skiddajane

1x1 Doctortear and I

Austin:

Austin was knocked completely unconscious, and couldn't hear a word that Lucie was saying. His seat belt kept him from flying through the windshield, but his head had started bleeding from the impact with the steering wheel.

Trinity:

She yanked open her car door, and grabbed the gun from her lap. Lucie was already with Austin, and she stood facing away from them as several zombies approached. She took a deep breath and raised the gun. When one of the zombies was a few feet from her, she put the gun to it's forehead, and squeezed the trigger. The shot rang through the streets, and the zombie went down. Breathing rapidly with adrenaline, the gun shook in her hand. She didn't know how many shots were in the gun. Another zombie was headed towards the car, and she shot that one as well. She continued to shoot zombies that got close, until nothing came out when the trigger was squeezed. She stared at the gun. She was stupid to use all the ammo right away! Her main focus now, was helping Merlin. She yanked open his door, and unbuckled him. He was crying his head off. She picked him up, and rested his head on her shoulder. He was heavy, but she managed to carry him to Matt's car. She set him down next to Matt, who was now fully awake. "I'll be right back." She said to him.

Matt:

He awoke to screaming. He felt considerably better, and stared wide-eyed as Trinity carried Merlin into the car. The boy was sobbing, and he wanted everything he could do to help. Seeing the zombies outside, he got an idea. He practically jumped out of the car, and started punching zombies in the skulls. He was already infected, so what did it matter? It hurt his hand, but he managed to down a few zombies with a couple of hits. He saw Austin and Lucie still by Austin's car, and started hitting the zombies near them. Austin wasn't moving...

Butch: (Wait, what?)

Butch went insane when Merlin was removed from his sight. He didn't see the female take him out at first, but, when he did, he went straight for her. Barking madly, Butch jumped to where Merlin was and growled viciously at the lady who had touched him. If she even dared to touch his boy again, he'd rip the flesh from her bones. It wasn't like he hadn't done so before.

Lucie:

Cursing to herself, Lucie swung the car door open. She unbuckled Austin and tried to lift him up. He was bigger than she was, way bigger. Knowing that she couldn't pick up Austin, Lucie dropped him and instead dragged him out of the car. A zombie was getting close to her. Her mind frantic, Lucie fumbled with the pistol and shot the walker right in the head. It dropped the ground, but more began to advance. Lucie glanced down at Austin who seemed to be bleeding badly.

Does the car still work? Can I put him in the back seat and drive this car out of here?

The front of the car was bruised, but the hood looked just fine. The engine probably wasn't leaking, but there was a chance it was. Taking a moment to look at the front of the car, Lucie could see that the hood was not badly damaged. It was far from good condition, but it wasn't bad. The engine was probably not damaged. If Lucie could drag Austin into the back seat, then she could try to start the engine and drive out of here. Of course, they would have to figure out what to do with broken window afterwards, but now was not the time for thinking about that.

"Trinity!" Lucie shouted over her shoulder. "Cover me!" She began pulling Austin away from the front seat. The walkers were getting close. Lucie shaky shot one of them, but another took its place.

"Trinity, I need you!" Lucie called, panic starting to rise in her voice.

(Mind if I make a sheet for Butch? tongue.gif )

Edited by Doctortear

((Go ahead. Dogs DO have a mind of their own biggrin.gif ))

Trinity:

She saw that Lucie was trying to get into the driver's seat of Austin's car. She went to Lucie's side, and tried picking Austin up. That failed. She instead opened the back door. She slowly dragged Austin out, and laid him on the ground. She heaved him up, so his upper half was on the backseat of his car. This wasn't as easy as getting him OUT of the car... Zombies were coming from everywhere, and finally Matt appeared near them and started punching more zombies. Wow. She thought. While Matt took care of the nearer zombies, she continued to focus on getting the rest of Austin into the car.

