skiddajane

1x1 Doctortear and I

Zoe:

She looked at the woman for a moment. It was suicide to be out on the road like this. Especially if it was dark and you couldn't see zombies coming. "And what might you be doing exactly?" She asked her.

Trinity:

A slow smile formed on her face. Now she knew. She let out a small laugh. They just wanted to stay together. It was really adorable. "Goodness, we thought you were kidnapped, Merlin." She said. "Juliette, does your sister know about this?" She asked her.

Juliette:

She quickly let go of Merlin once she saw that Trinity wasn't mad at her. She actually laughed a little. When she asked about her sister, she went pale. Zoe would never allow Merlin to keep riding with them. But when she took another look at Trinity's kind face, she opened the truck door and hopped out. Maybe Trinity would be able to convince Zoe to let Merlin ride with them. She ran up to her sister, and pulled on her jacket. "Zoe." She said. She didn't even notice the new person a few feet away.

Matt:

He tried starting the car over and over. Eventually, he sighed and walked over to Trinity. "Now's a good time to make friends. We need to ride in their truck..." He whispered.

Old woman:

The elderly woman flashed the strange woman a glare.

"Luring you out," she spat hatefully. Just then, about twenty or so people jumped onto the side of the road from their hiding spots and pointed their weapons at both Trinity, Matt, and Zoe. All of these people were dressed up in camouflage and had a large stock of weaponry attached to them. One man had two shotguns strapped to his back and was pointing a sniper rifle straight at Matt's head. One lady had a crossbow and another had an axe in one hand and a pistol in another. A man pointing a rifle pointed at Trinity's head narrowed his eyes.

"Get those three out of the trunk," he hissed coldly. "Refuse to comply, and I'll put bullets in all five of you." The elderly woman hadn't moved away from Zoe just yet. She hadn't had enough time just yet. She needed to orders.

"Put away all of your weapons this instant," a man yelled in the darkness. "If we see a single weapon pointed at us, we'll take off all of your heads."

Lucie:

"Good god!" Lucie made sure the engine was off and crouched down in her seat. Where did all of those people come from? They just popped out of thin air! Grabbing her pistol, Lucie crawled to the side of the car pressed her head against the door. She could hear the man from here. What the hell was going on?

Edited by Doctortear

Zoe:

She glared at the old woman. Instead of ripping her hand back like she wanted to, she took an offensive action instead. She slowly started squeezing the woman's wrist, digging her nails into her skin. She used her other arm to push Juliette behind her. We need to get back in the truck...

Juliette:

She stared wide-eyed at the people that had just emerged out of nowhere. Zoe pushed her behind her, and not her back was against the truck. She looked through the window into the back, where she saw Merlin and Butch.

Trinity:

Her first thoughts were keeping the two kids safe. She grabbed Merlin out of the trunk, and held him tightly to her body. At the moment, she didn't care about Butch. She was likely to die tonight. Either by the hands of these people, or the overprotective dog less than a foot away.

Matt:

He carefully took a step in front of Trinity and Merlin. There was a sniper rifle pointed at his head, but that didn't stop him from taking that step. He put his hands up. "What do you want? Take all you need, but let us keep the truck. We have children with us."

Austin:

He groaned and slowly lifted his head from the seat. The last thing he remembered was driving on the road. Now, he was lying in the backseat of Matt's car, and Lucie was driving. There were a ton of people surrounding the car. His own car was in front of them, and he could faintly make out another vehicle in front of that. He couldn't see far enough in the dark to see the two girls standing by the truck, but he did see Merlin, Trinity, and Matt by the trunk of it. Pain shot through his head, and quickly pressed his hands against it. It felt as if it were falling apart. The pain was so great a tear rolled down his right cheek. He winced in pain, and his vision blurred. He closed his eyes again.

???:

"How about you let go of the little old lady, and I won't blow your head off?" one of the men growled as he loaded his pointed gun at Zoe holding the old lady.

