Rarek

Titans South

The white haired boy didn't seem to be too talkative. He gave the barest of nods when Hana spoke to him and only gave a one word answer to her question. But that was okay, maybe he was shy, or just didn't like talking a lot. As long as he was willing to work together with the others, Hana believed he would be okay.

Before she could try and tease anything further out of him they were interrupted by a display of green and black 'lights'. Getting over the inital shock of the suddeness of it Hana quickly realised it was some short of show and stood in silence to watch. She didn't think the Titans were this flashy. Live and learn she guessed.

When it was all over the two female Titans appeared, Raven and Starfire. They welcomed the group before them and introduced themselves before asking the trainees to do the same.

The girl who had comforted the first girl Hana had seen introduced herself as Blitz. Then the boy revealed his name was Jin Shimura. Seeing it was her turn Hana then gave her own name.

"I'm Hana" she spoke clearly.

Phe was quiet as the flashes of bolts and ravens flew around. She knew showmanship when she saw it, so it didn't scare her nearly as much. When the Titans landed, she expected them to be… older. Facing down Trigon and all that other crazy stuff made her think they were so much older than they were. She stood as the others introduced themselves, there was Blitz, Hana, and Jin Shimura. She waited for someone else to speak, but realized that it was supposed to be her turn. At least the others didn't seem to have normal names, save for Jin.

"M-my name is Phoenix... but you guys can call me Phe." she held her long red scarf in her hands, feeling the soft fabric relax her hands. She'd of course out out the fire before handling the scarf, and hopefully she wouldn't panic or… or become angry. She lost control when she was angry. It wasn't really her fault when it happened, she'd been attacked or insulted or pushed past the breaking point. It wasn't her fault. She kept telling herself that their deaths were all an accident. She hadn't meant it, they pushed her. It wasn't her fault, she was going to get better, because the Titans could train her.

So she straightened her back and showed no fear in her eyes, even though she was nervous and scared. After today, she had a real chance of becoming a Titan and saving the world. She could ace whatever they throw at her, after all, she'd managed to best the Titans East -if best meant that managed to escape without pursuit. Besides, she could probably melt through anything that was needed, or just fly over it. She just had to be brave for once, instead of scared. It was going to be easy. Hopefully.

[i lied, Phe's height is actually 5' 6"… I apparently wrote it in the sheet. That's handy.]

Raven and Starfire nodded silently as each recruit introduced themselves. As the last one finished speaking they stepped forward. Raven was the first to speak.

"Alright then. Now that we've all introduced ourselves, I think it's about time we make some first impressions." The two Titans looked at each other and smiled, giving a nod to the other.

Raven took off in one direction, using her telekinesis to raise five barrels into the air which were laying at one end of the arena. Starfire took off in the other direction, eyes glowing green as pulses of energy grew around her hands. At that same instant, the scoreboard of the arena lit up brightly to reveal the face of Robin.

"Recruits! It's a trap! Those are not Starfire and Raven, you have to stop them! Quickly! The rest of us will get there as soon as we-" He was cut off suddenly as one of the barrels and a starbolt connected with the screen, killing the feed instantaneously.

Starfire grinned at the new Titan hopefuls. "This will be the end of Titans South, before it even began. Goodbye new Titans."

The pair dived towards the group waiting below as barrels and starbolts flew towards them, hurtling at great velocity.

Luna ran as fast as she could.

"Well, this'll make a great first impression." The slender albino girl thought as she ran, her combat boots pounding the ground in her haste.

She could already see the others standing in line, the Titans arriving already.

Pushing herself to go faster, she finally arrived, completely out of breath.

"I hope I'm not so late that I missed introductions…" Luna thought to herself as she made it to the top of the hill, only to see Star Fire and Raven attacking the new Titans.

"What the heck?! Is this some kind of training exercise?" She asked as she ran towards another person, a girl with short pink hair(Phe).

Edited by makenziec123

[[Not to worry makenzie. Just add in anything onto the end of your post to account for mine. Seems we got our posts crossed here.]]