Matt:

He saw Trinity and Lucie moving Austin into the backseat of his car, and quickly rushed to defend them. He was full of adrenaline, to the point of being able to pick up and chuck the smaller ones. It was actually quite fun- he felt like the hulk. He could hear Butch barking madly behind him.

Lucie:

Lucie, with Trinity's help, heaved Austin into the back seat. She shoved him fully into the car and pushed any hanging limbs inside of the car.

"Buckle him while I try to start the engine," Lucie ordered Trinity as she ran over to the driver's seat and hopped in. She slammed the door shut and turned her attention to the ignition. Thank god the key was still in it. Lucie turned the key and pressed down onto the petal. Her heart skipped a beat as the engine whined before going silent again. She tried again, same result.

"Work, damn you, work!" Lucie hissed as she tried to start the ignition.

Trinity:

She buckled Austin in, as Lucie told her to do. She checked his pulse. It was still going, but it felt kind of weak. His head was bloody.... It wasn't gushing out, but it was enough to let her know that he needed serious medical help. A small piece of glass was in his cheek, and she gently plucked it out. It left a small wound, but it was more as if he had been scraped. He was breathing lightly. She looked around for anything to use as a bandage... There was nothing. Lucie was trying to start the car, and Trinity could tell that she wasn't having any luck. Suddenly, around 20 gunshots went off around her. She ducked for cover, only to see about 10 zombies drop dead to the ground. What? Matt was still punching zombies, Lucie was starting the car, Merlin was in Matt's car, and she and Austin were right here. Who was shooting?

Matt:

He heard gunshots, but didn't pause to think about it as he shoved away another zombie who had slipped past him and was a foot away from Trinity. Zombies went down around him.

Lucie:

"Come on, start already you piece of-" Gunshots, they started going out all around them. Lucie was so surprised by them that she barely heard the engine start. The car roared to life, the headlights shining into the wall and the entire car vibrating. Lucie spun her head around to look at Austin. He looked pale, and very ill.

I think I grabbed a few antibodies at that gas station. Nothing that can help him much, but something to soothe the pain and possibly help a tiny bit.

Edited by Doctortear

((Both new characters done! Ps: You accidentally said Matt in the last few posts instead of Austin smile.gif ))

Zoe:

She shook her head as she came out of the mall that her and her sister had been camping out in the past day. She had seen the entire thing. Two cars, one had crashed into the side of the mall. Zombies were swarming. As far as she could tell, there were 2 men, and 2 women. She wasn't going to risk her life at first, until she saw the little boy being carried out of the totaled car. She needed to help if there was a little kid involved. She turned to Juliette, was sitting on the floor of the store they were in, drinking her bottle of water. "I'm gonna go help them, you can stay here. Get the first aid stuff ready like I taught you, some of them might be hurt." She picked up 3 guns, and ran outside, firing over and over. Most of the zombies dropped down instantly. She ran around to the side of the car where the man was fighting off zombies, and saw that the older of the girls had managed to get their car started again. She finished off the last of the zombies, and walked over to her. Nevermind that she had just killed like, 30 zombies in a matter of a few minutes. "Who are you?" She asked. She saw, presumably, the driver in the backseat, and the other girl looking him over.

Trinity:

She saw a girl, walk up and question Lucie. Was SHE the one who had just killed most of the zombies? That's insane. She just looked at her, as she stood there. It seemed like they were almost a bother to her..

Matt: He saw no more zombies in the area, and walked over to Austin's car. A new girl was standing at the driver's window. She had 3 guns! This girl was crazy.

Lucie:

In one moment, there was firing, in another there was a girl questioning Lucie. For a moment, Lucie just stared at the girl with wide eyes.

"How am I even suppose to answer that?" Lucie asked. "Just someone trying to not get eaten alive? Because, that's exactly what I am right now." What was this girl even trying to do? If Lucie told the stranger her name, it wouldn't make a difference. She wasn't famous or anything, so it wouldn't matter if she did tell her.

