PointOfOrigin

~ Secret Santa!

How often do you want the Secret gifting to be organized?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now that the event is over, I'd like to thank PointOfOrigin and Oasis for the organisation (though it was a little chaotic sometimes, but that's normal, considering the number of participants) and my gifter, hardwired, for the awesome presents: This 2nd gen Silver (for which I'll definitely get a proper mate next Halloween), a CB Swallowtail (and it gendered male ^__^), this super-awesome Seawyrm Pygmy (I really need to make a song lineage myself now :3), a 4th gen Gold Tinsel (haven't tried to breed it with my Ribbon Dancer yet, I really hope they don't refuse), a 2nd gen Moonstone (as a mate for one of my Snow Angels), and my favorite, a beautifully lineaged 4th gen Dorkface. Finding a mate for him will be hard, as I'll need a 4th gen PB Gold, but I accept the challenge. :> Meanwhile, he looks pretty nice with my Holly as well: Look!

Special thanks also to mandrakekeeper who seems to have supplied the whole thread with gifts. biggrin.gif I got this 4th gen Silver and an offspring from a really cool Stripe x Christmas lineage.

ahh, ya'll are welcome!. I had a blast. smile.gif

Sorry, I was away and only had my phone to keep up with DC last week. As for the issues, I think everything I considered has been discussed. I like the way it was done this year and I like the idea of having a way to see who is active, and who has not gotten gifts from their SS. I'm looking forward to the next one. xd.png

I want to thank PointOfOrigin and Oasis for all the hard work ya'll did with this thread.

I also want to thank my secret santa Sarah864 again for all the wonderful dragons you gave me. I love them all. biggrin.gif

Also, Thanks to everyone who gifted me dragons during this Secret Santa. I love all my pretties. xd.png

lol I still trying get what on my giftee list xd.png

It's okay, I'm still collecting gifts to give to my giftees as well. Since the make up period is until the 10th I just consider them fashionable late presents tongue.gif

Speaking of which, guys spam mandrakekeeper with pink hatchlings, cb tsunamis, and cb yellow crowns. I couldn't resist egglocking myself long enough to collect those. TT_TT

I bred my Rosebud again... and sadly she did not give me an egg sad.gif So I am reposting this in hopes that someone might try again for 2nd gold for me.

Thanks to anyone who tries to get this egg for me I really appreciate any help with this.

CapriciousT

well, no egg again and I tried fertility to help. sad.gif I'll try again next week if no one has been successful. fingers crossed someone's gold will be generous.

That's the current standing. Personally I wouldn't like to have more spots, but if there are any changes you want to suggest, go for it.

I'd bump it up to maybe 4th gen being the lowest for prizes to ask for? And if people want to give lower, they can. I know that was the one constant thing that I would have trouble giving and it seems like everyone was asking for them. But if TJ plays around with the ratios, feel free to ignore this.

It's okay, I'm still collecting gifts to give to my giftees as well. Since the make up period is until the 10th I just consider them fashionable late presents tongue.gif

Speaking of which, guys spam mandrakekeeper with pink hatchlings, cb tsunamis, and cb yellow crowns. I couldn't resist egglocking myself long enough to collect those. TT_TT

I actually just now started searching little things for my giftees xd.png I did the big thinks like Neglected, Cooper, Blusang ASAP, but I'm dragging my feat with easy to do stuff xd.png

I'd bump it up to maybe 4th gen being the lowest for prizes to ask for? And if people want to give lower, they can. I know that was the one constant thing that I would have trouble giving and it seems like everyone was asking for them. But if TJ plays around with the ratios, feel free to ignore this.

Yeah, a lot of those requests are what was left behind before we blacklisted 2nd gens. Personally, I'd like to see how will all of this with new prizes play out.

I can totally imagine myself in three or four years suddenly getting my hands on my giftee's last two wishes and sending them a very belated gift - I don't consider the gifting period to be *limiting* my collecting efforts biggrin.gif

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I actually just now started searching little things for my giftees xd.png I did the big thinks like Neglected, Cooper, Blusang ASAP, but I'm dragging my feat with easy to do stuff xd.png

Yeah, a lot of those requests are what was left behind before we blacklisted 2nd gens. Personally, I'd like to see how will all of this with new prizes play out.

I know right... I'm still missing a Seragamma Wyvern hatchie for my gifte, but otherwise the big things are completed (with bonus too biggrin.gif)

I honestly don't think 2G Prizes would become a lot more accessible even with the new raffle releases. 3G Prizes are still mission impossible for most people, but we shall see what the 2013 raffles would do to the prices of 3G and above.

Look at this! I fancy myself so pretty in red, it looks like I've put on my Santa outfit a second time.

Rudolph was rather pleased as well and just now we put a fiery gift on a certain doorstep, before we returned out into the wild, armed with glittery ribbons, open eyes and hopefully quick fingers.

It's good to see some elves are still around here, just in case wink.gif

I know right... I'm still missing a Seragamma Wyvern hatchie for my gifte, but otherwise the big things are completed (with bonus too biggrin.gif)

I honestly don't think 2G Prizes would become a lot more accessible even with the new raffle releases. 3G Prizes are still mission impossible for most people, but we shall see what the 2013 raffles would do to the prices of 3G and above.

