skiddajane

1x1 Doctortear and I

Matthias:

He just laughed as he drove on past the zombie. "That was fun. One down...billions to go! Whoop!" He looked back to see that Austin was following. After a few minutes, they reached the highway. He knew of a long one that led straight into south Dakota, but he couldn't remember the name. He followed the current one, and knew that he was heading west. Good enough.

Trinity:

She glared at Matt before slinking down into her seat. She couldn't even shoot a gun... Heck, she didn't even like it when a ZOMBIE was killed! She wondered just how much of the zombie was on the tire... She looked out the window, to see that the road was full of abandoned cars. Many had their doors wide open, as if the inhabitants were dragged out against their will... A few cars had their windows up and doors closed. Zombies had their faces pressed against the inside of the glass, licking it over and over, trying to get to them. Those poor people, thinking they were safe, driving away...only to be turned in the one think that had seemingly kept them safe.. More zombies were trudging along on the side of the highway. Every so often, one would pass in front the car and Matt would waste no time hitting it. One drop of blood hit the windshield, and it was enough to make Trinity hide her head in her sweatshirt.

Austin:

He shook his head and drove off behind Matt. He couldn't avoid hitting the zombie, and tried going over it fast so it wouldn't feel squishy. It made a big bump, which was probably actually worse. He followed Matt onto the highway. He seemed to know exactly which one to go onto to get to the mountains. He looked anxiously at the gas meter. It was full. He sighed and felt a little more at ease. The first gas station they saw though, he was going to fill up. Maybe even find a gas can. He watched as hundreds of zombies were scattered everywhere, groping along the highway, trying to grab the car. They were going too fast though. He didn't even worry about them breaking through the glass. No normal human even could unless they had a stone or something to break it with.

Lucie:

It took ten minutes for Lucie removed her face from her hands. She didn't dare look out the window. She would just see those... things wandering outside. Some of them probably didn't even have their entire body. Just the upper halves of people, crawling around on the ground with their greasy fingernails scraping across the-

The car jolting upward thanks to a bump, hopefully in the road, causing Lucie to cover her head with her arms. She needed to hold something... or to bite onto something. She just couldn't handle this!

(New character go!)

Merlin:

"Mother is coming back, right Butch?" The massive Doberman Pinscher lifted it's head and stared at his owner. A large pink tongue rolled out of its mouth. It sat down on the ground next the concrete Merlin was on.

"She said it would only be for a little while," Merlin whined. Butch walked over to Merlin and rubbed his head into his chest. Merlin hugged the big dog; clinging to his neck. The stench of the gas station was getting overwhelming and Merlin was getting nervous. His mother had drove off a little while ago. She was in one of her bad moods and told Merlin to stay put. She drove off in her little blue van and never came back.

"She said she would be right back..." Merlin repeated as he laid his head on his dog's shoulder blade, letting the comfort of fur drain into him.

(He should probably be added to the front page...)

Edited by Doctortear

Matt:

He saw something in the distance. A building? Yes, a gas station! He looked at his gas meter- it was less than half. It would be a good idea to fill up. He surprisingly didn't see any zombies lurking around as he got closer. A few minutes later, he pulled up beside a pump and started filling his car. Austin came rolling up behind them a few seconds later.

Trinity:

She had her head in her jacket the whole time, and eventually curled up on the seat and went to sleep. She had no idea they'd even stopped.

Austin:

He smiled when he saw the gas station, and crossed his fingers that they would be able to get gas. He pulled up on the other side of the pump that Matt had pulled up to, and immediately started filling up his own car. After it was full, he directed his attention to Lucie. "Will you go find as many gas cans as you can? Might as well stock up now, especially if we're gonna be in the mountains in a few days. need it to get there, and I intend on using my car once we're there." He chucked a little bit before putting the nozzle back. He had never really bothered to actually look at Lucie. She seemed older than him. Maybe 23 or 24? Trinity seemed like she was... 16. He figured that he and Matt were close in age.

