Lothuialel

Douhle Forest

Lucina

Lucina grumbled as she was having difficulty reading her book. It was so dark... But it was bright some moments ago. What could have happened? "Oh, right." she thought to herself and remembered it was the white flare that would illuminate the dark and dusty library for her. The light was quickly summoned back to its due place on her right index finger, but it floated forward slightly so it was now hovering right above the book, allowing for a better reading experience, without straining the sorceress' eyes. She would slam her head against the desk if it wouldn't probably break her skull in half. She felt so stupid right now. Lucina sniffed the air. A serene, pleasant scent of mint filled her nostrils. Upon taking her eyes out of the pages, she saw her herbal tea being made. Hopefully, it would grant her some minutes free from coughing fits, though it wasn't going to solve her back pain. Thankfully, her back didn't wake her up as much as those cough attacks.

She only briefly diverted her attention from the book because after a few seconds, her eyes were glued back into the pages' words. Lucina would take her time absorbing the story and enjoying each second of its content. She could speed read if she wanted to, but in her mind, what was the point of that? To prove you can skim through more than five hundred pages in an hour or less and have learned nothing from it? For her, knowledge wasn't couldn't be obtained in a matter of seconds. Rushing through everything... That never worked. Take your time while learning and enjoy every second of it... That's what Lucina did.

((Alrighty then!))

Probably just something died inside. But, a good hiding place. Ashur mumbled with a light smile. Finally, a stroke of luck! Peeking over into the darkness of the abysmal crevice, he took a few light steps inside, barely being able to make out the scattered artwork. Blind on one eye and un-adjusted to darkness with his other, it took him a moment to realize he was not alone in there. When he spotted Erelel, he froze in place. Well, that explained the smell...

He tapped on the stone wall with one talon, hoping to attract her attention, without seeming particularly threatening in the process. For all he knew, he was dealing with one of those rabid feral vampires from the catacombs all over again. Well, at least not an adult one this time...

Edited by Ælex

"Hmmm...Okay." He shrugged. "So I guess we're going there first?" He asked. Ri looked at his cut wrist. "Hmmmm...Looks like I didn't need to do it after all...waste of blood." He sighed. Ri wiped the blood that almost started dripping on the ground. He tasted the blood and looked at Columbine.

((Agreed, Lothuialel.))

user posted image

Erelel peered around until she heard the tapping sound. She twisted around and squinted her eyes at the figure in the darkness. One thing she knew for sure, that she could see good in the darkness. And what she saw was a storm dragon. Not just any, though an adult, and he didn't look quite so healthy... She stared at him for a few more seconds. "Who... are you?" She asked, slowly starting to sit up. She didn't wasn't sure how to react to someone coming in her cave.

Just a wanderer. Ashur replied nonchalantly, feeling the tiniest bit of relief to finally have someone to speak with other then himself.

Pardon my intrusion, we figured this place was empty. Err... he gave himself a mental slap.

I figured it was empty. Correcting oneself is never pleasant.

If my presence bothers you, I will gladly depart, but if you could perhaps tell me if you've seen anyone else come around here before I go?

Apart from you, this area seems desolate.

Edited by Ælex

Columbine looked at Ri. "Sure. How hungry are you? I know there are some huge elk!" she jumped onto his shoulder like a parrot. "Just got east. It should be about a mile from here. The pocket is full of wildlife and it is where those chefs get their food."

Alielel smelled her herbal mixture and nodded. It had the right smell. She tested the taste and nodded again. It was ready for Lucina. She grabbed the bowl and glided over the ground toward her. The grave dragon placed the bowl in front of the sorceress. "Here you are Miss, Bon appetite."

user posted image

"No dought what brought you here was this smell.." She murmured and narrowed her eyes thoughtfully at him. "Well..i've seen creatures come and go. There was this.. sorcerer and another dragon.." She hissed slightly and waved her paw in the air as if dismissing the thought. "But they're long gone now... went somewhere I don't know. Heck. I think i've seen other inhabitants, but I was just too busy to notice it." Her eyes shifted over to her paintings, her attention already starting to fade. "-And yes, i'm the only one in this cave... except for.." Her eyes flickered over to a cluster of dead animals lying in the corner; motionless.

'So, there are others, then... Ashur confirmed with some slight relief.

He didn't much care for the sorcerer, but another dragon was welcome news.

The extra protection was definitely worth seeking this passer-by out.

Them, yes. he also glanced at the pile of carcasses, not giving them much attention otherwise.

What are you working on there, if I might ask?

Lucina

Lucina took the book out of the table to make way for the bowl. She looked over at Alielel and gave her a grateful nod. "Merci." she thanked and carefully picked the bowl up, not only because it had hot tea in it but also because she noticed it was broken. Not much to be done about that. It wasn't like everyone carried a tea cup around with them. She didn't and she was sure Alielel didn't either. The wizard took it easy, gripping as firmly as she could onto the bowl. One wrong move and she'd spill everything onto her robes and skin. And because it was boiling, it would hurt. A lot.

The sorceress brought the bowl over to her mouth and took a sip of its content, being cautious not to drop it. She flinched a bit at first, the mint tea had a strong taste. She inhaled it and felt the hot liquid making its way down her throat and warming up her body. It was a nice, fuzzy sensation. She looked over at the Grave dragon. "It tastes great." Lucina remarked as she took another gulp, slowly as to appreciate the tea's flavour and warmth.

