MoonTiger

Hell's Graves

A spiral is the opposite of a stairstep. In a stairstep, you use CBs of one breed and one gender. Thus you could have a line of male Hellfires, all paired with female Graves. You would influence all Hellfire eggs to be male, using only the males.

In a spiral, you would start with the male Hellfire, but influence the egg to be female. Mate the female with a male Grave, and influence the egg to be male. And repeat.

I believe we're working on an even-Gen. A checker?

The male that I kept has been named. Tomorrow I will try breeding him a half-sibling.

Thanks for 'rescuing' my babies. tongue.gif

Ahh~ So then Noel Goldendust is a spiral? That's pretty neat. ^^

Oh, so then after the CB Hellfire and Grave pairing we breed the offspring with other Hellfires? Alright. I'm also going to try and try the other breeding patterns as well, seeing as how I have the Graves to do it. Ihave to stop at 4th gen though, since I only have two CB female Graves. (And to think I was originally afraid of having too many females. dry.gif )

You're welcome. They were so cute it was near impossible to say no. biggrin.gif

Ahh~ So then Noel Goldendust is a spiral? That's pretty neat. ^^

Oh, so then after the CB Hellfire and Grave pairing we breed the offspring with other Hellfires? Alright. I'm also going to try and try the other breeding patterns as well, seeing as how I have the Graves to do it. I have to stop at 4th gen though, since I only have two CB female Graves. (And to think I was originally afraid of having too many females.  dry.gif )

A spiral with Holidays, yes. laugh.gif

But I'm not sure if we're doing a spiral or a checker.

Goal?

Make the longest Even Gen possible with Graves and Hell Fires.

How?

Pair each CB Grave with a CB Hellfire then mate the offspring until there is no more space.

Checker, I think. So what would need to happen is I'd breed a pair, and give the egg to another person. That person then breeds their pair, and influences the offspring to be different. Breed those two, getting a 3rd Gen.

LoveOfTheMoonChild said they're going to keep track of which offspring goes where, what gender, who to breed it to, just to make sure there's no inbreeding.

At the time of this post, there are 12 specified Graves, giving us 24 CBs. We would be halfway between a 5th Gen (16) and a 6th Gen (32).

I am going to be trying to find viable pairings for the 5 of my Graves that haven't been able to mate and will keep the initial offspring until I have formalized their pairings. I don't want to send out hatchlings that are half-siblings.

Blitzwing (Grave) refused Justifying (Hellfire), but Justifying accepted Voyage (Grave). I am making a spreadsheet to keep track of who is refusing who. Until then, I will keep the offspring. ninja.gif Stupid refusals.

Edited by SkylerFarrier

I can help you if you need "new blood":) I have 2 females Hellfire and 2 males Hellfire and Grave mate for each of them smile.gif

Just send me PM with request.

Edited by Chita

Okay. Sorry I haven't been on lately (got busy) but I must say I am impressed with everyone. smile.gif I'm happy that things are functioning well even in my absence, so I'm excited for this project. I saw that there were some questions about the type of lineage. What I want everyone to do is post a linage link to the furthest generation offspring you have. So if you bred (for example) three generations worth, post a link of the third generation offspring. I just want to see where everyone is at. smile.gif

Okay. Sorry I haven't been on lately (got busy) but I must say I am impressed with everyone. smile.gif I'm happy that things are functioning well even in my absence, so I'm excited for this project. I saw that there were some questions about the type of lineage. What I want everyone to do is post a linage link to the furthest generation offspring you have. So if you bred (for example) three generations worth, post a link of the third generation offspring. I just want to see where everyone is at. smile.gif

I am still trying to get my pairings set, as a couple of the ones I listed have refused to breed. Since that means my Hellfires are breeding with different dragons, I will have some half-siblings and no more of my eggs are being sent out until I have mine set. Or at least have all of one gender set. I believe I only have 4 each of Hellfires, but I caught one just now and am influencing it to try and mate it with Blitzwing. He's just being way too picky.

Also, are we going to involve any Grave-offspring from next Halloween, or are all of the bred offspring going to be Hellfires?

Edited by SkylerFarrier

I am still trying to get my pairings set, as a couple of the ones I listed have refused to breed. Since that means my Hellfires are breeding with different dragons, I will have some half-siblings and no more of my eggs are being sent out until I have mine set. Or at least have all of one gender set. I believe I only have 4 each of Hellfires, but I caught one just now and am influencing it to try and mate it with Blitzwing. He's just being way too picky.

Also, are we going to involve any Grave-offspring from next Halloween, or are all of the bred offspring going to be Hellfires?

We worry about that when Halloween rolls around, because it would depend on where we are at. wink.gif

I'm joining smile.gif

My pair made this egg!.

