Lothuialel

Douhle Forest

Lucina

Lucina looked at the magic books. Out of the elements cited, there was one she didn't know much about. "Fade? I'm afraid I don't know much about that." she said, and picked up the book on the aforementioned elemented. This looked promising. The sorceress opened the book on "fade" and began reading it in hopes of learning something new. "I knew of conjuring metal sawblades to cut your foe in half, but this is fairly new to me." Lucina remarked. And this rune stuff... Maybe she could accomplish new things with them? She was only used to direct spellcasting, after all.

"I think, those books have spellcasting in them. Runes are just in the back." Alielel said looking through water. "Fade, it probably has spells for tricks and combat illusions. I do not know for sure though."

Lucina

"Looks like it." Lucina said, settling the book down. It looked like it was the same thing as the illusion book. She wasn't a huge fan of toying with others' minds in battle, a well-placed fireball could solve the problem easily and quickly as she needed. "How much do you know about magic?" Lucina asked Alielel, curious to see how much she knew.

Lucina

Lucina looked at Alielel. "Magic isn't all about causing or preventing death. There are many uses for it, be it for important or casual things." she explained, wiggling her finger wielding the white flare as if using it as an example. It was a magic flashlight right at her disposal. She did, however, say the part about "preventing death" with certain disdain. The sorceress grumbled again, and this time, it wasn't because of her back.

Alielel nodded. "I see your point. I can create illusions and mess someone else's head. I think that's a power." she said unsure.

Lucina

"You're right it is. Illusion magic." Lucina said, holding up the book on illusions. "You could use it for many things. Fool the opponent so you have the chance to strike or flee as you see fit, for example." she muttered. Illusions weren't one of her favorite kinds of magic, in battle she prefered just burning her enemy to a crisp. Or sawing them in half with a conjured sawblade. Or maybe summoning an earth elemental to rend them limb by limb. The possibilities were endless. She just had to watch herself due to her frail physique and bad health conditions, dying in a single blow was more than possible for her. "By the way, I strongly urge against trying any of that on me." Lucina said in a rather threatening and distrusting tone. Mostly the latter.

user posted image

Erelel crouched down. She could hear the steady thump thump thump of the mouse's heart. She flexed her claws. Her tail swished. Her eyes narrowed. Then.. she pounced. She flew through the air and landed on the mouse. Her claws tore the creature to shreads as her fangs slid out from her gums. She threw her head back and sunk her teeth into the flesh of the animal. She sucked away at it's blood until it was drained, cold and completely hydrated

Wonderful.

The blood... it was so delicious; but it wasn't enough. She licked her lips and stalked away.

She slipped into her cave. The smell of blood and fur hit her nostrils. The place was a wreck- normally she wouldn't be this messy, but she had no time to fix it all. The bedding wasn't changed, scraps of fur lay on the floor, the walls and floors were covered with paint. Among the paint lay the unmistakable color of blood. Coconut shells were littered everywhere, with mashed berries that were used to contribute to the paint. She sniffed the air. "No place like home.." She said. "..Although, it could have looked nicer- bah, what do I care for appearance?" She dipped one of her claws in the coconut shells and ever so slowly tipped it over. Along with it came out blue mashed up paint which spilled on a patch of floor beside her. She began to work on her new painting, hunching over it.

Edited by Kitkat10

Starting to feel bored again, Dragroot loosened the vines and withdrew the flower. She carried on moving, making her way away from the human and dragon.

((Morning Melo))

Alielel nodded. "I'd never use it against you. That I can promise." she grabbed the illusion book and began to read it. The book talked about different ways to use illusions and how to make the enemy see them.

Lucina

"You'd better not." Lucina remarked, sure she'd be able to defend against such illusions. She would continue searching the building, but it seemed like there wasn't much else to see. The bookshelves were dusty, the place was dark, and the interesting books were probably taken away by the townspeople. She sighed. All she could hope for was a bedroom to rest at. But she wasn't so sleepy now. The sorceress decided to take that book "The Hunt" out, open it, and...

...Get interrupted by a violent coughing fit. Exactly what she needed!

Lucina coughed and wheezed, dropping her book as she did. She almost fell down on the hard wood floor. To prevent that, she held onto one of the tables near her, which made a loud BAM as she slammed her hand onto it. It really hurt her, too. The sorceress felt her chest being compressed as she began to run out of breath. The white flare on her finger dissipated as she held onto the table the best she could, the dry and violent coughing looked like it was unlikely to stop any moment soon.

Alielel panicked. She looked through the books and found a healing spell. Quickly she murmured the words and did as the book instructed. A light blue beam shot from her claws and surrounded Lucina. Alielel prayed that it would work.