"Easy, Carlos," another man said behind him. "We don't need to be so rough with these folks. In fact, how about we-"

"Keep away from the truck!" a woman shouted, cutting of the second man. The woman shoved Trinity away from the truck with her axe and turned just in time to meet with Butch's teeth. Letting out a loud curse, the woman slammed her axe into Butch's mouth and swung him away from her. The Doberman let out a loud whine as he was thrown to the ground. As he began to stand up, another woman kicked him, and beat him with the blunt end of her gun. Merlin began shouting at this point, straining against Trinity's hold.

"Oh, shut it," the woman with the axe hissed to Merlin.

"We'll tell you what we want once we get our orders," one man growled in reply to Matt. He turned to look at the man pointing a gun at Zoe and waited. It was obvious everyone was waiting on Zoe's reaction.

Zoe:

She smiled at the man who had threatened her, and squeezed the woman's wrist even harder. "How about you leave us alone, and none of you will turn into zombies." She said. She was careful to state the sentence correctly, so they wouldn't know what she meant. She looked at Matt.

Matt:

He looked at Zoe curiously, before realizing what she meant. He had the virus inside of him. If he bit or scratched any of them enough to draw blood, they would surely turn. Would if I could He thought. But he knew better than to do something as stupid as that. If they found out he was carrying the virus, they'd kill him without hesitation. And even if they didn't know, if he acted out, they would kill him. Instead of acknowledging Zoe, he put his hand on Merlin's shoulder. The poor boy was squirming furiously, trying to get to Butch.

Trinity:

She held Merlin tighter. If he got any closer to those nasty people, she would surely have a heart attack. Merlin had really grown on her. She whispered in the boy's ear. "Butch is a strong dog. He's going to be okay. You need to settle down, or they will hurt you too. This'll all be over soon, I promise." She said in a tone that would hopefully calm him down a little.

Juliette:

She jumped when Butch was thrown to the ground by the lady with the axe. She knew not to move from where Zoe had put her, so all she could do was start crying. Not the overly sobbing cry, but the silent *let the tears roll down your cheeks* cry. Someone was going to die, if not all of them.

???:

The man gave a sinister grin.

"How about you let go of the little old lady before we kill you all?" The man shoved the gun on Zoe's forehead. He put his finger on the trigger and prepared himself to let the hammer fall.

"Carlos!" the second man barked. "We have orders! Don't you remember the rules?"

"I know damn well what I'm doing, James," Carlos hissed back. "Unless these folks want to die, they'll let go of Jaine."

"We can start popping the children first," one of the woman said as she stared at Merlin.

"Don't we have enough dead children?" a mouse looking woman asked innocently.

"Apparently not," replied James with a sigh. After what seemed like two minutes, even though it was much less, a voice piped up.

"Enough of this."

A man wrenched Juliette from Zoe's grasp and pulled her towards him. He pulled a gun to her temple and gave out a snarl.

"Let go of the lady or I'll shoot her," he growled at Zoe. "Don't think I'll hesitate, if I see you move an inch towards us, I'll make sure her brains splatter all over the road."

Lucie:

Cursing under her breath, Lucie pushed herself closer down to the floor. She gave a worried glance at Austin. She was sure she had heard him move.

Please don't wake up, not now, not during this.

She didn't want Austin to wake up during the middle of this. She couldn't take care of him and worry about the others.

We aren't going our separate paths, are we?

Perhaps they were. If the others got taken away and if Lucie and Austin weren't discovered, then the group would be separated. While Lucie could easily follow them, she could not help them if she had to take care of Austin. Slamming her back softly against the car door.

Damn it, what am I suppose to do now?

Edited by Doctortear

Juliette:

She let out a small yelp as the man grabbed her. She reached out fro Zoe, but the man pulled her closer. She turned her head to face the man, but instead stared down the small barrel of the gun. She gulped, and went limp in his arms.

