TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

I'm preparing a wallpaper of the image =)

(don't use the one on site, it's so low quality =P )

When I have it ready it will be linked in the art post under TJ's original post ^^

Yay thank you! biggrin.gif

It's mostly people like you I have to thank for even making this possible. smile.gif

Zombie hatchie army FTW, bro! xd.png

I'm preparing a wallpaper of the image =)

(don't use the one on site, it's so low quality =P )

When I have it ready it will be linked in the art post under TJ's original post ^^

Aaah, yay, you are too kind!!! The zombie image is just so well done. It's stunning.

(And yup, it's the only thing I've seen at the graveyard, and have been checking back every now to share at that wonderful zombie - before running for my life of course.)

That's exactly how FortyTwo got his massive number of dead hatchies. If someone hadn't viewbombed the hatchies I was sending him as part of a trade, he'd have 11 more by now. LOL!

OUCH, lanette - so sorry to hear that!

What a waste of your scroll spaces, too, especially at this time, with older Holidays around to collect...

Syphoneira - I should have explained better smile.gif It didn't affect my scroll space. You see I was supposed to deliver the hatchies with 12 Hrs till death. So I had my hatchies all fogged and low-stat and out of any hatcheries, and I sent a one-way link to 42. But before he could take the hatchies, some "helpful" soul apparently decided that I don't know what I am doing despite my gold trophy and added all hatchies into some hatcheries, making them grow up all of a sudden before 42 could take them. So I had to release the lot of them coz I had no use for them.

I keep my scroll visible because I breed for free for people, but sometimes some people make me want to say screw it all and hide my scroll!

Edited by lanette

I now just see this because I havn't been on in forever! I am glad this is back! biggrin.gif

Edited by Destiny Arts

Syphoneira - I should have explained better smile.gif It didn't affect my scroll space. You see I was supposed to deliver the hatchies with 12 Hrs till death. So I had my hatchies all fogged and low-stat and out of any hatcheries, and I sent a one-way link to 42. But before he could take the hatchies, some "helpful" soul apparently decided that I don't know what I am doing despite my gold trophy and added all hatchies into some hatcheries, making them grow up all of a sudden before 42 could take them. So I had to release the lot of them coz I had no use for them.

I keep my scroll visible because I breed for free for people, but sometimes some people make me want to say screw it all and hide my scroll!

Yeah it's really irritating they did that. :x They seemed fine an hour before you told me they'd grown up. But oh well. Can't undo it.

@Nakase: Love the zombie pic... can't wait for a full-size! smile.gif

Just to make sure,

45 is the number of treats there are correct?

Aye. 45.

Cannot wait to see what the new dragons are going to look like! And I can't wait for the rest of my eggs to hatch. *pokes them gently*

i have to know how long does it take to find the treats?

i tried to wait 5, 10, 15, 30, minutes

even 1-2 hours i hardly find anything

in 3 days i only found 9 so far blink.gif yeap 9 in 3 days

i wish like before i could find more without the hassle

plus the site takes forever to load or wont even load at times and i have high speed internet

had the same problem last year so i found 1 and gave up

i guess is should give up this year too since in 3 days all i found are 9 treats

Edited by lily_kitty15

Oh, I just realized, I don't have the banner for this year on my trick-or-treat page. :\ I know I missed a year of it, but I would expect to either not have last year's banner or to have it but nothing beneath it. But now instead it just looks like I got last year's treats (even though they're from this year) and I don't particularly like that.

If that doesn't make sense...

I have last year's banner over this year's batch of treats, instead of the new banner.

in 3 days i only found 9 so far blink.gif yeap 9 in 3 days

No idea, might be that a lot of people are on now, it took me a few hours on the first night of the carnival when few people knew. I suggest refreshing on the "viewing your dragons" page every 10-15 mins and occasionally visit the carnival, what I did, and later in the night might help too. Seems like it's just the rush of trying to get the treats and the old Halloween dragons making it harder.

in 3 days i only found 9 so far blink.gif  yeap 9 in 3 days

plus the site takes forever to load or wont even load at times and i have high speed internet

i guess is should give up this year too since in 3 days all i found are 9 treats

It should definitely take less than 30 minutes. o_O In years past it seemed to be around 8 - 12 randomized for users. This year I didn't pay attention, but it felt more like 5 or 6 than 8. o.o

Try clearing your cache and your cookies. When you look, go to short pages, such as the home page, any of the biomes or a dragons view page. Be sure to check the very top and very bottom of the page.

