Darkwolf001

Darkwolf001's Art pieces

Hiya! Welcome to my art thread!

I'm a mix media artist but for right now, I mainly work on plushie making. I make all plushies by hand. I paint the features on mostly. I'm open to any ideas and suggestions. If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.

I'll be show casing my art and WIP here.

So without further ado: My art!

user posted image This is my character off of Skyrim turned plush!

user posted image A commission for the drummer from CNblue.

user posted image This was a sketch for a RP character of mine. Still love that blade. Lol

user posted image This was a gift to my sister for her 16th birthday. I used oil paint on canvas.

Thank you for viewing!! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Currently Working On:

Plushes:

Pikachu

Hello Kitty

Leafeon

Lee Jung-Shin CNblue

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. thumbs_up.png

Edited by Darkwolf001

Awwwh, those are so cute! Nice work, especially with the plushes! How long do they usually take?

AHHHHH!!!! THE UMBREON IS SO CUUUUUTE!!!

But seriously, you're amazing. I wish I had skills like yours!

Awwwh, those are so cute! Nice work, especially with the plushes! How long do they usually take?

Thank you! Usually it takes 1-2 weeks. It depends on the complexity of the plushie and how much free time I can nab. laugh.gif

AHHHHH!!!! THE UMBREON IS SO CUUUUUTE!!!

But seriously, you're amazing. I wish I had skills like yours!

Thanks! All can say is trial and error and lots of patience. Oh and paper! Lots of paper! laugh.gif

Do you make yourlushies with felts?

I use more stretchy material for the main body like fleece. I experimented with felt once and didnt get really good results. However, I do use felt for small details such as hair or belts.

Are there any tips to make something like the umbreon plush? You inspired me to do something similar.

I can't stop freaking out in amazement of your work.

Experiment with paper first and research similar items such as other stuffed animals/canines. Draw what basic shapes you see. then Cut out your paper pattern and kinda tape it together to get a feel of what it may look like. if the paper pattern is to your liking then test it out using cheap fabrics such as felt. Lastly if it doesnt come put right the first dont not get discouraged! Practice is good for experience. Heh sorry if this may not make much sense but it's what I did and still do to figure out what looked best for any plush. If I may ask what are you going to make?

Edited by Darkwolf001

Thanks! That made a lot of sense, actually.

I was planning on making an Eevee, but I might start with something simpler.

user posted image

user posted image

Commission: Umbreon Holiday edition! laugh.gif This is a five inch plush and was handsewn, painted, and knitted the scarf.

Edited by Darkwolf001

Here are some tribal designs for a leather quiver that I may be making. With these please do not steal, copy, modify, or sell.

Tribal Wolf Paw Print with an arrow. This will be on the quiver.

user posted image

Tribal Feather. This will be on the arm guard.

user posted image

Ok I finally finished the pikachu! I love how it came out! poptartFINALTINY.gif

Commission: Pikachu 10in. 13in including the tips of the ears.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Darkwolf001

Hiya! Well I wanted to make an update on what I am now currently into. Leatherworks. So here are a few of my commissions and pieces.

This was a group shot of custom masks. A kitsune, a half cat mask, and a wolf mask.

user posted image

Another custom Wolf mask order for a customer who wanted it before his LARP. I really loved how the paint looked on the left one.

user posted image

Close up on the cat half mask. The customer wanted it to have the Kingdom Hearts theme in piano notes as the "whiskers". Neat little project and a bit tricky.

user posted image

Close up of the black wolf mask.

user posted image

Close up on the kitsune mask.

user posted image

What the cat and wolf mask looked like before they were painted.

user posted image

user posted image

And lastly a Skyrim bookmark with the nightingale's insignia.

user posted image

Feel free to comment or ask any questions. Thanks for looking.

THAT KITSUNE MASK.

I am in awe.

Those masks are AMAZING. : D And yes I did just come in here to say that.

Woah, those are so cool! The designs are really elaborate and look amazing, thanks to the color choice. Are they made of clay?

Woah, those are so cool! The designs are really elaborate and look amazing, thanks to the color choice. Are they made of clay?

These are actually made of wetformed leather. biggrin.gif I really loved painting all of them. I think that was probably my favorite part. Lol

Thanks for the compliments. I'll try and keep this thread updated as I go. I do have an etsy if anyone was interested.

I really love your plushes, they're soo cute wub.gif

I also love your masks, I could never do something like this with leather ^^

For LARP I prefer ones that look more realistic though (for example with fur), but that's a completely different story...

Please keep going and show us moaar of your work :3

Thank you very much, Glyndlamir. I am working on a pet project with fur on more realistic looking masks. Hopefully it'll turn out like I hope it will. wink.gif

My latest custom design on a wolf mask. biggrin.gif

I love how the metallics were on the white background.

user posted image

Sun side shot.

user posted image

Moon side shot.

user posted image

Woah, they look like something out of a fantasy video game! You're right, the metallic colorations are really accentuated by the white; good job! I love the astronomical theme as well!

Also, your photography's really good too.