I know you posted this really early in the morning, but if you still need a seragramma hatchie, PM me. I happen to have one.

Thanks SS Sarah864 and her elf assistant Ruby Eyes. I love them!! xd.png

Santa dropped off a couple eggs at 2 doors before disappearing into the night...

Alt lottery again... Working on my second giftee's list and they're after an alt vine - anyone had any luck there with the vines? I finally managed to get two vine eggs (my dragons all appear to be rather uncooperative at the moment) so hopefully I get lucky and one of them hatches as an alt...!

Alt lottery again... Working on my second giftee's list and they're after an alt vine - anyone had any luck there with the vines? I finally managed to get two vine eggs (my dragons all appear to be rather uncooperative at the moment) so hopefully I get lucky and one of them hatches as an alt...!

are they looking for a specific lineage? pure blood?, 2nd Gen?, etc? I think a lot of people, like me, are preparing for the upcoming Valentine breeding and egg hunt week. I can possibly try next week for a vine alt. depending on the lineage wanted, i may be limited to how many I can try. I only have a couple of cb's.

I can breed you as many vines as I want, but I don't think I can keep them for long. My scroll is already overbooked with Neglected experiments xd.png

The vines I breed only alt when they are on other people's scrolls biggrin.gif

Thanks guys - I tried with all my non-inbred vines today and got several refusals (?!) and two eggs... There's no specifics, just 'alt vine', so I'm going for non-inbred...

Heh, I'm also thinking about the V-day breeding period - I've also got limited internet this weekend and sorted a bunch of gifts in anticipation of this so that my giftee gets something sooner rather than later...

With my limited internet I might just see how these two hatch (so I don't tie anyone up with eggs and not being able to take them immediately). Mandrakekeeper, PointofOrigin, can I PM you about this next week (possibly after V-day madness... ) if I don't manage to get sufficient alt-vibes by then?

Haha, Ruby Eyes, that's what my problem is... My blacks don't have a problem alting every now and then... Vines, though...

I can breed you some Vine eggs, too - apart from the usual 2nd gen PBs I could also offer you siblings to him and her, if you'd like to try for an interesting Alt Vine lineage. The first pair is also very productive, two of their four children have alted. :>

Haha, Ruby Eyes, that's what my problem is... My blacks don't have a problem alting every now and then... Vines, though...

Well, my Blacks *also* only ever alt on other people's scrolls biggrin.gif

Let's see. I've gotten 2 eggs and influenced them as a pair, so if they don't alt, they may as well lay another alt attempt afterwards biggrin.gif

@ The Imago - those are some good odds!

@Ruby - Ah that sucks! As for the vines - thanks!

Ironically, I keep seeing vines in the cave lately and was thinking how I should have got more CB pairs but didn't bother... My one cb pair was one of the refusals, haha. Gotta love that. rolleyes.gif

Fayne: sure thing biggrin.gif

Alright, everyone. Amazon_Warrior and me have a treat for you.

Meet Success #2. He's looking for a nice home. The only condition is that it goes to someone without any Neglecteds. So, PM me. First person whose giftee is acceptable gets it.

And that's about it. This was the last series of experiments the two of us are doing.

I like the tier system.

BUT BUT BUT wait...

I like it better as a LIST tiered system. NOT as an User (Trophy) tiered system.

From what people say and from my perspective, the tiers are successful more so if tied to the list, not to the user.

Many people DO have different playstyles. Some who have been on here since like the beginning are only beginning to reach 200 dragons, thanks to the hefty dose of new releases in the past year.

And so forth.

I love my Secret Santa - she completed my unbreedable desires with a gorgeous genderless CB ND.

I tell ya - that took my breath away.

I look forward to the next event and I've spoken with PointofOrigin about various ways of organizing.

She has full permission from me to trawl through my thread for ideas, inspirations, or even copy the same system that I have.

My thread's linked via the big blue banner in my signature! *G*

Edited by simkim

Fayne: sure thing biggrin.gif

Alright, everyone. Amazon_Warrior and me have a treat for you.

Meet Success #2. He's looking for a nice home. The only condition is that it goes to someone without any Neglecteds. So, PM me. First person whose giftee is acceptable gets it.

And that's about it. This was the last series of experiments the two of us are doing.

can you tell me your secret on getting them, so I can try again, I use the site The allure of neglected dragon site without any success, so any extra advise is welcome

I need help

Forum name: mblansett

Dragons Needed: CB Silver, Neglected, A gold shimmer x single breed BSA perfect stair (lasts items on their list ( I just don't have gold shimmer that have perfect stair of bsa dragon-all mine are water or not perfect stair)) and I have no luck with neglected. I keep hunting for the cb silver.

Are you Willing to trade for it? yes, but not sure what i have that I can breed and trade that be worth it. (scroll My Webpage if you want to check and see if I have something worth breed to trade)

to update

thank you PointOfOrigin

Edited by mblansett