PointOfOrigin

~ Secret Santa!

How often do you want the Secret gifting to be organized?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted for twice a year as well, it's more than once a year and not quite as much work as three times a year. Four times a year I couldn't cope with, although I am not against the idea in the least. I love gifting!

I've sent another pm to my giftee with a link to another gift, hopefully she will see it when she returns from vacation today (or tomorrow?). Looking forward to seeing her reaction! smile.gif

I have 2 CB Green Opals and a Cheese if any of you could use them for your giftee?

one green Opal and the cheese left - pm me if you need/want one. smile.gif

Edited by Skythestral

I voted for twice a year. I really love this game, but I'm nearly constantly locked with gifts right now. It just takes too much effot to do it more often.

Secret gifters sounds good, but maybe the Secret Santa could stay for the event around christmas? Or if its really going to be twice a year, we could call it Secret Santa in July ^^

I think if we did it more than twice a year we should limit wish lists to two or three items and though I voted for more, twice a year is just as good.

Secret Gifters sounds good (although I still say "The Amzaing Sarah864" is the best name) I'm egglocked till someone picks up a transfer but I can catch (or trade for) some pretty good stuff and I have many pretty even gens in case someone needs one for their Secret Santa. Until then I'm just waiting on IOUs unless anyone has extra red hatchlings or a silver x blue nebula checker egg they'd like to donate >:] Already have some reds and some more are on their way but yeah. tongue.gif

Edit: Looks like it's going to be twice a year.

Edited by Sarah864

I voted for three times a year, but twice a year would be good as well. I think 4 or more times a year would just be pushing it though, with times needed for getting everyone's wishlists in and assigning secret santas and checking if people are still around so no one is left out, and breeding/trading/catching gifts, and then giving them, i don't know if that many times a year would really leave enough time for everything that needs to be done.

I haven't heard from my Secret Santa yet, but I did get a nice gift that was on my wishlist from another gifter, so I can't complain. I want to thank Nooein for my lovely CB Thunder hatchling, which gendered just perfectly for what I needed it for. biggrin.gif

Other than that, just trying to get some pesky dragons to cooperate in breeding since they are being a bit bratty about it right now. xd.png

I voted a different way but if we go with twice a year it could be the Secret Solstice Gifters.

I voted a different way but if we go with twice a year it could be the Secret Solstice Gifters.

That's an idea for the summer event smile.gif Honestly thread name is the least of our worries - it can always be changed. I could change this thread's name if I wanted to.

Well, if there was a gifting four times a year, you guys would get a two month breather between each of them. Us mods, however, would pretty much have to work constantly on it.

I'm not for four times not because of how hard it would be, but because it wouldn't be that special anymore - part of the thread spirit would be lost.

Sarah, just tried two Silver X Nebula pairs for you. Got nothing dry.gif

That's an idea for the summer event smile.gif Honestly thread name is the least of our worries - it can always be changed. I could change this thread's name if I wanted to.

Well, if there was a gifting four times a year, you guys would get a two month breather between each of them. Us mods, however, would pretty much have to work constantly on it.

I'm not for four times not because of how hard it would be, but because it wouldn't be that special anymore - part of the thread spirit would be lost.

Sarah, just tried two Silver X Nebula pairs for you. Got nothing dry.gif

Hmmm, you're right 4 times would be a bit rough. However, it looks as though many people want 2 times regardless. And darn dry.gif Remind me to bug you again in 7 days for an egg.

Still nothing from my Santa...did he/she read the PM?

I have a CB Blue Nebula hatchie if anyone needs it for their giftee..? Just shoot me a PM^^

Still nothing from my Santa...did he/she read the PM?

I have a CB Blue Nebula hatchie if anyone needs it for their giftee..? Just shoot me a PM^^

They actually just PM-ed me. Turns out they haven't gotten your wishlist. Sorry for that mistake dry.gif

They actually just PM-ed me. Turns out they haven't gotten your wishlist. Sorry for that mistake dry.gif

That's ok, thanks for letting me know smile.gif Did you see the post about my name on the wishlist? If not: it seems I confused my own name...too many usernames^^'' it should be just Glyndlamir instead of Glyndlamir92

Your name actually got us confused when we first sent out list. It's hard to send a PM to the user who doesn't exist xd.png

Your name actually got us confused when we first sent out list. It's hard to send a PM to the user who doesn't exist xd.png

Haha, sorry about that...-.-¨

Haha, sorry about that...-.-¨

Had to go through 20 pages until I found your sign up form and made sure that it was you.

I voted twice a year - gives everyone a bit of downtime between events (hopefully enough for the organisers as well!) and breaks up the year a bit too. More often than not I've heard 'mid-winter Christmas' advertised in July to make up for winter being mid-year here in NZ. That doesn't quite work in the northern hemisphere though. tongue.gif

Considering I still want a normal black hatchling, what is the bet that the eggs due to hatch in a couple of hours will alt? rolleyes.gif

Secret Gifters sounds good (although I still say "The Amzaing Sarah864" is the  best name) I'm egglocked till someone picks up a transfer but I can catch (or trade for) some pretty good stuff and I have many pretty even gens in case someone needs one for their Secret Santa. Until then I'm just waiting on IOUs unless anyone has extra red hatchlings or a silver x blue nebula checker egg they'd like to donate >:] Already have some reds and some more are on their way but yeah. tongue.gif

Edit: Looks like it's going to be twice a year.

Does it absolutely have to be a checker? Or could you do something like accept 2G Silver x Blue Nebulas and breed a checker on your own scroll?

Sarah, just tried two Silver X Nebula pairs for you. Got nothing  dry.gif

Ninja'd ninja.gif

I like this name too.

Edited by delboy

Does it absolutely have to be a checker? Or could you do something like accept 2G Silver x Blue Nebulas and breed a checker on your own scroll?

My silvers are booked for an IOU and I dont have any egg slots or a cb blue nebula. Im guessing it has to be a checker because it was a specific lineage request. Idk I pretty much got everything else, Im just bothering people for it because lineages are difficult to find and both silvers and nebulas are a pain to breed

My silvers are booked for an IOU and I dont have any egg slots or a cb blue nebula. Im guessing it has to be a checker because it was a specific lineage request. Idk I pretty much got everything else, Im just bothering people for it because lineages are difficult to find and both silvers and nebulas are a pain to breed

It would be easier on people who have both CB Silvers and CB Blue Nebulas if you ask for the separate components of a checker rather than a premade one, though. As to getting out of egglock by the time the breeding is done, you could specify on your request to PM you before breeding to give you time to unlock.

(Is asking because I only have -one- pair tongue.gif)

It would be easier on people who have both CB Silvers and CB Blue Nebulas if you ask for the separate components of a checker rather than a premade one, though. As to getting out of egglock by the time the breeding is done, you could specify on your request to PM you before breeding to give you time to unlock.

(Is asking because I only have -one- pair tongue.gif)

I hadnt thought about that :/ *flies off in search of 2nd gens*

I hadnt thought about that :/ *flies off in search of 2nd gens*

i'm waiting for my silvers to come off cool down to try for you.

Claudii - you are very welcome. smile.gif

and

Oasis - Thanks again for the wee winter one. Santa has placed it on Saltpath's door just now with the cutest little bow wrapped around it. smile.gif

Edited by mandrakekeeper