TJ09

2013-10-25 - Halloween Carnival

I can't help but laugh as I look through last year's archive on the DC wiki and see the costumes. But it was in doing this I noticed the chicken last year dressed up as a Rooster, one that looks suspiciously like the one in the House of Magnificent Marvels...

Starting to think that some of the exhibits in the House of Magnificent Marvels might not be real, and are just dragons having some fun with costumes...

Edited by ShorahNagi

I have all 45 treats biggrin.gif

I hope that we are going to get a list of who sprited all the lovely, treats and carnival art as well. ( there is usually a post reserved for that but it's not there this time sad.gif )

I have all 45 treats biggrin.gif

I hope that we are going to get a list of who sprited all the lovely, treats and carnival art as well. ( there is usually a post reserved for that but it's not there this time sad.gif )

There is - the second post under TJ's original is reserved for it (I asked the same thing earlier)

The carnival is cute (especially the house of marvels, with the dino and the rooster, haha!), but I must say I was a bit disappointed to find a bunch of little side things rather than another choose-your-own-adventure gig when I clicked the link. The text adventures of the past two Halloweens (especially the first one) were very much my favorite DC events ever, so I'm sad to see them go. I'm still hoping that, maybe, such a thing will be released on Halloween itself, but I'm not holding my breath... (and can't really say I'm surprised, either; it's probably a fair bit of work to put the things together, maybe people were just busier this year than usual and no one had time for it, seeing as it's all volunteer work rather than official stuff)

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Newb Question!

Is it common to see all of these Halloween eggs in the AP? Does this normally happen around holidays?

Newb Question!

Is it common to see all of these Halloween eggs in the AP? Does this normally happen around holidays?

Yes - it is, as everyone breeds their past Holiday dragons and sends them to the AP page

This is the only way to get past Holiday dragons

They seriously just toss them? Why aren't they keeping any for themselves and are the other Holidays harder?

Newb Question!

for all events (Halloween, Christmas, and valentines) the only way to get the old dragons is to have someone who has them breed them and either gift them to you or drop them to the AP. As most Holiday dragons breed multiples there are always some going to AP, so yes.

For Christmas/Valentines day they will stick around longer because there is a scroll limit of 2 per breed for those.

They seriously just toss them? Why aren't they keeping any for themselves and are the other Holidays harder?

Either they don't want anymore, or as I mentioned above multi-clutches you can only keep 1 egg from.

Edited by DragonLady86

Halloween dragons tend to produce multiple offspring, and people are only allowed to keep one egg per breeding, so sometimes people do keep one for themselves--but still send an extra two or three to the AP.

The other Holidays are for the most part actually easier, as people can only collect two of each Valentine and Christmas breed. The only exception is the Christmas Holly dragons; they were the first Holiday dragon ever released, and as there were considerably less players around back then, there's a much more limited number being bred and accordingly fewer eggs to find in the AP.

I absolutely love the art for this event. The Zombie pic at the end of the maze is amazing. And the stories are super cute.

Hehe my fortune: "The admin gives you his favor today. Shine on, you crazy diamond."

All I can think of is that Shimmer named Diva. xd.png

Yes they toss them to the AP, and they try to grab things they need or want, and other holidays are easier because you can have only 2 of the special breeds on your scroll.

Either they don't want anymore, or as I mentioned above multi-clutches you can only keep 1 egg from.

You can keep all the breed eggs from Halloween even if it says that you can keep only one.

Edited by Mommy_Kitty

Holiday eggs are bred in mulch-clutches (will contain 1 to 4 eggs) - they have the option to keep 1 egg, and the others are auto-abandoned. Some players will keep an egg for themselves, others just abandon them all to share the Wealth.

Halloween Dragons have no limit to the number you can own - however, other Holiday ones (Christmas and Valentine's day) you are limited to just 2 dragons of the breed, no matter what (so 2 adults, 2 hatchlings, one of each, etc - no matter what, you can only have 2) - so all eggs from these clutches will be abandoned if you are at your limit.

Oh hey, lookit that, I got all the treats. And I wasn't even really paying attention/trying. xd.png

You can keep all the breed eggs from Halloween even if it says that you can keep only one.

Sorry, but that is incorrect. You can only keep one egg from each clutch no matter if you get 1, 2, 3, or 4.

There is no total limit for the number of Halloween dragons you can have, which may be what you are thinking of. (Except of course that your normal scroll limits still apply, according to the trophy that you have.)

Do you get anything for winning the card game?

Nope - nothing but a feeling of accomplishment

lol a prize would make seeing the words "this is not a set" 5 thousand times worth while. tongue.gif

Edited by majors

I'd really like to post one of the tokens , but I can't...so I'll just say that there's one that clearly shows us what cats do when no one is watching.

Yay! 45 treats, and can anyone tell me what collecting all the treats means?

Yay! 45 treats, and can anyone tell me what collecting all the treats means?

It means you had a lot of free time on your hands xd.png

Seriously though, there is no reward for finding all the treats - except the feeling of a job well done and having a nice full page of treats

It means you had a lot of free time on your hands xd.png

Seriously though, there is no reward for finding all the treats - except the feeling of a job well done and having a nice full page of treats

lol, I was going to say that, but you beat me. tongue.gif (not that I can talk, I have all the past event collections)