((I saw that smile.gif I guess you sniped me, huh? tongue.gifsmile.gif It's alright though, I think I fixed it well enough for now. Also, call me Mak if you don't mind smile.gif ))

Edited by makenziec123

"Shimatta (しまった!)! " cursed Zen under his breath as barrels and starbolts descended upon them. He had barely enough time to react... let alone comprehend what exactly had just happened. One thing that was certain though... they were in danger.

Both hands reaching behind his rag of a cape, he pulled out both his sickles and began to spin, air currents attaching themselves to his feet, giving him the necessary momentum to spin at a high enough velocity to create a wind vortex. With his sickles elongated, he created a a vortex of wind, its serpentine body snaking skyward towards the barrels and blowing most of them away in random directions. The starbolts however were completely unaffected and were still heading towards the group of them and there was nothing he could do about it. The barrels themselves would still hurtle towards the ground... afterall, Jin could not manipulate gravity... they were just all heading in different directions.. as opposed to heading straight for them.

"Nigeru! (run away)" he shouted at the others. Unsure of what they were capable off, he could not take the chance of them being unable to prevent the starbolts and could only tell them to run. He was still accustomed to fighting alone.. as he did in Tokyo.

Edited by TotallyDrow

Phe's face lost color as she watched the Titans attack. No, not again. She wasn't- some girl ran up to her and started barking about a training exercise. "I don't know!" Phe grabbed the other girl without thinking and pulled them both up just enough to avoid the star bolts. The extra weight caused Phe to break out in a sweat from the exertion. "Ugh, why are you so heavy…" she was useless until the other girl did something, preferably either attacking the not-Titans or flying on her own. The ground was starting to swirl under her feet, and she could almost sense her loss of emotional control. If she didn't land soon, it was likely that she could pass out.

She wasn't going to pass out! She made a promise to herself to pass this test or exercise or whatever it was. She was going to pass. Not going to pass out, she was going to do fine. If she could just imagine a fire lighting on Raven's cloak, then maybe that would be enough for now. However this girl was taking up all of focus, so a fire started to the left of the not-Raven. Well, if she needed it later, then perhaps it would be useful. Hopefully she could adjust to working with people again, she had been away from other supers for so long. Fighting by herself meant reckless punching and lots of fire. Sure, Phe could stand it, but what about the rest of them? Probably not.

[Here ya go Mak.]

Blitz quickly backed into a wall as Raven and Starfire began attacking. When Jin conjured up a twister. Blitz was suddenly grateful. Perfect. A good time to show her stuff, no? It wasn't as if she had spent her entire life living under a rock. She received intense physical training at the orphanage as compensation for her being seemingly powerless and working as a baker was no easy task. It required one to know oneself well enough to use the body to one's advantage. For Blitz, since she was small and lacked the bulk of muscle, she required momentum to do most things, and that was easy with her small, aerodynamic frame. Swiftly dodging a few starbolts that came her way, the girl dashed passed Jin, feeling the need to thank him for protecting them from half the danger. "Thank you!" she shouted over the sound of wind and barrels crashing into the walls and ground. As the two Titans approached, Blitz sensed that something was funny about the scenario. She found it hard to believe that two fakes just happened to show up right then and try to terrorize the five recruits rather than terrorizing the city itself. It wouldn't be that hard. Besides, who would have the goal of trying to destroy a mish-mash group of teens with less control over their powers than would most likely be necessary to stop an attack like the one being done upon them at that moment rather than the actual Titans, who would be a little less one their toes than normal due to the preparations for incoming Titans. It just didn't add up. But Blitz didn't dare speak up. Instead, she just dodged the starbolts and sighed as pieces of debris came at her. None of them managed to leave a scratch. That was just her passive ability at work. Handy thing it was.

(Decided to put her text in grey so it's easy to tell the difference between Blitz and Havoc, whose text will be in red. Let me know if these colors cause eyestrain for you and I shall dim them. smile.gif)

"Think Luna, think! How can you help your team right now?" She thought to herself, grateful to the other girl for pulling her out of harm's way.

