RiverstarOfSkyclan

Out in the Streets~ RP

Scarlet watched as cats moved around her. She felt a bit queasy now. Cats left and new ones came to talk to her. Someone called Emerald came over to her calling herself the queen? Starlin's mate? A mate?

Her head swirled with all of these new things. Emerald offered to show her around and all Scarlet could manage was to nod. Why was she here? Did she even need showing around? She hadn't planned to... to stay. She looked around, looking at the homes the cats had made. Well, maybe this was exactly what she needed... A home without humans.

"Humans... They don't usually... come here? Right?" she asked Emerald with a small voice. She'd always hated that she never sounded quite like the adults. She wanted to be one so badly. Being a kitten, you got taken advantage of. She glanced over at the wrinkled old cat. She doubted anyone ever took advantage of him. She thought back to the leader, Starlin, right? No one took advantage of him, right?

Calder stored the piece of information away; the ribbon girl was Scarlet. Curiosity learned, he ate his fill and, satisfied, decided to wander away from the bear. His day was freed up until suppertime, and with an empty schedule like his, Calder ended up doing things on impulse. Comfortably full (although unsure of how his stomach would react to the bear, a food item not normally included in a domestic cat's diet), Calder retired to his box; that is, he wandered over and plopped down on his nest half-in and half-out of the box, resting his chin on his crossed front paws. Ah... with the bustle of noises that signified the busy alley, Calder rested his eyes.

Starlin shook his head. "Humans? Oh no, we're safe from them." He lifted his eyes to the shattered window of one of the buildings to his side. "Humans ditched these buildings years ago."

Scarlet looked over to see Starlin answering her. So, no humans. She smiled lightly, happy to hear it. Maybe she could stay here for awhile. They were all so nice... She looked down at the ground, waiting for Emerald to tell her to come with her. Scarlet didn't want to seem... rude or impatient.

Kacy

Kacy decided to go see what was up. She followed Auran and Kway.

Liza

Liza licked her side and curled her tail around herself. She looked at Kiki with her eyes. She chuckled. Kiki was so cute. She looked at Kiu. Finally, the little guy had gone to sleep. She nuzzled her kits gently when she heard something. Perking up, she sniffed the air. She looked down at the ground to see Kway. "Kway," She said, twitching her tail. "What are you doing here?"

Auran

Auran padded over to Scarlet and held his head high. "Hello there!" He said, twitching his tail. "I'm Auran. So I hear you're new here. Nice to meet ya! This is my son, Kwa--hey where is he?" He sniffed around. "Well, my mate Liza just had kits. Maybe Kway went to go see them. Would you like me to go ask Liza if she can bring the kits here?" He tilted his head.

Kway

Bored, Kway ran off when Auran padded over to Scarlet. He saw Liza and the kits. Sniffing the air, he jumped up on the box and sniffed Kiki and Kiu. "Hi Kiki! Hi Kiu." She playfully pawed Kiu's head. "When you can see and hear, wanna play?" He tilted his head.

Kiki

Kiki was startled by Kway as she could not see him or hear him very well.

Kiu

Kiu playfully pawed Kway back, but missed.

Also, how many RP days would pass before the kits could see and hear?

Scarlet jumped when another cat came close to her. A black and white cat? She blinked, a bit... scattered. So much was going on all at once. She stared down at the ground and mumbled, "H-Hello..." She didn't really know how to respond to his next question. Kits? Like... Like us? She'd seen a lot of them before she left for the new family. She shook her head slowly, trying to decline the offer. She'd see them eventually... just not now. She actually just wanted to... get settled? But what did that even mean? She was so lost she felt like crying. Her eyes teared up as she began to panic. What was she going to do?

Shade

"Ah, hello. Just the cat I didn't want to see." Shade said through gritted teeth, or, in Shade's case, fangs. "I was trying to have a private conversation with Starlin here, but I guess you CAN'T join in if you want to." Damn my old age, what relationship do I have with this cat? How does she know my name? This is suspicious... Better be on guard. Or, I could try a little test. Shade thought. And with that he swung his paw as fast as he could at the starnge female cat's face, and smiled at the reaction. He didn't actually hit her. He just did it to invoke a reaction. "Don't get your hair in a twist Starlin, it was only a test." Shade laughed.

Toby

Still asleep because Sally has not yet given him medicine. Really, could some one heal him, or are you just gonna let him never wake up?

(Emerald put please Moonstone's reaction to Shade's hit it your next post. Thanks.)

