MidoriRai

Favourite subject

What's your favourite subject?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When I was in school, I loved languages and science subjects, mostly chemistry and biology. I kinda sucked at maths and sucked even more at physics.

Science, definitely.

It's always come so naturally to me, I just, get it I guess

I voted "other" because my favorite subjects are in the social sciences. It's been a while, but I have a B.S. in Sociology and am just one class short of having another one in Anthropology. The anthropology classes I actually just took because I thought they would be fun and I was right; they were fun. smile.gif

History is without a doubt, my favorite of everything.

Geography comes as a second but holds no candle to History.

Do these two on my own time a lot, simply because I like them.

Edited by Sean175

Science is not only my favorite subject, it is my way of life and it is where I base my decisions from.

To be more specific, I like Biology the most out of all the branches of science.

During grade school and high school: biology, chemistry and art

Here in college: human genetics wub.gif

Art and English! I've never heard of Religious Education though, maybe it's just my country.

Math gives me a weird satisfaction when I get everything right. (and the people around me don't)

This so much. lmao it's my favorite feeling when the teacher assigns a difficult problem for extra credit and I'm the first to get it right... or the only one, even. >:]

Diving deeper into my still beloved chemistry, I've finally realized how much I adore math and physics also. <3 I mean, chem is basically just applied physics, and that's basically just applied math, if you oversimplify things... I can't in good conscience love science without loving math xd.png

I'm kinda terrible at all three tbh but you can pry them from my cold dead hands anyway. lol In my view I'm bad, anyway... objectively, I'm top of the class in all of them, but still not nearly content with my abilities, and quite insecure about it. I really wish I was better at math since I view it as the ultimate tool for understanding everything there is... but some concepts I just can't get through, and it drives me bonkers. wacko.gif Stupid illogical brain!!!

Hate History and Literature though. I DO NOT GET IT. Can be fun, and I like that sometimes it forces me to use analytical thinking in different ways than natural sciences do (like writing a book report, or learning about how society worked in the past and why), but I can't for the life of me retain information like names and dates for longer than five minutes after I've taken the test D:< Same for Geography ew ick

Sorry for the rant ooooops I am on caffeine and it's making me all talkative again

Edited by Orlageddon

Science

To be more specific biology.

To be even more specific zoology.

But I have to wait to get into my 4 year college before I can take any.

My community college doesn't have any courses on zoology besides an entomology course.

Back in high school I liked Biology, Psychology, Chemistry. I don't really have a favorite subject in college (AI is the most interesting though, it's sad I don't really have enough smarts to pursue it).

Physics. It's one of those things that are initially hard to wrap your head around, but when you do, you feel like a god who can do anything on a frictionless, infinite plane. xd.png

That, followed by English Literature, Math, and Tech. The last one is fun mostly because everyone asks me how to do the thing. xd.png

It is I, andromedae, your resident forum topic reviver. I love many different subjects as I possess a wide variety of interests. I have a love of psychology, particularly interested in the social aspects, as well as personality disorders. I like economics, though I haven't gone in very deep into this matter, I did take a brief class covering economical issues affecting my country in High School. I also like Geography, the study of different languages, films, sociology, law, philosophy, and some aspects of history. I could likely go on. As for mathematical subjects, I find them rather tedious, but nonetheless it feels wonderful to understand them as well.

My favorites are, in order: Religious Studies, Language, History and Political History, and Biology.

Art.

I am a traditional American Indian (Eastern Woodland) artist using multiple mediums including natural (sticks, wood fibers stripped from inner bark, tree roots, feathers, brain tanned leather, deer/elk sinew etc) to cloth such as velvet/velveteen, glass beads etc. I love to do floral bead work on velvet or heavy wool.

I also quilt and do stain glass work.

Science. Everything about it is both super easy and interesting for me. I also have a love-hate relationship with math.

As long as it is not history or language, I like it, honestly.

Maths. I've been really good at that subject since primary school. After that, I fell in love because of the endless uses they can have, at a point that I'm starting a degree in Maths next week. It might sound weird because I love writing stories, but I don't see anything wrong in this situation. I also like History, but I've found the classes really boring (especially last year: the teacher spent half of the time criticizing today's politics from a ideological point of view I don't agree with and was one of those who will fail you if he doesn't like you for any reason)

Geography. You learn about how the entire world works. The Earth, bits of the solar system, ecosystems, humans and their billions of networks, ideas and solutions to things (good and bad), it's all a wonder to me. Well, the part about doing well in the subject's a bit iffy.

Math too, because getting the correct answers is immensely satisfying to me..

I love math but I also love languages. I voted for math though because I'm enjoying the math class I have at the moment so much.

I also thought it would have less votes haha

My favourite subject as listed is Literature. I know that I was inspired to be a poet and writer.

Man, it's hard to pick one. I really like biology, medical science, and drama, which are pretty different subjects. I voted for medicine, though in hindsight I probably should've voted drama since it wasn't getting much love tongue.gif Following those two, I also like literature and psychology.

I love Art! I love drawing and doodling and one of my life's goals is to be a professional artist (the other is to be a published author)! It's something I do whenever I'm bored or inspired, and is part of how I think - my literal working-things-out-visually thought process. I also love how there is NO one "right" answer and it makes me feel better and more free and able to express myself without having the pressure of ALWAYS having to get the ONE "right" answer to "win" in a way.

Same with Psychology. I love how it's aware - in general - that humans are very complex, and their minds and personalities even more so, therefore there is no real "right answer" but just a bunch of educated guesses and working theories that might - in conjunction with each other - be able to describe part of what might really be going on in there. :3 Same with sociology and the culture studies for the most part. biggrin.gif And biological behaviorism! <3 So I guess those three would be under social studies for the first two and science for the last one. xd.png