Lucie

With a sigh of relief and a grateful grin, Lucie hopped out of the car and began to wander the station. She entered the main building and began to scavenge for supplies. There weren't too many gas cans, most of them where either locked up or empty. Only about three of them were full and not in chains. Lugging the cans around, Lucie began to exit the station, stuffing sweets of all shorts into the pants and jacket pockets. It was only when she had exited the building, when she heard the growling.

Merlin

Butch was growling at himself. His pointed ears are folded back and his teeth were bared. A vicious snark rippled from his throat.

"Butch?" Merlin echoed as the Doberman began to stalk forward. Two men by the gas station were targeted by the massive canine. The well trained guard dog had his eyes locked on them.

"Butch!" Merlin called as he raced towards the dog. Butch was trained to protect the house and attack anyone who stood in the way. He wasn't exactly friendly to strangers.

Matt:

When he was done filling his car, he put the pump back, and started to wander into the station. He didn't even get inside, when he came face to face with a snarling Doberman. He was tough, but there was really one thing that scared him to death: dogs. Even the tiny fluffy ones. This was something he never told anyone, but now that he was in the warpath of this huge snarling one that looked like it wanted to kill him, he didn't waste any time running back to his car, screaming. "Oh shi**!! Austin!!!" He yelled. He ran back to the pump and yanked the door of his car open. He jumped inside and slammed it shut, jolting Trinity awake in the process. Loud barking could be heard outside.

Austin:

He saw the dog at the same time Matt did, but unlike Matt, he wasn't really scared. The Doberman looked ready to kill something, and that was when he made the decision to freeze. He got down really small so he wouldn't seem like a threat to it, and slowly backed away. He saw Lucie in the station, and motioned for her to be quiet.

Trinity:

She jolted awake with the sudden slam of the car door. Matt was sitting in the drivers seat, pale white. She hadn't expected to see him looking so scared and vulnerable. He was the tough, manly one of the group. She felt bad, and looked at him with sympathy. She heard barking outside, and almost got white herself. Right outside her window was a snarling Doberman. No wonder he was scared. She stared at the dog, unsure what to do. Austin and Lucie were still outside with it...

Edited by skiddajane

Lucie:

She froze as soon as the dog started barking. It was a low sound; rough and wild. The Doberman itself looked crazed, sharp teeth in a large jaw, pointed ears flat back, and dark brown eyes looking as though they were black. Why did the thing have to be so massive? It looked like it was bred to be huge and terrifying. Before Lucie could move, she heard a small voice pipe up. The dog's head turned and the most innocent looking boy Lucie had ever seen ran up to the monstrous Doberman.

Merlin:

"Butch! Why did you leave me?" Merlin cried as he ran up to his pet. The Doberman glanced at him for merely a moment before turned its head and growling again.

"Butch! What are you-" Merlin cut himself off as he saw the strange man by the gas pump. Butch bared his teeth and growled menacingly. Merlin didn't say anything, he just stood and stared at the man with wide eyes.

Austin:

He saw a rather adorable little boy come to the side of the dog. "We won't hurt you- Please, call him off.." He said in the calmest voice he could muster. The dog was coming close to him....

Matt:

Once he saw that the dog was walking away from the car, towards Austin, he calmed down. At least it wasn't after him anymore. He relaxed in his seat, and reached for the suitcase that held the gun he had found at Trinity's house...

Trinity:

She stared at the Doberman. Suddenly a little boy came to his side, and tried calming the dog down. It wasn't really helping. Without thinking, she opened the door and ran into the gas station behind the dog and the boy. Her goal: Dog treats.

Merlin

"Who are you?" Merlin asked nervously. "I-I don't know who you are. Mother said not to talk to strangers, and Butch doesn't like you." Butch's growling got progressively louder as Merlin's fear grew.

"If you all just stop moving," Merlin said slowly. "then he won't att-" Just then, a girl shot out of the car and into the gas station. Butch's train went immeaditly into effect. He spun around and chased after the girl, barked the entire time.