Edited by MetalDragon

user posted image

Erelel gave him a silent glare, but her black beady eyes were hard to depict out of the darkness. "Nothing." She lied. "Just a few smudges of blue and white."

She stared at him through what appeared to be burning eyes in the darkness. She could feel the silence closing in. Her claws scraped against against the cave's hard floor, making an eerie sound that cut through the air.

((I have to get going. Ciao everyone. Happy RPing.))

I see... he squinted and looked back outside towards the light. Somehow, he felt as if staying here was a bad idea.

At any rate, he had others to track down now. A glimmer of hope for a chance at an easier life with one or more of his own species, perhaps?

A welcome change, if nothing else.

Farewell. he said quaintly and walked out nonchalantly, wandering off into the dense woods once more, after taking a mental note of where the strange young Vampire's abode was located, should he need it later.

Edited by Ælex

((Ciao!))

The grave dragon stared her down. "Be sure to drink it all. I will make you more in the morning." she watched the sorceress drink it and smiled. It felt good to help another person. Alielel jumped and cursed in French. A mouse had ran up her spine and created some sort of sensation of the creeps when it had done that.

Lucina

Lucina gave Alielel a brief look of disapproval upon hearing (and understanding!) the cursing in French before going back to drinking the tea. "I will. I'm just savoring it." she said, her voice no longer bad as before. Her throat which was itchy and scratchy at the time started to feel a lot better. At last, she felt some kind of relief. This drink was good. The sorceress thought she could keep note of how to make it later... At a glance, it appeared to be just mint, but she doubted it was just that. "How did you make this?" Lucina asked, looking at the dragon.

Alielel thought for a moment. "FRAJ'ai utilisé feuilles de menthe et de certaines herbes médicales. Ils sont sans doute à apaisez votre gorge et détendre vos muscles. Je pense également qu'ils aident votre sommeil. J'ai simplement bouilli tous ensemble jusqu'à tous mais les lames dissous." she said in French. She paused for a moment. "There aren't just mint leaves." she said in English.

((Do you need a complete translation?)

((there aren't just mint leaves in there. I mixed in some other herbs that sooth the throat and help you sleep. I boiled the mixture till the other herbs dissolved.

That is what it basically says. I am going to create a OOC thread for this so we can have translations written down there.))

Ri tilted his head. "Uhh...Okay..." He said and went east. He looked at his wounds before shrugging it off. "...So..." He started, but drifted away. "...How old are you?" He asked curiously. By looks, she seemed to by the same age as him, 10 years old. Edited by Jass

((An OOC thread sounds nice, but just for translations?))

Lucina

Lucina looked down. "Doesn't sound like something I can just carry the ingredients around for." she muttered. All she had for storage was her unique belt to carry books around. Devoid of the required physical strength, she couldn't afford to carry any heavy bags around in her traveling. Magic was what she used to keep her needs at bay... Be it by conjuring some water ready to be consumed or by shooting an ice spear through an animal's head for food. The tea was finished before Lucina realized it. She looked at Aliele gratefully. "Thank you, again. It was delicious." she said, pushing the bowl away and putting her book back on its place. The bookworm resumed her reading immediately.

"I am twenty. Though still a hatchling." Columbine said gently. The Soulpeace snugged close to his neck enjoying the warmth. She purred out of feeling warmer from it. "You seem pretty young. Not many youth humans like dragons. In fact, most humans hate our kind." she said gently still on his shoulder.

Alielel nodded. "You're welcome, Miss. How is that book coming along?"

((Sorry to block you MD, but there. Short and simple:D))

Edited by Lothuialel

"Pfffft- What the- You're twenty?!" He exclaimed. He didn't expect a hatchling small as him be 10 years older than him. "Well...this is awkward...You're 10 years older than me..." He awkwardly said. "Also, why do dragons hate humans. I mean, I get why they hate me since I pretty much kill everyone for food, but why humans?" He asked.

Columbine laughed. "There is nothing awekward about it! And...well. I age slower, so if I were human, I would look ten. Like you." she thought about his other question and chuckled. "I don't hate humans. Humans hate ME. You have it backwards. Humans HATE dragons. Why? Well, most blame us for the drought and the unhappiness. No one knows why, but they do."

"Well, at the same time though, shouldn't it be a vice versa since humans hate you? I mean, if humans hate your kind, shouldn't dragons hate us too?" He said. He thought about it again. "Gah, my head hurrtts!" He said. "Naahhh, just joking. Its actually very easy to understand." He joked. "So...what do ya wanna talk about now?" He asked.

Columbine thought for a moment. Why are you alone? I mean, most humans your age have parents that hardly leave their side. So what about yours? Also, why do you eat others? Do you do it because you are alone? Columbine knew she was bombarding him with questions, but she wanted to know more about the kid.

((To answer your question MD, no it will not just be for translations. It will also be for the chattiness and questions others may have.))

Ri stopped walking. He glared at Columbine for asking him those questions. "...No." He said, only replying to the last question. He licked some blood away from his arm again. He wondered how long will the bleeding last, as it didn't seem to stop. "...Why are you alone?" He asked, trying to change the subject. He didn't want to have her find out his secrets. It was better if she didn't, anyway.