PointOfOrigin

~ Secret Santa!

How often do you want the Secret gifting to be organized?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted twice a year - gives everyone a bit of downtime between events (hopefully enough for the organisers as well!) and breaks up the year a bit too. More often than not I've heard 'mid-winter Christmas' advertised in July to make up for winter being mid-year here in NZ. That doesn't quite work in the northern hemisphere though. tongue.gif

Considering I still want a normal black hatchling, what is the bet that the eggs due to hatch in a couple of hours will alt? rolleyes.gif

Fayne, I have 5 2nd gen normal hatchlings, all influenced, 3 male and 2 female, although none have definitely gendered yet. What do you need and I can post 1 or several to you, if you need them.

Oh that heartbreaking moment when you see an egg your giftee wants in the cave and you totally skip over it and go to a new page! DX lol I think I've done that like twice now. Well, back to hunting.

Fayne, I have 5 2nd gen normal hatchlings, all influenced, 3 male and 2 female, although none have definitely gendered yet. What do you need and I can post 1 or several to you, if you need them.

Woo, no worries! They hatched as normal blacks. I'll be sending one off to my giftee later.

3 days till my cb blacks are available again - if anyone still needs an alt by then I'll breed them and see what comes up.

Secret Gifters sounds good (although I still say "The Amzaing Sarah864" is the best name) I'm egglocked till someone picks up a transfer but I can catch (or trade for) some pretty good stuff and I have many pretty even gens in case someone needs one for their Secret Santa. Until then I'm just waiting on IOUs unless anyone has extra red hatchlings or a silver x blue nebula checker egg they'd like to donate >:] Already have some reds and some more are on their way but yeah. tongue.gif

Edit: Looks like it's going to be twice a year.

i actually have the 2 2nd gens to make a checker, but they refused sad.gif

I voted for four, which even I think could be tough to manage but.. darnit.. this is always so much fun!! smile.gif I'm always sad when it is done and over with.

Aside from my upcoming 8th and final gift to my giftee I think I am done throwing eggs and hatchies at her. Hopefully she enjoyed it as much from her side as I did from mine. Then all I have to do is sit back and wait for my Santa to head this way. With 2 weeks still left I'm not even remotely worried. Well, ok, I am worried that maybe the Polar Vortex froze poor ol' Rudolph's nose and they ended up in Oz instead. laugh.gif

@mandrakekeeper and @djengis thank you both for trying. I'll get one eventually. ninja.gif

Anyways, does anyone need/want this failed but still pretty nebula checker hatchling http://dragcave.net/lineage/8h6bF ? If not I'll just post this in the community thread, if so... PM me a dummy hatchling link! smile.gif

Edit: Gone!

Edited by Sarah864

I got my lovely and amazing gifts from my secret santa, and I'm so happy <3 I'll be frantically looking for mates to each of my checker babies for the rest of the year~

Haven't heard from my gifter yet - there's still time before gifting ends but I just want to check with PointOfOrigin or Oasis if my wishlist has been sent? xd.png Just in case xd.png Thank you!

Voted for twice a year - more would be too much work for the organizers IMO

Ollis46 sent four little bloodscale hatchlings wandering towards my cave. smile.gif Thank you! <3

Edited by StormWizard212

Voted for thrice a year, then changed my mind the moment after. xd.png I decided I wanted a nice, even number--like 2.

In case everyone here wasn't already aware...

Sarah864 is the best Secret Santa that ever Santa-ed.

We even share a first name :3

I just wanted to make a big public awesome THANK YOU for being awesome.

Edited by psyrae

I currently have to give away to Santas

CB Tan Ridgewing

Purple Dino

CB Golden Wyvern

CB Magma

PM me if you need any of those smile.gif All gone

Edited by blah

Another public Thankyou: CapriciousT is awesome wub.gif *swoons*

With their permission I can finally thank my Secret Santa publicly without being vague. wub.gif

Shishiza has been a fantastic Secret Santa, her generosity knows no bounds, for I have received far more than I could have ever expected. I was very grateful for the first gift, and by the second I was speechless - there are just so many lovely people on this forum. So many. The thing is, Shishiza didn't stop at five or six special gifts - no, so far I have received seventeen. Seventeen gifts. words cannot simply explain how much this means to me. To have someone take the time to find things that I liked, especially as I was quite specific with my list - I only wanted to make sure my gifter could find something I would like without too much stress. I can only hope to be able to pay this generosity forward, to make someones day, week, month, just as mine has been made.

This is the first time I have ever participated in an organised gifting group, other than Breeding, Gifting as someone receiving something; and what can I say, Secret Santa is truly a fantastic group of people, both the active participants and the organisers. Pat yourselves on your backs, you deserve it for being such a nice, generous group of people!

In case everyone here wasn't already aware...

Sarah864 is the best Secret Santa that ever Santa-ed.

We even share a first name :3

I just wanted to make a big public awesome THANK YOU for being awesome.

Just wait until your last gift biggrin.gif and you're welcome! Its always a pleasure to meet other Sarahs

Edited by Sarah864

Haven't heard from my gifter yet - there's still time before gifting ends but I just want to check with PointOfOrigin or Oasis if my wishlist has been sent? xd.png Just in case xd.png Thank you!

Voted for twice a year - more would be too much work for the organizers IMO

All of the wishlists have been sent. And, I pmed your gifter again.

@VampiricOmen

Thank you~

I'm honored to be your Santa biggrin.gif

---

I voted for twice a year. I really like this event and once a year is totally not enough for me xd.png

Having it for 3-4 times a year would be very hard for organizers as they won't have time to rest all year long.

---

If anyone need checker lineage for their giftee, I have this beauty over here.

Just pm me.

Brown Copper egg (male gold x brown copper female)

Edited by shishiza

I voted twice a year - gives everyone a bit of downtime between events (hopefully enough for the organisers as well!) and breaks up the year a bit too. More often than not I've heard 'mid-winter Christmas' advertised in July to make up for winter being mid-year here in NZ. That doesn't quite work in the northern hemisphere though. tongue.gif

Considering I still want a normal black hatchling, what is the bet that the eggs due to hatch in a couple of hours will alt?  rolleyes.gif

i have a normal 2G PB male influenced black hatchie that you can have (Its at the beginning of my scroll if you want to look with the other black egg. The 2g PB egg hasn't hatched yet if you need a female

ETA oops just seen you have one

so is anybody else still looking for PB 2nd gen black alts?

I voted for once a year (to keep it special). also I'm not on the computer as much during the summer

Edited by velvet_paw

I voted for once a year. I think it is good as it is. This is the first year I participated, and it was so much fun!

But it is stressing trying to fulfill a list. I know we are only obligued to give a single egg, but I think if we can, at least, try to fulfill a list, it makes the giftee happy. I haven't gotten everything on my list, but my gifter was an awesome, awesome person, and I am very grateful to her. biggrin.gif

my giftee has picked up the first few gifts. there is still one more to be picked up. if I'm lucky, I may be able to get another one. :-D

ps: this's how secret santa is supposed to work. my giftee keeps picking up the gifts and I keep finding new things for my giftee until we're both exhausted. lol

pss: I voted once a year. I'm not against the idea of non-stop gifting but since I think this is a special event and it wont' be as special if we do it too often.

Edited by teresadurfin

Well, finally sent off my first gifts to my giftee. It's kind of short notice for one of the hatchies, so I hope they see it in time! unsure.gif