RiverstarOfSkyclan

Out in the Streets~ RP

Shade

"Well, ok then Sally, lead the way." Shade grinned, victorious. "Say mate, what are the jobs like around here? As you can see if you ain't a complete moron, I'm not just your average hunter. I have, ah, a few... Special hunting skills that I would be happy to pass on." Shade then started eating a bit of the bear cub as he walked. Not because he was hungry, he's to good of a hunter to ever be hungry. Nope, all he wanted to do was make an impression. "What I'm trying to communicate here is, I wanna be head scout." Again, Shade grinned. "Maybe they can be just as good as me, well, not as good." Shade smirked, flexing his claws, sharp as a knife, jagged from being sharpened day in and day out. "And besides sister, I may be absorbed by your face a bit, but not enough to not notice your stomach. Let me train the hunters, and you'll barely be able to walk with the fat belly you'll get! Do we meet an understanding, or do I have to continue with this stupid little campaign?" Shade then darted in front of Sarah and the others, forcing them to stop. Then, Shade looked each one of them in the eye, and few were able to stop themselves from dropping their gaze to their paws. Shade made a mental to straiten out the ones that held his gaze later. "I said, do we have a deal." Shade repeated. He bit another piece of flesh off the bear cubs neck.

Kacy

Kacy opened her eye and yawned.

Liza

Liza was surprised to see the bear cub. "What is that..." She said, taking a step back. Suddenly, her stomach felt quite...owch. "Owww...I need some rest..." She said, walking over to where Kacy was. She was hoping she would get to the box behind the trash can to rest.

Kway

Kway noticed his mother was feeling woozy. He poked his dad to let him know. "Mom's not feeling well," He said. "We should probably help her." He saw the bear cub and ran over to it, wanting to take a bite. "Hey, how did you catch that bear?" He asked.

Auran

Auran noticed his mate, Liza, was not feeling well too. "I'll help you Liza. Come on, Kway." He twitched his tail.

"Nice names," Calder nodded approvingly and continued eating his mouse. In the time it took for him to finish eating, he ignored the growing ruckus near the mouth of the alley for now, despite the strange strong smell that was tempting him to look over - the ex-house cat had never been exposed to bear in his life. The new cat seemed to be running up to each young cat in the alley - Calder was not deaf to the footsteps - this gave the newcomer the appearance of being slightly hyper, or at least energetic. Good, because energetic cats were what were needed to go get food!

((I'm assuming that Shade didn't go to pick on the veteran and the queen xd.png))

Sally raised an eyebrow at Shade. "It's a very tempting offer, but I'm sorry to say that I am not the one to be handling that." She replied. "Our leader, Starlin, went out a while ago. Should be back soon." She flicked her tail. "You're welcome to stay here until he gets back." She hoped the cat wouldn't get irritated from waiting. She looked around at the other cats in the alley, most of them mystified by the bear cub. "How exactly did you find that thing?" She asked curiously. "I've never seen a bear 'round here."

Shade

"Let me see... how did I get the cub... Hmm... Well, let's see. Maybe, you've never seen a bear around here before because I didn't get it here!" Shade sneered, a bit irritated by the curiosity of Sally. "I traveled deep into the woods, and saw the mama bear trotting along. Dumb little piece-of-censorkip.gif bare she was, she didn't even catch my scent. So I followed her. Again, she showed the dump piece-of-censorkip.gif side of her. She led my right to her cave and fell asleep, leaving her cubs unprotected. Now, you probably think I just killed the cub and went on my way, don't you? Well, that's not exactly how you do it." Shade paused, and glared at everyone to see if he still had their attention. Their eyes were fixated on him, so he continued, "No, that would not work. The mama bear would wake up as soon as she heard her cubs screams. So, I killed her first. She had about one billion scratches on her face before she could wake up, making her enraged! She then charged me, and it was oh, so, easy to side step and dig my claws into her back. She let out a deafening roar! But, I sank my teeth deep into her neck, and it was over in a matter of seconds. Obviously the mama bear is too heavy, so I killed the cubs and was bringing it back to my little hideout when I saw you guys. The sister over there" Shade said, flicking his tail at Rhea, "Accepted me into this ol' family when she saw my bounty. And here we are now! Now, Sally, dear sally, does that answer your DAMN question?!" Shade roared! Seeing the color drained out of Sally's face, Shade laughed. "Now, is this Starlin an alpha male? Because if so... I just caught his scent."

