GUYUGKUYG

Do mass breeds still deserve their hate?

Goodness at the arguments...

This is a game that has no one particular way it's meant to be played. I have never liked and will never like massbreeding (curse you, 42, with those mints!), but that is the playing style of some users and the result of it doesn't prevent folks from obtaining eggs in the biomes if they don't want the AP eggs.

Yes, it's annoying when you know you need a CB common that's often found on the AP with lower times. No, it's not the fault of massbreeders if you choose to complain about having to go to the biomes to hunt and pick up an egg rather than being lazy and getting a low-time egg from the AP just because you don't have to spend as much time raising it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't believe that the amount of time it takes for a mass breed to clear from the AP is enough to warrant a change to the caves, nor is it reason for users to be belittled on the forums regarding their playing-style.

This. So much this.

And I'm going to come right out and say it, sometimes I breed messies to the AP. Why? Because they are either uncommons or BSA dragons, and I personally believe that people will want them. If you are looking for nice lineaged dragons, throw mine back. Please. But don't tell me I can't breed my wonderful messies just because *you* don't like them.

I've been following the discussion over the days and for the most part everyone has given their opinions in an acceptable manner except for the name calling. Please refrain from using disrespectful terms such as "haters", "selfish", "kindergarten", "immature" etc along that same line. We should be able to express ourselves with out insulting or demeaning others. This is a very polarizing topic with strong feelings on both sides but please try to keep the conversation/discussion civil and without name calling.

Consider the above a thread warning. Those who continue to insult and name call will get a warning.

Also, take any off topic discussions to PMs please.

An influx of CBs tends to be from new releases, because people misclick eggs and them dump them into the AP later. But we haven't had a new release in several months (again, holidays) so that won't start up again until after Valentines.

I remember when an influx of CB was due to several clearing out biomes and than dumping them in AP. I am sure some are still occasionally however it is not often that I see biomes getting completely emptied these days.

As to OP. Meh I think hate is bit strong for a game. If you dont have fun playing the game than you are playing it for wrong reasons. Sure I have gotten annoyed at times seeing whole wall of one egg. Especially when I see wall of eggs that seems no apparent reason why they were bred to begin with. Like for example two messy whites bred together is going to give you white. So why did they even breed it if they were not going to keep it? Makes absolutely no sense to me, and that is what annoys me the most. Or worse breed some common with Holiday not during the holiday, you are going to get common, so why did they even breed it.

Anyway, back to when I see whole wall of one egg or any indication of mass breedings, I just either go hunt in caves instead, look at some of my unfinished breeding projects or worse case, go do something else for couple hours and come back later.

Oh man do I love this thread! So much needless drama.

To those who want to find CBs in the AP:

You are freeloading off of other users. How about getting your own CBs from the Biomes for a change? And spending the extra day or two to hatch them? Because right now, other users are grabbing them and using one of their own spots for 5 hrs to feed your desires.

To those complaining about messies:

The AP is either a trash dump or a thrift shop.... Either way, you really have no cause to complain when the offerings aren't what you want, you are shifting through the leavings of others.

To those complaining about the walls of same-dragons:

Basically what I said to those complaining about the messies. Also, if a wall CAN be formed with a certain breed, then that wall is needed because the ratios are far out of line. I've tried to create walls of dragons that are in-demand (and so not under-populated). It.... doesn't work. So that wall really is needed and a good thing, in the long term. In fact, if the user building the wall builds it every single week, then in a few months that breed won't be under-populated and they won't be able to form that wall anymore. And a blocker breed won't block anymore.

Thinking you are entitled to Good Things from the AP is, IMO, rather silly. Trash dump or thrift shop... you aren't entitled to anything except what other users choose to abandon. So raging at them at what they choose to abandon is, IMO, silly and highly amusing!

What I do, when the AP is not giving me what I want, is go elsewhere for a period of time. Or breed a lineage. Or trade fodder. Or Biome hunt.

Cheers!

C4.

Uh... Lately I stopped giving a d... about the whole situation. People want to breed walls of messies and/or cave-blockers? They are welcome to those. Personally that just means that I stopped caring and I'm logging on for few minutes, checking the AP and ignoring the site for the next week or such. That means also that I am not breeding for the community and the AP. Does that change anything? Not really, since I'm a nobody. Actually... I should be grateful to the mass breeders, they are curing me of my addiction.

