Psycho Cat

More often BSA release

There are some very useful BSA suggestions (cough heal cough) that I would love to see implemented soon. I don't think it needs to be a regular thing by any means, but I do wish the BSA section would get more attention than it currently does.

Actually while we're on the subject I'd just like to see some new features implemented soon in general (specific description approving members, being able to sort multiple dragons at once, a more accurate breeding time indication, etc etc)--the site hasn't gotten any such updates in a long time.

There are some very useful BSA suggestions (cough heal cough) that I would love to see implemented soon. I don't think it needs to be a regular thing by any means, but I do wish the BSA section would get more attention than it currently does.

Actually while we're on the subject I'd just like to see some new features implemented soon in general (specific description approving members, being able to sort multiple dragons at once, a more accurate breeding time indication, etc etc)--the site hasn't gotten any such updates in a long time.

^^ This basically. I could not have said it any better.

Yep. Basically this. But I doubt we'll see any of the new features that the majority of people seem to want anytime soon. DC has never been quick at this kind of thing, especially recently.

I don't think we should be releasing BSAs just because we need more BSAs, though. They actually need to be useful (and there are some good and useful ones which have been suggested)...

Edited by TheGrox

I don't think we should be releasing BSAs just because we need more BSAs, though. They actually need to be useful (and there are a lot of good and useful ones which have been suggested)...

I disagree with this. There really are NOT that many useful ones proposed. If you look at a lot of the "useful" ones proposed, they are often variations of a few central ideas, like healing sickness, egg freezing, delaying growth, removing refusals, hatchling incubate, and in-cave messaging. And this is discounting whether or not TJ ever wants to implement all of them(like, he may not WANT a heal option because he feels sickness is part of the game), meaning the list MAY thin even further. If we stick to only useful BSAs, then the current release rate is about as good as it will get, unless we allow near duplicates(which I personally am for, I still think incubate or a variation could be given to more than one dragon).

I disagree with this. There really are NOT that many useful ones proposed. If you look at a lot of the "useful" ones proposed, they are often variations of a few central ideas, like healing sickness, egg freezing, delaying growth, removing refusals, hatchling incubate, and in-cave messaging. And this is discounting whether or not TJ ever wants to implement all of them(like, he may not WANT a heal option because he feels sickness is part of the game), meaning the list MAY thin even further. If we stick to only useful BSAs, then the current release rate is about as good as it will get, unless we allow near duplicates(which I personally am for, I still think incubate or a variation could be given to more than one dragon).

This. Which was kind of what I meant by how many do we need.

Moving multiple dragons when we are sorting is FAR more important, and the most useful current BSA suggestion IMNVHO is multiple fogging...

I think there are a fair amount more useful ones than people think. There's heal, harmonize (can remove refusals), being able to grow more leetle trees (and name them), stargaze (influences nebula colors), luck (slightly increases the odds of getting one particular breed from a breeding), run (retrieves your abandoned eggs if no one else has grabbed them yet), storm (fogs multiple dragons at once)... and that's to say nothing of cute side features like mints leaving paw print decorations all over a scroll, or BBWs telling "stories" (showing other user's described dragons), misfits being able to put goofy decorations on eggs...

You could argue that none of those are necessary, but fertility, incubate, and earthquake weren't really either. Personally I think they'd add a lot to the game!

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Totally this.

Only: As long as the BSA section gets next to no "attention" by TJ (in the form of implementing some suggestions hashed out there), there's absolutely no reason for us players and forum-posters to go there. sad.gif

I wouldn't mind copycat BSAs being released, either. For example, there are some incubate-like BSAs proposed. There'd be nothing bad about them being released in addition to the existing Incubate because it would allow us more choices of which particular BSA to use - and which dragons to collect. Personally, I'd never have amassed reds if they didn't have this extremely useful BSA - and were the only breed to have it.

And, yes, I'd also love to see a guard or heal BSA (guard to prevent sickness for - mostly - precious eggs, heal to cure sickness.)

I think there are a fair amount more useful ones than people think. There's heal, harmonize (can remove refusals), being able to grow more leetle trees (and name them), stargaze (influences nebula colors), luck (slightly increases the odds of getting one particular breed from a breeding), run (retrieves your abandoned eggs if no one else has grabbed them yet)... and that's to say nothing of cute side features like mints leaving paw print decorations all over a scroll, or BBWs telling "stories" (showing other user's described dragons), misfits being able to put goofy decorations on eggs...

You could argue that none of those are necessary, but fertility, incubate, and earthquake weren't really either. Personally I think they'd add a lot to the game!

I addressed most of those. And ones like the mints leaving pawprints wouldn't be considered useful. I will note that I was objecting to the previous user's assertion that only useful BSAs be released, not that BSAs shouldn't be released.

Okay, so I wouldn't mind some of the less 'useful' ones too. What I really meant to say was that we shouldn't release them just for the sake of releasing them, or just because we haven't had one in a while. They need to be a good idea which fits in with the site.

Well of course. But useful varies in meaning. Are you someone who plays for fun, a casual person with a few goals, or a hard-core breeder? People collecting an army of Pinks may view Splash as useless, while someone hording Shallows so they can get as many badges as possible, not caring what the gender is, would view Influence as useless. This isn't very black and white, because we all use a little bit of each, but I'm just saying we should take into mind that useful is an unstable word.

Edited for derpy mistake.

Edited by Psycho Cat

I think I'd really like to see a couple every few months, or a rather large-ish clump released in lieu of a dragon release. c:

I don't want to see BSAs being released for the sake of it. When there's one that is useful add it to the game, otherwise why bother even coding it in.

I'm against the "more often" notion, but I do however want to see BSAs being released when they can actually help improve the game.

First: you could say earthquake and incubate are variations of hatching a dragon.

Second: I think fun, useless BSAs are great too.

Earthquake usually doesn't hatch a dragon, it usually kills eggs or does nothing.

Originally, eggs killed by earthquake didn't count towards your scroll limits, which made people actually pick up eggs from the AP and EQ them to clear the AP way back when.

I don't want to see BSAs being released for the sake of it. When there's one that is useful add it to the game, otherwise why bother even coding it in.

I'm against the "more often" notion, but I do however want to see BSAs being released when they can actually help improve the game.

I agree. Why do we NEED dozens of BSAs - there are a few already suggested that would be seriously useful (not least multifogging in some form...) but BSAs for the sake of them - no thanks.

Personally, I'm not exactly opposed to BSAs that are just plain fun to have - like adding markings to your scroll for merely decorative purposes or altering a dragon's appearance. Neither am I opposed to having similar BSAs for different dragons. (Like something similar to Incubate for spitfires or both a Heal and a Guard BSA for whites and guardians, respectively.) However, I'd greatly appreciate useful new BSAs over any other kind.

Edited by olympe