((Censor thing lol))

Kacy

Kacy stretched out when she noticed Liza, Auran and Kway coming. "Oh, hey guys," She said, flicking her tail around. "What's going on? You seem pretty nervous." She flicked her ear with the gold earring.

Liza

Liza panted and was feeling very worried.

Auran

"It's an emergency!" Auran said, trying to get Kacy out of the way. "We might need a little space. Er, Liza might need a little space. Lay in this box, Liza. I'll watch you to make sure you're OK unless you do need space."

Kway

Kway walked away since he knew his mom needed space.

Liza

"Yes...yes I need space....I'll be OK...but....can I go somewhere else?"

"Of course I had to. I needed to know if you were okay or not. Also we really need to get back. With the Boss and Queen away, it would be real easy to attack our camp. Oh, and when we get back, you really need to put some dock on your pads. Trust me, it will make them feel much better. No wait, you should probaly have a marigold and dock pultice on them." Emerald licked Starlin's cheek. "I'm really glad your okay. I don't know what I would do without you."

Edited by Tallflower

Sally grunted as Shade finished his little story with his rather loud question. "Yes, it does." She muttered. "And don't take offense when I ask you to please calm the hell down." She snapped. With a swish of her tail, she hurried over to Auran and Liza. "Okay, here to help." She said, a hint of irritation still twinging in her voice. "Please excuse my short temper." She lowered her voice. "That Shade ain't the most subtle thing here."

Starlin nodded and smiled. "Yep, well, I should probably get back to the alley. C'mon." He meowed warmly as he turned and they walked along the sidewalk back towards home. When they arrived, he caught a new scent and hurried over to them. "Well, who may this be?" He asked, surprised. Sally turned and pointed her tail at Shade.

"Him? He's Shade, and he wants to join and lead the scouts or something." She replied, her tone becoming a bit harsh at the end. She was never like this, but her irritation sure was bubbling over. "He says he's got what it takes to make us better." Starlin raised an eyebrow quizzically.

"Well, alright." He answered, turning to face Shade. "I'm Starlin, and I'm the boss. I'll let you lead the scouts for the time being, but I can assure you that if I get a single whisper of a complaint, you're gonna be just like the rest of 'em. Got it?" He meowed firmly. He wasn't used to cats just barging in on the group. He usually found them, weak and destitute, on the streets. None have been so bold as to ask to join themselves.

((pssssst Andy when they left Rhea didn't come. She left the group after Starlin sorta dumped her.))

"I'm Emerald, the Queen. It's my job to watch over the place. Remember, I've got my eye on you. So don't think about doing anything bad." I already don't trust Shade. He looks like the type that would kill their mother for a couple of mouse tails.Emerald turned to Starlin, "I am going over to chat with Azet." She licked his cheek and then padded over to Azet and crouched down beside her and her kits. "Hi Azet, how's it going?"

Edited by Tallflower

Kacy

Kacy got out and decided to talk a walk around when she noticed Liza, Auran and Kway zoom by. "What's going on?" She asked, twitching her tail.

Liza

Liza went behind the corner and hopped into another box. "Phew...Auran....I'm going to need some space....you just make sure I continue to have it....." Liza curled her tail around her self and breathed heavily. She was going to have 2 new kits! She looked at Kway and shifted her eyes to the left to signal he was going to need to give her some space.

Auran

Auran nodded. "I'll go tell everyone that you're going to need some space. Come, on, Kway." He picked up Kway by the scruff of his neck and dropped him down with Kacy. "Liza is having new kits, so she's going to need some space. I'm making sure nobody gets too close to her. We don't want to disturb her."

Kway

Kway was picked up by his father and carried off. He was dropped at Kacy's paws. He playfully nipped her paws.

Calder stopped, mouse nearly completely eaten, at the near abrupt silence that lasted a couple of moments. Ah, so the newcomer was telling a story! This should be good. He watched and listened, amused from the very first line he heard; apparently, this guy killed a mama bear! And described how he did it, too! Calder barely contained his laughter, thinking it was not nice to interrupt a storyteller, especially while the rest of the audience was enthralled. But then Calder frowned; when this cat finished telling his story in an appropriately dramatic tone, he then proceeded to swear at and scream at Sally! Calder was on the edge of his paws, hissing quietly through his teeth, skin prickling, ignoring the ache in his legs caused by the stretch. If no one else told the cat off, this old cat certainly would!