As Starlin took a step back but a scowl remained on his face as Shade said he didn't mean anything by it, Sally breezed into the alley and hurried to Toby. She carefully tried to wake him up and swallow the thyme to help with the shock. "It's alright." She purred softly. Starlin gave Shade a look, even though he knew he was probably sincere.

(Uh, my name is Tallflower. I don't go by Emerald, i go by my username.)

Emerald

"Yeah, we're safe from humans here," Emerald smiled. "Follow me and I'll show you around. Um, your name is... Scarlet? Is that it?" She gazed down at the somewhat small kitten.

Moonstone

When Shade swung his paw at Moonstone she ducked and pounced on him. She held her paw on his throat. "Don't act like you don't know me!" she snarled. "Remember when we were kits? We had this really dumb friendship. You said that we would be friends forever! But when the bear attacked us, the bear swatted me aside and I hit my head on a rock! I needed you, and you left me for dead!" She tightened her grip on Shade's neck. "I had to drag myself away from the bear and to a patch of clover. Finally, a black cat that knew a lot about herbs and junk, found me. She healed me and I have been tracking you ever since."

Scarlet looked up at the black cat speaking to her. We were safe? Her eyes softened a bit. Safe was what she wanted, needed. She told me she'd show me around and I nodded my head, wanting to let her know I wanted her to. She asked if Scarlet was my name and I nodded once again. I didn't really feel like talking... She looked down at me and it almost seemed like she loomed over me. It would have been scary but she seemed so kind... I couldn't help but think that she didn't know what she was doing was scaring me. I managed to put a slight smile on my face and look up at her.

Starlin took a startled step back as Moonstone jumped on Shade. He watched with eyes wide as Moonstone hissed things at the cat underneath her, obviously furious with him. The story seemed a little out of the ordinary, seeing there were no bears here, but he believed they were from a different area anyways, so anything could happen.

Sally lay next to the barely awake Toby, stroking his head with her tail and softly purring comforting things to him. I hope he isn't too shaken up, she thought silently. She had a little more thyme by her side in case he woke up really scared.

((Just saying, but Toby wouldn't have been asleep forever. From the start of the RP to now, it's been a bit more than... maybe a day? So the time from when Sally left to the time she returned wasn't hours, but more like fifteen minutes. Just saying.))

Emerald

Emerald smiled as she watched the small kitten nod as she asked her name. "Alrighty then, follow me." ((I'm just gonna asume that Scarlet is following Emerald all this time))

Emerald padded a few feet. "This is the Looking Ledge. Where the Queen sits and watches over the camp." She pointed with her tail to the window ledge with the broken panes. She half trotted, half walked over to a collection of trashcans. "This is where the pile of food goes. It's usually really low, since we hardly bother to stock up on food or eat our food that we collected. Don't bother looking in the cans, we already cleaned it out." Emerald then trotted to a somewhat beat up box with a pink blob resting on a dirty rag. "And this is Calder's box," she wispered, "we really, REALLY don't want to wake him." Emerald tiptoed away from the elderly, sleeping tom. She padded over to were Azet was sleeping with Abbi, Oscar, and the other kits. "This is Azet. She has 4 kits. This is Abbi," she used her tailtip to point to Abbi."this is Oscar, and these two haven't been named yet." Emerald then tiptoed away from the mother and her litter. She padded over to the family that was behind a trashcan. "Scarlet meet Kacy, Liza, Auran, Kway, Kiki, and Kiu. Wow, there sure is a lot of you!" Emerald chuckled.

Moonstone

Still waiting for Shade to reply.

Edited by Tallflower

Hey just wondering, how many RP days would pass before Kiki and Kiu could talk and see/hear? Thanks.

Liza

Liza curled up around her kits and she looked at Kway. "Come on." She said, lifting her tail in the air. "You're getting cold." She sniffed the air.

Auran

Auran was startled when he noticed Shade smack Moonstone. He hissed. "Hey!" He said, lifting his paw in the air. "You think it is funny to do that? It's not! And believe me, I--" Auran tried not to get into the fight. He was a medicine cat, not some fighter cat that hissed at other cats and warned them not to scratch other cats.

Kway

Kway jumped up and snuggled up with his mom and siblings.

Kiki

Kiki sniffed Kway and curled up beside him.

Kiu

Kiu curled up beside Kway as well and rested on Kiki's small little tail. He and his sister looked adorable!

Scarlet silently followed Emerald as she showed her around. It wasn't... much but it already felt like more of a home to her than anywhere previously. She needed this more than she could honestly believe. She looked up to Emerald as they stood by Liza and her litter. "Where would I stay? I mean... i-if I can..." she asked, worried she was being rude. She didn't want to upset the only people that she could possibly consider family... At least, she wanted to consider them family. She looked down at the kits. They looked so happy with their mom. Scarlet couldn't remember any memory like that... She looked away from them, jealous and not wanting to show it.