"Butch!" Merlin yelled as he scrambled after his beloved dog.

Lucie:

Lucie's heart sank as she saw Trinity jump out of the car and run straight towards her. In the process, the dog caught sight of the fast moment and began chasing after her.

You idiot! What did you think was going to happen when you ran? Out of all the times you could of gotten out of the car, you chose now?"

In terror, Lucie ran back inside of the gas station and began looking around for something she could defend herself with.

Edited by Doctortear

Trinity:

She ran into the gas station and slammed the door behind her, right before the dog could get in. She stopped for her breath, next to Lucie. "I...We need dog treats. Maybe if we show him we have food and we're friendly, he will like us more.." She said. She started walking down the isles looking for something the dog might like. Maybe even a chew toy?

Matt:

He became white again when he saw that Trinity had left the car door wide open in her sprint to the station. He scrambled to close it. Once closed, he sat back, trying to find the gun again. After he lightly brushed it, he couldn't bring himself to grab it. It was just a dog. He looked out the window again- a little boy was at the dogs side. He couldn't shoot that boy's dog...

Austin:

He refrained from yelling as Trinity bolted from the car. He watched with hope as she made her way to the station and the dog at her heels. She made it safely. The Doberman was clawing and barking furiously at the door. He held dead still.

Merlin

"Butch! Butch!" Merlin yelled as he pulled at the dog's collar. "Stop it! We don't need to be chasing after people! Mom told us to stay put, remember? We can't go with strangers!" The Doberman paced back and forth, a snarl stilled formed on his lips. But yet, he obeyed. He stopped clawing at the door and came to the boy's side, his tongue rolled out of his mouth and his tail wagging ever so slightly.

"Butch, I don't think they're criminals," Merlin said as the dog sniffed his face. "Dad said you only attack bad guys, remember?" Merlin wrapped himself around the dog's neck and keeled down on the ground. The animal that had murder in its eyes only a moment ago now sat calmly next to the small boy.

Lucie

"I don't think that's necessary," Lucie said as she watched the dog pad away from the door.

Thank goodness.... That could of turned out horribly."

Turning to face Trinity, Lucie let some of her frustration out.

"Why did you run in here?" she demanded, not too harshly. "You could of gotten yourself killed! You could of least walked slowly or tried to be quiet. That dog almost got it!"

Edited by Doctortear

Trinity:

"Well.. I thought it would be better to take care of the situation rather than just let Austin get eaten by the thing! I figured getting a toy or something for it would make it like us..." She said. She noticed that the dog was now sitting relaxed by the little boy's side.

Austin:

He watched in awe as how easily the dog was calmed. "Can..Can I pet him? Will he bite me?" He asked the little boy.

Matt:

He let go of the gun, and stuffed it back into the suitcase. What was he thinking? He wouldn't shoot a dog. The whole apocalypse thing was getting to him... He would have never shot a dog if the circumstances were normal. Did he somehow think that because the world was going to chaos, it was okay? He could definitely shoot zombies, and animals for food, heck he would even shoot someone who got in the way of them getting supplies. But a dog? It was innocent, and he didn't want to think about the look on the little boy's face if he shot his dog dead in front of him. The dog was scary as all get out, but he mentally punished himself for even having the thought of killing it.

Merlin

"Only if you don't touch his head." Merlin said quietly as Butch looked up curiously at the stranger.

"I-I don't know who you are," he said shyly. "Mother said not to talk to strangers... and I don't know you."

Lucie

"If you give a rhino a squeaky toy, do you think it will stop charging?" Lucie asked, her patience thinning. "If that dog was trained to kill, then that's exactly what it's going to do. Squeaky toys and dog treats aren't going to solve the problem." Without further ado, Lucie walked out of the gas station with the supplies. She ignored the dog and boy and headed to Austin's car. She opened the trunk and began packing various supplies into it.

