignment of the wind as it had left the sickle's edge did not satisfy him and if used in a real fight could prove to be his downfall. A wind is good for two things... propelling something through the air via brunt force... or the more artistic.. refined method of slicing. In a way... he was like a samurai... his life was his sword... or in this case.. his wind. A broken sword / wind would be ineffective in a fight.

It was only when the titan's dart arrived, that his attention was once again drawn to the outer world... a world where it wasn't just himself perfecting his art and honing his skills. He stared at the large aircraft with a hint of nausea begining to form. Despite his ability to fly... he hated being trapped in a metal aircraft.. regardless of how hi-tech it was. He much preferred flying himself if given the choice.. and would have done so had Japan not been so far away.

As the others began to get on.. Jin reluctantly made his way towards the left hand seat around midway through the dart and sat down... his legs dangling above the ground as per usual. To make matters worse... he could not see past the seat infront of him.. and could only look out the left hand window. He raised a hand to his hat and lowered it down, shielding his eyes from everyone else and silently cursed as the dart begun to take flight.

"You got it." Luna smiled back and bumped fists with the android.

Luna looked excitedly out the window as she felt the jet start to rise.

"Wow... It's so weird flying without having to move." She commented, not really talking to anyone in particular.

"I wonder how long it'll take us to get there?" She thought aloud, cocking her head to the side before once more becoming fascinated with the slowly fading ground below the edge of the window.

Suddenly, she heard a loud whooshing sound and was thrown back in her seat as if she were on a roller coaster. She screamed like she was on a roller coaster too!

Luna's scream brought Phe to a place in her mind she'd sooner forget.

She'd been eleven. Five days before the incident. She didn't know she could fly, but heights hadn't even bothered her. They were a challenge then, and the ringmaster decided that high up on the tightrope was where she needed to perform, and she had walked it a couple times and so she knew how to balance her weight. It was going to be a piece of cake.

The day of the performance she climbed the ladder up, but she made a terrible mistake. She looked down and at the audience below. Pictures were snapped, flashes went off, and hundreds of eyes were watching her. She froze, feeling fear overwhelm her. The tiniest fire started on the net below, but no one noticed. They were watching the performer on the tightrope. So she smiled and contained the fear, stuffing it down into a tiny glass jar constantly on the verge of breaking.

Her foot touched the wire, and it took the weight, bending slightly. She took another breath and put her other foot onto the wire, taking a moment to windmill her arms out and steady herself before continuing on. Once she reached the center, she turned to the front of the tent, facing down the audience fearlessly. The fire on the net was growing larger, and the audience members were looking at it. Phe looked down and saw the fire, but she lost her balance, tumbling downwards and into the flames what were consuming the net.

She thought she was going to die. She really did. At the last second, she managed to float a little and slow her decent, but she fell into the already severely burned net and crashed the rest of the way to the ground. The fire spread a little to the tent, but was extinguished quickly. Phe laid there in the fire, having to pulled out by 'Ma', and when she woke there were terrible cross burn marks on her back. The ringmaster tried to put her back up on the tightrope, but she fainted every time. She could never stand falling or the possibility of falling ever again.

She was crying, the speed scaring her and the memory burning fresh the scars on her back.

Audrie nodded quickly to Hana, and boarded the plane, taking a seat next to her. After all, everyone else seemed involved with someone here and she wanted someone to talk to. In the 'freak place' as the guards called it, she wasn't allowed to be social, or they'd interrogate her about what she was 'planning' with the other weirdos. Nothing, she'd tell them, but then she'd be hit and have to come up with something.

She snapped back to reality as Andy sat next to her and she stretched. She didn't particularily think Hana would care or be too enthused about it.

Audrie heard someone scream and whispered "Drama queens" not to anyone, mainly herself, although it was loud enough for Andy to hear and he shoved her slightly. "Be nice".

"As if"

Hana flashed Audrie a smile when she took a nearby seat. She was a little wary of the other girl's skills, especially if they were active all the time, but she hoped that Audrie would become a good friend and team mate in time.

Right now Hana was preoccupied by the Dart taking off. Luna gave off a joyful scream, as though she was at an amusement park, but Phe had started to cry.

"Phe? asked Hana, not sure if the other girl could hear her over the roar of the Dart. "Phe what's wrong?"

"I'm… I'm not good with heights…" Phe tried to explain, but she was staring at her lap and the words were almost lost to all the noise. "I'd fly to the tower myself but I don't know where it is… and I was just remembering some bad stuff to take my mind off of the flight… but it isn't working. I'm not sure I can keep calm… bad things happen if I panic too much…"

It was going to be okay, because she could handle it and nothing had happened so far. She wasn't going to ruin the flight or anything because she had control. She had control of it now, and as long as she told herself that, she could keep from burning something. She stared long and hard into space, trying to stare down the fears creeping into her mind. It wasn't a big deal that they were in the Dart anyway, it was tested by the Titans themselves and so it was definitely safe. It was safe and nothing was going to catch on fire because she was in control.

Even though said she was fine Hana could see from her reflection in the window that she was anything but. She looked like she was barely holding herself together.

Normally Hana would have gone over and sat with Phe in an attempt to take her mind of the flight, perhaps try and engage her in conversation or something, but she didn't want to try moving about the Dart at the speed they were travelling. The last thing she wanted to do was fall over onto someone. Thankfully, she had another option.

Holding up the plant she had curled up on her lap Hana whispered something under her breath. Reaching back down she placed the plant on the floor and it began to drag itelf along the floor with its vines towards Phe. When it reached her seat it pulled itself round so that she could see it clearly and then with one solitary vine reached up to gently pat her hand in the most comforting way a plant could. It also gave out a small squeak of encouragement, which sounded a bit like a kitten on heavy drugs, but it was a squeak nonetheless.

Audrie watched silently as Hana's plant scurried over to the crying girl and attempted to pat her on the head. Smiling, she was going to ask how the plant was moving, but then again, she could talk to ghosts... everything was possible.

She realised Sarah was sitting next to 'Phe', leaning against her and talking comforting words. A tear almost escaped her eyes -- the little ghost didn't quiet understand no one could hear her and couldn't understand her death. Sighing, she leant against her window and stared out, gulping as she realised the height. Andy nudged her shoulder, sitting on the floor in front of her.

"Scared?"

"H-hey! You're a pilot! Of course you aren-"

"You're a cutie patootie when you're grumpy" Andy teased and it looked like Audrie was going to explode, considering her completely red cheeks and nose.

"You're a cutie patootie when you're annoying!" she mimicked his voice, although it was very low. He simply rolled his eyes, imitating her, and chuckled.

A fire started on the plant. Phe tried to put it out, but more were forming and her control was evaporating quickly. "I'm sorry! I'm trying to keep this from happening... I'm sorry!" any other words that escaped her lips were just variations on 'I'm sorry'. She managed to put out most of the fires, enough to take a few deep breaths and relax a little. The fires died a little, and she could feel her heartbeat return to normal. As long as she didn't think about the fact that she was right next to the window... which was actually a porthole and there was a shark outside that wanted a staring contest that she couldn't win because she read somewhere that fish didn't eyelids. "That's... mostly why I don't fly in things well... sorry about your plant..."