Thinking you are entitled to Good Things from the AP is, IMO, rather silly. Trash dump or thrift shop... you aren't entitled to anything except what other users choose to abandon. So raging at them at what they choose to abandon is, IMO, silly and highly amusing!

This is a good way of thinking about it. I totally agree with your entire post.

Trash dump or thrift shop... you aren't entitled to anything except what other users choose to abandon. 

That is the problem, right there. All the users of the AP are at the mercy of a relative handful of people who choose to abandon large quantities of whatever they feel like abandoning. All too often this results in walls of what amounts to, for whatever reason, undesirable eggs. When a group of them gets organized for this purpose the problem is compounded.

IMHO, something needs to be done to put a stop to this.

Uh... what would that be exactly? Honestly, IMO, the only thing to do if you don't like what's in the AP is breed nicer stuff there yourself. It is not meant to be a gambling feature that shows a random assortment of eggs so you have a chance to get nice things. It's a feature that gives people the opportunity to choose to keep something that on many sites would simply have stopped existing when its original owner decided to abandon it. The abandon feature on a pet site is usually a 'delete' function. Sometimes the site offers an adoption center or pound type thing... but not always.

We on DC are -lucky- that we even get the chance to sift through others' leftovers to begin with. If you think other people aren't throwing away valuable enough stuff... well... really, just think about that for a minute. If you don't want to throw it out why should someone else just to benefit you? It's nice when people do, but IMO it's unrealistic at best to complain or imply that something is somehow wrong when the site's trash heap contains nothing but, well, trash.

I guess to me it's like thrift shops or Dumpster diving or curb dump cruising IRL. Sometimes people do throw out useful or even really nice stuff, inexplicably, but we don't -expect- people to do that just to benefit us. We expect to find that sort of thing in food banks and such, the DC equivalent of which would be the many gifting threads here on the forum. And it feels a bit... I dunno, ungrateful. Not trying to attack anyone by saying so, it's just how I'd feel. To me it's kind of like... well, for example, someone else who posted here recently is NotBambi. She has given me several incredibly nice gifts for no reason at all other than that she's a sweet person. I didn't even know her when she started dropping eggs on me. I'm extremely grateful for all she has given me. For me to turn around and start -expecting- her to continue giving me stuff like that just because she has in the past would be rude of me, would it not? Certainly I would feel very rude. And to me nice things in the AP are much like that. I may not know who the source of the nice things is, but to get mad when I don't get nice things feels to me as ungrateful and rude as if I were to demand a CB Gold from NotBambi just because she gave me one before and then get mad at her if she didn't. It's one thing to ask politely if she's able to give me another one, just as it's okay to hope to find nice stuff in the AP or even try to organize the breeding of nice stuff to the AP as with that New Year project. But if the answer is no, or whatnot, my self respect requires me to accept that rather than resenting or being angry.

Again, not trying to criticize anyone else if they feel differently - just trying to articulate my own feelings about it.

I do get being disappointed or frustrated when there's nothing good to find for awhile, but, again, I don't agree that means something is wrong or other people should be doing things differently. It's just the nature of fishing for hidden gems. Sometimes you get lucky... most times you don't.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Why do people want to compare it to a trash heap? Why would someone even put a 'trash heap' as a feature of a game?

The AP was (and still is) a means of sharing dragons, especially before trading became a 'thing'. Not everyone can go to the forums to pick up nice things in the various threads, so sending eggs to the AP is a way of sharing with those other players. Trash heap?

I really don't get the comparison.

When I don't like what's in the AP, I just leave the AP and check back later. o3o;

All the users of the AP are at the mercy of a relative handful of people who choose to abandon large quantities of whatever they feel like abandoning. All too often this results in walls of what amounts to, for whatever reason, undesirable eggs. When a group of them gets organized for this purpose the problem is compounded.

On the other side:

As a CB collector, I don't really care for the large amounts of bred eggs in general in there. Sure, there are some gems among the bred things, but I don't collect bred dragons except for certain breeds, for holiday mates, or for freezing purposes (and I rarely, if ever, find any of the freezables I need in there).

I'm at a disadvantage in the AP because most of what's in there on a regular basis is bred, but just because I don't like bred eggs in the AP doesn't mean I'm going to be upset at people for breeding to the AP. I'm just going to leave and come back later to try again, or I'll keep sifting until I find CB eggs.

