PointOfOrigin

~ Secret Santa!

How often do you want the Secret gifting to be organized?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ah, I forgot to post this before - but if anyone needs a Chicken it's off cooldown in about two hours.

I need help

Forum name: banban007

Dragons Needed:

3G bronze tinsel descending stair from a marrow or grave (Marrow preferred) - someone trying to breed it. Thanks in advance.biggrin.gif

silver from Magma male/Silver female checker OR 2nd gen silver x male magma

Are you Willing to trade for it? Sure, I'll breed anything on my scroll. None of my dragons have waiting list right now, a few of them on cooldown though. Please PM me. wink.gif

Edited by banban007

I... I'm speechless. My gifter gave me five gifts, and so I think, they've been so generous and kind, and wow.

I came back after eating dinner, and found another PM from them. In the transport link... a 3G Silver Shimmer and a paper. I feel like I'm going to cry, just from the generosity.. I -adore- papers and silver shimmers, and... I'm speechless. All I can say is thank you, but the words don't express the depth of my gratitude..

I don't know if my giftee has been on the site recently? She hasn't responded in 24 hours. Kinda early to assume, but whenever I look on her scroll, there are a lot of dead eggs and eggs nearing that point (both with almost no views at all).

Any Suggestions?

Edited by Snow125

I don't know if my giftee has been on the site recently? She hasn't responded in 24 hours. Kinda early to assume, but whenever I look on her scroll, there are a lot of dead eggs and eggs nearing that point (with almost no views at all).

Any Suggestions?

Is the giftee new to the site? Sometimes new people decide that reading the whole FAQ thread is too much trouble, so they don't realise that you need to add dragons to fansites for them to get views. Also, if you click on the Find all posts by this member button on the person's profile you can see how long ago they posted on the forums.

Hope this helped!

Just wanted to check before setting up trades. Does anyone have or is willing to breed me a blue nebula x silver checker?

i tried to breed you one but got nothing. i can try again next week.

I don't know if my giftee has been on the site recently? She hasn't responded in 24 hours. Kinda early to assume, but whenever I look on her scroll, there are a lot of dead eggs and eggs nearing that point (both with almost no views at all).

Any Suggestions?

If it were me, I'd cancel all of the transport links and stick them in hatcheries if necessary. Then I'd PM her one more time, letting her know why everything was cancelled and emphasize that you can hold eggs if needed(if you want). But if she doesn't respond after another 24 hours, perhaps gift them to others. It's better than having them sit or die.

Any Suggestions?

It was over three days (78 hours) before my giftee responded and picked up their first two eggs. I immediately wrote back with the links for the second pair, but they didn't check back. These eggs can incuhatch now, so if they don't pick them up soon, I will probably find someone else who will appreciate them. We'll see.

I want to participate!

Forum name: BearTeddie

Scroll name: BearTeddie

Wishlist:

1. A 3rd/4th Gen Silver Shimmerscale

2. CB Bluesang

3. CB Nebula/2nd Gen Nebula

4. Any spiral lineage egg

5. CB Neb Hatchie

6. An alt vine

Selling my soul, if you need any egg/lineage of mine, go on.

Edited by BearTeddie

still havent heard from my giftee or gifter, havent gotten a pm about anything really, kinda disappointed in the lack of communication

Edited by Tasokie

I want to participate!

Forum name: BearTeddie

Scroll name: BearTeddie

Wishlist:

1. A 3rd/4th Gen Silver Shimmerscale

Selling my soul, if you need any egg/lineage of mine, go on.

Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain you need to fill everything out? Not everyone is capable of getting one of those, and so a full wish list makes sure everyone can receive a gift.

I think. ^.^

Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty certain you need to fill everything out? Not everyone is capable of getting one of those, and so a full wish list makes sure everyone can receive a gift.

I think. ^.^

Fixed it, thanks.

It seems I misread.

I traded in multiple eggs to fulfill my giftee's wishlist and I've been holding 6 eggs and egglocked myself for over 4 days; however, both pms from me to my giftee haven't been responded. due to lack of respond from my giftee (to pick up eggs), gifter (I don't even know if i have a gifter or if my gifter has read his/her PM about secret santa) and mods for help, I've decided to withdraw from this years' secret santa. thx for setting this up and i had a lot of fun with previous Halloween gifting and secret santa but unfortunately, this round has proven to be rather frustrating to wait for days without any communication from anyone. -teresa

I traded in multiple eggs to fulfill my giftee's wishlist and I've been holding 6 eggs and egglocked myself for over 4 days; however, both pms from me to my giftee haven't been responded. due to lack of respond from my giftee (to pick up eggs), gifter (I don't even know if i have a gifter or if my gifter has read his/her PM about secret santa) and mods for help, I've decided to withdraw from this years' secret santa. thx for setting this up and i had a lot of fun with previous Halloween gifting and secret santa but unfortunately, this round has proven to be rather frustrating to wait for days without any communication from anyone. -teresa

don't give up. i haven't heard from my gifter either but i'm having fun just randomly gifting to people. if your giftee is not responding then look for other people that requested similar eggs and give to them.

we have a month to gift so i'm just being patient with my gifter. he/she may be on vacation and just not around right now but will be back later on to gift. you just never know.

try and stick it out and just have some fun right now.