Zoe:

She tried grabbing Juliette, but the man pulled her closer to him and put a gun to her head. Immediately she let go of the woman, making an effort to fling down the woman's arm as she let go. Where her nails had been, there were 4 little blood blisters in the shape of crescents. She stared at the man holding Juliette. Her arms were stiff at her sides. Juliette comes first She thought.

Trinity:

She saw the man grab Juliette, and immediately flung herself forward. She shoved Merlin into Matt's arms, and she punched the man in the face. "Don't you touch her!!!" She screamed. An instant later, a shot rang out, and she fell to the ground. Her head was spinning, and she looked down at her body. A large red stain was quickly growing on the upper right side of her chest. She could only see for a few more seconds. At least 5 people came up and started kicking her and shooting her over and over again. She could hear Juliette, Zoe, and Matt shouting. A few more shots rang out. Her body was red all over. Soon even the air and the ground were red. My eyes. I'm dead. Her eyes stayed open as the life quickly left her, the sound of nothing, drowning out the screams.

Zoe (again)

She cursed the second she saw Trinity jump forward. While the man was reacting to Trinity's stupidity, she grabbed Juliette from his arms and ran. It was dark with the exception of the car headlights, and they would not be able to see her. Juliette was sobbing in her arms as Zoe ran. She ran as fast as her legs would take them, away from the scene. She knew that someone would be following her any minute. The darkness was her friend. For now. Another shot rang out, followed by pain in the back of her leg. She ran out onto the plains surrounding the highway, and shoved her and Juliette into the tall grass as she fell. No one would be able to see them. "Shh... Shhh.. It's okay... Be quiet.." She whispered, stroking Juliette's hair.

Matt:

He grabbed Merlin and ran after Zoe. He picked the boy up, and ran in the general direction they had gone. Merlin was squirming in his grip, but he was strong and didn't pay any attention. He ran right past Zoe and Juliette lying in the grass. He could keep running. In a matter of minutes, he rain into a small forest. He didn't stop there. His mind was working overtime, and everything was clear to him. He shoved Merlin onto a low branch on a tree. "Merlin, climb now!" He said in a loud whisper. This was the only chance they had. For now it was just him and Merlin.

((And... Trinity is dead. The first character death))

Edited by skiddajane

???:

"Get them, damn it, get them!" Carlos shouted as she shoved the others towards where the attackers ran. "Capture them! Bring them in! We'll make them suffer for what they did. Kill them if you have to, but do not let them escape." Men and women ran into the woods and tall grass. Juliette's body was left behind, no one else left to look at it.

Merlin:

Everything was black. He was awake, but he saw nothing. Merlin was in a state of complete and utter shock. He couldn't hear anything, feel anything, see anything, smell anything, nor hear anything, including Matt's hushed whisper. He just stood there, unmoving, as though made of stone.

Lucie:

A high-pitched whimper came from Lucie as she heard the shots go off. She closed her eyes and felt a stream of hot tears roll down her cheeks. This was just monstrous. Who would do such a thing? Why would anyone do this?

It hasn't even been a day. How can people already be like this? It... it doesn't make any sense!

Soft sobbing escaped Lucie as she waited for everyone to leave the area before she checked to see what had happened.

Matt:

He shook Merlin gently and urged him to climb. "Merlin, you need to get up there! Those people are going to KILL us if you don't! I can die, but you have a long life to live yet and you need to climb that tree to do so!" He said quickly and looked into the boy's eyes.

Zoe:

She was lying in the grass, curled protectively around Juliette. Neither of them made any noise, and they could hear people moving around them. She didn't see any lights, so she assumed none of them had any flashlights. Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou She thought. She continued stroking Juliette's hair. The pain in her leg from the gunshot was pulsing through her whole body. Her pants felt wet, and she knew she was losing a lot of blood. It must have been a shotgun or a military-grade weapon to make such a huge wound.. She wasn't going to think about the fact that bleeding to death was inevitable.