I've seen it said in this thread that players who massbreed are interfering with the playstyle of others, but it is in turn interfering with the playstyle of massbreeders when players say massbreeding has to be stopped. Massbreeding doesn't hurt anything, and the fact of the matter is that massbreed walls eventually go away - it might take a while, but they do end. c:

I remember when an influx of CB was due to several clearing out biomes and than dumping them in AP. I am sure some are still occasionally however it is not often that I see biomes getting completely emptied these days.

As to OP. Meh I think hate is bit strong for a game. If you dont have fun playing the game than you are playing it for wrong reasons. Sure I have gotten annoyed at times seeing whole wall of one egg. Especially when I see wall of eggs that seems no apparent reason why they were bred to begin with. Like for example two messy whites bred together is going to give you white. So why did they even breed it if they were not going to keep it? Makes absolutely no sense to me, and that is what annoys me the most. Or worse breed some common with Holiday not during the holiday, you are going to get common, so why did they even breed it.

Anyway, back to when I see whole wall of one egg or any indication of mass breedings, I just either go hunt in caves instead, look at some of my unfinished breeding projects or worse case, go do something else for couple hours and come back later.

I can answer the one about common to holiday - to provide mates for others' holiday dragons with the same lineage. I breed a decent number of Spirit Ward G2s from Desipis to the AP for example because I saw a lot of G2 Desipis from Spirit Ward in the AP during Halloween. And I often pick up and keep similar holidaykin G2s as mates for my stuff. For those of us who do a lot of holiday checkers that sort of thing is very useful!

Also, it absolutely is a trash heap and that is NOT a bad thing! I don't mean that pejoratively at all when I describe the AP in that way. It was not invented for 'sharing', but rather to give people an opportunity to adopt things that other people didn't want. In brief, it's a place where some people leave things they don't want, and other people, knowing this, come to see if anything in the leavings is useful to them even though someone else didn't want it. The fact that people sometimes deliberately breed nice things to the AP as gifts doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of eggs in the AP on any given day are there because they weren't useful to whomever abandoned them - or, in other words, were trash to them. That whole cliché about trash and treasure is a cliché for a reason - it's true. Again, though, just because I might find something valuable that someone else threw out doesn't change the fact that I did in fact fish it out of a discards pile. Use whatever euphemism you like but its essential nature is a place where, for the most part, people dump things they don't want or need.

IRL the fact that people go Dumpster diving and find good stuff sometimes doesn't make the Dumpster not a Dumpster.

EDIT: I also want to note that I was around before Teleport and people were technically breaking the rules when they used the AP to trade. The AP was only for 'sharing' back when multiclutches existed specifically to go to the AP to give other people a chance at the same pairing, and even then that was something players had zero control over so it was at best involuntary - occasionally even unwilling - 'sharing'. Even then, too, a lot of what was in there were discards. As a newbie I preferred the AP to the main cave, so I remember what it was like back then really clearly. Back then anything nice passing through was almost always a trade and you knew it so you hesitated to click - and if you did and you got it you had to worry that you'd just poached someone's trade. Not that that happened often. To be honest there's a lot more nice stuff in the AP now, now that I think about it. It wasn't really a thing back then to breed deliberately to the AP except for a few players.

And as soon as non holiday multiclutch went away the AP's purpose became trash heap, at least most of the year.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Maybe that's where a part of the problem lies.

I don't and never did see it that way.

My daughter, myself, and most of her live journal friends often bred to the AP for others to find. (Not used for trading really because it was so difficult to attempt and had such a high chance of being intercepted.) Desirable dragons were so hard to catch in cave that we did breed specifically for the AP, in order to spread some of those harder to get dragons around if we were lucky. Mind you the lineages were usually awful, cuz who really knew or understood that back then?

I do think too that is where a lot of the so called messy eggs come from, non forum users wanting to breed their cherished dragons to share, and I don't have a problem with that. Not at all.

So yeah, the whole thing about being elitist, lineage snob, deal with the trash, whatever, just misses the point entirely.

I've been following the discussion over the days and for the most part everyone has given their opinions in an acceptable manner except for the name calling. Please refrain from using disrespectful terms such as "haters", "selfish", "kindergarten", "immature" etc along that same line. We should be able to express ourselves with out insulting or demeaning others. This is a very polarizing topic with strong feelings on both sides but please try to keep the conversation/discussion civil and without name calling.