Suddenly, an idea struck her that might just be crazy enough to work. Or break her legs. Hey, she'd never know if she didn't at least give it a try! And aside from that, she had no idea if this was some kind of exam or not.

"TIme to bring out the big guns..." She thought with a smirk.

"Hey, thanks for getting me out of the way of those starbolts, but I need you to drop me now." Luna said as if this were a perfectly normal everyday request. "'Cuz if you don't, I'm gonna get a whoooooole lot heavier for you." She added.

Phe didn't have a lot of choice in whether or not to drop Luna. She just kinda... did. Once the weight was off, Phe practically shot upwards, lurching to a stop. She took a moment to catch her breath, and moved back down towards the arena. This was so odd, why bother attacking them when the Titans seemed busy setting this up? Well, maybe they wanted hostages? There wasn't time for that though, she needed to take action. This time, she was going to set the not-Raven on fire. That big cloak was a decent enough target, and hopefully it was very flammable. Hopefully.

Phe stared at the edge of the not-Raven's hood, sensing the air above it, and imagining it bursting into flames, and ignited the fire. She watched the orange flames burst into being, and imagined them climbing higher and higher as they were getting hotter and hotter. This action meant that she couldn't move, but would hopefully mean that the not-Raven would be distracted enough for someone to attack her. Maybe then they could knock one out. Wait... where was not-Starfire?

The duo of terrible Titans continued their onslaught. Raven kept up her pace of throwing objects at them, such as seats from the arena sides or even lighting fixtures which had been mostly ripped off already from neglect and weather forces. Soon however, her cloak had caught on fire and she yelped as she pulled it off, throwing the still burning cloth to the ground. She focused her gaze on the creator of the flame.

"Azarath metrion zinthos!" A beam of shadow flew from her hands and engulfed Phoenix in a bubble, fully enclosing her and keeping her off the ground. Good. One down, so long as I can focus.

Starfire had already turned her attention to the wind conjurer Jin. She unleashed a hailstorm of bolts all around the young Mage, stirring up a thick cloud of disorienting and smothering dust. She made a sharp turn and did the same to Blitz, who was pressed against a wall. The dust in the arena was perfect for this, since it had a tendency to hang in the air. Starfire also used her eye beams to carve great swaths between the newer Titans, drawing lines in the ground encircling them.

Although the onslaught was large without question, there was one interesting aspect. Neither Raven nor Starfire had landed a single hit on the new recruits. We're they planning for them to be captured?

[How high off the ground is Phe? This is important to know for my next post.]

((Uh, about 3 Ravens high off the ground to the top of her head.))

[Okay, so Phe would be fairly okay with the height then. Three feet isn't scary. Twenty feet up is about her limit.]

Phe was about to cheer in celebration, when a giant black bubble surrounded her and darkened her line of sight. She could see, but just barely. She'd turned off the fire on the not-Raven's robes, but something else was off. Nobody was getting hurt. Not-Starfire could do some damage, but she wasn't. She was aiming at the ground and stirring up dust. If... if they weren't really trying to hurt them, then... Phe took a breath and took off her scarf, putting it into a tight ball. Hopefully this would work... she imagined fire on the inside of the bubble, not too hot, but from the outside it would look as though something was going wrong.

If she was right and these were the real Titans, then Raven would drop the bubble. If not, then she would stop. She was pretty resistant to burns, and the the fires were small enough that she wasn't sitting in them, but her jacket was too close to the fires. Hopefully, she could make it through unscathed, but if it didn't there was good chance she'd just hurt herself... time would tell, time would tell.

As Blitz was shrouded in a cloud of dust, she lost her focus for a bit, letting her resistance fall. And as some of the dust eroded her exposed skin, she felt a strange, cold feeling of blood welling up in a wound. I had almost forgotten this feeling...

