padfoot

Instincts reboot

Azets

The dragon looked around. She was in a dense forest. She turned into a human it was chillier that way but she wouldn't be as noticeable. She gathered sticks and rocks so she could make a fire. She put the rocks in a circle formation and but twigs inside. She made a small spark to lite it. Now she could sit and stay warm.

Roka laughed. "Hey there, Annie!" She cried happily, patting Angelina's head. "How've you been? Have you seen the others?"

Oh god, how Silver hated his animal form. He could have just been an ordinary horse, but NO, he just had to be a ****ing unicorn! If he were a normal horse, he could blend in better with the other horses and live on grass or something. But if a human saw him as a unicorn, they'd freak out. Bah! Stupid humans in white coats...

Nonetheless, he was, currently, grazing in an empty park. The one reason he'd love this form was that food was easy to find... Sort of.

"I've been fine." Angelina lied with a smile, "As for everyone else I think I just saw Griffon but he makes me nervous..." Angelina mumbled, she was a bit jittery around Griffon, Catherine and Zaz. (Did I miss anyone? I guess Roka counts but maybe shes an exception? )

"Oh, ol' Griffy was here?" She looked around. "C'mon, let's go find him!" She grabbed Angel's hand and followed the scent of bird, winding through the alleyways. "There!" She yelled. Griffon was right in front of them. She rushed foward and tackled him, knocking him over. "Found you~!" She crowed.

Griffon was startled by the two girls to where he neraly jumled out of his skin. His hood had fallen to reveal now ruffled feathers for hair. He hissed softly and clutched the water bottle close to his chest. Clean water was a miracle, and there was absolutely no way he was sharing. "Get away from me and find your own food." The teen growled. He slowly stood back up, glaring daggers at the two who had frightened him.

((Techno, saying your character knocked my over is God-Modding, in a sense. Next time, try rephrasing it so he has an opportunity to react to their noise and stuff like that. ))

((Oh. Sorry.))

"Oh come on!" Roka whined. "We're your friends! We're not trying to take your food. You do remember us, right?"

"Griffon are you okay?" Angelina asked rushing over to the boy, (did I mentin her curls bounced?) and swallowing that OMG run! Hes going to eat me hes going to eat me! feeling that predators tended to give her, rather it was unintentional or not. It usually got better over time, but Angelina couldn't really say she and Griffon were buds.

Edited by mipuppy1

The young man huffed and pulled his hood back up. "Sadly, I do. Now leave me alone. A crowd of us will attract attention and...them." He answered. His amber gaze slid to the delicate-looking girl at Roka's side. "Hmph. I'm fine. Better than you have been faring." Any predator could see she hadn't eaten in a while. She was probably too picky of an eater to accept the food they could find. Griffon jerked a thumb in the direction of the dumpster. "Food's over there. A lot of it's intact and untouched."

Angelina backed away, blinking at the trash pile. "Oh! Umm... Thank you... I-I mean thank you!" Angelina stuttered nervously, bumping into Roka as she backed away, trying to put as much space between her and Griffon as possible without it looking too rude. "Oh! Roka!" Angelina exclaimed, startled. "Sorry!" She mumbled, her stomach gave a loud growl. Humans probably couldn't have heard it but we are talking super-humans.

Meanwhile on the opposite side of the city, Zaz wrapped his high collar coat tighter around himself. He had been luck to walk out of a thrift store with it without anyone noticing. The temperature had been dropping farther and farther every night and it was getting more and more difficult to find a safe place to sleep. Soon he would either need to figure out how to start a fire in the city or die of the cold. It didn't matter to him anyway. Anything was better than that damn basement lab he broke out of. He heard his tormentor talking about other scientists working on similar projects like him. In the back of his mind he wondered if he would ever find them but more important things were first. Things like what he was going to eat for the night.

The distraction was enough for Griffon to slip away with his bottle of water. He preferred to stay alone until somebody else came along to screw him over. He had scored today, with the bottle of water that was neither frozen nor stagnant. This was the main reason Griffon wanted to get away from the others.

In the childhood filled with images of dog crates and painful tests and scientists indifferent to the suffering they caused, it was dog-eat-dog. He used to (and still did) horde anything that could be used as insulation. The men and woman in sterile white outfits would crowd around his crate, and offer a small scrap of cloth or something similar. Then they would just watch Griffon as he tore apart whatever they gave him and added it to the growing 'nest' his crate became. He would even use strands of his own feathers that had fallen out in his metitculous preening sessions. It took the boy a while to understand that they only gave him stuff to demonstrate how hardwired the need to build a nest was for him, and then how visciously he protected it even as a child.

Griffon thought of this as he trekked across the city. He slipped under a gap in a fence so he was in someone's backyard, snatched a few tiny, misshapen apples from the gnarled tree, and left the way he entered. The feathered boy froze at the sight across the street. A boy his size with a coat held tightly together with his hands. Not just that, but Griffon recognized him as yet another escapee. His thoughts drifted to the water bottle resting in the pocket of his hoodie and the apples that were in his hands. Griffon felt his feathers raise as he gazed across the street at the young man. If it was one of the hostiles, there would be a problem

Roka frowned. "Geez, I wonder what's happened to him?" Shrugging, she just patted Angelina on the shoulder and said, "Come on, Angie. Let's leave him alone and see if we can find...Silvie, maybe? Or Zazzy? Or maybe Lily or Cat?" She ran a hand through her cream-colored hair. It was cold. They'd have to find shelter soon...

((Unicorns fly, right? Silver can fly, right?