Ri watched as the vines suddenly loosened. "Hey! Show yourself!" He exclaimed. He wanted to know who was causing all these plants to crawl on his legs. "Ugh...I sure hope that they didn't entrap my legs just to feel them." He muttered. He sighed. Now that he had promised, or rather, made a deal with the other dragon to not eat her, he'll have to find another animal to eat. "...Whats your name?" He asked the female dragon.

"Columbine." she said gently. "What is yours?" The Soulpeace dragon was happy that he had decided to honor his promise and not eat her. This means she may have a chance at surviving. "You can find another animal to eat at a good hunting pocket like I said before." she smiled. He was it and the game of tag can begin when he told her his name.

Ri stared at her for a moment. He bowed in a ladylike manner. "Ri is my name, thank you." He said as he finished bowing. He smiled. "Nice to meet you!~" He said. He lost hostility over her. Ri looked at Columbine. "Are you sure you should be running with a knife though? Its dangerous for one to run with them. Kinda like scissors." He said not knowing he was a hypocrite. Edited by Jass

"Like you should talk!" she teased. Columbine laughed a little. She liked this human. She couldn't tell the gender though...it did seem feminine. "I have a cave not far from here, I can stash my knife there and run. Or I can do the nearly impossible....but I'm not sure if I can do it."

Moving underneath the forest, Dragroot thought to herself : Everything today hasn't been entertaining enough.. I want something to kill.. She was so bored that she decided to surface for once, and walk around on her feet.

((Hello everyone. I re-read the intro post a few times to familiarize myself with the layout, though I am unfamiliar with where exactly all the other characters are right now, and what they are doing besides conversing. I see this is a very fast-paced RP, I'll do my best to keep up. For now I'll set Ashur down in a random location and begin interacting once I'm familiarized enough not to de-rail anything you have going.))

=======================================================

We'll be fine. We've kept hidden for so long, we've disappeared, it's long past now. Ashur muttered under his breath, 'we' ofcourse referring to the company of himself. It'd been weeks since he last spoke with anyone or anything, and this was a coping mechanism, if nothing else for the Grey. Life had been rough, he'd been forced into hit and run tactics on small human towns to procure any food, or more importantly, water. Although most of the time he'd managed to escape uninjured, when the human settlements raise the alarm, he's often reluctant to face their military units.

We were careless last time. We need to end this, we need a reliable source of food. he kept mumbling, as if afraid someone was listening, but incapable to talk to himself in his own mind.

But we cannot hunt... he came to the same conclusion for the sixth time that day, much like every other day for the past weeks.

If only Lydia were still alive. She'd heal our sight, we'd once again judge distance and provide food for ourselves.

Eventually, he came to a small clearing in the dense woods, where the sun hit the ground, unhindered by any obstructions. It was a peaceful spot, though a tad exposed, but a great spot for an emergent take-off, were it necessary. Ashur entered the sunlight and basked in it's warmth. Drought or not, keeping to the shadows for too long leaves one cold and weak.

Edited by Ælex

((I'll give you the location of the others, welcome! smile.gif Everyone almost is in the forest right now, Alielel and Lucina are currently in a library in the town (I don't know which one.) Ri and Columbine are together. Erelel is alone, in her cave, painting. You can interact with her or any of the other charries if you want.))

((Welcome! Feel free to go and interact with Lucina if you'd like to. ^^))

Lucina

The spell did not work immediately as Lucina continued having her coughing fit. Each intense and violent cough were accompanied by what sounded like choking as the sorceress felt she was running short of air. She struggled to keep herself up, keeping her head down as she coughed and wheezed, the grey hair with faded purple streaks prevented most of her face from being seen. Maybe her time had come, and she was about to run out of air somehow and die. But then the coughing started to cease as Lucina felt the tightness in her chest soothen and was able to once again breathe normally. Her breathing was very heavy, she continued doubled over before slowly standing and leaning her back against the table she was holding onto. The woman looked at Alielel. "I can tell I won't be able to sleep well today." she scowled, her voice raspy and weak-sounding. Lucina figured she'd probably have even more coughing fits when she was going to try to sleep. That, and the turning. This surely was going to be a terrible night. "Thanks." she thanked Alielel before she could forget, still panting.

Erelel and Dragroot are alone. I think you should interact with one of them so that not everyone is completely alone. The town Lucina and Alielel are at is a deserted town two miles from the forest. It's sorta in a dessert.))

Alielel sighed. "You gave me a scare, Miss. I can try to make a herbal mint tea to sooth your throat. It may also help you sleep." she bugged the woman's hand gently and continued to read her illusion book. Not very many dragons could read.