Zoe:

"Hah. Funny. I'm Zoe Evercrest, and I'm pretty sure I just saved your life. I appreciate your gratitude." She sad sarcastically. She changed the subject, and motioned towards the unconscious man in the backseat. "How badly is he hurt?" She asked. She was eager to get back to her sister. She felt stupid for wasting her time to come out here to help these people. She was so close to getting their own truck started, and wanted to get back to that. They needed that to survive. A big, 8 seat truck that could hold tons of supplies wasn't going to be useful if it didn't have gas or a charged battery.

Trinity:

She gave the girl a look. "Obviously he's hurt pretty badly. He's unconscious and has a huge gash in his head!"

Lucie:

Lucie was tempted to smack this lady. She was getting on her nerves and obviously wasn't looking at the obvious. She was about to make a comment, but that was when Butch started barking again. Lucie leaned out the window and saw Butch barking at the upper half of someone's corpse who was crawling towards him and Merlin. The back door was shut, so he couldn't attack it. But that didn't stop Butch from ramming into the window, causing it to crack.

Zoe:

She didn't pay attention to the barking dog. She glared at the girl who had snapped at her, but didn't say anything. She saw another man standing near. "Can you pick him up? I have medical supplied over here." She pointed inside the mall, as she addressed the man.

Matt:

He nodded, and scooped Austin up. He was really skinny. He was a little heavy, but he would definitely be able to carry him to where the girl was pointing. She led the was, and he followed, carrying Austin.

Trinity:

She heard Butch barking, and turned to look. A zombie was crawling towards the car where they both were sitting. She ran over and kicked the zombie in the face. She wasn't strong enough to do severe damage, and instead of dying the zombie reached for her. She let out a yelp, and ran back to Austin's car where Lucie was. The zombie crawled slowly after her.

Lucie:

Seeing that Austin was taken cared of, Lucie hopped out of the car and began walking over to Austin's car. She saw the zombie trying to crawl over to Trinity and smashed it's head in with her foot. The corpse stopped moving and Lucie continued onward. She stopped when next to the door Butch was barking from and, slowly, opened it.

Butch:

The Doberman leaped out of the car and charged towards the once moving corpse. He jumped onto the rotting flesh and began to tear it apart. He threw the limbs here and there and separated bone from flesh. He knew the thing was dead, but that didn't mean he couldn't tear it apart to get rid of his rage.

Zoe:

She led the man into a room in the mall. Juliette was waiting with a small pile of medical supplies. The man set him down, and immediately Zoe went to work on him. She wiped the blood off with a towel, and wrapped a clean one around his head. Then she elevated his head with a blanket from one of the nearby stores in the mall. Then she took out a needle from a small box, and placed it into his arm. She drew some blood, and gave it to Juliette. Juliette ran it into the back of the store.

Matt:

He set Austin down, and immediately the girl began fixing Austin up. He was looking better, when suddenly she pulled out a needle and drew his blood. She gave it to the younger girl, and she ran it to the back of the store. "Uh, what was that?" He asked.

Trinity:

She watched Butch rip apart the zombie, and nearly vomited. That dog was entirely disgusting. She turned away, but the noises were still there. "Does the car work?" she asked Lucie.

Lucie:

Tearing her gaze from the gruesome sight before her, Lucie nodded.

"Car is working just fine," she replied. "The engine had some trouble cranking, but I'm sure it was because the car just crashed. A little work and it'll be as good as new." Lucie looked out of the car and towards the direction in which Matt took Austin.

"Trinity," Lucie said warily. "Listen very carefully to me. I need you to bring back Austin and Matt as soon as you can. I don't trust that girl and I think we'll do just fine without her help. She had three guns on her and I don't trust her for that fact. We have two car-fulls of supplies and I have a feeling she might point those guns at us for them. Get Austin and Matt back here and if they try and follow you, we'll see how much they like Butch." Lucie nodded over the large Doberman now tearing the face off the corpse's skull.