Havoc seemed to shrug off Blitz's skin as it disappeared into smoke around her. It's been a long time since you've let me out, Blitz. I know. Well, now that we're on the same page, we may be able to work together. Now let me talk you through this. You're still holding me back and it makes me anxious. I'll try. Stop being so nervous. I don't hurt people on purpose. Remember, I'm you. We get freaked out easily. Maybe you don't know we're a little claustrophobic. Trying to contain me and being scared of me makes my spaces get tighter and tighter, see? So when you let me out, I'm very unnerved. As she felt Blitz beginning to let go of some fear, Havoc smiled and cracked her knuckles. "Yo! Not-Titans! You really shouldn't pick a fight until you know what you're dealing with. You're blind right now. That's a huge disadvantage." Rolling her shoulders, the girl accidentally flicked a ball of blackish-red energy at the sky. Woops... Forgot how to work this. Anyway, my time is almost up. You have a minute to work with me, and then you're gonna be too tired to run as fast as you did. Just a heads up. Gee, thanks!

Edited by Mousia

((*chuckles* I don't think Raven is one foot tall, but three Ravens high would still be below 20 feet by a good margin.))

Raven was busy ripping things off the arena to throw when the bubble she created started to burn. She looked at it in panic. That's not supposed to happen! How am I doing that? Instantaneously she released the bubble, but she created a platform beneath Phoenix as she fell from where she was. It set her down gently enough that she wouldn't be harmed, but hard enough to appear like a fall. Starfire too took a momentary glance backwards as she detected something wrong, nearly flying into the edge of the arena in the process. Luckily she swerved just in time. Before the pair could do anything further, such as answer the call from the now Havoc Blitz, there was a cry from the arena entrance.

"Titans! Go!" Robin, Cyborg and Beast Boy blasted into the arena, catching the two girls off guard. Cyborg had shot a beam from his arm cannon directly at Starfire, who flew backwards from the force after a yelp, crashing hard with a cloud of dust. Beast Boy had transformed into a tiger, leaping at Raven and pinning her down under his weight, snarling at her viscously. Raven took the opportunity to launch him back off her, where he landed on his feet next to Robin and Cyborg, who had taken position beside his leader.

"Recruits, take them down!" Robin yelled, pointing a finger straight ahead at Raven and Starfire, who were now hovering side by side, powers activated and ready for defense.

Edited by Rarek

[Whoops. Some days, I shouldn't post late at night.]

Phe let the fire go, falling safely onto a platform. "Guys, these guys are the real Teen Titans." Phe smiled, glad she was the first to call it. She stayed on the platform, floating down. She wrapped her scarf back around her neck, firmly securing it as she stood up and walked towards the Titans. "Plus, you guys are missing a couple of members. Plus, that was my fire, sorry for startling you Raven, but I'm not hurt," Phe bowed her head, a gesture she had picked up from her world traveling. "I'm Phoenix, by the way, in case you guys weren't paying attention earlier." she mostly hoped that she was still right.

She was panicking internally, but her hand was held out in steady calm. She could pass this, she could pass this. She was going to pass because if that was really an evil Raven, then she would have let the fire continue to burn. It would have been an easy way to stop her, but instead she was in a bubble, a little high up, but otherwise fine. This would have been too easy of a setup if the evil Titans were real, but it was fake. Probably wanted to see if the group could work well in a fight. Well, they had been poor actors, and now she just hoped she was right. If she wasn't then she just risked everything to prove a point which could or could not be true.

She hoped that she was right, because if she wasn't, then she was probably going to go back to those dark days… the ones before the Titans.

Hana dumped her duffel bag on the ground the moment the group realised somethign was wrong. Reaching into the small pouch she kept tied to her waist she pulled out a pinch of seeds and scattered them onto the ground before her. They didn't even have time to stop bouncing before they burst open and long, thick vines began to erupt out. The vines directly in front of Hana quickly formed into a thick wall, causing the barrels aimed at her to smash against them.