Consider the above a thread warning. Those who continue to insult and name call will get a warning.

Also, take any off topic discussions to PMs please.

bringing warning to new page

I don't actually breed "messies" much any more. Not but what one man's messy is a delight to another player.

But I send loads of bred stuff to the AP - not just for gifting, thought I DO mass breed my BSAs a lot - but because I CANNOT fill my scroll with eggs which didn't turn out the way I wanted. If it's the wrong breed - I will AP it. That may inspire someone to start a lineage. Or not. But if I get another pillow in my lovely pillow balloon thing I might cry. Then again - they always seem to find happy homes even though they ARE terminally inbred. xd.png

You don't want my mint x colossus checkers - Fine. But until I start getting some mints - they WILL go to the AP. It IS the trash heap - or perhaps orphanage ? - where such mistakes go.

@Lurhstaap

Ha ha I agree and understand with you but do I have news for you LOL.

You asked Stormcaller what exactly could be done to stop to it. I can think of one answer easily. I was not around before Teleport, however when I first started playing the AP would stop the Cave. So we could always go back to that. That would in part put a stop to it. Not totally or conclusively, but it would definitely encourage a lot to put stop to it. And I can already hear all the complaints if that were to happen LOL.

Which brings me to another shocker. Logically back than when I started playing I came to the conclusion that the AP was broken stupid system. There was no real way for the game to cure itself, that was all up to players to fix IF they chose to do so. Which lots of players did. But I always thought a game properly designed should not leave it up to players who may or may not decided to resolve it in order for it to continue being playable. Yet, at same time I also concluded while trying to think of better scenario, that was kinda silly and pointless. For example doing away with AP completely, but than it would have been entirely different game and I prolly wouldnt have stuck around very long playing different game. End result the AP in any and all forms just was part of the game, part of the attraction. Part of the appeal when you did find a real gem.

Also I understand your answer to my Common x Holiday. That I see done lot and that was not what I was referencing or thinking about. I have seen examples where someone has taken what appears to be all their Neo's for example and just randomly mated them with all their Holidays. Mating 2nd Gen Neo with some messy Holiday. Or reverse messy Neo with 2nd Gen Holiday. That has nothing to do with trying to create mates. That is simply just mass breeding with absolute no thought or effort put into it at all. One person thinking oh needs to be more Neo's, I see too many in cave or I just love Neo's and want everyone else to get one or w/e reason they chose to mass breed Neo's. That is one player dictating and enforcing playstyle of others. And that is what annoys me. IF they feel they must do it, at least breed them with some effort into it. Breed 2nd gen Neo with 2nd Holiday, leave all the messy Neo's mated with all messy Holidays. That would not be as annoying as I could than see at least some kind of patterns and potentially some use for some of them, gems for others as you call it.

ANyway in the end, it just really is not that big issue for me, I just go away for couple hours in worst case scenario. AP is lot better than it used to be, since it no longer blocks the cave anymore.

There is one thing I don't understand about this debate, but I know that other people see it *very* differently. Massbreeders might, sometimes, fill the AP with eggs you don't personally want. And those eggs might sit for awhile. So does that mean you can't get eggs? No, it doesn't. Go to the biomes! The AP is *not* the only way to get eggs. If you don't like what's in the AP, go to the biomes and fish around in there for awhile. I, personally, don't usually like the biomes so I go fishing around in the AP. I don't understand the mindset that massbreeders are stopping people from getting eggs, because there *are* other ways to get eggs.

There is one thing I don't understand about this debate, but I know that other people see it *very* differently. Massbreeders might, sometimes, fill the AP with eggs you don't personally want. And those eggs might sit for awhile. So does that mean you can't get eggs? No, it doesn't. Go to the biomes! The AP is *not* the only way to get eggs. If you don't like what's in the AP, go to the biomes and fish around in there for awhile. I, personally, don't usually like the biomes so I go fishing around in the AP. I don't understand the mindset that massbreeders are stopping people from getting eggs, because there *are* other ways to get eggs.

Except, you know, those of us who have our fill of CB for the most part. I only collect CB for other people now, for myself only when there are new releases.

It's the idea that I'm being forced out of the AP that I don't like.

