April2000

Breeding plans and ideas for the Grave dragons

The time is near. What have you all decided? Cassares look lovely with them but I can't decide which gender pairing I want.

Edited by Tecca

I love them with Magmas - unfortunately, Graves were my first release and as a newbie I didn't realize that I could never grab any more CBs of them and I only got one. :/

I haven't decided at all what I want to breed my Graves to (come to think of it, I haven't decided what I want to breed my Lurkers with either, and I think I need mates for most of my lineaged Halloweens still dry.gif).

I like Graves with Olives, Albinos, GoNs - although, now that I think about it the colors of the GoN would probably go better with a Lurker than with the Grave because the Graves are slightly too pale to really match, though it still looks very nice, Harvests, Waters, and Magis. They also look good with Mints, Reds, and Blacks, and I'm tempted to work out some Grave lineages with some of the newer breeds.

edit: psst, if anyone wants that Avatar of Destruction I'm putting it up for trade... Later maybe.

edit 2: Dimar, a lineage of mostly Graves with an alt Sweetling x Grave base? That sounds gorgeouss. ...Now I'm tempted to make something like that myself.

Edited by StormNSnowflake

Well, I'll breed mates for some Embers, but I don't really think I'll do much else myself. I do want to find a handful of Graves from alt Sweetlings so I can breed a base checker in the future, though. Holiday x holiday lineages take so long, but I like the pairing. :/

I caught this baby from a Wrapping-wing father last Christmas, and I actually love how they look together. I'm planning to breed a mate for that one this season. I haven't decided what to do with my other Graves, though.

Frostbites, Falconiforms, and Spessartines are my choices. c:

I like the Spessartine pairing when the Grave is male:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/TAIG8

(have tested so as not to end up with a refusal on Halloween... this will be the first time I can breed CB holidays, am looking forward to it!)

However, with the female Graves I'll need to try something else, as I don't like it all that much:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/9NH93

I like 'em with golds so I'll bred them with my CB golds until I run out of those and then switch maybe to brimstones, GoNs and dragon horses

(have tested so as not to end up with a refusal on Halloween... this will be the first time I can breed CB holidays, am looking forward to it!)

You will be happy to know that refusals are turned off for a holiday dragon when breeding in season. smile.gif

You will be happy to know that refusals are turned off for a holiday dragon when breeding in season. smile.gif

Indeed I am! Thank you for telling me!

I like them with green coppers. and pyralsprites look very nice too!

Whites too are not too bad.

I'm going to do Spessartine Pyralspite for my male Graves, and Seragamma for my female Graves.

I'm definitely doing cassare with at least one of my male graves: http://dragcave.net/lineage/NjYAa. And I like how the positions mimic each other with the brute dragons: http://dragcave.net/lineage/RMkMI.

For the females, I'm torn. I really like them with magma but they look good with ember and magi, too.

I do plan on breeding two PB pairs but the rest are going to be mixed pairs. I have 4 CB pairs and one female (for a total of 9, 4 male and 5 female). That's why I like Halloween. All the CBs you can get, you keep. >:3

I think I really want to try doing the reverse of this! It's going to be hard.

Or even work with the reverse of this and then breed the two (eventually)!

I'm breeding all of my graves with falconiforms

I already set up the mates, I can't do links as I sent all of the eggs to the AP

The only reason I breed my holiday dragons is to AP them so others can collect them, since I have all the ones that I want (Though this year I plan to breed myself a few more Pumpkins and Marrows just so that I have the same amount of them as the newer breeds) but sometimes I really wish my Snow Angels were CB because I'd love a checker with them and Graves~

*ahem* Anyway, back on topic, I haven't really decided what to pair my Graves with, though at the moment I'm thinking Cassares, Spitfires, M Hellfires, maybe Seregammas or Magi or Spessartine Pyralspites if I ever get one of those.

I bred all but one of my graves with each other so they're purebreds. The one exception I paired with a Spessartine Pyralspite. They look pretty good together, both in colour and sprite-wise. smile.gif Hope the people who found them like it.

These Two Pure Graves next year. Assuming I can get them to gender correctly.

I look forward to seeing who gets their children next year.

Edited by Rai-wolf