I understand that it is frustrating when giftees don't pick up their eggs and there is absolutely no response. Did you use the message tracker? Did your giftee read your message? If they have, I would definitely give the eggs away or do with them whatever I want to do, as I think it is quite rude not to respond PMs for such a long time. But if they haven't I would probable do the same, as 4 days are quite a long time to hold eggs. About Oasis, have you tried to send her a PM about this? Or did you just post here? Because in this thread things get easily lost, as there are so many people posting.

And I wouldn't mind the fact that you haven't heard of your gifter yet too much. You are not alone with this, and the gifting period lasts for the whole month, so there is much time left.

i have a golden wyvern on cool down. let me know if you need one for your giftee.

i'm also hatching a cb black at the moment that i found in the AP. if you need it for your giftee, let me know. black hatchling GONE

if i don't hear from anyone, i'll just randomly give away to someone.

Edited by mandrakekeeper

I just received my gift from my secret santa, ninetails.

My gitfs are just lovely!I so like them.Silver shimmer and blue copper is just awsome idea wub.gif

Edited by Anavi_Ivy

Have these two available:

CB Ice hatchling - claimed

Green Dino s2

PM me if you need one for a giftee, or if you wished for it and have no gifter. smile.gif

Edited by Shroomlet

I just wanted to say thanks again to my super mega awesome Santa Shroomlet who has made all my wishes come true in this thread. I never in my wildest dreams thought that anyone could fulfil all the items on my wishlist or that someone would be so generous to gift them to me.(I was gifted a CB female gold and a CB green copper this morning).So thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are the best!

ETA Many thanks also to Oasis and Point of Origin without whom this thread would not have been possible

Edited by velvet_paw

This is the first time I've participated in such a large scale organized gifting thread. I cannot believe the generosity of people who have participated, especially the generosity of the person assigned to be my gifter. Shout out to you! I'll keep your name anonymous, but you have time and time again made my day during this week! We had some bad news within the family last week and I've been feeling a bit down because of it. You and a couple of other special people have kept me feeling optimistic, through acts of generosity that words cannot thank enough.

I can only hope that I can pay that generosity forward to my giftee, as she too is a fantastic, kind hearted person from what I have learned through messaging her. smile.gif

Keep up the good work everyone!

Does anyone need an Alt Vine hatchie for their giftee? It's 3rd Gen EG see here

If nobody needs it, I'll try to trade it.

Edited by Glyndlamir

I just wanted to say thanks again to my super mega awesome Santa Shroomlet who has made all my wishes come true in this thread. I never in my wildest dreams thought that anyone could fulfil all the items on my wishlist or that someone would be so generous to gift them to me. (I was gifted a CB female gold and a CB green copper this morning). So thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are the best!

Thank you for your kind words, velvet_paw!

Having you as my giftee was a great pleasure and I am very happy I could fulfill your wishes. smile.gif

However, I am more of a conduit here. Almost all of the dragons involved were made possible due to the kindness and generosity of other awesome members of this community - I was gifted the parents or their owners lottoed them off. I see it as a great privilege that I was given - often by chance - the possibility to give, and making others happy gives me great joy.

I am looking forward to the next round of Secret Santa and hope I again get the chance to show someone they deserve to have some wishes come true. You certainly did! laugh.gif

And also from me another big thank you to our organizers and all the people helping each other out with gifts - you are the reason DC is awesome! wub.gif

I have sort of caught a CB Thunder and a CB Magma by accident. Is there anyone here who needs one of those for their giftee? PM me! smile.gif EDIT: Magma is gone, Thunder still available.

My own Santa is absolutely the best biggrin.gif I just received two more gifts that I absolutely love wub.gif

I am so sorry for everyone who hasn't heard from their Santa of their giftee, it has to be frustrating. Maybe a few Santas are afraid to pm when they don't have a gift ready, yet? In case you are Santas, just send a nice merry christmas message and say you're working on a gift. Everyone will understand that, you have a whole month!

Edited by blah