Austin:

He smiled, and gently started rubbing the dog's back. "Oh, well.. Yeah I suppose I am a stranger. Is your mother around? There are no other cars here.. Oh. You haven't seen any..sick people walking around, have you...?" He asked, dread filling him. They might need to add a 5th person to their group... and a dog.

Trinity:

"I..I..." The dog DID look pretty..evil. She thought deeper, coming to the conclusion that Lucie was probably right. She slunk back to where the food and checkout snacks were, and began filling up grocery bags with snacks and other food items. She even took all the money out of the register in case it was still being used. She was sure it was, since the whole fiasco started less than 24 hours ago.

Lucie:

Lucie sighed as Trinity began to grab more supplies. At least that problem was over. Lucie exited the gas station, gas cans and bags swinging from her arms. She headed over to Austin's car and compacted everything into the trunk. Seeing as there was still more room, Lucie headed back towards the station to grab more.

Merlin:

"Sick people? Merlin asked in confusion. "Well I heard some moaning in the bathrooms, but besides that nothing. My mom said she would be back in a few minutes, but that was several hours ago..." Merlin brought his knees to his chest.

"I'm still waiting for her to come back," he said with a sigh. "I don't know how much longer it'll be, but I know she'll be back eventually."

Austin:

"Moaning in the bathrooms?" This meant either more survivors, or zombies. He debated whether to go and check it out or simply get Lucie and Trinity out of the gas station all together. He wanted to stay with the boy to make sure he was safe, so instead he motioned for Matt to come over by them. "What's your name? My name is Austin, and the man walking over here is Matt. The two girls in the gas station are Lucie and Trinity. There's something bad going on...and we all got together so we would be safe. If you want, you are welcome to come with us to the mountains where everything will be all better. I know you're waiting for your mom, but chances are that she decided to go there too." He said, trying to explain the situation to such a little kid as nicely as he could. Matt came over, and he told him to go check out the restrooms for zombies. He whispered, so that the boy couldn't hear the word "zombies."

Matt:

Matt was watching as Austin started petting the dog, and talking to the boy. He called for him, and Matt hesitantly made his way over to them. He stayed a distance away from the dog, as Austin explained noises in the bathroom. He was a bit concerned, because the girls had both gone in the station. He ran into the building, and found them both by the counter. Trinity had an arm full of 50's, and he laughed. Smart girl. He thought. He watched Lucie getting more supplies, and started heading towards the back. He found an isle with camping gear, and got an army knife from a package. He stopped by the bathrooms, and called to the girls. "I think there are zombies in the bathrooms, stay by the counter or go put stuff in the cars. I'll be there in a minute.." He said. He turned and opened he mens bathroom door.

Trinity:

She got a good arm full of money, and was heading out the door when Matt walked in. She smiled at him, only to see that he looked like he was in a hurry and rushed past her and Lucie. "Okay then." She muttered. A few minutes later, she heard the crunching of a ripped open package, and heard Matt call to them. He said something about zombies, and she immediately ran outside. No way was she getting near one of those again. She stuffed the money, half in both cars. Then she sat on the hood of Matt's car, and sat watching the gas station door.

Edited by skiddajane

Lucie:

Lucie ignored the others as she ran her supply runs. She needed to get as much food, ammo, water, and supplies as she could. She just continued to run back and forth. Back and forth.. back and forth...

Merlin:

"You really think mum is going to be there?" he asked excitedly. "'Cause, if she's there, then I need to be there too! I can't stay here if she's going to the mountains!" Butch licked his lips and looked up at Austin. His tongue lolled out of his mouth and sharp teeth pointed out of his gums.

Austin:

"We're going to be leaving as soon as possible. You can ride in my car with Lucie and I. Trinity and Matt will ride in his car. Now, I'm not sure what you like to do for fun, but after Matt comes back outside, we can head in there and find you something to do for the long car ride. What do you say?" He asked, smiling. He smiled at the dog, too. It seemed so much more relaxed when the boy was around to comfort him.