Sally was rightfully offended, but grumpily complied to go fetch Starlin, who then did his alpha business, being firm. Calder was sated by this, calming his body language, liking that they were treating him in that way, rather than being scared of the cat. Sure, he was strong, but no cat who treated others badly was worth being in a clan just for a few extra mice or couple less rats. Calder reckoned that this cat was getting a bit too cozy, impudent rather, and that he had just the sort of lesson for this prideful sort. His anger was still there, but he would use it to fuel useful actions rather than pointless raging.

With a wry smile on his face, "Excuse me, Azet dear," he said politely taking his leave, Calder approached the stranger with a congenial smile and easygoing gait, minus ginger stepping on his bad legs.

"Hi!" he started simply. "I am the resident Veteran cat here. I didn't catch your name?" Calder gave a pause to let the stranger interject. "It seems that you make a habit of yelling at females...?" Although his voice was light at the moment, his face had a frown now. This cat would know his disapproval... count on it...

Sally's whiskers twitched and she let out a small smirk as she turned to Liza again as Calder talked about Shade yelling at her. She looked over Liza carefully. "More kits coming, eh?" She meowed, trying to calm down again.

Starlin flicked his tail and nodded to Calder, and he couldn't help but widen his eyes as he finished his statement. "Yelling at females?" He asked, surprise not in his voice, but more so irritation. "I'll say that I won't have that here. Especially if you yell at Sally or a Mother." Sally shot him a grateful glance.

Shade

"I don't make a habit at yelling at females, only cats that ask to many questions. Besides, you have done her the greater disrespect, coming to her aid. Do you not think she can handle herself? Besides, I was only kidding. Really, I'm not THAT bad of a guy. Don't worry yourself over it too much." Shade countered. Then he noticed Calder's old age, and his expression softened. Then he noticed Calder's injury, and the strangest thing happened. He pawed at his scar. His eyes moistened, and there was sympathy written in red across his face. "Hey, old-timer." Shade spoke in a very soft voice. "How are they treating you? Getting breakfast, lunch and dinner?" At this point, Shade seemed to recover his composure a bit, and he grinned. "Because if your not, your in luck. This boy's not letting anyone go hungry!" And with that Shade ripped off a huge chunk of bear, and gave it to Calder. He then looked up at the other, and walked away, leaving the bear behind. But, before he was out of sight, he called out, "Help yourselves!"

Toby (new!)

Toby lumbered around aimlessly, for the headlights had practically blinded him. The last thing he heard was a crunch as too fragile objects were crushed under the tires. he think's it was his parents. "Mama!" The newly born kit cried out desperately. "Papa!" He was about to call out again, but he heard noise. Something like "Hep youselfs!" He ran toward the noise, and saw a cat with a scar down his face and big, golden eyes. They stared at one another. Then the bigger cat's eyes narrowed with recognition. But, before they could talk, Toby heard a human talking nearby, and bolted. He ran towards even more noise, and eventually came upon a band of cat's. He looked up at the alpha male, Toby's white, milky eyes pouring into his. "Papa?" He whispered. Then, he looked up at a an female elegant cat, glued closely to the alpha male. "Mama?" He stuttered unsurely. Then, he swallowed and licked them both on the face. Then the wooziness came in, and he blacked out before Starlin and Emeralds paws.

(For more information on Toby, visit the improved applications for this RP. Thankyou! biggrin.gif )

Edited by Andy12

Emerald gazed down at this adorable little kit. When he licked her face she didn't lean back. She didn't bother to tell this little kit that Starlin and her weren't his parents. But then, the little kit blacked out. "Starlin! What are we going to do? This poor little kit's exausted. Sally! Do you know where we can get some thyme? When this kitten wakes up, he will surely be in shock and thyme is the best remedy."

((sorry, i know im asking people so many questions at once. but bare with me))

Sally's ears pricked as she spotted the tiny kit. She glanced quickly at Liza. "This'll only take a minute." She said softly, reassuringly. It seemed like Shade was talking with Calder at the moment, so she continued to run towards the park. Thyme..... she thought she knew a good spot to find it.