Austin:

He shortly woke up again, to find Lucie quietly sobbing in the front seat. Immediately his mind began thinking about what could have happened. Something bust have happened to the rest of the group... He thought. He reached over and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, careful not to startle her.

Merlin:

Merlin slowly looked up at Matt, his blank eyes staring off into space. He couldn't think, he couldn't see. Nothing was real. It was all blank. Everything single thing was pure darkness. Faint in his memories, Merlin remembered a very explicit scene. Trinity had shoved him away, pushed him against Matt. She had lurched forward and slammed her fist in a man's cheekbone. A woman cried out and shot Trinity. Blood had blossomed from her chest, and more shots were fired. Trinity dropped like a rock and people came up and began kicking her. Everyone was screaming, including himself. Before he knew it, Matt was rushing him away. He had squirmed until shock overcame his mind.

"They killed her." Merlin whispered, the image of blood spurting from Trinity's chest burned into his mind. "They killed her, and now she's gone..."

Lucie:

She couldn't help but jump as she felt a hand touch her shoulder. Her hand with the gun in it lifted up and her head turned to face the creature who had touched her. Her wide eyes full of fear locked onto Austin who was still feebly on his side resting. The gun in her hand wavered, and Lucie felt her tears drop down onto her pants.

"They shot someone," she hiccuped, her gun lowering. "It was one of ours, I just know it was." Lucie's hand went to her shoulder and she rested it on Austin's. She needed human contact. After what she had just heard, she needed someone to be there for her. Lucie's hand shook along with the rest of her body. Sobs continued to escape her chest, but they were not as heavy as before.

I'll have to go out there. I have to, I need to see what happened. I have to, I have to...

Matt:

He put his hand on Merlin's shoulder. "I know. He said. He wanted as much as Merlin to go sit in a corner and cry about it, but they needed to be safe first. He let Merlin climb on his back, and he climbed up the tree himself. It was difficult carrying him and climbing, but he finally made it up the tree. They both sat on the highest branch that Matt thought would hold their weight. He hugged him, holding him close. This poor boy lost his mother, his dog, and now he just witnessed someone die right in front of him.

Austin:

He relaxed as Lucie put her hand on top of his. "How many were there? What happened while I was out? How did we get here?" He asked softly. He didn't see anyone out the windshield, and he assumed that all the action had happened between the two front vehicles.

Merlin:

He didn't say anything. He just sat there in Matt's lap in silence. His eyes were glazed over and he stared blankly out into the sky before him.

Lucie:

"Those two girls stole Merlin and Butch," Lucie said in a whimper. "They took them and we began chasing after them. I knew they couldn't be trusted. They took our gas and yelled at us, saying that it was what they were taught to do. I knew they were trouble, but I didn't think they'd do this." Lucie's hand began to squeeze Austin's. It was a gently squeeze, but her trembling fingers made the squeeze hold more emotion that it should of.

"The older girl, Zoe if I remember correctly, pulled over to help an old lady," Lucie huffed. "I stayed my distance as Trinity and Matt got closer. I...I didn't see who came out or when, but I heard a lot of voices and got heard people talking about shooting them. They got angry at something. I heard Trinity yell, and then gunshots went off." Lucie was beginning to squeeze harder now. Her voice began to crack and she was choking on her words.

"People screamed, and I heard everyone run. I don't know what happened, but I think someone is dead and I'm pretty sure I know who it is." Lucie began sobbing again, her eyes whelming up with tears.

"I have to go out there, Austin," Lucie cried. "I have to, I know it. But.. I don't want to. I really don't want to..."

Austin:

"Well....If you think you have to...." There was a long silence. "I could go out and see. Just for a second." He slowly sat up in the seat, his head only hurting a little, unliek before.