BTW, Silver acts as if he's never been human before, so he refers to other people as 'humans'))

Silver's head came up and his ears perked at the sound of someone approaching. He was just glad it was dark, but the humans had already caught sight of him. He flattened his ears against his head and reared up neighing as if startled and charging at the man. The man that had approached the 'boundary' of his grazing territory was too occupied with being startled by the violent horse and fleeing that he didn't notice Silver's horn. Silver was just glad that it was rather dark and he didn't glow. When the man had turned tail, Silver galloped into the air and flew across the park at breakneck speed before landing behind some bushes in the adjacent group of trees that wasn't really a forest but was close to being one. He then changed back into his original human form and decided to head into the city. He might have more luck there. Although it was easier to get food (grass) in empty park - he'd been living there for a while now - , there wasn't anywhere to hide. He put on a hoodie he had taken from a boy who had been playing in the park the previous day and hung his hoodie on a tree. Then he walked out of the park and towards the alleyway between two buildings.

If one were to look at Silver, they would have never guessed that he had been living 'on the streets' for a while now. He was a little scruffy and dirty, but looked well fed and healthy. Usually, he only grazed at night, but last night he had ran into some trouble and was unable to come and graze and drink from the duck pond. It didn't matter though, as missing a meal or two wouldn't affect him. He kept some grass in his pocket though and reminded himself to look for a clean puddle to drink from. He didn't think he could return to the park today as there would probably be people there to round up the wild horse that had gotten in.

Cat padded along the rooftops, following Silver as he walked. The black tortiseshell waited for the perfect opportunity to draw attention to herself, since she wasn't interested in simply running ahead of him and morphing. She still wore the hospital gown from their escape, despite the fact it had been ages ago. She preferred to be in this form, because it was easier to escape people and fight. No one questioned a cat digging in the garbage, it was just a common thing. She didn't want to bother with gathering money either. Mostly, she wanted to be together with the others again. She would never say that though, simply because it would make her look weak.

They sat her alone, separated from the others in a desperate bid to see how long before she became 'tame' enough to act like a real cat. The end result was inconclusive. She didn't react to the cameras, nor to the staff's hands. She withdrew so far that when the experiment was over, they had to check to make sure she could still talk. Moving a bit quicker, she landed in front of Silver, mewling and generally trying grab his attention.

Alex walks toward the sound of a horse not really knowing were she is. After bit of walking sees a horse and a man. Just as she was about to leave again when she sees a horn so she waits in the shadows.

((Silver is already in the city))

Silver blinked at the cat that suddenly landed in front of him. He narrowed his eyes, bared his teeth and and lowered his head as if getting ready to charge in a primal show of aggression. His defiance and aggression was a part of his conditioned instincts. The other experiments were all used to this way of greetings and his outward coldness that they no longer flinched at it. After all, he had never hurt them, despite how aggressive he acted.

"Ok." Angelina nodded obediently. "Have you managed to find anything to eat yet?" Angelina asked, all she could think of at the moment was food, but she had no idea how to obtain it. She shivered as a cold gust of autumn air hit the two, she hugged the blue polo jacket close, then looked at Roka, feeling guilty for not thinking of her. She was probably colder then Angelina was. "Are you cold? Do you want the jacket?" Angelina asked, her delicate shaking blue fingers begun to try to unzip the jacket.

Roka shook her head. "No," she said. "I'm fine. You can keep the jacket. Let's find someplace to stay, first. Oh yeah! Speaking of that, this nice couple took me in. I was in my fox form and foraging for food, and they found me and took me home. They have a nice house, and I'm sure you could stay with me for the the time being. I find it amusing how they call me Roxy, or Roxanne. Pretty close to Roka, don't you think?"

((This is allowed, right? Being "adopted" by humans when they're in their animal form? And can they understand each other when they're animals? Do they speak Humanese?))

Cat waited, slowly shutting and opening her eyes. She wasn't phased by the outward coldness, Silver was just like that. People who didn't know her also thought that she was cold and distant, but she greeted each person differently. Silver was just one if those who thought he was above 'humans' and so this was rather snotty of her, but tended to just not do anything in reaction to his greeting. When a minute passed, she meowed and moved closer looking up to his face as though she were expecting something. A treat or maybe some kind of actual hello.

Edited by RainDash

Slowly, Silver relaxed from his aggressive stance. He sighed.

"Hullo, Cat," he simply said in greetings. "Unless you eat grass, I don't have any food."

He showed her some hay and grass before putting one of the stalks into his mouth and chewing on it.

(It's Humanish, everyone knows that xd.png)

Angelina sneezed, "Sorry." She mumbled rubbing her pink nose. "A human house sounds great." Angelina sighed contently, ever since she escaped she had dreamed of going inside one of those warm human boxes, piled high with food for the cold winters to come. Then something occurred to Angelina when Roka said 'her' humans called her names that was dangerously close to her own, "W-what if they are secretly white-coats in disguise? How can they guess a name that close to your name otherwise? Angelina panicked, pacing back and forth.

"Eh...I'm not too worried. If they really were scientists, then they would've turned me in already, don'tcha think?" Roka smiled reassuringly, starting to walk towards "her" apartment.

Cat transformed, her gown and all. She wanted to speak, just a little. "Sorry, didn't get enough money for clothes." she said, matching her pace to Silver's. She wasn't hungry though, mostly because she snacked on mice regularly and dug for scraps in all the right places. She ate just enough to get by. "No thanks." she replied, in response to the offer of wheat and hay.