TJ09

2013-10-31 - Happy Halloween!

Wow! I love the coloring. I didn´t expect them to be white. I bet they're going to be beautiful. biggrin.gif

Mine will hatch in 2 hours....

And I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but they sort between Cavern Lurkers, and Harvest Dragons.

It's because all Halloween dragons sort as Halloween (year) with the exception of the Vampires:

So it's:

Dragon Name - Sorting Name

Pumpkin - Halloween 2009

Marrow - Halloween 2010

Shadow Walker - Halloween 2011

Lurker - Halloween 2012

*Name* - Halloween 2013

after looking at the colors again I realized they have a very candy corn themed color scheme going on. Maybe a pumpkin flavored candy theme of some sorts? The egg made me think Jack-o-lantern but the description and the face reminds me of slender man or no-face.

gahhh cant wait to see them grow up! If the adults look good then I may have a new favorite dragon. (Marrow dragons reign supreme on my scroll so this could be interesting.)

When I see the new hatchies (I keep going back to look at them, they're adorable!) I think of Candy Corn, Slenderman, fire, jack'O lantern, and cats. xd.png

Ah-ha! I'm right about the sinister candy corn so far. biggrin.gif

So, I know for a fact I'll be freezing a hatchling..... I can't stop going to the first page, they are SO CUTE!!!!

No offense, but freezing a CB Halloweenie??!! blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I would never do it! For me, that's like throwing a Ferrari away because you have too many.

Mine are just now starting to crack. Fingers crossed for babies soon. Anyone know what they're naming theirs yet?

No offense, but freezing a CB Halloweenie??!! blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I would never do it! For me, that's like throwing a Ferrari away because you have too many.

Same thought.

No offense, but freezing a CB Halloweenie??!! blink.gif  blink.gifblink.gif

Scroll goals are scroll goals, Some people just don't care about lineage building or such. Different people, different objectives.

I need one pair, one frozen S2, and one frozen S1 for this one because the hatchlings don't have a gender. My scroll, I can do whatever I want. lol.

Edited by ylangylang

Scroll goals are scroll goals, Some people just don't care about lineage building or such. Different people, different objectives.

I need one pair, one frozen S2, and one frozen S1 for this one because the hatchlings don't have a gender. My scroll, I can do whatever I want. lol.

Yep, agreed.

I personally would never freeze a Halloween because I can always get more next year (I did freeze 4 lineaged Halloween hatchies this year). For Valentine's Day and Christmas, I will freeze CB Hatchies... and I plan on freezing a S2 hatchie every year.

I don't see the problem with freezing considering there's also no limit, you can pick up an extra that's for up for trade or even gifting or even from the AP if one pops up no prob.

If the sheer amount of second gen, even 2G PB Halloweenies that were easily available in the AP were anything to go by, it's that, unlike some holiday dragons *cough*hollies*cough*, there's no shortage of CB individuals to breed in the following years. *shrugs*

Yep, agreed.

I personally would never freeze a Halloween because I can always get more next year (I did freeze 4 lineaged Halloween hatchies this year). For Valentine's Day and Christmas, I will freeze CB Hatchies... and I plan on freezing a S2 hatchie every year.

For me I don't collect more than what I need, unless it's for BSA purposes (and even then I do it very ruefully-my current trios other than the "original" ones are named Summon fodder + their number and breed) so for me I don't really /need/ more holidays than the initial pair and frozen hatchlings (same for all dragons-if adults don't have dimorphism then it's just the one though).

If I don't manage to catch a holly this year, which I would be trading for a neglected dragon with no gender, I would be breeding mine and freezing that one as a hatchling. Or perhaps put it up for trade. But there will be a frozen holly hatchling on my scroll someday or later.

My eggs should be hatching soon omg

The hatchies and eggs are so awesome I'm sure the adults will be fantastic!

All of the Halloween eggs that were in the AP just hours ago are suddenly gone o_O

Edit - I think they've been shoved behind the low time eggs, since the eggs I bred from one of my female Marrows yesterday are still all unowned xP

I just saw 2 in the AP, they were on the top row with over 5 days left.

I caught 1, and I think they aren't behind the other eggs at all.

I caught two 2013 Halloweens off the AP but they're really uncommon in appearing on the page at the moment. I guessing there will be a bigger appearance in about a day or so.

I don't see the problem with freezing considering there's also no limit, you can pick up an extra that's for up for trade or even gifting or even from the AP if one pops up no prob.