Matt:

He kept his hand on the boy's shoulder. "Try to sleep. If you're afraid of falling out of the tree, you can sit between me and the trunk. I'll keep you safe." He knew Merlin wasn't going to answer, but hoped he would at least make an effort to try and listen to him. He looked at Merlin's face. It was blank. Traumatized. He thought.

Zoe:

She continued holding Juliette until she fell asleep.

Juliette:

She turned her head to look at her sister, and she could tell that she had fallen asleep. She wasn't ready to sleep yet, but after about 20 minutes, she did.

Merlin:

He didn't reply. He just stared out into space and let silent tears stream down his eyes. After what seemed to be an eternity, Merlin merely closed his eyes and drifted off into unconsciousness. He didn't know when he fell asleep. But that didn't matter. He could remember nothing the next day except for the burst of red on Trinity's chest.

Lucie:

"No," Lucie growled. "Y-You can't do that. You're injured and unable bodied. You'll just injury yourself further. I have to go out there. I know I do."

I just don't want to...

(This is really bad.)

((Next morning))

Matt:

He was hit with an unfathomable amount of pain in his stomach. He let out a gasp, and leaned forward. He had forgotten he was in a tree, and was unable to stop himself from falling. He fell, hitting pretty much every branch on the way down. He smacked the ground with a loud thud. Now his back hurt too. He clutched his midsection where the stabbing pain was, and curled up into a ball. It was undoubtedly the virus inside of him that was making him feel like this. " Dammit! Dammit!" He cursed.

Zoe:

She suddenly woke up to the sound of someone swearing. Really loudly. She looked at Juliette, who was also awake. They looked at each other for a few seconds. "I think that's Matt." She whispered. She was going to get up, but the pain in her leg reminded her of everything that happened last night. She peered over the grass, and saw no one. She could see her truck in the distance. All the doors were open. The gang of people had obviously raided it. "Can you go find me a stick? A big one." She asked her sister.

Juliette:

She nodded. She still wasn't sure if anyone was around, so she crawled through the grass, trying to keep low so no one would see her if they were. In a few minutes, she came to the forest where she could hear Matt Cussing. She stood up and ran to him. He was lying on the ground, kind of twitching. It scared her a little, and she didn't get any closer. She broke a branch off of the tree he was near, and slowly made her way back to Zoe. Her sister was more important, and she would come back for Matt in a little bit.

Austin:

He had been up all night. All he had been doing was watching out the car windows. At least 30 people had come and raided the truck in front of them, then left. He was watching in case they came back. No one did. They had all left in the same direction they had come. He wondered why they didn't search the two cars, Matt's and his.

Merlin:

The boy woke up with a start as Matt fell out of the tree. Temporary out of his mental coma, Merlin leaned forward and glanced down at the Matt. He opened his mouth to speak, but a drowsiness overtook him. He laid back against the trunk and mindlessly stared out into the sky. The problems of yesterday had not faded from his memory.

Lucie:

It was burned into her mind. The sounds she had heard yesterday, the corpse of Trinity, and the whining of Butch who had been hit by the blunt end of someone's weapon. The poor thing was laying in between Lucie's legs, letting himself relax as his bruised body tried to mend itself. When Lucie walked to the truck, she had fell over and vomited. Just the sight of Trinity, dead and laying in a pool of her own sticky blood sickened Lucie to no end. She had taken supplies out of the truck, including the gas cans stolen by the sisters, and brought them over to the car Austin was in. Poor Butch had been knocked out by the attackers and limped after Lucie as soon as he saw her.

"The others must be terrified," Lucie whispered as he stroked Butch's soft head. "God... why... why did this happen?"

Zoe:

She smiled as her sister came back with a branch for her. She took it, and propped herself up above the grass. She could see the three cars parked alongside the highway where they had stopped last night. They really hadn't run very far from the road. Probably only about 15 yards. No one else was around. She started limping towards her truck. She could see Austin and Lucie in the car. She tried to avoid Trinity's dead body, but it was difficult.