If you're using addons, especially anything like adblock or even noscript, try disabling that and seeing if it works. You might also try switching browsers or making sure your browser is the most recent version to see if that helps.

I got 42 treats and then I stopped finding them.

I count 45 for you. :3

Oh, I just realized, I don't have the banner for this year on my trick-or-treat page. :\ I know I missed a year of it, but I would expect to either not have last year's banner or to have it but nothing beneath it. But now instead it just looks like I got last year's treats (even though they're from this year) and I don't particularly like that.

It is a little odd. I would expect you to have this year's banner.

I missed the first year of FoE so missed the first banner but the rest appear in order. I didn't skip a year in the middle, though, so maybe the banner is dependent on the last batch of eggs you grabbed rather than the new batch?

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

in 3 days i only found 9 so far blink.gif  yeap 9 in 3 days

Try refreshing on a page with less on it, treats sometimes appear at the bottom of the page. If you're on your dragon page and you have a lot of dragons, you might miss a treat if it's at the bottom. I go to my "Account" menu page to search for treats, that's nice and small.

Edit: Post got ninja'd. xd.png

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

I am LOVING all the low-time eggs here. I got like 13 CB eggs that way on top of a few decent lineages from my favorite Holiday dragons. It was frustrating to catch them in the AP at first but I've been persistent and I'm happy about that. Yay to those that made this Halloween event possible and can't wait to see the new dragon for this season!

PS - Maybe this has already been asked but did anyone else notice that the Fortune Telling Magi used to be named Esperelda or something similar and now the name has changed to Zena? Was I imagining the first one or did anyone else notice that little change? Also, the maze was confusing me SO BADLY I ended up mapping out the ENTIRE thing so I could figure out where I was.

It is a little odd. I would expect you to have this year's banner.

I missed the first year of FoE so missed the first banner but the rest appear in order. I didn't skip a year in the middle, though, so maybe that's why. o.o

First year didn't have a banner, at least not that I know of. (And I have almost all of first year's treats)

Edited by edwardelricfreak

First year didn't have a banner, at least not that I know of. (And I have almost all of first year's treats)

I edited so it made more sense. x3

I didn't skip a year in the middle, though, so maybe the banner is dependent on the last batch of eggs you grabbed rather than the new batch?

Except by eggs I meant items/sprites. >.>

I have the same issue Sci, and it was last year's ToT that I missed.

I missed the first year of FoE so missed the first banner but the rest appear in order. I didn't skip a year in the middle, though, so maybe the banner is dependent on the last batch of eggs you grabbed rather than the new batch?

Haha, I still also was around for the first Festival of Eggs. It didn't have a banner either. XD

I guess it does? But that doesn't make sense to me. I feel like you should get the banner for that year so it actually corresponds to the eggs/treats you found.

Today Zena (who has a strikingly similar name to me!) says:

"Someone is thinking about you right now."

...I hope so. sad.gif

I have the same issue with this year's banner not appearing... All my treats from this year are under last year's banner and the few treats I collected last year seem to have disappeared. O.o I don't think I'm remembering wrong about collecting treats last year; I'm pretty sure I did collect at least 3 or 4 of the treats, despite being busy.

Does anybody know if it's possible to get this year's banner as well, or are my banners now "shifted" a year and I'd get this year's banner over top of next year's treats? (I hope that makes sense.)

Haha, I still also was around for the first Festival of Eggs. It didn't have a banner either. xd.png

I guess it does? But that doesn't make sense to me. I feel like you should get the banner for that year so it actually corresponds to the eggs/treats you found.

No, the first banner, not a banner with the first set of eggs. Theees one. x3 I missed the first year, so I didn't need a banner when I did start grabbing. But the next year I got the proper ribbon-y one with dragums holding it up.

Like I said, it would make more sense for you to have this year's banner. Just trying to find an answer. x3 I can poke TJ about it, but I dunno if that's what he intended or not, so we'll see.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I just saw a gold in the AP!

Errrr, what does this have to do with Halloween?

*slinks back out*