((Yeah, I think that's actually a better option.))

Lucina

Lucina panted a little, looking at Alielel. "That's a temporary solution... I'd appreciate if you made one." she said as she snorted and coughed a little. Anything that could help her sleep tranquilly for once would be of great help to her, even if just for a day. And tea was good. A warm cup of tea would at least bring her spirit and mood up. The table was pushed back a little as Lucina managed to stand up by herself. She then realized she had dropped her book in that cough attack. "Oh, great." she frowned, picking it up and putting it down on the table. She blew the dust that came from the floor off the book's cover and pages. "Gotta take good care of those books, you know. All of them are valuable." Lucina said, sitting down on a chair and opening her story book on the page she had stopped at.

Alielel nodded. She walked over to a shady spot where some plants were growing somewhat. She grabbed the leaves and sniffed: mint. Yes she found it. She walked over to a broken bowl and used a water spell to fill it. She placed the mint leaf in it along with some other herbs she found around the old place. She blew small warm flames to get it to boil.

((Ashur is originally my first >ever< character in any RP >ever<, that being New Beginnings. While he has many variations of him depending on what RPs I enter him in, I always save his backstory from New Beginnings as his Bio. In New Beginnings, he could change shape to a human being. In addition, he used that ability to terrorize human settlements by setting off explosives and spreading diseases. The details as to why are complicated... Good times, though. Fun RP making up chase and fight scenes with the guards. Though I will refrain from anything like that for now.

Very well, Erelel it is, then.))

Beautiful. Ashur sighed blissfully while the cold damned sorrows of sneaking around endlessly were gradually washed away by the sun's rays, replaced with revitalizing heat and a sense of well being. He felt as if the very sky was his friend, nay... his guardian at that point. And for most Greys, it was. It would have been for him as well, had he not had the "privilege" of being raised by anything but his own species.

We cannot continue like this. he muttered, now disgusted by the concept of slinking into the shadows again. Heat, warmth, we need it like we need water. Water... It'd been a few days since his last drink of clean water, and it was starting to wear on him. Being thirsty was not an unfamiliar burden, but regardless of how many years he'd spend bearing it, he'd never get used to it.

We need to find a new... a new target. Yes. Unfolding his wings, he readied himself and with one mighty leap and a few fierce flaps, he ascended into the air.

What a dreadful sight... deserts, deserts... more deserts. It appeared like he'd been roaming the edge of the woodlands for a long time now, as the only thing that stood out from the desolate water-deprived wastelands in one direction and the dense woodlands in the opposite, was a human town, not a half-hour's walk away. However, even it looked as dead as it's surroundings. How dull...

He breathed a sigh of discontentment and settled back down in his little exposed patch of forestland. His eye had not told him much, but maybe, just maybe, his keen sense of smell might fare better. Sitting down and clearing his mind, he raised his nose into the air and focused only on that sense as best he could. Setting the scents of the local flora and fauna aside as background noise, he sat there silent and un-moving, waiting for the smallest hint of an unfamiliar scent. Five minutes passed, nothing... Ten... still nothing, just as he was about to give up, roughly at the twenty minute mark, he picked up on something... foul.

It barely came through but it was unmistakable, the smell of something sinister, alive, but not quite. It was a familiar scent, especially after all the spelunking he'd done as a hatchling, into a certain catacombs which nearly ended his life several times over.

Great, that's all we needed right now. he groaned with distaste, though his curiosity was peaked. Whatever it was, he felt confident in overwhelming it if need be, but most of all, he had his own reasons for hunting the half-dead. Giving his sickly front left claw a glance, he swallowed what little hesitation had awoken in him and set off through the woods, following the smell. Sure enough, not fifteen minutes later, he arrived at what looked like a dragon's home. Not the fancy castle he and his old family lived in, but rather a cave. So primitive and feral, though efficient. No construction needed and naturally concealed. Whatever that foul odor of half-death was, it was coming from there...

((Please forgive my lack of intell on what Erelel's home looks like, I am willing to edit if need be. Just let me know.))

Edited by Ælex

((No, no. ^^ It's fine.))

user posted image

Erelel's black eyes narrowed in thought as she made gently, swift strokes with her claws. "Now, for more detail." She murmured, reaching over and taking one of the empty coconuts. She dug her claws inside and brought out a large gunk of creamy milk. She smeared it on her blue painting, making the white glops to turn out as... clouds.. and the blue stuff was the sky.

She wiped off her paws with a scrap of fur. "Wonderful, wonderful, I think it needs more detail though..." She cocked her head to once side and stared at the painting. She would change it later... She sat on her hind-legs and rubbed away the rest of the blue and white smears from her claws. "What should I paint next?"