TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

Cave lurker cave-blockers! Arugh!

my screencap was ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Oasis

Well, at least there's some second gen PBs in there... kinda tempting even though I already got a pair...

What's the official count on treats this year? And if anyone remembers, what was the count for last year? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is on the wiki or something I could easily look up ^^;;

45 for this year

What's the official count on treats this year? And if anyone remembers, what was the count for last year? Thanks in advance, and sorry if this is on the wiki or something I could easily look up ^^;;

45 so far this year.

59 last year.

93 in 2010

I just noticed, there are fewer treats each year. TJ, if you need more artist, I could make one next year.

You have to be invited by in-cave artists. This year, there was a limit on how many each person could make, hence the smaller amount.

Never hurts to ask either a Mod or one of the artists for advice IMO...

Oh god, the other day as I ran around the house screaming while trying to assassinate a moth, I realised that they're pretty bloody scary. Like, a spider is freaky as hell but they don't launch themselves at your face. *shudders* Right after, I thought about how there are always a lot of spiders in these trick or treat events but never moths.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS. D:<

Moths make me turn into an instant ninja.

Trying to wait for my 2nd round of eggs to hatch and my first round of Halloweens to grow up seems to be taking forever!!!! I love all of the dragons I was able to get, however. People are so nice on this site! I was able to get a 2nd gen Shadow Walker x Christmas dragon for every Christmas dragon but Holly biggrin.gif

I grabbed and incu'd a second clutch of AP eggs today- hoping that I'll be able to hatch them all in time to get the new release. Some of them are too pretty to abandon D;

I would love to see a moth item- I think they're lovely, but yes, terrifying if you encounter one that you subsequently need to capture or kill.

Though, I think gnats are worse- little buggers always fly straight into my eyes D:< (though I'm sure a gnat treat would be uninteresting at best)

Um so the abandoned pile exploded

user posted image

haha. This. (not that I can grab anything anyway. Locked biggrin.gif )

And I don't know why people are so scared of moths. I think they're cute. Spiders on the other hand...(Although the three from this year are kinda cute...as spiders go) and gnats are merely annoying...unless they're in swarms (like they tend to do this time of year)...then they're REALLY annoying.

Edited by VioletWhirlwind

Oh god, the other day as I ran around the house screaming while trying to assassinate a moth, I realised that they're pretty bloody scary. Like, a spider is freaky as hell but they don't launch themselves at your face. *shudders* Right after, I thought about how there are always a lot of spiders in these trick or treat events but never moths.

DON'T GIVE THEM IDEAS. D:<

OMG SO AGREE. Spiders are creepy/icky enough. But moths *FLY*. Especially riiiiight when you are about to squish them, ie you are fairly close to them, then they go FLYYYYYY right at you. *shudders* .... I've gotten better though, I no longer lock myself in a moth-free room and wait for my mom to kill it. ... I just scream and wait for my mom to kill it.

I feel all "whaa?" now 'cause I reached 45 treats and now I'm like ".... okay.... now what am I gonna doooo?" lol

Varekis 

Posted: Oct 27 2013, 08:49 AM

(DustyBelle @ Oct 27 2013, 10:39 PM)

Okay, it is finally coming up when I click on the carnival shop. Thanks all.

Any other way to get it to show since I have my 45 collectibles? huh.gif 

You can just click on your trick or treating badge. :3

Clicking on the carnival tent next to the vase of flowers at the top of my scroll does nothing anymore. Does that mean it is not working correctly or is it suppose to stop linking once you obtain all 45 of the currently available trick or treats ( I am still hoping there are 15 more for Thursday's fun.)

Edited by DustyBelle

You can just click on your trick or treating badge. :3

Clicking on the carnival tent next to the vase of flowers at the top of my scroll does nothing anymore. Does that mean it is not working correctly or is it suppose to stop linking once you obtain all 45 of the currently available trick or treats ( I am still hoping there are 15 more for Thursday's fun.)

the treats will be in the pumpkin bucket badge. the tent should take you to the carnival.

well... i got all of the older releases i already had then from last year but now i got 2 more or each breed. now i will wait for these guys to be done growing up and y that time the new release will be out and i will get six of those guys

What. Moths are adorable. Except for the ones that eat your clothes. Those are not adorable. I've been divebombed by them several times and then they tickle when they crawl all over but when you look at them, they're all adorable with their fuzzy bodies and bushy antennae and their big adorable eyes >w<

I'd love some people to make some moths for the ToT. :D Maybe we could get really gross and even have flies and maggots. xP I support more buggies in the future. :3

If I were involved in future events, I'd probably sprite a bug and maybe also some candy. XD

I got my new fortune for today.

"Call up a friend or love, today is a day for strengthening relationships with those you care about."

Well, I have been wanting to have an art day with my friends. laugh.gif Maybe if I call them, we can set up a date to do so. It's been a long time since we had time to draw and sculpt together.

Well, my fortune was in mirror-writing. I eventually worked out that it said "Avoid that sketchy albino dragon at all costs. He eats hands."

HAHAHAHA xd.png oh goodness. Is that a llamas with hats reference? If not, still funny.

OMG SO AGREE. Spiders are creepy/icky enough. But moths *FLY*. Especially riiiiight when you are about to squish them, ie you are fairly close to them, then they go FLYYYYYY right at you. *shudders* .... I've gotten better though, I no longer lock myself in a moth-free room and wait for my mom to kill it. ... I just scream and wait for my mom to kill it.

I feel all "whaa?" now 'cause I reached 45 treats and now I'm like ".... okay.... now what am I gonna doooo?" lol

Maybe I'm a weird person or I picked the right major but I avidly watched a spider eat a fly after accidentally herded said prey into the web. It was so awesome to see the spider wrap the fly and I guess injected the digestive juices as the fly stopped buzzing. Then it dragged the spider more into the corner for safekeeping.

Maybe I'm a weird person or I picked the right major but I avidly watched a spider eat a fly after accidentally herded said prey into the web. It was so awesome to see the spider wrap the fly and I guess injected the digestive juices as the fly stopped buzzing. Then it dragged the spider more into the corner for safekeeping.

lmao. I did this at the gas station recently. I had been admiring the beautiful web when the fly got stuck. People probably thought I was on something just standing there long after my gas was done.

/on-topic If I didn't say so before, Thank you TJ and spriters for another great DC event. biggrin.gif

this is a noobish question, but how long will the new dragon eggs drop in the cave? Is it only midnight to midnight over the 31st?

I'm trying to figure out if I can hatch my 2nd round of eggs in time or if I'll have to abandon some.

Well, expect it to explode again on Halloween I still haven't breed my Shadow Walker checkers, my CB cavern lurkers, or my checker black marrows yet.

Twimm, they flood the day of Halloween and then drop randomly a couple of days following.

Edited by Spyridon