PointOfOrigin

~ Secret Santa!

How often do you want the Secret gifting to be organized?  

202 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The thing is - I don't. I was told it was meant to be regifted to someone who needed it more, but I'm no good at that...should I just put it on Departures? I hoped this would go better sad.gif

Wait what is the thing?

The thing is - I don't. I was told it was meant to be regifted to someone who needed it more, but I'm no good at that...should I just put it on Departures? I hoped this would go better sad.gif

just throwing out a suggestion...

look at the lists here and find someone who requested the same thing or look at other threads that people request certain eggs (like the gifting tree, etc.) and gift it out there...

just my 2 cents. smile.gif

Edited by mandrakekeeper

Wait what is the thing?

tl;dr - I PMed my giftee and was told to regift it to someone who needed it more. And I'm the sort of person who doesn't know what to do in situations such as this, so...

Thanks for sending my list Oasis! I'll try to catch/breed their wishes myself, but I'll know who to go to if worst comes to worst. biggrin.gif Also, everyone seems so secretive at the moment. blink.gifxd.png

tl;dr - I PMed my giftee and was told to regift it to someone who needed it more. And I'm the sort of person who doesn't know what to do in situations such as this, so...

Well since I don't know what it is, I would go with mandrakekeeper's idea or go to the giving tree if possible. Whenever I can I'll gift to people who have been waiting for and egg at TGT since anyone can take stuff from the departures board.

Let's hope last week's catching skills smile on me now. Haha. Thanks for arranging this, Oasis and PointofOrigin!

Wow. Mandrake, I completely missed your post. xd.png

Anyway, it's a messy Bronze Shimmer Thuwed, if anyone has anyone who wanted a messy Shimmer/Thuwed...I'll see if I can find someone.

(I said it was a Tinsel earlier iirc, because the parent Shimmer is called Tinselcrest ^^; )

Wow. Mandrake, I completely missed your post. xd.png

Anyway, it's a messy Bronze Shimmer Thuwed, if anyone has anyone who wanted a messy Shimmer/Thuwed...I'll see if I can find someone.

(I said it was a Tinsel earlier iirc, because the parent Shimmer is called Tinselcrest ^^; )

Welll I suppose you should just drop it in departures then. :/

Not sure who would want it for anything other than freezing... maybe if you have the time you could hatch it and then see if your giftee wants it? Are they egglocked?

I...don't know, but they just said...I don't know. It's too early/late/whatever. I'll see if they responded in the morning, then if they haven't then it can go to departures.

why me. sad.gif

I got my PM! biggrin.gif Yay! I was hoping to send all the gifts I can provide in one blow. I don't want my giftee spying on my scroll! tongue.gif I just hope that he/she doesn't get too sad while waiting for all of them!

Edited by Natevaelle

Help request

My giftee has some pretty specific requests that would be pretty easy for some of you to help me with (I am lacking the CBs necessary to breed them):

2nd-gen Crimson Flare Pygmy from Male Pumpkin

2nd-gen Gold from Yulebuck (admittedly, not so easy to get)

I have managed to breed two eggs for them, but I'd like to get a couple more for them…

EDIT: Thanks to the generosity of another user, I now have the Crimson Flare.

Edited by mpolo

I already have some things for my giftee. I catched some (but I have to hatch them before I gift them), I traded for one, and a very kind person bred something from my giftee's wishlist for free smile.gif I hope I will be able to get more stuff for my giftee.

I have received two gifts from my lovely gifter. wub.gif

I have sent three gifts to my giftee that have all been accepted. I'm trying to get one of the first wishes, but not sure how well that will go. Otherwise, I'm pretty much set for the rest of their list! smile.gif

*stealthily approaches*

st9541524 hears a knock at the door

When she opens the door she sees two mysterious warmly wrapped presents in a basket labelled

"To : st9541524

one present is wrapped in a big red ribbon -Peek inside?

the other is snuggled in a soft blue ribbon -Whats inside?