Juliette:

She ran to the back of the store, where a small machine was hooked up. Her and Zoe had taken it from where she worked in the mall. Zoe was training to be a nurse, so she had learned how to test blood. Zoe had then taught it to her. She placed the sample in the machine, and it beeped only a few seconds later. An encrypted reading came up on the small screen that stood for type O+. Same as her and Zoe. If the man were to be bitten, he would turn into a zombie. That's as much as she knew. She ran back to Zoe and the two men. "Oh Positive!" She yelled as she got closer.

Zoe:

She looked at the man. "Testing his blood. We need to test people we meet, so we won't be in the dark if they get bitten." Just then, Juliette ran back and yelled O+. The man was the same as her and Juliette. He wasn't going to kill him, but at least she knew she had to if he was bitten. "Give me your arm. Even if you're O+ like your friend here, I won't kill you." She said to him.

Matt:

He gave her his arm, and she took a sample. Yet again, she sent the little girl to the back of the store. "And what if I'm anything else?" He asked her. He wasn't sure he trusted these girls...

Trinity:

She walked into the mall, and spotted Austin, Matt, and the girl right away. But there was another person. A younger girl. She looked like an exact copy of the older one. Daughter maybe? Sister? She slowly walked towards them, unsure what to say or do. "Uh..we need to get going...Is Austin okay?" She asked when she got closer to them.

Butch:

The corpse was nothing but pieces of rotten meat now. Satisfied, he marched back to the car and hopped in. Merlin was still crying, but when the dog rubbed against his chin, his crying turned into tiny sobs. Butch laid down on the boy's lap and let him stroke him. No one was going to hurt his boy, no one.

Lucie:

Lucie sighed as Trinity marched off. If she didn't come back in ten minutes, Lucie would have to take drastic action.

Juliette:

She did the same thing as before, only the reading was funny. It had weird symbols mixed in with it. Aside from those, she could read the blood type as O-. Did the weird symbols mean he was infected? She ran back out to her sister once again. Only this time, she whispered into her ear. "Type O-, and I think he's infected..."

Zoe:

Austin. That's what the man's name was. The girl walked in slowly after she asked the question. It was good that they were leaving. Her and Juliette would be leaving soon after them. With fuel for their truck... "He's going to be fine. He should wake up soon." She said to the girl. "Give me your arm, I need to test your blood. Knowing your blood type will save lives" She said to her. The girl didn't give her her arm. Juliette came back, and whispered into her ear. Zoe looked at the man who was standing. "You're infected, aren't you?"

Matt:

He looked at Trinity and nodded, telling her that it was okay. She didn't move though. Suddenly the little girl came back, and said something to her sister. Now they know I'm infected.. The girl asked him if he was. "Yeah.." He said.

Trinity:

The girl asked for her arm, and she shook her head. No way was she getting near that needle. She didn't care if she would save lives. Then the little girl came back. Seconds later, the older girl asked Matt if he was infected.

Lucie:

Five minutes, it had been five minutes. How much longer were they going to take? Lucie looked over her shoulder and forward once more. Maybe she should move the car. Taking the wheel, Lucie moved the vehicle way from the wall and back onto the road. She put the car on park once she was beside Matt's car. She waited silently for the other three to return.

Zoe:

She turned to the girl. "What symptoms has he had?" She asked. The man looked fine right now, at least.

Trinity:

"Uh..headache..and he passed out once. He didn't remember the date before either.." She said to the girl.

Matt:

He stood there, unknowing exactly what to do. This girl had a huge stockpile of guns, and looked like she knew exactly what she was doing. She was probably the one who was going to decide his fate right now.. He looked at a pile of guns sitting in the corner.

Juliette:

She looked at her sister for the head nod. The head nod meant that they had something they needed. She didn't see it, and kept intently watching her.

Lucie:

Eight minutes... Was something going on in there? Lucie brushed her hand against her pistol. She didn't want to go in there. She didn't want to have to threaten people. But if she had to...