Matt: He opened the door to the bathroom, to find a single zombie pacing about. It was moaning it's head off, and when it saw him it scrambled towards him at an incredible pace. A positive.. The zombie nearly smacked into him before he jammed the knife into it's forehead. It collapsed in the doorway, convulsing. It was still after a minute. He opened the women's door, and found no other zombies. He sighed, and stepped over the dead zombie. He relaxed for a few minutes, leaning on the wall. The zombie corpse inches away from his right leg. It was pathetic. A dumb, almost harmless creature, terrorizing the country. He looked at the blade in his hand, and began cleaning the black blood off with his shirt. Suddenly, a sharp pain ripped through his right leg. He jerked it back, kicking at the zombie, trying to smash it's head in. Blood was starting to appear from a few teeth marks on his ankle. The zombie was screaming, and drenched in it's own blood as Matt kicked it. Finally the screaming stopped, and it's face was mangled. But Matt kept kicking it, over and over. His face filled with sweat and anger. Oh my God! Why did I let my guard down?! You idiot! Oh god, I bet I have type A! I'm going to die! You Da** Bast**! He kicked it until his foot was numb. He threw his knife over the isles, all the way across the gas station. Slamming his fists on the wall, he stormed outside. He saw Lucie with armfulls of supplies. "We're going. Now!" He stormed past Austin and the kid, yelling the same command to them. He got into the car, and covered his face with his hands.

Trinity:

She saw Matt stomp out of the gas station, and immediately got into the car. When he got in, she noticed he had a tear running down his cheek. She felt really uneasy. A tough guy like Matt, shedding a tear? What happened in there? She stared at him as he put his head in his hands and proceeded to shake his head back and forth. She wanted to put a hand on his shoulder, but wasn't sure if he would snap at her or not...

Merlin:

The big man was scary. Merlin didn't like him, not one bit.

"I...I can just play with Butch in the car," Merlin said, tearing his eyes away from the other man. "Petting his fur makes me calm down and I like that.

Lucie:

Matt was scaring her. Did something happen? Why was he crying? Did he get attacked or something? Hurrying up, she packed the rest of the supplies in her arms into the car. She hopped into shotgun and looked over at Austin.

"Oy! We're going!" she called to Austin, hoping he would hop into the car.

Edited by Doctortear

Austin:

He nodded to Merlin, and started fast walking to his car. He opened the backseat for him and the dog to get in. He was about to get into his own car, but decided to check on Matt. He walked up to his car window. "You look insane, dude. What happened?" He asked, knocking on the window.

Matt:

He was flooded with thoughts on what he should do. He ignored Austin when he came to his window. He shuffled through the suitcase that contained the gun. He shoved it in Trinity's hands. "I need you to shoot me if I start flipping out. Got it?" He said. He started the car. Austin was still there, and he was already pissed off at himself. He flipped Austin the bird. "I'm fine! Get in your car and let's just get outta here!" He growled. Austin yelled something back, and went to get back into his own car. Matt pulled forward, and started on the road, ahead of Austin. They would get behind them in a few seconds. His face was grim as he swerved to hit every single zombie on the road, uncaring about the mess it made on his car. Before he died, he wanted to kill as many of them as he possibly could.

Trinity:

She stared wide eyed at Matt when he shoved the gun in her hand. Kill him? What for? He didn't.... She didn't see any bite marks...Just now?.....No.... He wasn't infected, was he? He couldn't be. But why else would he be acting like this? Scared, angry, telling her to shoot him? Acting like a complete a**hole? She stared at the gun, then at Matt.

Merlin:

Wide eyed, Merlin hopped into the back seat of the car. He scooted over to the far right as Butch made his way to the left. After shutting the door, Merlin buckled himself into the seat and moved to buckle Butch in. The Doberman put up a small struggle and growled at Merlin, telling him to back off. Merlin sighed and stopped trying to buckle in the dog. Butch plopped himself down next to Merlin and laid is head down on his paws which were on Merlin's lap.

"Are we going?" Merlin asked to one of the adults in front of him. He wanted to seen his mother real soon, and they had to leave as quick as they could!