Starlin flicked an ear and nodded. "Okay then. Just warning you." He meowed, relaxation returning to his voice. He turned to watch Sally run away around a corner, and he heard Shade then talking kindly to Calder. Maybe he ain't so bad, he thought with a smirk.

After a few minutes of rapid blinking and shaking her head. Abbie's vision finally became clear. She was so tiny compared to all of the cats around her. She followed a new scent a few feet and spotted something dead with chunks of it missing, an old cat, and a younger, stronger-looking one. She sniffed the smell of the dead thing, turned to her mother, and skittered back.

((Sorry for the short post, i felt lazy.))

Emerald licked the tiny cat's face.

Edited by Tallflower

Calder was slightly pleased that the stranger did not blow his top... but he still had his lesson to prove. Also, this cat was too much; how was it disrespectful to stand up for one's fellow cats? Calder could not imagine doing such a disservice by not doing so! Just as he was about to do so, the strangest thing happened; the tough stranger, whose eyes had gone soft, pawed at Calder's brow... right over his scar. He blinked and flinched back, but only from the close proximity of the paw. Calder was not emotionally attached to the scar on his face. The wrinkly pink cat was not prepared for the gentle sympathies from the newcomer, but then smiled wryly as the cat proclaimed to never let anycat go hungry. "I'm doing quite well; mooching happens to be a very profitable lifestyle, I've discovered." He didn't know quite what to do with the big chunk of bear now flung at his paws; he could eat some of it, and the rest... hm. He had so much food, he didn't know what to do with it! "...Thanks," If anything Calder was, it was not ungrateful. That cat wasn't all bad...

...And although Calder still had a lesson he'd like to teach the cat, it could wait for another day. After all, however the stranger had gotten a hold of the bear cub, it still meant food. He was certainly allowed to make up wild stories. For certain, though, if he did not stop treating ladies unkindly, Calder would have to not forgive him.

Judgement reserved.

Scarlet walked down the street, not really looking at anything. What was there to look at? Nothing mattered anymore... She let out a sigh and kept walking. The cars passed by one by one, not really a care in the world for her. One would think that the ribbon would set someone off, but it didn't. Scarlet couldn't really care less. She didn't want another human home. She wrinkled her nose at the thought of humans. Nasty, brutish creatures.

She walked for what seemed like hours before stopping in an alleyway. She looked up to see a sign for a restaurant. She blinked. Humans, again. She closed her eyes and walked over to the dumpster to sniff around. She needed to find something to eat either way. She heard something coming from farther down the alley, but decided against investigating for now.

She scrounged around the garbage for a while before she finally gave up. It'd be picked clean. She turned her head when she heard some yelling coming from farther down the alley. Curious, she walked down, her paws making light pit pat sounds against the wet ground. As she approached, she eyed the cats that all seemed to live here. Well, at least it's not humans. She felt her stomach rumble a bit, and cringed in pain. It hurt... more than she'd expected. She walked up to a... hairless cat and mumbled, "Excuse me? C-Can I get... h-help." She felt so small compared to everyone here. She'd been the runt of her litter. The old man had been surprised when the couple had wanted her. She was just glad to be rid of them and that stupid dog... She wasn't sure how the cat would respond, she just figured it wouldn't hurt to try. She was hungry, after all and he seemed... nice enough.

Kacy

Kacy picked up the tiny kitten in her jaws and set him down somewhere else. She licked his head.

Auran

Auran lay next to Kacy, his ears pricked up and he was looking alert.

Liza

Liza let out a yowl when she was silent. She curled up around her 2 new kits, Kiki and Kiu. She nuzzled them. "Auran," She said softly. "Kway..."

Auran

Auran walked behind the corner to go see Liza. He gasped when he saw his new kits. He nuzzled Liza.

Kway

Kway sniffed Kiki and Kiu curiously.

Kiki

Kiki curled her tail around herself and yawned.

Kiu

Kiu playfully nipped Kiki's tail.

Starlin's ears pricked as he heard a small voice. He turned to the mouth of the alley. "Why hello there, I'm Starlin." He greeted with a small smile. "Leader of all these cats. How can I help you?" He was curious as to how the cat got that ribbon she was wearing, but that could be explained later. Right now, he wanted to find out what he could do to help this cat out. "Who may you be?"