Juliette:

"I'm going back for Matt and Merlin. I'll be back in a minute." She told Zoe before running into the forest again. Matt was still convulsing on the ground. She saw Merlin up in the tree. "Matt... You okay?..."

Matt:

He started shaking uncontrollably. He felt insanely sick to his stomach as well. He saw Juliette approach again, and closed his eyes. He was undoubtedly scaring her. He continued the awful episode for a few more minutes. When it was over, he slowly stood up. He grabbed onto the tree and heaved up on the ground in front of him. "Ugh, sorry you had to see that... Not only the twitching.. but... you know.. the puke part.." He just decided to shut up. Describing what she already saw probably wasn't making the girl feel any better. He looked up at Merlin. "Can you come down? Or do you want me to come and get you?" He asked.

Merlin:

Again, he did not respond. Most likely this time due to the fact he couldn't hear Matt. The man wasn't yelling and Merlin was captivated by the bright blue glow of the sky above. He blinked his wary eyes and let his gaze land upon the slowly white puffs of cloud scattered throughout the sky.

(I'm getting worse at this.)

Edited by Doctortear

Matt:

Merlin was obviously under some severe trauma. "Well, okay then.." He took a deep breath, and began climbing the tree to get him. In a few minutes, he had Merlin under his arm and was slowly making his way back down the tree.

Zoe:

She hobbled over to the car that Lucie and Austin were in. Austin was looking at her. She waved casually and tapped the window. "Juliette, and Matt are on the other side of the field. I have no idea if Merlin is with them or not. I've also been shot..." She was being a bit sarcastic by acting so casual.

Juliette:

She put her back to the base of the tree when she thought she heard something. Last night's events had made her forget about a greater danger- zombies. Now as she heard the noise, she remembered. She looked around, but decided that it probably came from Matt as he was climbing down the tree.

Austin:

He looked at Zoe. He wasn't really sure exactly who she was, but Lucie didn't seem too concerned about her. He must have missed out on a lot while he was out. He opened the door for her. "That must be your truck, right?"

Merlin:

"What are you...?"

Merlin didn't have time to process the end of his sentence. He merely spoke what a fragment of what he was passing through his thoughts. He stopped trying to speak and merely let Matt carry him down the tree. His eyes were glazed over as Matt climbed down the trunk. He was far too traumatized to process what was going on at the moment.

Lucie:

She couldn't help but glare over at the other female when she opened the door. She still had no idea what her name was, but at the moment she didn't care enough to find out. Gently pushing Butch off of her leg, Lucie scrambled out of the car. Once outside, she turned to face Zoe, her face plastered over with a blank cold stare.

"I wouldn't be so nonchalant if I were you," Lucie barked, not caring how rude she might of come off as. "Those people went chasing after you once you all ran away. They came back and raided your truck while you were gone, so I hope you didn't leave anything important in there. I have a feeling they'll come back for the car battery as I heard one of them mention something about getting the right tools last night. Unless you want to increase your chances of meeting them again, I'd suggest hurrying everyone on over here." Lucie made sure her voice reigned clear with a hint of being commanding. There was no good reason to argue with her besides her being bossy. But now was not the time for that.

Besides, the only reason we're in this mess is because they stole our gas. If they had just left us alone and never of stolen Merlin, then none of this would of ever happened.

A low growl emitted from the car behind Lucie. With a glance at the front seat, she could see Butch seated in the shotgun. His ruffled up and blood patted fur made his bared white teeth and wild eyes look all the more dangerous. Turning back to the stranger, Lucie lifted an eyebrow.

Feel like arguing with me or do you feel like not dying? Your choice, thief.

Austin:

He looked over as Lucie confronted the girl. She seemed to know her, and the two obviously weren't friends. He stepped out of the car and stood beside them. Lucien glared at the girl with eyes that screamed hatred. The girl stared back at her as if she were surprised. " Hey, let's just focus on seeing how much stuff is left in their truck, okay? Lord knows if mine will even start again." he glanced over at the pile of metal that somehow managed to run after yesterday's accident.

