PointOfOrigin

~ Secret Santa!

How often do you want the Secret gifting to be organized?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's been two days since I PM'd my giftee with her first set of gifts, but she hasn't yet responded or accepted. I'm a little anxious; what should I do next? I've managed to put together the majority of the things on her list (thank you Kallistrate and tishavara for helping!), but they have just been sitting on my scroll. Some of the eggs are ER now, and the hatchie I had for her grew up already (luckily I was able to trade it for an egg with more time before it was too late).

I'm in Oasis's half, btw. Should I send my giftee another PM? I don't mind waiting a bit longer. I just want someone to tell me what I should do. huh.gif

I would influence and hatch the eggs as if they were my own, either they pick it up or they lose out and it's their own fault. And I had a look at your scroll, those are some very nice eggs happy.gif

I would send another PM though, sometimes these things are weird. So far, my giftee has thanked me enthusiastically for one gift, ignored another and took yet another without commenting on it - I admit it confuses me, but it's a sign that PMs can always go funny ways.

Edited by blah

Tecca - Two days is a reasonable amount of time to send them another PM and let them know you're okay with holding for a little while longer, but you'd hate for the eggs to grow up and mature before they ever got to check on them. Is their email private? If not, you might try sending them an email. School and work is back in session for many and some are preparing to head back to school now, so it's a busy time, and it's understandable some people may have forgotten or not had time to check DC yet. (I didn't memorize gifting times, partly why I was completely locked by the time PMs rolled out, lol.)

I do hope they become responsive!

stellalala - It was mentioned this was fine to ask, so I don't think you sound anxious. I'll just note my situation, though - I was locked (completely locked) and with 7 days left eggs when I noticed my PM. Been having to wait for space, so I couldn't even go looking for gifts. The list I got there's only one thing I can get myself, the rest I am having to try trading for. So your gifter may be in a similar situation or in one I mentioned above with school and stuff. Your list doesn't look horribly hard, but it is one that would personally take some time for me. I hope they're just waiting to surprise you - good luck!

~

And on my on note, I have a post up in the Even Gen thread here in trading, if anybody wanders by it and can help me... xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I was hesitating to send my giftee another PM because I sent her three already - the first one with the gifts, a second one immediately after because I accidentally put the wrong teleport link in the first one tongue.gif, and then a third a little later because I had to trade the hatchie and make a new teleport link. That last one was a day and a half ago. I didn't think to email though, and her email is not private, so I that's what I'll probably do. I want Oasis to weigh in first, though.

Edited by Tecca

It's been two days since I PM'd my giftee with her first set of gifts, but she hasn't yet responded or accepted. I'm a little anxious; what should I do next? I've managed to put together the majority of the things on her list (thank you Kallistrate and tishavara for helping!), but they have just been sitting on my scroll. Some of the eggs are ER now, and the hatchie I had for her grew up already (luckily I was able to trade it for an egg with more time before it was too late).

I'm in Oasis's half, btw. Should I send my giftee another PM? I don't mind waiting a bit longer. I just want someone to tell me what I should do. huh.gif

Your giftee has not been active for the last two weeks, and it is likely that you will be reassigned in the morning~

Sorry for the inconvenience~

Ah, Oasis, how's my gifter doing?

And if there's someone who hasn't been gifted and no one spare to gift them (unlikely, I know) I wouldn't mind being assigned to them - mine didn't go quite as well as I was hoping. xd.png

Aww, that's a bummer re: Tecca's giftee.

But! Just for future reference - that's the beauty of tracking messages. If you make a mess-up or feel like the number you sent ended up as spammy, you can just delete some of the unnecessary PMs. =3

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Ah, Oasis, how's my gifter doing?

And if there's someone who hasn't been gifted and no one spare to gift them (unlikely, I know) I wouldn't mind being assigned to them - mine didn't go quite as well as I was hoping. xd.png

Well, they've been on DC but not the forums... We'll wait a week or so before reassigning them.

And no, luckily the way the system works everyone has one gifter and one giftee.

Alright. x3

Ha, guess I'll take on the role of gift-helper then~ Except there is no need for a role because everyone's being so nice and helpful biggrin.gif

Anyone still need a cb blusang for their giftee? First one to pm me their giftee's santa wishlist and a teleport link to a dummy egg gets it. And yes I do respond (impatiently) fast. Edited by Sarah864

So it has been over 12 hours since my giftee collected their gifts. No response to my message .... not even a simple "Thank you". And I admit that makes me feel a little disappointed.