Past the waving plants Hana could see the others also start to fight back or defend themselves. The boy Jin created some sort of mini-tornado to blow most of the barrels off course, but the starbolts stayed on path. Hana directed the rest of her vines to snake in front of as many of the starbolts as possible. The starbolts destroyed the parts of the vines their hit, but the wriggling plant was able to regenerate quickly.

This didn't really feel right. Hana had heard a lot about the Titans, they were always in the news or on TV, and she was sure that imposters or not, the two of them would have been able to wipe the floor with the recruits by now. It was almost as if they weren't really trying. Didn't they want to hurt them? Or was this some kind of test? Hana hoped not. She didn't really appreciate mind games.

As the Possibly-Not-Raven began to tear seats and fittings from around the arena Hana had her vines snatch them from mind-air. Rather than just toss them aside to be used as ammo again Hana had the debris dragged down into the ground and buried out of the way. This left Hana at the centre of some manic, writhing, green machine as the vines continued to shoot back and forth from the ground, grabbing what they could and vanishing with them. She hoped the others could end this fight soon, she wasn't too sure how long she could keep this process up.

Suddenly she heard shouting. Robin, Cyborg and Beast Boy burst into the arena and commanded that the two female 'Titans' be taken down. Meanwhile Phe also called out, insisting that they were the real Titans after all. As nothing was currently being hurled about Hana ceased her operation but kept her vines, each one now several metres long, coiled loosely around her, just in case.

"Is this a test or what?" she asked.

The albino grinned wickedly as she fell, imagining the way she should look right then- a monster that would send most people running just by the sound of its roar.

Even Tyrannosaurus Rex itself would fear this behemoth- Giganotosaurus.

Luna stood as she readjusted to her much larger frame. And just in time too, since the huge creature's legs hit the ground almost as soon as she was done growing.

A bloodcurdling

unlike any that had ever been heard in over a million years ripped through the surrounding area, the sound waves sending a few nearby seagulls skittering away from the towering albino predator.

The shape shifter smiled to herself; "Show time." She thought as she thought as she searched for Star Fire. Or, I guess not Starfire, but the imposter that looked just like her.

That was the one thing about being an albino- your eyesight sucks.

She let out another thundering bellow- forgetting that she might be hurting her team mate's ears from the sheer volume of her voice, but that also meant that it was probably hurting fake-Raven and fake-Starfire's ears as well.

((I'm really enjoying this smile.gif I've never played a shape shifter before. Werewolf, yes, but never a shape shifter. If I make any mistakes please feel free to point them out! happy.gif

Sorry guys I could have sworn this went through last night... I'll catch up when I get home :-/))

The dust cloud was gathering around the vortex as the air currents carried it, causing the vortex to turn into a pseudo dust tornado... not that Jin had any intention of doing that in the first place. Relaxing his control, he let the vortex dissipate and watched as the dust cloud dispersed, the air currents no longer overpowering it and forcing it along one direction.

Having had no visibility, the sudden appearance of large plant like vines, some sort of dinosaur as well as a new member (Havoc) and three of the titans, all came as a surprise. He was barely able to make sense of the situation... however it seemed like it had calmed down. One of the girls had began making claims of these imposters being the real titans.. which if true had struck a nerve with Jin.

He grasped the hilt of his weapons tightly and prepared himself. He was not gonna let his guard down again.

Raven growled as people began to advance, and one even turned into a massive dinosaur. "Enough!" She thrust a set of shadows forward that contacted the other three Titans at once. They all gasped and flew backwards, landing under a ledge which had a lot of heavy material that composed a good chunk of arena overhead. Starfire let out a cry and unleashed a huge amount of bolts into the structure while the disoriented Titans beneath tried to get their bearings.

One final strike sent the whole thing crashing down, burying the Titans in a mountain of rubble. Raven turned and sent a shadow hurtling into Phoenix, clipping just enough that it sends her flying high into the air. No platform this time.

"Come and fight if you wish to give yourselves a chance," Raven stated pointedly.