*tiptoes away*

(will try to breed another when my dragons come off cooldown)

I know, I know x3

It's just, why does this have to happen to me, a person who hates any sort of changes to schedule? ):

What do you suggest I do? It's been a while since I got a reply because I was a slowpoke posting this, so... (blame Snakewood)

You don't want to know how disappointed I was when I participated in a Secret Santa the last time (two years ago, though). I was able to get pretty gifts for my giftee and had a lot of fun with that, but when the gifting period was over and the make-up period almost over and I still hadn't gotten at least one gift. Somehow my Secret Santa turned out to be inactive or just didn't care, I don't remember and I don't know who it was. But the other participants turned out to be quite generous and I got some smaller gifts from them, and everything was okay smile.gif I believe I got one of my 2nd gen Grays from Thunder through this, and I love my Grays wub.gif

So, whatever is happening in your case, don't worry. It will be fine. PointOfOrigin and Oasis are doing such a good job here, even if they made a mistake somewhere I am sure they will be able to fix it.

Most everything on the list I was given is going to be impossible for me to provide. I sent over a 2nd gen PB Blusang but I don't know if that qualifies as a "neat" lineage. *shrug* I don't know if this was listed somewhere in the thread and I missed it, but how were we paired with people?

2G PB is just about the neatest lineage you can get. Any neater and it would be caveborn lol.

Received a lovely gift already and am just waiting for my scroll to free up so I can start trying for gifts to give. For those that haven't received a gift yet, please be patient. The start time for Secret Santa caught me by surprise and scroll-locked but we have 4 weeks, plenty of time to get eggs or hatchies out!

Found the PM in my inbox this morning and will now start breeding and hunting. There are four things I'm pretty certain I can get, one thing that I should hopefully be able to trade for. The last thing, though, is a bit complicated, but we'll see. :3

If anyone of you needs help with 2nd gens from holidays or discontinued breeds, PM me please, I'd love to breed for you! The only CBs I don't have are Hollies, female Pumpkins and female Marrows (well, and classic Metallics).

You don't want to know how disappointed I was when I participated in a Secret Santa the last time (two years ago, though). I was able to get pretty gifts for my giftee and had a lot of fun with that, but when the gifting period was over and the make-up period almost over and I still hadn't gotten at least one gift. Somehow my Secret Santa turned out to be inactive or just didn't care, I don't remember and I don't know who it was. But the other participants turned out to be quite generous and I got some smaller gifts from them, and everything was okay smile.gif I believe I got one of my 2nd gen Grays from Thunder through this, and I love my Grays wub.gif

So, whatever is happening in your case, don't worry. It will be fine. PointOfOrigin and Oasis are doing such a good job here, even if they made a mistake somewhere I am sure they will be able to fix it.

I was so scared of that happening to me. Anyways, this year we are tracking PMs. If they aren't read in three days they'll be resent to the emails. And if the emails aren't read in three days we'll skip over them in the gifting chain. So, I hope it won't come to the situation like yours.

velvet_paw: Now I want to know what it is xd.png Let's hope your giftee will post.

Help request

My giftee has some pretty specific requests that would be pretty easy for some of you to help me with (I am lacking the CBs necessary to breed them):

2nd-gen Crimson Flare Pygmy from Male Pumpkin

2nd-gen Gold from Yulebuck (admittedly, not so easy to get)

I have managed to breed two eggs for them, but I'd like to get a couple more for them…

Noted. I'll go ahead and add this in the first post, so that people can see it.

Alright guys. I added help form at the end of the first post - please use it, so that we can keep track of it. Anyone who'd like to help out can always check the first post and see if they are able to help.

And Evollete, I'll peak on your giftee.

Got my PM and even a lovely second gen Gold egg from my gifter! biggrin.gif I might have a little trouble since most of my giftee's wishes are CB rares, but I'll hatch the one dragon I could get so far to make up for it.

I need help

Forum name: OrcaFreak

Dragons Needed: 2nd Gen gold or silver from yulebuck

Are you Willing to trade for it? sure, if you're happy with something smaller. I don't have that many rares, and no hollidays I can use for breeding something.

I need help

Forum name: OrcaFreak

Dragons Needed: 2nd Gen gold or silver from yulebuck

Are you Willing to trade for it? sure, if you're happy with something smaller. I don't have that many rares, and no hollidays I can use for breeding something.

Added.