Lucie:

Oh god...

Lucie drummed her fingers along her seat. Matt was in a pissy mood and was yelling at everyone. It was terrifying to think that he might hurt one of them. Lucie's gaze flitted up to the mirror above her. They had a kid. A young child and Matt was acting this way?

Something must of happened in the stalls. There's no way he would act like this on a whim.

Waiting for Austin to get in the car, Lucie looked out the window and pleaded silently that he would come.

Austin:

He got into the car, just in time to hear Merlin's question. "Yup, we're going. Right behind Matt and Trinity."

Lucie:

Before Austin started the car, Lucie leaned over to him, grasping the arm rest to hold herself steady.

"You probably already know, but something is wrong with Matt," she whispered, low enough so the boy wouldn't hear. "I think he might of hurt himself or something. Not sure, but whatever he did, it was bad enough that he would change his behavior out of thin air." Recoiling back, Lucie sat comfortably in her seat.

"We can leave whenever you're ready," she said with a huff.

Austin:

He started the car, and sped up to a decent speed so he could catch up to Matt. He was hitting every zombie in sight. There really was something wrong with him... He hoped he was just letting off steam... "Yeah...he's acting like a real a**hole. I don't usually swear, but this seems like the only appropriate word to describe him. I hope he's just upset...and there's nothing wrong with him..." He said to Lucie. Up ahead, Matt's car seemed to be swerving just a little... He hoped his imagination wasn't overreacting.

Matt:

He had only been bitten for about 10 minutes, when he started to feel strange. His vision was blurring, and his head felt like everything was spinning. He continued to drive, though. As long as he could see the road, he wasn't stopping. He calmed down considerably, and sighed. He stopped hitting zombies, partially because they were thinning out, and partially because he needed to concentrate through the dizziness.

Trinity:

Matt looked calmer, although he would randomly squint his eyes as if he was trying to see something far away. She held the gun firm, still worrying about him.

Merlin:

"You said a bad word!" Merlin shouted as Austin dropped the A bomb. "Mom says we shouldn't say bad words. But, I'm not so sure about that since she says pretty bad words all the time." Merlin felt Butch lick his chin before laying back down. Calmly, Merlin began to ruffle the dog's fur.

Lucie:

Lucie bit her lip as she saw the car ahead swerve here and there. Something was definitely wrong with Matt. She didn't hear Merlin's comment, she was too focused on the car moving around wildly around the road.

Oh god, this is terrible. Did he get bit? Is he going to... turn?

Lucie licked her lips and grabbed the edge of her chair, her fingernails digging into it.

"I...I think Trinity may be in danger," she whispered, her eyes traced with fear.

Matt:

He regained focus a few minutes after the dizzy spell, and began focusing again on the road. His car clock said that it was 11:20 AM. They should continue for another few hours.

Austin:

"He better not have been bitten..." He said to Lucie. He looked ahead again, to find that Matt's car was now still. Everything was alright for now. He looked in the backseat at Merlin and his dog, and saw that he had an old etch a sketch tucked between the seats. One of his small cousins must have left it there a while ago. He turned back to the road, to see that Matt's car was still going steady. "Hey, there's a toy between the seats if you want to check it out. We're going to be driving for a while.." He said to Merlin.

*were just gonna pretend that it's now like a few hours later, say..2:00.*

Matt (again):

They had been driving for a while, and he was considering stopping. Trinity had fallen asleep about an hour ago, and was still sleeping. He hadn't noticed any more strange symptoms. He knew that he wasn't going to turn into a fast zombie, because it had been over two hours. He pulled over to the side of the highway. He closed his eyes, and sighed. He was getting tired from driving so long. He looked over at Trinity again, and she was still sleeping. Austin's car pulled up next to them.

Austin (again):

Matt's car pulled to the side of the road, and he pulled up next to him in case something was wrong. Matt appeared to just be taking a break. He stopped the car, and got out and stretched.