TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

I enjoyed the First Bite story. (I like sad death drama, as long as its not real life. Not gonna lie, one of the reasons Lion King is my favorite movie.) So sad but a nice vampire dragon story. Though it must not be the first- for what was the thing that bit the 'first egg' and the father?

Clearly a vampire bite them, and the one that bite them came to be from the mutation of some sorts, ether from evolution or from a experiment gone bad, that is how i understand it.

*twiddles thumbs for next 8 hours or so*

I'm waiting for my first batch of eggs to hatch, so I can start the process over. smile.gif

Did any one notice in the morphing cat sprite some minor things that should not be, one is the tail that stays on the left side of screen when the dragon flies back, and one is a slight flickering of dragon as some point so that only head stays visible.

Clearly a vampire bite them, and the one that bite them came to be from the mutation of some sorts, ether from evolution or from a experiment gone bad, that is how i understand it.

I guess all things considered seeing everything has to start somwhere. Maybe it was a changed undead dragon, just a little different dragon the rest? xd.png

Can't wait for the new dragons....or new treats!

So far I have captured one or two past Halloween dragons. Gonna keep trucking as long as i can!

And heck no! Any spider comes near me I bawl like a baby. One day i had a brown recluse inside one of my shoes and i touched it with my foot and then held it in my hand. I cried in hysterics. Was awful!

OMG, if I lived anywhere brown recluse spiders lived and invaded shoes, I'd be elsewhere so fast, you'd be reading articles about Witnesses Report Seeing Mysterious Woman Teleport to Spiderless Elsewhere.

Thank FSM you weren't bitten!

OMG, if I lived anywhere brown recluse spiders lived and invaded shoes, I'd be elsewhere so fast, you'd be reading articles about Witnesses Report Seeing Mysterious Woman Teleport to Spiderless Elsewhere.

Thank FSM you weren't bitten!

The very idea of someone TELEPORTING away instead of running made me laugh. Make that 2, I'd likly be so scared after all that I wouldn't speak for an hour or more...

45 eggs and maybe more later...

=======================

I noticed that Esmarelda changed to Zena as soon as I logged in...

=========================

'Check out the shop has been changed...

========================

In 'go directly to the graveyard', the scene shown is different...

Edited by Husky51

Just bred the 2nd batch of eggs an hour ago and i have 45 treats now

are there more to collect ?

btw:

Does the maze has an end?

Edited by Dolphine

Just bred the 2nd batch of eggs an hour ago and i have 45 treats now

are there more to collect ?

btw:

Does the maze has an end?

Yeah it does I found it on my first try.

Highlight if you want a spoiler:

Found a zombie dragon at the end of it.

My first eggs just hatched! I love it when the fan sites get flooded with babies.

Someone posted in Tiny Little Questions. I like how the person thinks. The explantion why the "Check out the shop" leads to the Trick-or-treat page is because the sole purpose of the shop is to get some treats or souvenir to lay in the tombstone. The divider is the graveyard. Now the treats look like they are all laid down on the ground of the graveyard. tongue.gif

The bite of a brown recluse may not kill you, but can be not only extremely painful but be very nasty indeed and leave ugly scarring.

I'm very glad that we don't have anything that toxic here, although even innocuous spider bites are typically quite painful, and I feel that the person I was addressing had a right to be upset at finding one in her shoe with her foot, and then having it in her hand before realizing its identity.

I am also glad that she wasn't bitten for a reason - at best, they're very painful bites, even if there's no scarring.

http://www.orkin.com/other/spiders/brown-r...-spider-deadly/

... The severity of a person’s reaction to a brown recluse spider bite depends upon the amount of venom injected and the location of the bite. Most are relatively unaffected by the bite of the brown recluse and heal quickly, without scarring, while few may experience tissue damage.

Bites are usually not immediately painful and may go unnoticed for several hours, at which point symptoms appear. Typical cases involving brown recluse spiders result in redness and swelling at the bite site. In more severe cases, injected venom kills tissue cells at the bite site, causing necrosis. Intense pain may also set in, accompanied by itching, fever, chills, restlessness, nausea, vomiting and shock.

No verified cases of fatalities to brown recluse spider bites are documented. Scientific literature cites many other likely sources of supposed brown recluse bites, such as bacterial infections. If a bite is suspected or if there are any medical concerns, consult a medical professional.

Edit: this site looks better - but I hadn't realized that they were in Alberta, so they could be here, too, drat it, although I'm not near any hot, dry areas they apparently prefer.

https://myhealth.alberta.ca/health/Pages/co...hwid=tm6499spec

... What are the symptoms?

Brown recluse spider bites don't always hurt right away. In fact, you may not know that you have been bitten until other symptoms appear. Symptoms of a brown recluse spider bite include:

Reddened skin that may be followed by a blister that forms at the bite site.

Mild to intense pain and itching for 2 to 8 hours following the bite.

An open sore (ulcerClick here to see more information.) with a breakdown of tissue (necrosis) that develops a week or more following the bite. This may take months to heal.

Some people have a severe, systemic (whole-body) reaction to brown recluse spider bites, including the rapid destruction of red blood cells and anemia (hemolytic anemiaClick here to see more information.). Signs and symptoms include:

Fever and chills.

Skin rash all over the body with many tiny, flat purple and red spots.

Nausea or vomiting.

Joint pain.

What should I do if a brown recluse spider bites me?

If you think you have been bitten by a brown recluse spider:

Remain calm. Too much excitement or movement will increase the flow of venom into the blood.

Apply a cool, wet cloth to the bite or cover the bite with a cloth and apply an ice bag to the bite.