Telling me to go do something else...well thatis like telling the mass breeders not to breed at all, which is not the idea. The idea is to not create walls that limit other players from participating in the game in the way they enjoy. Personally I wish there were a mechanism that would limit how many eggs from a scroll would be released to the AP at one time. Breed however much you want, whatever you want, as long as my only AP choices are not limited to just those eggs for hours at a time.

Except, you know, those of us who have our fill of CB for the most part. I only collect CB for other people now, for myself only when there are new releases.

It's the idea that I'm being forced out of the AP that I don't like.

Telling me to go do something else...well thatis like telling the mass breeders not to breed at all, which is not the idea. The idea is to not create walls that limit other players from participating in the game in the way they enjoy. Personally I wish there were a mechanism that would limit how many eggs from a scroll would be released to the AP at one time. Breed however much you want, whatever you want, as long as my only AP choices are not limited to just those eggs for hours at a time.

I don't actually hate being the devil's advocate here, but if there's a will, there's a way.

Should there be a new mechanism in place that limits the number of eggs a user can drop, I'm pretty sure the massbreeders would just opt to coordinate with OTHER massbreeders if they really want that wall so bad.

So instead of everyone enduring that [insertbreedhere] wall for a few hours, the massbreeders are encouraged to coordinate so we can have it anyway at the same amount of time, with the possibility of a wall/semi-wall being created the next day because they wasn't able to breed all their dergs in a day!

Yay! Not.

@Lurhstaap

Ha ha I agree and understand with you but do I have news for you LOL.

You asked Stormcaller what exactly could be done to stop to it. I can think of one answer easily. I was not around before Teleport, however when I first started playing the AP would stop the Cave. So we could always go back to that. That would in part put a stop to it. Not totally or conclusively, but it would definitely encourage a lot to put stop to it. And I can already hear all the complaints if that were to happen LOL.

Which brings me to another shocker. Logically back than when I started playing I came to the conclusion that the AP was broken stupid system. There was no real way for the game to cure itself, that was all up to players to fix IF they chose to do so. Which lots of players did. But I always thought a game properly designed should not leave it up to players who may or may not decided to resolve it in order for it to continue being playable. Yet, at same time I also concluded while trying to think of better scenario, that was kinda silly and pointless. For example doing away with AP completely, but than it would have been entirely different game and I prolly wouldnt have stuck around very long playing different game. End result the AP in any and all forms just was part of the game, part of the attraction. Part of the appeal when you did find a real gem.

Also I understand your answer to my Common x Holiday. That I see done lot and that was not what I was referencing or thinking about. I have seen examples where someone has taken what appears to be all their Neo's for example and just randomly mated them with all their Holidays. Mating 2nd Gen Neo with some messy Holiday. Or reverse messy Neo with 2nd Gen Holiday. That has nothing to do with trying to create mates. That is simply just mass breeding with absolute no thought or effort put into it at all. One person thinking oh needs to be more Neo's, I see too many in cave or I just love Neo's and want everyone else to get one or w/e reason they chose to mass breed Neo's. That is one player dictating and enforcing playstyle of others. And that is what annoys me. IF they feel they must do it, at least breed them with some effort into it. Breed 2nd gen Neo with 2nd Holiday, leave all the messy Neo's mated with all messy Holidays. That would not be as annoying as I could than see at least some kind of patterns and potentially some use for some of them, gems for others as you call it.

ANyway in the end, it just really is not that big issue for me, I just go away for couple hours in worst case scenario. AP is lot better than it used to be, since it no longer blocks the cave anymore.

The thing is, Hawkster... It isn't EXACTLY dictating to others because,while said individual MAY be able to breed as many neos as they want...they cannot force any PARTICULAR individual to take those neos if said infdividual really hates them for whatever reason.

I don't actually hate being the devil's advocate here, but if there's a will, there's a way.

Should there be a new mechanism in place that limits the number of eggs a user can drop, I'm pretty sure the massbreeders would just opt to coordinate with OTHER massbreeders if they really want that wall so bad.

So instead of everyone enduring that [insertbreedhere] wall for a few hours, the massbreeders are encouraged to coordinate so we can have it anyway at the same amount of time, with the possibility of a wall/semi-wall being created the next day because they wasn't able to breed all their dergs in a day!

Yay! Not.

Plus that would also discourage people from dropping nice things to the AP, since they'd have a limited amount of drops. Which is not what anybody wants I'm sure.