Zoe:

"I don't think you're going to turn." She said to him. She looked back at the girl again, and held her hand out for the girl's arm. She nodded her head slightly.

Trinity:

She hesitantly moved towards the girl, and she stuck the needle in her. Blood was drawn, and she handed the sample to the little girl. Once again, she ran to the back of the store.

Juliette:

She saw the head nod. When Zoe gave her the blood sample, she took it back to the machine. For a third time, the sample was read. A+. She set the sample down, and sneaked out of the back of the mall. She took a revolver out from her pocket and slowly made her way along the back edge of the building. The cars where the people had parked were out front. She could sneak behind them. She knew what Zoe needed. Fuel for their truck. They had plenty of supplies, the only thing they needed was fuel and some more food.

Matt:

He was relieved to hear that he might not turn onto a zombie. But he wondered how long he would have to live with these other crappy side effects... He stared after the little girl, and expected her to return in a few seconds. She didn't. He raised an eyebrow..

Butch:

He heard movement. Butch lifted his head and listened intently. Someone was coming and he knew it. He spent his entire life training in the police. He knew when someone was trying to be sneaky. Butch looked over at Merlin. He was sleeping. Good, he didn't need to be a part of this. Butch crawled out of car and squeezed himself underneath the car. Whoever was coming probably didn't see him considering the way he came out of was facing away from the road. A new scent flooded the dog's nose. Firearms. Someone was coming near the car with a gun. If they tried to touch his boy, they'd be missing their face in less than a minute.

Lucie:

She could see the dog climb out of the car in the rear view mirror. What was it trying to do? Lucie turned her head and started at the road. She instantly pulled herself back when she saw a figure coming towards the two cars. It was neither Matt, Trinity, or Austin. It was a stranger.

censorkip.gif, I knew these people were trouble. They're trying to steal of stuff. They either forgot I'm here or think I'm not a threat.

Lucie grabbed her gun and unbuckled herself. If this person thought they could steal their stuff so easily, they were wrong.

Juliette:

She came towards the vehicle that had crashed. She needed to be as fast as possible, and only take what she knew they needed. These people seemed nice, and she didn't want to completely rob them of everything. Or have to kill them. She was only 12, but she knew she could kill someone if she had to. She pulled out a pin from her pocket, and keyed the trunk of the car. She smiled. There were 5 gas cans, each she assumed, were full of gas. In a matter of seconds, she pulled out two of them. They were heavy, but she could run back into the mall without having to stop for a break. She quickly set them on the ground, and closed the trunk of the car. Picking the two cans up again, she made a mad dash back to the rear entrance of the mall. She accomplished all of this in under 3 minutes. She had done it before. Her only thoughts were finally getting back to their truck, and heading to somewhere safe. Somewhere where she and her sister could live without having to worry about zombies.

Butch:

The little girl was not going to get away. As she began to carry the cans back to the mall, Butch followed. The lady in the car was staring after him. When he looked back at her, she gave a small nod. Remembering that a nod meant, "Go do it," Butch continued to silently follow the girl. He wasn't exactly sure why he was doing this, but he knew there had to be a reason. Instinct was pushing him, and he had to follow it. As quickly as he could Butch followed the girl.

Juliette:

She carried the gas cans into the mall, and headed to the back of the store they were camped out in. She set the cans by the machine, and took the blood sample back to where Zoe, and the 3 other people were. "A Positive." She said. The man who had actually been bitten was the only one who would not turn into a zombie. The rest of them, well, they had better not get bit. She was sure that neither she nor Zoe would get bitten. She stood closely next to her older sister, looking down at the unconscious man.

Zoe:

She smiled at her sister. Then she looked back at the girl. "Tell the other woman, and the boy to come get their blood tested. If not for my own benefit, your own. If you all know your blood types, you know what to do if one of you gets bitten." She said to her. The standing man nodded in agreement.

Trinity:

"Uh..yeah." She ran outside to get Merlin and Lucie.