Do not apply a tourniquet. It may cause more harm than benefit.

Try to positively identify the spider or catch it to confirm its type.

A brown recluse bite can be serious and may require immediate medical care. Call a doctor if:

You have severe symptoms throughout your body.

An open sore and necrosis develop. Necrosis is black, dead tissue. ...

... Medicine to counteract brown recluse spider venom is not available in the United States or Canada. Treatment depends on how severe the bite is. For bites that:

Do not develop open sores, treatment includes applying a cold compress, elevating the bite area, and avoiding moving the bite area.

Cause an open sore (ulcer) and dead skin (necrosis), treatment includes removing the dead skin from the sore. This may involve follow-up and replacing the dead skin with new skin (skin graftsClick here to see more information.).

Hyperbaric oxygen therapy Click here to see more information. may also be used for tissue damage from a spider bite.

Medicines that may be used include:

Pain medicine, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol) or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)Click here to see more information.. NSAIDs include naproxen (Aleve) and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin). Do not give ASA to anyone younger than 20 because of the risk of Reye syndromeClick here to see more information..

Antihistamines Click here to see more information., such as Benadryl, to relieve itching.

Antibiotics Click here to see more information., if an infection is present.

Getting somewhat conflicting information regarding fatalities, but would like to include it to explain why people in some areas are scared of spiders.

They're entitled.

The thought of finding that type of spider with my foot or hand scares me, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_recluse_spider

... As suggested by its specific epithet reclusa (recluse), the brown recluse spider is rarely aggressive, and bites from the species are uncommon. In 2001, more than 2,000 brown recluse spiders were removed from a heavily infested home in Kansas, yet the four residents who had lived there for years were never harmed by the spiders, despite many encounters with them.[13][14] The spider usually bites only when pressed against the skin, such as when tangled within clothes, towels, bedding, inside work gloves, etc. Many human victims report having been bitten after putting on clothes that had not been worn recently, or had been left for many days undisturbed on the floor. However, the fangs of the brown recluse are so tiny they are unable to penetrate most fabric.[15]

The bite frequently is not felt initially and may not be immediately painful, but it can be serious. The brown recluse bears a potentially deadly hemotoxic venom. Most bites are minor with no necrosis. However, a small number of brown recluse bites do produce severe dermonecrotic lesions (i.e. necrosis); an even smaller number produce severe cutaneous (skin) or viscerocutaneous (systemic) symptoms. In one study of clinically diagnosed brown recluse bites, skin necrosis occurred 37% of the time, while systemic illness occurred 14% of the time.[16] In these cases, the bites produced a range of symptoms common to many members of the Loxosceles genus known as loxoscelism, which may be cutaneous and viscerocutaneous. In very rare cases, bites can even cause hemolysis—the bursting of red blood cells.[17]

Around 49% of brown recluse bites do not result in necrosis or systemic effects. When both types of loxoscelism do result, systemic effects may occur before necrosis, as the venom spreads throughout the body in minutes. Children, the elderly, and the debilitatingly ill may be more susceptible to systemic loxoscelism. The systemic symptoms most commonly experienced include nausea, vomiting, fever, rashes, and muscle and joint pain. Rarely, such bites can result in hemolysis, thrombocytopenia, disseminated intravascular coagulation, organ damage, and even death.[18] Most fatalities are in children under the age of seven[19] or those with a weak immune system.

While the majority of brown recluse spider bites do not result in any symptoms, cutaneous symptoms occur more frequently than systemic symptoms. In such instances, the bite forms a necrotizing ulcer that destroys soft tissue and may take months to heal, leaving deep scars. These bites usually become painful and itchy within 2 to 8 hours. Pain and other local effects worsen 12 to 36 hours after the bite, and the necrosis develops over the next few days.[20] Over time, the wound may grow to as large as 25 cm (10 inches). The damaged tissue becomes gangrenous and eventually sloughs away. ...

Edited by Syphoneira

I wonder if someone (user, someone for the wiki, whatever) will be collecting all the different fortunes? Some of the ones I'm reading in here are awesome!!

I got the "The admin gives you his favor today. Shine on, you crazy diamond." one today, which I doubt means I'll be getting a metallic anytime soon, but I did grab two Shadow Walkers on the AP!

Yep, I'm collecting them. smile.gif (feel free to send me screen caps of your cards because I'd love to add them too)

Did any one notice in the morphing cat sprite some minor things that should not be, one is the tail that stays on the left side of screen when the dragon flies back, and one is a slight flickering of dragon as some point so that only head stays visible.

Yes, and also when the dragon morphes back into a cat there's a rest of "light" staying behind around the cat.

Edited by Nyastara

So the trophy for this looks like a tent/volcano thing? If so then i got it, if not then what's it look like

This is the message i get from the maze:

You visit the Graveyard. OH NO! You have found a Zombified Dragon! It's seen you! RUN!

Edited by Lilith_Rayne

So the trophy for this looks like a tent/volcano thing?   If so then i got it, if not then what's it look like

This is the message i get from the maze:

You visit the Graveyard. OH NO! You have found a Zombified Dragon! It's seen you! RUN!

I think the badge is supposed to look like a medieval tent... like this one here.

So how many treats there are in total?

There are currently 45 of them.

Edited by Nyastara

Well I got my third card: "Is that shirt new? You look fabulous."

Right.

But the pants are new. Does that count?

Man, I'm stressing to get all the holidays I need to the point that I think my IBS is kicking up. sad.gif Ugh, there's a couple of more days left.

Got the treats, had some fun, got confused, overall so far I have enjoyed myself and I'm looking foreward to more fun...

Thanks, TJ, Spriters and Planners...