padfoot

Instincts reboot

Silver nodded and looked at Cat for a moment before saying, "You seem to be doing well. Have you seen any of the others?"

"What if they are trying to build your trust so you don't run away again?" Angelina asked though her cause were pretty much lost. The white-coats didn't give a censorkip.gif if their experiments liked them at all. Angelina followed Roka to the human box that she remembered suddenly was called a 'house'. It was nostalgia, a warm bed, delicious food, warm smiles... But the memories suddenly felt fake.

Roka morphed into her fox form. "Mm...I'm not that worried," she admitted. "They're nice enough, and I don't recognize their scent." She walked to the door and slipped through a cat-flap, landing on a soft rug.

"No. I've been avoiding them." Cat replied bluntly, adjusting her hospital gown. "I've been too busy." Everyone probably had real clothes, but she was too scared to try and buy any. Begging was out of the question, and if she stole... then it probably wouldn't fit because she'd be in such a rush...

Zaz found a decent place to sleep. Behind some bushes at a small laundry mat. The vents from the dryers located here. The area was covered in a whitish blue fuzz and the air smelled of laundry detergent. He didn't mind though, hot air from the machines made the ground at least twenty degrees warmer which meant he would not freeze in the night. He lay on the lent covered ground and wrapped his coat around himself. He was so tired that sleep took him whiten minutes.

Griffon found and took shelter in his usual place. He usually stayed in an abandoned church i the slums of the city. There were only the pigeons and rats to accompany him, so it wasn't that bad

He stayed in the bell tower because the heights made him feel at home. Up there was a pile of assorted warm things he had horded from various places to create a nest his size. It was good for sleeping in. Griffon curled up in his nest of dirty cloth and nestled like a small child. His meal lf apples and a few sips of water had been a good one. Tomorrow, he planned on hunting some of the rats in the church.

Angelina morphed into a small dove, following the fox in. Then suddenly, as Roka went into the weird portal, the portal's covering came back and slapped her full on the face, sending her flying back.

(Oh, Angel -sigh-)

"Don't like clerks or stealing." Cat replied, looking at her feet. "Plus, I look like escaped mental patient." she usually cut out what she felt were unneeded words. It made her sound much younger than she actually was, but she preferred to work rather than talk. "They would think I'm crazy."

Roka heard a smack and turned around. Angel was nowhere to be found. "Huh," she said. "I guess she didn't want to come after all. I could have sworn she was right behind me a few minutes ago..." Sticking her head out of the flap, she saw a dazed Angel on the ground. "Oh there you are. What are you doing there? The ground's not very comfortable, y'know."

Angelina blinked, daze then cooed. "Wait... Isn't it weird for a fox and a dove to be friends? Maybe you should carry me inside and pretend to like... Kill me or something." Angelina rolled back to her feet, then backed away, "I-I mean- don't do that!" What if Roka 'accidently' swallowed her?

Roka shifted into her human form. She didn't scent her "owners", so they were safe. "Look, do you really think I'd do that?" She asked, exasperated. "That would be weird, and they'd probably either bury your 'dead body', or throw it into the fireplace. I personally have seen quite a few instances where a cat and dog were friends, or a panther and a monkey. I would never hurt you, Annie, and you know that."

Says the snake to the frog. Angelina thought it was fascinating, a cat and a dog? She spread her wings and flew onto Roka's head, then squeezed into the warm human shelter. She set herself carefully on the middle of Roka's back, "A panther and monkey? When?" She asked curiously.

"I can't exactly remember when, but I do remember that one of the scientists was watching a video of a chimpanzee cuddling a panther." Roka kicked the cat flap shut and wandered to the dining room, jumping onto a chair and then the table. "Fruit?" She offered, rolling a few cherries over.

Silver chuckled. "No, I mean, why have you been avoiding the others?" He elaborated.

Cat tried to ponder it. Why had she avoided the others? "Loner." was her response. She predisposed towards doing things by herself, and tended to stray away from packs. At least, that was what the scientists said was her behavior. She wanted to disobey their opinions, but at the same time, she wanted to just… be herself. It was weird. "I also don't know where they would go."

"I guess I should feel honored that you chose to grace me with your presence then?" Silver drawled with a hint of sarcasm. that he couldn't get rid off from his voice. "If I were to make a guess, we should all be in this city... Town... Whatever this dump is..." he wrinkled his nose at a heap of garbage not too far from them. "Humans are disgusting..." He muttered, sneering at the cold, concrete ground beneath his bare feet.

Shrinking back into a cat, Cat was shamed by his remark. She was just expecting everyone to judge her and belittle her anyway. She didn't want to be right about that. What would the others think? Probably just like Silver, they would criticize her and wonder why she hadn't tried to find them. Cat slunk around the corner, just a little ahead of Silver.

Silver raised an eyebrow and followed, unmoved by the sadness coming from Cat. He felt a twinge of guilt and squashed it mercilessly. This was why he was weak. If he were stronger... If only... He suddenly heard a gasp and turned his head. A human was there and he had seen Cat transform. The human began to run, but Silver snarled, changing form and racing towards the human, trampling him to death with his hooves. He stared down at the dead human blankly and was inwardly smug. He had become stronger.

"Oh really? That's cute!" Angelina cooed, flying onto the table and tilting her head. She begun to preen her feathers when a few bright red cherries rolled over and bumped to a stop at her feet, she took a peck at one when about two over cherries rolled off the table smashing at the ground below. "Ohh..." Angelina winced peering over the edge of the table, examining the damage. The floor was marble, not carpet thank goodness, so it wouldn't be to hard to clean the cherries.

Roka jumped down. "Don't worry, I got it!" She quickly grabbed a dishcloth and wiped up the mess, depositing it into the trash can. The front door clattered.

"Oh, they're back!" Roka bounded over. "Quick, stand on my head and act cute!"