If the sheer amount of second gen, even 2G PB Halloweenies that were easily available in the AP were anything to go by, it's that, unlike some holiday dragons *cough*hollies*cough*, there's no shortage of CB individuals to breed in the following years. *shrugs*

I don't think it's that easy to get an extra CB Halloween egg like you say. I personally gift one of mine and one is up for trade, but I want to have CB Silver or Gold for it (I saw some trades and woah, I would never trade a CB Halloween for a 6th gen Shimmer/Tinsel?! You can get such a Shimmer/Tinsel for free if you ask the right people). You can get CB Halloweenies only at Halloween in comparison.

And it's not about shortage of getting bred eggs. It was my first Halloween and I was happy I could get 2nd gens, but still, I prefer to have my own CBs I can breed.

So freezing a CB Halloween which you cannot breed anymore is not an option for me especially when I know I can possibly get a messy one from the AP 1 year later, for freezing.

But well, different people, different....

I caught two 2013 Halloweens off the AP but they're really uncommon in appearing on the page at the moment. I guessing there will be a bigger appearance in about a day or so.

I have no idea why you would think this.

I don't think it's that easy to get an extra CB Halloween egg like you say. I personally gift one of mine and one is up for trade, but I want to have CB Silver or Gold for it (I saw some trades and woah, I would never trade a CB Halloween for a 6th gen Shimmer/Tinsel?! You can get such a Shimmer/Tinsel for free if you ask the right people). You can get CB Halloweenies only at Halloween in comparison.

And it's not about shortage of getting bred eggs. It was my first Halloween and I was happy I could get 2nd gens, but still, I prefer to have my own CBs I can breed.

So freezing a CB Halloween which you cannot breed anymore is not an option for me especially when I know I can possibly get a messy one from the AP 1 year later, for freezing.

But well, different people, different....

Personally, I don't like freezing things since you can't breed them. I really don't see the point of freezing caveborns, especially the Halloweens if you can just wait a year and freeze all the ones you want without taking up a CB.

The S1 hatchies have something on their back, kinda looks like a pumpkin or maybe a face?

For me I don't collect more than what I need, unless it's for BSA purposes (and even then I do it very ruefully-my current trios other than the "original" ones are named Summon fodder + their number and breed) so for me I don't really /need/ more holidays than the initial pair and frozen hatchlings (same for all dragons-if adults don't have dimorphism then it's just the one though).

If I don't manage to catch a holly this year, which I would be trading for a neglected dragon with no gender, I would be breeding mine and freezing that one as a hatchling. Or perhaps put it up for trade. But there will be a frozen holly hatchling on my scroll someday or later.

I have a Holly, but I plan on catching a Holly to freeze. I really do not want to freeze any of my own Holly's hatchies (even though the lineage is kinda crazy). So yessss, if I catch a messy lineaged/pretty lineaged Holly, it's up on for freezing. xd.png

For Holidays, I love having CBs to breed lineages. But because of the limit for Vdays and Xmas, I don't building even checkered lineages with them. But for Halloweens, yes I will. ^.^

I have a Holly, but I plan on catching a Holly to freeze. I really do not want to freeze any of my own Holly's hatchies (even though the lineage is kinda crazy). So yessss, if I catch a messy lineaged/pretty lineaged Holly, it's up on for freezing. xd.png

For Holidays, I love having CBs to breed lineages. But because of the limit for Vdays and Xmas, I don't building even checkered lineages with them. But for Halloweens, yes I will. ^.^

I feel that one shouldn't freeze those even though you personally can't keep any of the lineaged ones but I just remember that those who didn't catch a caveborn will rely on lineaged ones. Having two mature caveborns means I can provide two nicely lineaged ones for others. That's one more person I can help with than if I freeze one.

I feel that one shouldn't freeze those even though you personally can't keep any of the lineaged ones but I just remember that those who didn't catch a caveborn will rely on lineaged ones. Having two mature caveborns means I can provide two nicely lineaged ones for others. That's one more person I can help with than if I freeze one.

Well, they can rely on the eggs that my one lineaged CB adult can breed. There's so many to go around anyways that it doesn't really matter if I keep another CB to breed.

Just an FYI for anyone with eggs in hatcheries right now- I listed all of my eggs in the same places, and two of them are gaining views exponentially faster than the rest. Not sure if someone added them somewhere else, but they'd have had to be added separately as my scroll name is not displayed. May be a good idea to keep an eye on your eggs until they hatch.

The two on my scroll got to 2.5k+ views while the rest were all at about 1.2k. I froze them as soon as they hatched just to be safe.