TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

Can someone please PM as to exactly what this carnival is about? I remember last year there was more interaction as far as a story and finding stuff. Other than the maze..that..I don't know if I got through it or just found the beginning again........and the graveyard where I thought you could maybe get those x.x what is there to -do- The trick or treating aside. Is there something I need to do to unlock something or? Just curious.

Thanks TJ smile.gif Happy early Halloween. I look forward to the new Halloween dragon!

Personally, I particularly ADORE the cat that metamorphoses into a dragon!

Me, too! laugh.gif

Esmeralda gave me a warning today. xd.png "Avoid the color purple at all costs tomorrow. Your life may depend on it."

Yup, got the same one, second day in a row. I wish at least the color would vary a little biggrin.gif I mean, how is one supposed to fertilize dragons like this?

@glass_kisses: Is it still blank when you click on it?

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I keep getting a blank fortune. Is it just me?

I only got blank if i use my phone. Maybe you should try it on your computer?

I only got blank if i use my phone. Maybe you should try it on your computer?

It's still blank when I click on it. When I go back, it tells me I've already viewed my fortune and this is on both my phone and my laptop. Oh well.

Gotta love that eyeball on a stick.

:3c

Ahh, Carnival was fun. I hope we get more stuff to do as Halloween looms near! XP The Set game was loads of fun. <3

Finally took a trip to the carnival! Saw a zombie in the graveyard and had to run (even though I would much rather have captured it for my scroll, haha), played Set and felt ripped off because I didn't win anything for getting three sets wink.gif , and had Esmerelda tell me 15 was my lucky number and that I should have that many children. laugh.gif Good times. Have only found 18 of the treats so far, but I still have plenty of time. The only thing I haven't done yet is stay for all the stories in the Story Booth.

This is one of the best halloweens ever, because of an adoptables site biggrin.gif I'm so sad!!!

Esmerelda says that someone is thinking about me right now 80 I don't know if I should be worried, or happy xd.png

Oh, well todays fortune is a bit odd xd.png

"Avoid that sketchy Albino dragon at all costs.It eats hands."

Hmm, i'm already not overly fond of Albinos.... xd.png

Yup, got the same one, second day in a row. I wish at least the color would vary a little biggrin.gif I mean, how is one supposed to fertilize dragons like this?

Esmeralda is a frugal fortune teller, she's all about recycling. LOL

Even with fertility, some might still be secretly popping pills. There are a few pair's that rarely breed offspring's.

There's a hand-eating albino on the loose? I'm loving the albino fortune.

Keep your hands safely tucked away, ladies and gentlemen!

Yay for a Halloween Carnival. And for patience. I think TJ plans for this to be a multi-day thing. "Come back tomorrow..." for more stuff.

Can't wait to see what the new Halloween dragons are.

My fortune said (in Emma Thompson's voice):

"You are in grave danger, my friend"

My response:

"Right.. Well, if that's really the best you can do.

biggrin.gif

D'aww, kitten under a hat. ;u;

Now is that not the cutest thing you can get so far in treats, reminds me of the little kitten i had when i was younger, even the three spider sisters are not that cute.

Now is that not the cutest thing you can get so far in treats, reminds me of the little kitten i had when i was younger, even the three spider sisters are not that cute.

Definitely the cutest I've gotten so far. :D Aww, I wish I had a kitten. But eep, three spider sisters? That is like, not my idea of cute at all. XD

I don't think there will be anything added. This is how it's been since they started the Halloween event. I don't see him changing it any time soon since a lot of people are very happy with how it is now. It's easy to go collect things because you want to, not because you have to. There are no drawbacks for not collecting all the treats, not completing the Set game, not finding the end of the corn maze, or for not visiting the carnival, aside from not getting a badge f visiting the carnival.

I love the artwork this year. Mysfytt did a wonderful job on the Oddities tour. Beautiful pictures!

I cannot make out the other artists' signatures who made pictures for the Oddities tour, so I am sorry I cannot call you out yet. But you have done beautiful pictures as well! This was a very easy and entertaining event, and thank you to everyone who worked on it, and to TJ for inviting us to participate!

I don't think there will be anything added. This is how it's been since they started the Halloween event. I don't see him changing it any time soon since a lot of people are very happy with how it is now.  It's easy to go collect things because you want to, not because you have to. There are no drawbacks for not collecting all the treats, not completing the Set game, not finding the end of the corn maze, or for not visiting the carnival, aside from not getting a badge f visiting the carnival.

*cocks head* Hasn't TJ randomly added extra stuff to Halloween events/Trick or Treat items in the past? I thought he has. :s

But yeah, I agree with you. I never liked feeling obligated to do everything in order to unlock a badge/achievement*. It's probably one of my favourite things about this release. Feels very carnival-y in the way you can wander and look at only the "stalls" you're interested in. =)

* By badge/achievement, I mean collecting all the sprites as a result of having exhausted every possible path in the story or game.

Edited by Varekis

Is the cap still at 45? *went to bed without finishing*

Edit: Today my card said " You should expect a windfall within two weeks. Keep your eyes open for happy opportunities."

I am differently going to take this as a good thing. Better if it actually happens xd.png

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Is the cap still at 45? *went to bed without finishing*

Edit: Today my card said " You should expect a windfall within two weeks. Keep your eyes open for happy opportunities."

I am differently going to take this as a good thing. Better if it actually happens xd.png

WB

Yes still at 45

*cocks head* Hasn't TJ randomly added extra stuff to Halloween events/Trick or Treat items in the past? I thought he has. :s

Goodness, I can't find the post I was responding too sad.gif

I thought the member was hoping for more games/activites to be added later? I don't recall TJ adding extra activites before, but I could be wrong.

You are correct in that TJ has added extra treats to collect, but I don't think that is what I was responding too.

EDIT: found the post:

:3c

Ahh, Carnival was fun. I hope we get more stuff to do as Halloween looms near! XP The Set game was loads of fun. <3

Edited by xeyla

No, TJ has added stuff at the last minute. The treats always started at around 30-50, and then, a day or two before, new ones start popping up. It's always been this way. I remember it well.

Not to say he is going to do that this year, but yes, he has done it every time before.

Edited by Riverwillows

No, TJ has added stuff at the last minute. The treats always started at around 30-50, and then, a day or two before, new ones start popping up. It's always been this way. I remember it well.

Not to say he is going to do that this year, but yes, he has done it every time before.

I remember the extra treats being added, but I don't remember him adding any new activities. That is what I was saying.