The thing is, Hawkster... It isn't EXACTLY dictating to others because,while said individual MAY be able to breed as many neos as they want...they cannot force any PARTICULAR individual to take those neos if said infdividual really hates them for whatever reason.

No, but they can, in effect, force to either take them or give up on the AP for however long it takes for it to clear. A wall leaves an AP hunter no other choice.

Most of the problem between the two sides seems to be in how they ultimately view the AP. Those who view it as a trash pile or thrift shop don't care about about mass-breeding, those who view it otherwise get mad that their selection is being curtailed.

Most of the eggs I breed, I breed so others can have them. In fact, I often go on mass-breed sprees and sent 2nd gens and checkers to the AP, but because I only have 8 CB pairs of most breeds I can't form a true wall.

I often will breed all of my Holiday checkers, upwards of 200+ pairs, to the AP for the sole purpose of helping others. I've been PM'ed more than once thanking me, I've seen eggs I've tossed to the AP used in other's lineages, I've had them turn up in the Great Lineages thread, and I've had people PM me because they'd love a sibling to one they saw someone else grabbed. It makes me very happy to see that, but I do not get upset when those nice eggs end up dead, or bred into messies, or any other miss-adventure. I sent it to a trash pile / thrift shop so someone else could enjoy it if they chose.

But I no more expect those eggs to end up in good homes than I expect to FIND nice eggs in the AP which I can give a home to.

Also, people make mass-breeding out to be a huge problem, but.... it really isn't, because its rare for someone to have collected enough dragons of one breed to lock out the AP for more than a short period of time. We aren't talking about a couple dozen adults of one species... it takes 100+ to lock out the AP for more than a half hour, and it has to be an UNPOPULAR blocker. Trust me, I've tried! My 60+ Sunstones and my 50+ Moonstones can't get the job done, even when all but a couple produce eggs. Neither can my army of 50 Nocturns.

It takes real dedication to form a wall, and a lot of time first collecting the army of commons, and then *breeding* them.

And of course, what those complaining about mass-breeders refuse to acknowledge is the good those walls do. I've seen the post TJ made, and it does NOT say that the ratios are separate for breds and CBs, and actually it strongly implies that they are, in fact, linked. So each mass breed helps that unwanted blocker, which makes it easier for others to find things in the Biomes and breed other things.

Cheers!

C4.

Not sure how much I like being referred to as a 'lineage snob'. I try to drop only well-bred - i.e. decent lineaged - eggs to the AP. Maybe I should start breeding all my crapola lines too.

Because I prefer good lines and enjoy the challenge of creating them doesn't entitle anyone to call me a lineage snob, despite my opinion of mass-breeders. Which I've managed to keep to myself for a while now.

Not sure how much I like being referred to as a 'lineage snob'. I try to drop only well-bred - i.e. decent lineaged - eggs to the AP. Maybe I should start breeding all my crapola lines too.

Because I prefer good lines and enjoy the challenge of creating them doesn't entitle anyone to call me a lineage snob, despite my opinion of mass-breeders. Which I've managed to keep to myself for a while now.

I dont massbreed much, but on someones encouragement.. I did today. Did i check lineages? Nope. I took a breed thats been breeding like rares for me, for a long time, just to see what would happen.

Its my once.. maybe twice a year thrill, and i never breed nearly as many as I could of things. At the very least, people will have tons of things to freeze when that wall hits. Most are pb, low gens that i checked.. but some of those....

On the upside though, if you breed balloons to a rare right now, you are going to be far more likely to get a rare. Every single one of the rare pairings I did, but one kicked a rare... so yay.. im helping.

Also, people make mass-breeding out to be a huge problem, but.... it really isn't, because its rare for someone to have collected enough dragons of one breed to lock out the AP for more than a short period of time. We aren't talking about a couple dozen adults of one species... it takes 100+ to lock out the AP for more than a half hour, and it has to be an UNPOPULAR blocker.

No it's not a huge problem on a regular basis, but it is a big source of frustration when it happens and it's more the attitude of being told to just deal with it because breeders have a right.

View bombers have a right too, or at least there is nothing in place to prevent it, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't infringe on other players either.

As far as refusing to acknowledge the good they do, again there are ways to lower times and affect ratios without creating a massive wall of one or two breeds. And notwithstanding the bandied about quote from TJ about the small affect that single mass breedings have, so I simply don't see that as much of a reason for a wall. It would have to be many walls repeatedly or a group effort in order to really have an impact, no?