Herk

Comics

I'm really surprised this doesn't exist yet.

I'm an avid reader of books - always have been, always will be. But during the last couple of years I dicovered that I not only like novels and short stories in written form, but that the modern comic industry has a lot to offer besides mass-produced weekly Mickey Mouse strips.

So what are your favourite comics?

Do you prefer European/Franco-Belgian comics like Asterix and Lucky Luke?

Do you consider yourself a Marvel or DC guy/gal?

Do you like horror comics?

Have you read autobiographical comics?

Who is your favourite author?

Which artists do you like?

Do you have a favourite letterer?

Which ongoing series do you like/read?

Is art or language more important to you?

The questions above are of course just possible things to talk about. Please share - I'm really curious (and will rant about my own interests in a few posts wink.gif)

If you strictly read Manga that's fine to share too of course, but as there are a couple of Manga threads already, I would love to focus this thread more on Western or at least non-Asian style comics/graphic novels.

*sneaks in* Marvel is amazing. The art just about kills me everytime I see it, just, gyahhhh. I love it.

And I don't know if I should include web comics, but I am. biggrin.gif There's this extremely amazing web comic called Fisheye Placebo, by an artist who goes by the name of Yuumei on deviantart and taptastic, where it can be found. The art is extremely well done and the story really sucks you in. Unfortunatly not many chapters have been released due to the fact that, well, making a good comic takes time. I also read this we comic called Gamer Cat on taptastic, the creators name is something like...Samantha Whitten? I'm not sure if that's right. Anyways, it's completely entertaining for video game lovers. It's basically a...gamer cat. xd.png

Edited by Lythe

I'm not really into comics that much, except I love the IDW Transformers comics. Particularly the More Than Meets the Eye series.

I've always read lots of European/Franco-Belgian comics. Some Spanish, but mostly Franco-Belgian series. Astérix, Blake and Mortimer, Tintin, Blueberry, Gaston (I could go on xd.png) but my all time favourite is XIII.

I also read a few American comics, mostly Marvel (especially anything X-men related), The Walking Dead and tie-in/new seasons comics about tv shows that I like (Buffy, Angel, Jericho, Doctor Who, 24 etc). I've got nothing against DC, it's just that the stories that I like most are by Marvel.

*raises hand wildly and jumps out of seat* ATKFDE<GEDB kyucftgdsdcs!

MARVEL

MARVEL

MARVEL MARVEL MARVEL

I am a die-hard fan, putting it lightly.

*raises hand wildly and jumps out of seat* ATKFDE<GEDB kyucftgdsdcs!

MARVEL

MARVEL

MARVEL MARVEL MARVEL

I am a die-hard fan, putting it lightly.

Love your user pic there, popcorncat, the only thing cooler would be Groot biggrin.gif

In my heart I'm a Marvel girl, too. Although I'm recently very into Vertigo and Marvel does its best to get rid of me completely (in the printed section).

I would have to pick Marvel over DC. DC has all of these alternate universes where a character is dead in one universe but then comes back to life in another and it drives me nuts. It seems like a scheme just to make more money, to me anyway lol.

I would have to say my two favorite artists are Kelley Jones and Ben Templesmith. The way Jones drew Crimson Mist (Batman) was really great. I also love his art in the Batman: Gotham after Midnight series. And Templesmith.....he draws creepy, out of the box stuff really well. Another series I am/was really into was The Umbrella Academy but GW is taking so damn long getting his butt in gear to get things done. sad.gif Another comic I love was the first couple series of Marvel Zombies and some of the off-shoots. Those were great. The later series......no so much. lol Oh, and I do love good horror comics. smile.gif

More European comics since I grew up with them. Asterix, Lucky Luke and Isnogoud. I also like Disney comics and the comics of Arkas. Arkas has heis cynical humor that I like. Here's a biography http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arkas and here's is some samples of his work but beware of the content it might be innapropriate for some ages. http://www.arkas.gr/index.php/gr/1/lang/en0.htm http://www.arkas.gr/index.php/gr/8/books/books_en.htm Have a look and tell me your oppinion.

So what are your favourite comics? Marvel's X-Men with Beast, Kitty , Wolverine, Gambit and Rogue

Do you prefer European/Franco-Belgian comics like Asterix and Lucky Luke? never read or heard of

Do you consider yourself a Marvel or DC guy/gal?Marvel gal for the most part these days. As a kid I was DC all the way though.

Do you like horror comics? NO!

Have you read autobiographical comics? Not that I remember.

Who is your favourite author? Don't really have one. I do like Stan Lee.

Which artists do you like? I am awful I look at the drawings and won't read it if I don't like the style, but I never remember the artists name. How shaming.

Do you have a favourite letterer? no.

Which ongoing series do you like/read? Not much any more It got way too expensive buying my comics to keep up. I am old comics used to be ten cents, did you know that?

Is art or language more important to you? Both I won't read a story that doesn't engage my attention or a book whose art fails to touch me.

My failing finances made me stop feeding my comic addiction. Too many things I collected so I cut them all off. Okay so I still indulge in books when I can.