Zoe:

She stared at Lucie. "We didn't kidnap Merlin. He wasn't even with us. What on earth are you talking about?"

Matt:

He took Merlin's hand, and started walking back towards where the cars were. Juliette followed close behind. " lets get you guys back where it might be safe." it was only a 10 minute walk back.

Juliette:

"Zoe!!" she cried, as she ran ahead of Matt and Merlin when they drew nearer. She ran up to, and hugged her sister close.

Lucie:

"Don't play dumb with me," Lucie growled as she glared at Zoe. "I saw your sister shove Merlin and Butch into the back of your truck. If you two never kidnapped him, then none of this would of happened. Actually, none of this would of happened if you didn't steal our fuel from us which, by the way, I took back. If you'd like to try and steal it again, I'll gladly take care of the issue myself."

Zoe:

She blankly stared at Lucie for a moment. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw her sister run up to her. Instead of letting her hug her, she took her by the shoulders and spun her to face her. " Where's Merlin?? Was he in the back of our truck when all of this happened??"

Juliette:

Juliette was taken back by her sisters sudden refusal of her hug. "He's coming with Matt, see?" She pointed to the two figures coming from across the road. Matt waved. "He.. was in our truck... I thought I would never see him again... so he came with us..."

Matt:

Still holding Merlin's hand, came across the road to where everyone was standing. " What about Merlin?" he asked.

Austin:

He sighed, and walked over to the girls' truck. He opened the back, to reveal an empty trunk. He had owned a similar one in the past, and knew that there should have been a small compartment under the main of the trunk. He removed the fake floor. In the small secret compartment, there was a medical kit, and cans of food. He put the floor back in and checked up front. There wasn't anything in the seats. The glove compartment was even empty. Glad they didn't know about the compartment, or everything would be gone. He thought.

Lucie:

It was unbelievable how absurd the circumstances of the situation were. Lucie could partially understand why the younger sister wanted to take Merlin with her. Children lived in their own little world and Lucie never really understood it. Seeing as the older, and ruder, sister said they lived in a bad neighborhood, Lucie could conclude that the younger sister may of never met anyone younger than herself. Perhaps seeing Merlin made her dreams of a playmate go a little too far. What didn't make sense to her was the fact that the younger sister and Merlin were not the in the same age group. Merlin was five, as he had told the group, and the girl looked about eleven or twelve. Why the sister would associate Merlin with a friend, Lucie didn't know, but, to be honest, she didn't care enough to find out. Just as she opened her mouth to speak, a rustle was heard from the nearby forest. Eerie moans and the shuffling of feet followed and Lucie knew exactly what was happening.

"Damn it!" she growled as she hopped back to the functional car. "They're coming! Get in!"

(I apologize for the horrendous post.)

Edited by Doctortear

Austin:

Looking over at lucie, then back at the forest, he saw the steady stream of bodies erupt from the forest. He quickly crawled into the back of the truck, and closed the trunk behind him. He made his way up into the drivers seat. The keys were actually still in the ignition. He turned them, and the truck started. Before he could drive away, Matt and Merlin hopped in as well. Austin was glad they did, or he would have forgotten them in his moment of terror.

Zoe:

She heard Lucie's warning, and got into the car after her. She grabbed Juliette's hand and pulled her in as well. They were both sitting in the backseat, with Lucie in the driver's. "Well? Go. I just survived a night in a field with a gunshot wound- I'm not dying now.". She was a natural backseat-driver.

Juliette:

She scrambled into the car after her sister. She saw the boys get into their truck ahead of them, and was glad. But now that she saw the zombies, she scooted away from her window and pushed against her sister. Then had no guns, or anything.

Matt:

He glanced at Merlin. "You okay, bud?" he asked, putting a hand on the boys shoulder.

(I think mine was worse than yours, haha)