However, when I look at the entire secret santa event and so many people giving out multiple gifts, and others helping people to get what they need for their giftee, that makes me happy to see the spirit of the event.

There are some awesome DCers out there.

Oh and big thumbs up to PointofOrigin and Oasis for organising the whole thing. Thanks guys smile.gif

Your giftee has not been active for the last two weeks, and it is likely that you will be reassigned in the morning~

Sorry for the inconvenience~

That's too bad. I was so happy to have gotten the things she wanted. Now to start over from scratch with another wishlist. Well, it's fun to gift, so I guess I don't mind that much. smile.gif In fact I wish we could do Secret Santa twice a year! (Christmas in July, maybe? xd.png )

Oh and big thumbs up to PointofOrigin and Oasis for organising the whole thing. Thanks guys smile.gif

Most definitely! Thank you PointofOrigin and Oasis for being generals of the Santa army.

Edited by Tecca

In fact I wish we could do Secret Santa twice a year! (Christmas in July, maybe?  xd.png )

I would enjoy that. I don't celebrate holidays, so for me this is just a fun game to play, and give and all, so for me.. I don't see why we couldn't do this in July! Well.. Unless Origin and Oasis didn't want to run it for us, as they rock. biggrin.gif

*hands out cheeseburgers* Just for you, Enig. smile.gif

Edited by EscapistLore

Most definitely! Thank you PointofOrigin and Oasis for being generals of the Santa army.

Completely this. Thank you!

Do you want thank yous in kitten pictures or virtual cheeseburgers?

Completely this. Thank you!

Do you want thank yous in kitten pictures or virtual cheeseburgers?

How about pictures of kittens eating virtual hamburgers?

So glad to see everyone enjoying this.

Edited by Oasis

Sent another gift via pm to my giftee, hopefully caught her before she goes on vacation. That's things from the top three off the list (unless I'm able to catch something elusive), now for the remaining three. I know I only needed to gift one, but it's so fun! :3

My gifter has been so very generous to me as well! I couldn'd have asked for better gifts. wub.gif

A general... Pointy likes that xd.png

Aww guys, you'd like this twice a year? July, nice time to break monotomy of the summer... Just not sure if I'll sort everything out for my first college year by then. *ponders*

I'll send out emails to the people who haven't read my PMs yet.

Was wondering, does anyone else want to join in? If some people don't respond we could throw in someone instead of them. Mind you, they probably wouldn't be matched up with their gifters and giftees completely. And those would be limited spots on the first come first serve basis.

Anyone interested?

Meh I wish my giftee was on at this time.. This egglock is aggravating :/

My gifter sent me an egg like yesterday, and I still can't pick it up. I feels bad.

Oasis, will you be doing this as well? I know my giftee will be so disappointed (whenever she comes back on) to have missed out, and it would be great to give the other non-responders one last chance as well.

A general... Pointy likes that xd.png

Aww guys, you'd like this twice a year? July, nice time to break monotomy of the summer... Just not sure if I'll sort everything out for my first college year by then. *ponders*

Was wondering, does anyone else want to join in? If some people don't respond we could throw  in someone instead of them. Mind you, they probably wouldn't be matched up with their gifters and giftees completely. And those would be limited spots on the first come first serve basis.

Anyone interested?

I must say I absolutely enjoy the excitement and giving nature of this event, and I would love to see it happen more than once a year too! It's awesome to help each other, and I absolutely loved my gifts.

if you need someone to help get gifts for any of the people who need to be reassigned, let me know. And if you decide to do this in the summer and need help organizing or anything let me know.

Edited by dsnet06

Oasis, will you be doing this as well? I know my giftee will be so disappointed (whenever she comes back on) to have missed out, and it would be great to give the other non-responders one last chance as well.

Yeah.. I've sent out a couple already and will do more.

Looking through the people that haven't said anything yet though, most of them don't have anything growing on their scrolls and I expect that they have resigned.

Ah, I'll help out in the summer too if you need me to~ I end college in late June, iirc, and seeing as it's likely to be around July xd.png

Just putting this out there: It is very unlikely that I'd be able to do a summer event as I'm with my mother in July, August, and September and she doesn't have a PC

:C