Starfire nodded in assent. "It is most senseless to be destroyed so meaninglessly. Come and fight!" She sent a flurry of star bolts directly at Jin and Havoc, eyebeams locked on Luna's massive dinosaur snout, as though drilling into it with her power. Real or not, the fight was most certainly not over. The recruits would have to subdue them.

Havoc was a lot more physically skilled than Blitz. As she saw the starbolt coming at her, she jumped into a frontflip and bounded towards Starfire, beginning to get riled up. "You little censorkip.gif*!" the demonic figure shouted as she snapped to conjure up a flurry of more than twenty black balls of energy which hurled at Starfire. Though her anger increased her power, it also drained her more. The effects of the energy would also be seemingly null. The way they worked was, if one was hit by one of Havoc's lifeblood attacks, the subject would not feel anything. Sometimes they could even feel better. But then the subject would feel a little tingling - pins and needles - that was annoying at worst. Then they'd start to itch. And then it would be a real pain, where the intensity and duration would increase according to the concentration of energy in the blow. Of course, the emotion pure rage had every capability to kill on impact, though Havoc was not there yet. Despite her foul language and yelling, she was only slightly annoyed. Like a snake lunging wildly in an attempt to scare off predators before the real fight even begun, Havoc wished to simply disable the attackers, who she knew were the real Starfire and Raven. However, having gotten off on the wrong foot, it would take a while for Havoc to warm up to those two. Blitz, however, was easier to forgive and harder to anger. As soon as Havoc got close to Starfire, she realized her time was up and smiled before she disappeared into nothingness. As Havoc's form was shrugged off, Blitz collapsed into a heap on the ground before Starfire. Panting, the girl was slumped into the ground, using her forearms to keep herself up. "I don't know what this is assessing, but do not expect me to go down easily. I have fought much tougher battles, for this body is just a shell which houses my soul. A shell is easily broken, but a soul can only be stomped out if the owner is already lost." With that, she girl launched herself back a ways and extended one leg in a low fan kick while one was tucked under her to help keep her rooted in her spot. "I thought you of all people would know that, Starfire...," Blitz finished with gusto. Though she was tired, she could still keep going a bit. But she would definitely be eating like a pig afterwards.

(I don't know if any of you realized this, but Blitz/Havoc is a play on multiple personality disorder, like a representation of it. Some details are stretched to make the characters flow better, but that's the inspiration for it. xd.png)

Edited by Mousia

Pheonix flew, the shadow sending her high up. She sudden movement was so sudden she didn't really have much time to slow herself as she flew up and into a crumbling wall. She managed to avoid a lot of damage as she fell, but some debrix had cut her cheek. As she sat there on the ground, she smiled. She wiped off the blood on her cheek and stood. "Well, it's about time you guys started fighting at full strength. I guess that I don't need to pretend much about how inexperienced at fighting I am anymore." She took off her scarf, dropping it to the ground. She didn't hesitate to ignite her fists once the scarf was on the ground, the flames hovering over her knuckles. "Real or not, I'm not holding back!" She yelled, flying forward at Raven as fast as she could.

She didn't care whether or not this was the real Raven anymore. She wanted to win, she needed to win at something. If that meant going back to her villain days a little, then so be it. She was going to win, and when she won, she was going to be a better person. Right now though, she had to give in a little. Her arm was cocked back, aiming for Raven's face as it flew at roughly forty miles and hour. She wasn't going to miss, and she wasn't going easy. It would take all she had to take on these two Titans alone, much less both of them. Thankfully, she wasn't fighting alone, but the Titans were out, probably unable to move under all that rubble.

Luna made a grumbling sound as she watched the other three Titans came in- but once she saw Raven and Starfire attack their own team mates, she was almost certain that they couldn't be the real Starfire and Raven...

Almost.

She charged forward with a surprising amount straight towards the fake Starfire, not wanting to snap at her (just in case she was the real deal) but knowing she still needed to fight and help her team, so instead she swung her tail around, trying to knock the redheaded alien out of the sky.

"I hope the other Titans are okay..." She thought as she glanced over at the rubble that had buried the other three heroes.