The old cat's ears twitched at the pittering of paws and he looked to see the arrival of a new cat. This one was small, not even yet an adult, and he watched her curiously to see what she would do. The gray cat decided to approach him and meekly asked for... help. Ah; his eyes widened briefly, and then he pushed the big hunk of bear meat a bit closer to the stranger girl. "You can eat some of this... I had been wondering who I'd share it with, there's so much." 'Help', if a cat was not obviously injured, generally meant hunger. Anyhow, he needed someone to help him; Calder did not want this generous piece of food to go to waste!

Then Starlin came by to do his thing and greet the stranger cat. He silently kept his ears open; he was not averse to learning her name as well.

Edited by Emeelia

Scarlet nodded her head in thanks as the old man slide her a hunk of meat. She wasn't really sure what it was, but it smelled amazing. She pawed at it a bit before deciding to take a little nibble of it. Her eyes widen at the taste. It was... amazing! She let her teeth sink into the meat and began to pull away a hunk of it. She looked up to see yet another cat walk over to her. He looked old, not as old as the other one, but old enough to have seen a few years. Parts of his fur hadn't grown back, patches of pink. She was a bit curious as to why he had missing patches of hair but she decided not to question it.

She swallowed the last of the meat in her mouth and looked up at the new male. "I... I was just hungry." she explained, trying to keep it simple. She didn't really like to talk, it had always gotten her in trouble before. She looked over at the meat again and decided to take another bite. "S-Shworreh..." she mumbled, her mouth full. She knew it must have been rude, after all she knew how other cats could be. Her mother at least taught her that, but she was so hungry! She swallowed once again and decided she'd better reply to his question. "Scarlet..." she told him and then once again went back to the meat. A few more bites and she'd be full but she didn't think she'd see meat like this again for awhile.

Edited by legendoflink17

Shade

Why did Toby have to come here? Why now? Shade thought. I didn't think he would come so soon. Shade was frustrated. He knew the Hecate clan was so close to raiding, but with Toby here, set up to be their next king, Shade knew they would raid even sooner, just get their king back. That's it. I have to tell Starlin. Shade decided. Shade soon caught Starlin's scent, and padded after him to speak with him in private.

Toby

Still sound asleep.

(I know that post was a bit confusing, as you guys do no know what Shade knows, but all will become clear when Shade speaks with Starlin.)

Edited by Andy12

Kacy

Kacy followed Auran and Kway to go see the new kits. She gasped when she saw them. "Aaaw, so cute!" She said, looking mostly at Kiki. "I just loooove them! What are their names?" She asked, tilting her head as she looked at Liza.

Liza

Liza looked up at Kacy and smiled. "This one is Kiki." She said, pointing her nose to the sleeping kitten. "And this one is Kiu. Though he still cannot see or hear, he's rather feisty." She licked his head and curled her tail around her new kits. "None of them have even 1 blind eye, which is good. Auran, Kway, why don't you go see that new cat I've heard of? I'm sure they'd like a friendly greeting." She licked Kiki's head and yawned.

Auran

"Yes, Liza." He said, trotting off to go say "hi" to Scarlet. "Kway. C'mon. The kits are still young. They can't even see!" He picked up Kway by the scruff of his neck and walked away.

Kway

Kway playfully pawed his sister, Kiki, then jumped back down onto the ground. He was picked up by Auran and was carried off. As he was in his dad's jaws, he playfully pawed the air, trying to get out.

Kiki

Kiki sniffed her mother's muzzle and licked it. She yawned and decided to take a nap. All she could really do was eat and sleep.

Kiu

Kiu nipped Kiki's tail again, but her yawning made him tired too.

Emerald

Emerald gazed at the mysterious cat with a ribbon around her neck. Wonder how that got there. She looks really nervous. After Starlin greeted her, Emerald padded over to where Scarlet was. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught the sight of Shade and Starlin. Where are they going? She shrugged and when over to greet the new commer and show her around the place.

"Hello, I'm Emerald. I'm the Queen, that means I'm Starlin's mate. I'll be showing you around the place."

Moonstone

"Shade!" Moonstone snapped. "I've been looking for you!"

Edited by Tallflower