Scarlet nodded slowly. She didn't really have a choice, she was the beggar here and she at least understood that much. She sat, her tail slowly glide across the ground behind her, as she waited for something else to happen. Did Emerald have anywhere else to show her? Or was she free to roam as she pleased? She wasn't sure she'd know where to go if she were allowed to go as she pleased...

Sally lifted her head as she heard Scarlet and Emerald talking. "We can always go out and find another box for you to have. There's a bunch in other alleys." She intervened. She then blinked, curtly nodded to Emerald, and returned to Toby.

Emerald

"Ehem, Sally, I think you might want to keep your buisiness in your job, okay? There is a kit that's suffering. If I was a medic, I would pay more attention to my patients than other cat's conversations." Emerald snorted, Can't cats stay in their own business? She turned to Scarlet, "You can sleep with Starlin and I tonight."

As she spoke, the sun started to set.

((no offense River))

Edited by Tallflower

Scarlet watched as another cat intervened telling them there were other boxes in the street. She thought about it for a moment, despite Emerald telling she could sleep with her and Starlin. If she got her own box, she'd be alone tonight. She looked over at Emerald. She had to admit, the idea of sleeping with another cat's warmth was very comforting.

Maybe... Maybe she could find her own box later. Without a word, she walked over to Emerald and nuzzled her face against Emerald's side in a loving way. She was already beginning to like Emerald. Once she was done, she sat next to Emerald, her eyes faced forward, staring at nothing in particular. Her mind raced once again. It was nothing like the human's home here. Cats were nice, most anyway, and they all seemed to want to help her. She smiled slightly. She needed to find someway to repay them eventually...

Scarlet looked up and noticed the sun was already setting, she looked up to Emerald, expecting her to tell her what to do. Scarlet knew nothing of the world or what to do in it. If she wasn't told what to do, she always got in trouble so she just waited until someone said something to her. It was the best way to avoid getting in trouble.

"I am." Sally replied flatly. What does Starlin see in her? she grumbled in her head. Because all I've seen so far is a cat that makes the Boss cheat on his mate and snap at the Medic when she's obviously able to multitask. "Ever heard of trying to help?" She growled, just loud enough that she thought the new Queen could hear. Her whiskers twitched irately. She tried to keep her eyes fixed on either Toby or the thyme by her paws, but she was obviously scowling at Emerald out of the corner of her eye.

((Lol none taken! It might be interesting for the two of them to be on thin ice around each other.))

Shade

I really don't remember this cat. I feel like I should, but I can't. It feels like something is blocking my memory of her. That's not very unusual for me. Much of my memories are blocked now. Ever since I got this damn scar. Shade though. Then, in uncanny speed, he flung Moonstone's hand off his throat. Then, he scampered into the shadows. Five minutes later, he was on top of the nearest building, looking down at Starlin and Moonstone. "First of all, never threaten me again." Shade glared at Moonstone. "Second of all, I don't care who you are, when I say I am trying to have a private conversation, you scat." Shade glowered at Moonstone. This stupid female is using up precious time. I have to warn Starlin. Before the rebels attack.

Toby

Toby looked up at Sally, smiling, and nuzzling into her warm fur. Then, in a soft, sad tone, he said, "My parents were killed by a car." Then, his tone brightened," But it's ok, because now I have new parents! Toby caught Starlin's scent, and started to trot towards it.

Edited by Andy12

Calder's nap was wearing off a little; he was still sleeping, but not so deeply.

Sally smiled as the kitten scooted towards her. Her expression darkened for a moment as he explained how his parents died, but she smiled as he continued on happily. She was glad he wasn't in shock or confused.

Emerald

Emerald ignored Sally's sharp retort, she turned to Scarlet. "Wait right here, I'll be back in a minute." She ran over to the dirty brick wall of the alley she took a mighty leap and landed on the windowsill. She looked all around, there was Shade on the roof! Emerald shrugged it off. I'm sure he'll be all right. After all, he's Shade the Almighty. She chuckled. "All right everycat, let's start to get back to the alley!" she yowled. She sat a moment more before jumping off the Ledge and onto the ground. She padded back to Scarlet. "Do you mind if Toby sleeps with us too? He thinks that Starlin and I are his parents -poor soul."

Moonstone

Moonstone growled as the cat she once new very well, say not to threaten him and not to but in on a private conversation.

Edited by Tallflower