Message me for the tele link! Sent it off smile.gif

Edited by Brentakers

I only have a few 2nd gens from the registered dragons so far. I haven't continued the lineages farther then that because I've been helping the others get dragons to help with their lineages.

I was wondering if you had a chance to update all of the other dragons I had registered yet. The only one I see so far is Thermosa. I've registered her mate "Spooky Charizard" along with a male CB Hellfire and as well as all of my Grave Dragons.

I only have a few 2nd gens from the registered dragons so far. I haven't continued the lineages farther then that because I've been helping the others get dragons to help with their lineages.

I was wondering if you had a chance to update all of the other dragons I had registered yet. The only one I see so far is Thermosa. I've registered her mate "Spooky Charizard" along with a male CB Hellfire and as well as all of my Grave Dragons.

Yes just post up the list so I can copy and paste into the registration. That'll be the easiest thing to do.

Also, if someone can design a banner for this lineage, that would be great. smile.gif

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

Yes just post up the list so I can copy and paste into the registration. That'll be the easiest thing to do.

Also, if someone can design a banner for this lineage, that would be great. smile.gif

I had written the list a few pages back, but I could redo it, it probably needs it anyway, now that I have mates for two of the graves.

Also, I can design a banner for the project. I've made two banners for the "Take an Egg - Leave an Egg" thread, so it shouldn't be a problem. It may take me a few days however to get some spare time to make it.

The Hellfire that I caught, the one that gendered female, managed to breed with Blitzwing's Cackle.

That pairing is now confirmed, and I will try to fish my spreadsheet out of my old computer to sort around the other pairings.

Syiren: Thank you for volunteering for the banner. Take all the time you need. smile.gif And post the list when you can.

Skyler: I will add the pair to the list.

Also, has anyone made it to the third generation?

Does anyone need a 2nd gen egg? I can breed one if there is a need.

Just bred an egg: http://dragcave.net/lineage/sWguj Does anyone need it?

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

Syiren: Thank you for volunteering for the banner. Take all the time you need. smile.gif And post the list when you can.

I just sent the artist of the Grave Dragons a Pm asking permission to use them for the banner. I believe Hellfire's are safe to use, but I wanted to be sure about the Graves.

I'll edit this post once I have the list completed.

I just caught a CB Hellfire. I have no immediate need for it, but influenced it MALE to even out my CB ratios. If anyone wants it, send me a PM. cool.gif

Edit: Aww, shoot. Was testing out new pairings and auto'd an egg.

And another one auto'd.

Anyways, now I have my pairings set in stonealthough I would love for Colloquially to have a better mate. The official ones are:

Quit Your Hullabaloo (F) x I Owe You Sawdust = no egg produced, but successful pairing

Eek I'm Quaking (F) x Genericon Krok = N/A (auto'd)

Sabbjorn (F) x Fire Yeti = Cinder Yeti 2G HG (F, Syiren's)

96 Living Colloquially(F) x The 6th Beelzebub = N/A (auto'd)

Blitzwing's Cackle (M) x Nary A Screw Loose = Such a Loose Cannon - HG (?, mine)

Voyage to Kentucky (M) x Justifying The Facts = Expensive Travel - HG (F, mine)

Nihilistic Vexations (M) x Forbidden Business = Preventable Apathy - HG (M, mine)

Edited by SkylerFarrier

I'm sorry, I know I haven't asked about the banner code link yet, Friday and today were busier days then I thought. ^^; I'll try to have the answer soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

H'oh Kay! Time to stop being lazy and get these guys registered properly.

Spooky Charizard (Male) x Thermosa = The Demonic Princess HG (Female, Jass's)

Cynder - Queen of Marshmallows (Female) x Flameheart - Hellstep (Male) They have bred, but the egg was auto AP'd.

I caught another CB Hellfire, but it's still only an egg. I'll register it with another Grave dragon once it matures. (or at least genders)

Edited by Syiren

((Double Post, my bad.))

I have the code you were asking for. Try one of these.

[url=http://url-goes-here.net][img=img-url-goes-here.jpg][/url]

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=156162][IMG=IMAGE LINK HERE][/URL]

Both should do the same thing.

Auto'd one because I thought I'd abandoned to make a slot free.

Got two to breed, the others have to wait 2 days. I'm aiming to have a Male and Female from each pairing I make, so checkerboarding will be easy.

Sabbjorn (F) x Fire Yeti = (f0dgr)

Blitzwing's Cackle (M) x Nary A Screw Loose = (RR2XE)

Both have been influenced male, as they have a sister.

Such a Loose Cannon - HG gendered female.

Bringing to front page to see if there is still interest in this